Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which branch did you pick for the Military career? (Strangerville)

I picked the branch of Covert Operator but I thought I would be doing fun things such as investigating the neighborhood and etc but all my Sim does is change into a suit and go away :(
8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0

Comments

• gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    First thing I did was create two roommate sims and sent each down one of the two paths. Wanted to see them both. They're both good. I just wish we had access to the military clothes in CAS. I guess I'll have to create my own mod for that.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I made two roommates as well. I'll see who gets promotions first.

If you work from home, you do some basic investigation?

How come Jess, the premade, has military clothes if it's not in cas? You can ask her to share!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I have not tried the Covert Operator branch yet, my Sim Ridge went for the Officer branch. He's a Level 8 Lieutenant Colonel now. Level 7's daily task is extremely hard to fulfill. You're supposed to 'Give Orders' to other Sims, which is fine, but you have to keep doing it over and over for hours and hours for the bar to fill up and sometimes it doesn't even move at all beyond 'just started.' I ended up just skipping the daily task and doing only what was necessary to get promoted. It took a bit longer to get promoted, sure, but he did get promoted. You don't need to do the daily task, it just makes promotions happen a bit quicker.

Speaking of quicker, has anyone else noticed that the progress bar seems to go up much faster than other careers when they're at work? At least for my Sim it does. Maybe it's a glitch and I just got lucky, I don't know...

Oh, and Ridge has access to all his uniforms in CAS. I changed a few of his clothing categories to use them. I think I did have to turn off 'masculine' though to get them to appear. I don't remember right now. Or are you talking about having the uniforms appear in CAS for everyone, not just military personnel? If so, yeah, that would be nice for those who like to tell stories, but don't necessarily want their Sim in the military career.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited March 2019
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I have not tried the Covert Operator branch yet, my Sim Ridge went for the Officer branch. He's a Level 8 Lieutenant Colonel now. Level 7's daily task is extremely hard to fulfill. You're supposed to 'Give Orders' to other Sims, which is fine, but you have to keep doing it over and over for hours and hours for the bar to fill up and sometimes it doesn't even move at all beyond 'just started.' I ended up just skipping the daily task and doing only what was necessary to get promoted. It took a bit longer to get promoted, sure, but he did get promoted. You don't need to do the daily task, it just makes promotions happen a bit quicker.

Speaking of quicker, has anyone else noticed that the progress bar seems to go up much faster than other careers when they're at work? At least for my Sim it does. Maybe it's a glitch and I just got lucky, I don't know...

Oh, and Ridge has access to all his uniforms in CAS. I changed a few of his clothing categories to use them. I think I did have to turn off 'masculine' though to get them to appear. I don't remember right now. Or are you talking about having the uniforms appear in CAS for everyone, not just military personnel? If so, yeah, that would be nice for those who like to tell stories, but don't necessarily want their Sim in the military career.

I tried creating a simple mod that changes the categories for the female dress blues and cap, all swatches, added like everyday/formal/party and such. They showed up just fine for everyone. Problem is, there are a LOT of military related uniforms, male and female. It'd take a while to do them all.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    So far I'm only doing the Officers branch ... because I wanted that type of military portrayal for Buzz Grunt and some other sims in my current save that I'm playing. I have other saves where I want my sims to be covert operators though. I've got a Jack Crawford and Clarice Starling waiting in the wings :).
    egTcBMc.png