The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I change my sim picture?

I want to use my own sim for my profile picture thing on the sims website, but I don't know how. Help?

Comments

• Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited December 2013
    The simplest way to change your avatar is to upload a sim to your studio. Go to your MyPage and click on the little pencil that is in the upper-right corner of your current avatar photo. This will allow you to change your avatar. Choose from the drop-down list "Uploaded Avatars". Then choose the one you want to use. You're done. You might need to refresh your browser or wait a while for it to show up.

You can also change the background by going to your MyPage, click on "My Goodies". You'll be able to change the background there. There are some free backgrounds available from the EA Store and also a bunch of them that you can buy for SimPoints.

Some people use a third-party program called Upload Image Changer. They create a new Sim but don't upload to their studio just yet. open the UIC program and swap the photos for new ones. Then save. Then they upload the Sim to their studio. That's how we can see some really cool avatars on the forums.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • LinacaLinaca Posts: 29 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm mostly just asking about how to upload one of my own sims, so could you please expand a bit on that topic?
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited December 2013
    Go into Edit Town. From there, there should be an icon for Create-A-Sim. That's where you can create Sims to add to your game or to share on the Exchange. the sims that you upload to the Exchange go into your Studio. Those are the sims from which you can choose your new avatar photo.

Oh, I forgot to mention. While you're in CAS, click on the icon of your Sim down at the bottom of your screen. You should see two options. One will save to a folder and another to Share. Share will add the Sim to the Uploads tab on your Sims 3 Launcher. You need to use your Launcher to upload to the Exchange.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • spongebob1245spongebob1245 Posts: 15 New Member
    mine keeps telling me to log in even tho im already logged in
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2013, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top