Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did The Sims 3 Store Give Away Barnacle Bay For Free?

2...Next

Comments

• GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Man, it would have been nice to have gotten it for free! Oh, well! :D
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited January 2016
    Forum weirdness is causing me to make a terrible mess of things so see the below comment.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited January 2016
    Okay, I looked again and in my Purchase History it does say "Complete Barnacle Bay" so I probably have the version with the stairs then. I installed so much store content a few months ago that sometimes I don't even know what came with what. I'd been looking for a particular something the other day I was pretty sure I bought and as it turned out I did buy it but somehow missed it in the downloading. That store is a menace I tell you. ;)
    Man, it would have been nice to have gotten it for free! Oh, well! :D

When I found the code for $6 I figured that was about as close as I would get to free. I have a rule about this stuff which is to never pay more than what I think it's worth, and in this case considering they can pump out unlimited copies of the same work by uploading it to a server (which of course has maintenance costs, so not discounting that) $6 was just about right.

For further clarification I do actually have those Barnacle stairs. I was using the launcher and clicked into the installed content and they were showing there.
    Post edited by BSIRegina on
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • AssirkAssirk Posts: 564 Member
    @Estmel Here's the thread!
    The New DD Tracking Thread!!
    Cascade Thread
    Feel free to add me as a friend here: My Page! ^_^
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Guess it's not free for everyone. Only option i have is to buy it, and for some reason it doesn't say "Barnacle Bay", it says "Complete Barnacle Bay Adventure".

It does indeed say The Complete Barnacle Bay Adventure when you are looking at the worlds; but when you click on that world it simply says The Sims 3 Barnacle Bay. I did have to pay for Buccaneer's Bounty; a set that goes with the world. If I am not mistaken, I bought while it was on the DD for practically nothing.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2016
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    So you live in the US and you get thinsg for free?

Not fair.
    American players have been getting free simpoints for years :( The smiley doesn't mean I'm unhappy they got those, good for them, but it's always felt a bit off to me. Someone explained it had something to do with laws or stuff, but if that's the case, why can we get free simpoints in Europe now then (by watching videos)?

Barnacle Bay isn't free now and I missed it. Not a real fan of BB though, it looks a bit dull to me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    edited February 2016
    Karritz wrote: »
    Guess it's not free for everyone. Only option i have is to buy it, and for some reason it doesn't say "Barnacle Bay", it says "Complete Barnacle Bay Adventure". The option to download the original Barnacle Bay is no longer available.

It's still available for me. But as I said, I've already D/L it. I actually like this world. You don't have to play the 'swashbuckler's' game if not interested, but the world is very nice.
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    So you live in the US and you get thinsg for free?

Not fair.
    American players have been getting free simpoints for years :( The smiley doesn't mean I'm unhappy they got those, good for them, but it's always felt a bit off to me. Someone explained it had something to do with laws or stuff, but if that's the case, why can we get free simpoints in Europe now then (by watching videos)?

Barnacle Bay isn't free now and I missed it. Not a real fan of BB though, it looks a bit dull to me.

Me too but I could download it, just download, and I did of course.
    And it's a century ago I got a video to watch.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    Guess it's not free for everyone. Only option i have is to buy it, and for some reason it doesn't say "Barnacle Bay", it says "Complete Barnacle Bay Adventure".

When Barnacle Bay was first released it was called Barnacle Bay. I got it then.

Apparently there were issues with it but I don't know what they were.

It was the first world they made after Sunset Valley and Riverview.

Then somewhat later they rereleased Barnacle Bay and added a set and two staircases that were not with the original Barnacle Bay. I already owned that set but couldn't get the stair cases without buying Complete Barnacle Bay. I thought about it but decided it was a lot to pay to just get two staircases.

I had already paid for the original Barnacle Bay and the set that comes with the new Complete Barnacle Bay.

I couldn't get the new Complete Barnacle Bay for free.

Then a couple of years after it was released I noticed I could download it. So I did and got the two staircases.

The option to download the original Barnacle Bay is no longer available.

This. I was about to explain the same thing. I just downloaded the "complete barnacle bay" which it's high time they gave it to those of us who paid for it when it first came out. It was really awful of them to make a retail code version that added items for the same price we paid when it was released. At the time, a simming friend of mine just harassed customer service until they gave her the stairs. :D

They're always doing plum things like this it seems, which just angers their customers. Another one was that treasure hunt thing where you had to purchase things to get a free exclusive set - which you couldn't do if you already owned everything because it wouldn't accept gifting something as a purchase! Gah!

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    It doesn't show up as free any more. I only see the "Get The Bundle" and "Redeem Code" buttons, and I'm in Virginia! I got the "Buccaneer's Bounty" Set when it was separate from Barnacle Bay. Would've been cool to have the other half but I'm not wanting to spend §20.00 on a set that old. Oh well...
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • AssirkAssirk Posts: 564 Member
    Oh my! EA gave me a free Barnacle Bay today! THERE IS STILL HOPE FOR US PEOPLES! :scream: I checked yesterday and I still had to purchase Barnacle Bay when I went to its page in the Sims Store. However, I checked today and saw a shiny blue download! Hopefully others are able to get it as well! *cross my fingers* :smile:
    The New DD Tracking Thread!!
    Cascade Thread
    Feel free to add me as a friend here: My Page! ^_^
  • DRAGONFATHER0DRAGONFATHER0 Posts: 8 New Member
    hoping to get my hands on it as well at some point, mainly because i've missed every time to get it
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2016, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top