Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Your Computer Support The Sims 4 after June 2019?

SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
Edit: The original article: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p/7629106/thread-id/11424?fbclid=IwAR1udgHakUY84ObQoSfx3EbUgrnlPbZBux_LFgP5uCjnWmQOwdH0PNRw6N8

https://simscommunity.info/2019/03/13/will-your-computer-support-the-sims-4-after-june-2019-heres-how-to-check/
I didn't find the official statement so...

"There’s been some concern following the recent announcement that The Sims 4 will no longer be supporting Non-Metal Macs or 32-bit PCs as of June 2019."
How do I find out if my Mac supports Metal?
To find out if your Mac supports Metal, please check here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205073

How do I know if I have a 32-bit system or a 64-bit system?
If you are on Windows 8 or 10, you can press the Windows key + I, go to System, then go to About. Under device specifications you can see your system type
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
Post edited by Simpkin on

Will Your Computer Support The Sims 4 after June 2019? 322 votes

Yes
96%
Akl500Pauroraael14bshag4lvtams2578GoldmoldaricmnfrshPoekie03LeGardePourpreverlainemKita5399IdontrcallGalacticGalIcewolfJaseLaBlue0314Jaline33SamadamsPlayertinahjalmarjeepjeepcatalan650111 310 votes
No
3%
SkewedReality04Bagoas77papertongueMarina1997marinaWulfsimmerPianoCollectorpuderosasimscjoy57PninaSimmer[Deleted User]IreneLudwigLillyMJ93 12 votes

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Yes
    Honestly I had no idea that it supported 32 bit PCs back in 2014. I just assumed it was 64 bit only from the beginning.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    Honestly I had no idea that it supported 32 bit PCs back in 2014. I just assumed it was 64 bit only from the beginning.

The game wasn't even a 64bit application when it released in 2014. They made a 64bit version months later.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • mayraymayray Posts: 1,426 Member
    Yes
    Thank you for the heads up, I hope this means we'll have something very interesting coming our way to justify dropping 32 bit. Any thoughts or speculations flying around on what that might be?
  • dfstonedfstone Posts: 215 Member
    Yes
    Seriously who doesn't have a 64 bit PC at this point. I mean come on.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    Oh My MacBook Pro is a 64 bit... but it was made in 2012... I think I'm fine. but I'll get metal Just in case...
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes
    Hopefully. I will check when I get home
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yes
    I'm good to go.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    Oh yes, all six of them will be supported, Basically EA/Maxis is foraging ahead by stopping supporting 32 bit and going 64 bit and catching up with the rest of the developers. 32 bit and 64 bit does not gel together too well sometimes. Even Windows pulling away from 32 bit if not completely yet.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Yes
    Is this a f****** joke?
    MacBook models introduced in 2015 or later

I spent hundreds of dollars for this game and I won't be able to play it anymore because I bought my laptop half a year to early? Are they f****** kidding me?

That would be awful :( I hope it isn't the case.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
    Yes
    Is this a f****** joke?

I spent hundreds of dollars for this game and I won't be able to play it anymore because I bought my laptop half a year to early? Are they f****** kidding me?

You'll still be able to play, but won't be able to download new packs released after Strangerville.
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    Deleted for double post sorry

• puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    No
    You'll still be able to play, but won't be able to download new packs released after Strangerville.
    I know. But honestly? This is a HUGE downer for me.

Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Yes

It might be a huge downer, but you said "spent hundreds of dollars and I won't be able to play anymore" which Simalexdria was just pointing out that you could still play everything you've spent hundreds of dollars on, you just won't be able to spend hundreds more.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited March 2019

It’s the ugly reality of how the constantly evolving nature of PC gaming affects long-term service-based products like TS4.
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    ChelleJo wrote: »

It might be a huge downer, but you said "spent hundreds of dollars and I won't be able to play anymore" which Simalexdria was just pointing out that you could still play everything you've spent hundreds of dollars on, you just won't be able to spend hundreds more.

Her thing is going forward she may not be able to play the new packs even with the Legacy Version which is playable up to SV and to play that she may have to DL the Legacy version as the normal version may be inoperational in June if 32 bit. So basically if she is not able to upgrade her system to 64 bit she has to buy an new system just to play beyond SV and there are others that are going to be at lost.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    Yes
    Is this a f****** joke?

What model is your laptop?
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    Oops Deleted
    Yes
    ChelleJo wrote: »

Thanks 😊 @ChelleJo

. Yeah I agree it stinks. I dunno if I will be able to either actually, I will check when I get home. I just wasn't sure the way you worded it, I thought you thought you couldn't play at all and the money you just spent got you nothing.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    Yes
    So_Money wrote: »

It’s the ugly reality of how the constantly evolving nature of PC gaming affects long-term service-based products like TS4.
    It's also the kind of thing you have to expect when you have a bottlenecked PC. A gaming PC from ten years ago would not compare to modern gaming PCs if you don't upgrade them.
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    MMX wrote: »
    So_Money wrote: »

It's also the kind of thing you have to expect when you have a bottlenecked PC. A gaming PC from ten years ago would not compare to modern gaming PCs if you don't upgrade them.

I never seen an developer make an drastic chage mid stream like this eithier, they wait until the end of its production cycle and make the necessary changes going forward in the new version.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I never seen an developer make an drastic chage mid stream like this eithier they wait until the end of its production cycle and make the necessary changes going forward in the new version.

It just shows that Sims 4 is definitely not going anywhere for a while and further adds fuel to my personal theory/suspicions on where the series as a whole will be heading in the future.
    ~ ~ ~
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I hope mine does. I just got it 6 months ago as a last minute purchase after my Dell laptop's battery died.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes
    Ohh this isn't good. I got my laptop a year or two before TS4 dropped. I hope it isn't 32 bit.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    No
    Okay, so I read the article for the fourth time and apparently I'm an idiot. I have a MacBook Pro, but managed to overlook or confuse it with a normal MacBook three frigging times. So I'm not affected. But this whole situation is still really messed up. You bought a base game for around 50/60 bucks, with all features, regular updates and access to the gallery. Maybe even purchased a few expansion packs. Then, suddenly, your computer isn't supported anymore? In the middle of the game, with new content still being produced for it? That's simply not right. Like I know stuff gets outdated quickly, and I would have understood it if TS4 was finished. But it's not, so this is just really, really unfair in my opinion. These news still anger me.

Sorry to @SimAlexandria and especially @ChelleJo for reacting so rude. I was outraged and also kind of devastated when I read this for the first three times (🤦‍♀️), and I let it out on you. My apologies. I'm not really in a good state at the moment.

Please excuse the rant everyone.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif