Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 going forward for the next year.

Comments

• tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    edited March 2019
    Other: Explain in the comments.
    The last thing this needs is more content... a fix for everything not working, or overworking would be a wise move. An overhaul of the worlds to make them bigger and more interesting. Fix those rampant emotions and, for pity sake, stop the sims just trying to learn everything in the game! A place to buy leveling cakes, like a cake shop! A place to get stuff upgraded, like a mechanical shop! A way to turn your club into a career, like the BB household (without all the eww.) A way to run your own server farm, a typewriter... (clack, clack, clack ting!) for the technophobes. A pizza should never go from being edible to rank. What happened to stale?
    If you were to make an extension, make a school extension with some <proper learning>.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOPo5OUVgtM

Of course, I'll be surprised if EA don't just ...roll out another one, two or three with little to anything fixed. $$)

Go on, surprise me!
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Please, Sims Gods - let it end. (don't get triggered, it's My Wish) :cookie:

Agreed, I need The Sims 5 + CAW 2.0 to play your awesome worlds again. :disappointed:
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I chose other because I'm not buying but a great step forward to restore my faith in them for future games would be if every team worked on bug and glitch fixing with a fix for personalities. Nothing new for now, just fix the product and provide the people more color swatches because I'm a little sad there was excitement over a white shelf.

Why wasn't there already a white option? Why didn't they map these issues out with matching and options if they weren't going to have a color wheel? Not the most important thing right now but they had to know people like options and not everyone wants mismatched furniture.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Going forward in Sims 4 does not mean more features Imo it just mean more items. I do not see anything that involves open world or even an neighborhood creator or lot edit tool as EA/Maxis has retained it's hold on that option even if it was offered in the previous edition and now they have introduced story driven packs that may one way for them to prolong this edition and it may be good or it can be bad depending on how they execute it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    I want even more DLCs. More GPs and EPs, that is. I still think they release them far too slowly and it's especially disappointing since at this point Sims 2 & 3 were already done and done, 3 being far more ambitious and meaty than 4.

Bugs I can handle a few if it means more content is being done, what I can't handle are bugs and no content, especially ones that have been requested since forever like Magic & University.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'd gladly take only 2 new DLC's and have them fix current Gugs and Gliches.
    I chose other because I'm not buying but a great step forward to restore my faith in them for future games would be if every team worked on bug and glitch fixing with a fix for personalities. Nothing new for now, just fix the product and provide the people more color swatches because I'm a little sad there was excitement over a white shelf.

Why wasn't there already a white option? Why didn't they map these issues out with matching and options if they weren't going to have a color wheel? Not the most important thing right now but they had to know people like options and not everyone wants mismatched furniture.

Let's not forget that one time..............

When they released a BG with a bunch of white doors with no swatches. Then patched swatches for only two doors and the rest remained white forever for 4 years. What a sham. I'm still waiting for the other doors to get matching colors. And the wallpapers that don't even have the full rainbow colors and all are white trimmed.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    I don't want them to only fix bugs and glitches. I need them to enhance many things in the game as well, and make it deeper and more detailed. Then I'd gladly give up new stuff. New stuff isn't as important as fixes and improvements on what we have. Actually, worse than that: adding expansions on to an empty game actually makes the expansions seem worse. Let's get a LOT tweaked for the basegame, please.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I'd gladly take no new DLC's if they concentrated only on resolving Bugs and Gliches.
    This iteration has been all over the place. I'm not sure where it has been... much less where it is going toward.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'd rather they focus on bugs and glitches first. Then do some overhauling of things like the emotion system and personalities of the sims. Only after that do i want to see more DLC.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member
    They need to deliver what is listed on the store page... distinctive personalities. This is not currently a feature in the game. If they are going to advertise it, they need to deliver it. This, in my opinion, is the most important part of the game. They can keep piling on DLC after DLC, it won't change a darn thing. Sims you create will remain empty clones of each other.This game is very buggy and lacking on basic content. Only once these things have been dealt with should they even attempt to be adding in more DLC. It's been more than four and a half years, there is no excuse.
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    I believe fixing bugs matter, when I direct my sims to pick up something, sometimes they'll walk away from the item then teleport in front of the item to pick it up, only to teleport back to where they had walked.

However, I am still excited for new content; I especially would love to see a tropical beach game pack, where you can go in the ocean, get a tan, as well as maybe surfing or fire spinning. And gosh darn horses, pet birds, and small animals. I will probably buy more than 2 dlc packs this year as long as they have additional gameplay. I do like some stuff packs; I could not resist the hot tub and the ability to watch movies.

I think the Sims teams are working adequately on glitches, after all we get patches every couple of weeks. No glitch as been bad enough for me to turn off the game in frustration, so I guess there's that?
  • SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    I would like some updates to the gamepacks.
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
    I'd gladly take no new DLC's if they concentrated only on resolving Bugs and Gliches.

LOL~!!!

<ahem> I concur.
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    I need a sandwich toaster, so my sim can enjoy yummy grilled cheese... without having to learn ALL the cooking skill! :)
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Continue as they are.
    Hello Simmers! I feel they should continue as I feel they're doing a great job! keep up the great work and ideas dev's! :)o:)

I enjoy The Sims 4 :'(
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited March 2019

And? I enjoy TS2 and TS3 (which I feel they never finished); you can still play your beloved TS4 while I enjoy TS5. I've been waiting for this to end while I play the older games. I waited like a good Simmer. #MyTurn #TS5

And? I enjoy TS2 and TS3 (which I feel they never finished); you can still play your beloved TS4 while I enjoy TS5. I've been waiting for this to end while I play the older games. I waited like a good Simmer. #MyTurn #TS5

So...If TS4 ends, we can still play it? :smiley: I cannot play my favorite discontinued MMOS, are single-player games different?
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Continue as they are.
    SunStone02 wrote: »

So do I. But I'm still curious about what new features we'll get to experience in Sims 5.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Continue as they are.
    Interesting poll results.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited March 2019

So...If TS4 ends, we can still play it? :smiley: I cannot play my favorite discontinued MMOS, are single-player games different?

Read the bold print.

edited March 2019

Read the bold print.

Well I guess I was just trying to confirm it... :/ I don't want to lose my character if they decide to end TS4. (I've lost several MMO characters when games ended. :'( )
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

Read the bold print.

Well I guess I was just trying to confirm it... :/ I don't want to lose my character if they decide to end TS4. (I've lost several MMO characters when games ended. :'( )

That's one of the reasons why I stopped playing online games. You lose what you've built up if the company decides to end the game. It's even more painful if you put money into it, which is most likely since this is the way you can advance without taking so long.

Offline games are so much better and have great longevity if they're popular. TS2 is around 15 years old and TS3 is around 10 years old, and people are still able to play them now. So when TS4 ends, don't worry. You'll still be able to play it for many years to come.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Continue as they are.

Single player games are very much different. With an MMO, once they shut down the server that's it, but unless they get rid of Origin without some sort of replacement, Sims 4 will be playable for years down the road. The only drawback is that there'll be no new content, and eventually they'll stop trying to fix bugs so you'll be forced to rely on mods to fix them. The good part would be that with no patches to worry about you can go crazy with CC to add content and not worry about it getting broken.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

Yes, you can play ts4 ad infinitum (or forever... whichever comes first) if you want. I don't mean to question your sincerity, but I'm kind of aghast that anybody would not know that.