Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LeaderBoard Numbers?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
Something wonky going on with leader board totals, people who have no comments or discussions at all have points. How is that possible? Just curious.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    It's because of the anniversary badges that they've earned from when they signed up on the old TS3 site.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2019
    But they haven't been here (one of them) since 2010 or ever made a comment. How have they out flanked King of Simcity this week? One has only made one comment in 9 years. And didn't receive any likes or awesomes or whatever, doesn't seem quite fair to those who care about this stuff. I was just pointing out, someone like that (who cares about their numers) would need 40 more points to be leader this week. Which isn't easy to do (if they care about their position). ETA: Not saying King cares, I don't know, but doesn't seem fair when I know some people work hard to get those points. I don't know why but they do.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Anniversary badges gives out 5 points each and the 1st comment ever made gives out 2 points. But those "New" members will soon fall off of the leaderboard providing that they haven't posted anything much since coming to this "New" site. And it also depends if the "New" member had used a profile picture on the old site or if they've posted a picture in a thread, then they would get a badge for that as well which gives out 10 points. And if they've did the name dropper on the old site then they would get 5 points.

I see this every week when the points reset on Sunday evenings. But Like I said, they don't stay on the leaderboard all week unless if they they start posting in threads to get their post count up so that they can become a full member.

Badge point for "Like"
    5 Likes = 5 points
    25 Likes = 5 points
    100 Likes = 10 points
    250 Likes = 25 points
    500 Likes = 50 points

Badge points for "Awesome"
    5 = 5 points
    25 = 5 points
    100 = 10 points
    250 = 25 points
    500 = 50 points

Badge points for "Insightful"
    5 = 5 points
    25 = 25 points
    100 = 100 points
    250 = 250 points
    500 = 500 points

Badge points for Comments
    1st Comment = 2 points
    10 Comments = 5 points
    100 Comments = 10 points
    500 Comments = 15 points
    1000 Comments = 20 points
    2500 Comments = 20 points
    5000 Comments = 20 points
    10000 Comments = 20 points
    25000 Comments = 20 points
    50000 Comments = 20 points

Badge points for Anniversary
    1st Year = 5 points
    2nd Year = 5 points
    3rd Year = 5 points
    4th Year = 5 points
    5th Year = 5 points
    6th Year = 5 points
    7th Year = 5 points
    8th Year = 5 points
    9th Year = 5 points
    10th Year = 5 points
    Ancient Membership = 5 points

The Miscellaneous Badges
    Combo Breaker = 5 points
    Name Dropper = 5 points
    Photogenic = 10 points
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    There's a leaderboard?
    apple-signature.png
    O.K. Thanks, I just thought it was odd since saw a few hadn't logged in for ten years. Just found it odd. lol
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    There's a leaderboard?
    I'm not cool enough to ever be on it for more than a few minutes (if that) at the beginning of a week's cycle. Your own mileage may vary. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited February 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    There's a leaderboard?
    I'm not cool enough to ever be on it for more than a few minutes (if that) at the beginning of a week's cycle. Your own mileage may vary. ;)

lol, I didn't get my points by being cool, but being a loud, negative voice. (I got them pointing out the obvious.)
    Post edited by Cinebar on
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    There's a leaderboard?

Some people seem to be obsessed with it, goodness knows why. It doesn't do or give you anything special. It's just there. Doing nothing. Sitting.

:D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Pary wrote: »
    There's a leaderboard?

Some people seem to be obsessed with it, goodness knows why. It doesn't do or give you anything special. It's just there. Doing nothing. Sitting.

:D

Some people like achievements. I don't understand why it's here on this type of game, but I know some are trying to reach the MVP status under their names instead of just it saying member.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Although I am not interested in being at the top of the leader board, it is seriously borked this week! My overall point numbers are going up and down like a yo-yo and, although I have made enough points to be on the weekly leader board, I am a no show. Personally, I don't see why there is a leader board on a forum but, since it's there, it should at least work.
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Although I am not interested in being at the top of the leader board, it is seriously borked this week! My overall point numbers are going up and down like a yo-yo and, although I have made enough points to be on the weekly leader board, I am a no show. Personally, I don't see why there is a leader board on a forum but, since it's there, it should at least work.

Exactly. It's sort of like Acheivements for players in TS3. You get notifications when you have written your xxxx amount of posts or discussions, etc. The top achievement is MVP but I have no idea how anyone earns that. I think you have to write so many discussions etc. or maybe so many points. If we are going to use Vanilla forums then they should at least work correctly. That was the point of my original post. As long as it's there, make it work correctly.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited March 2019
    Awesome seems to be used more like sarcasm or lol these days. Could it be replaced with something else?

Maybe Helpful? Not the same as Insightful but a way of saying thanks.
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Awesome seems to be used more like sarcasm or lol these days. Could it be replaced with something else?

This may be the case in some parts of the forum where awesomes are left for discussions which can sometimes be heated, but I don't think this is the case for picture posts that people really do mean are awesome. I rarely participate in discussions and only posted here because I am having an actual problem with my numbers which has been reported and hopefully will be resolved.

edited March 2019
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »

This may be the case in some parts of the forum where awesomes are left for discussions which can sometimes be heated, but I don't think this is the case for picture posts that people really do mean are awesome. I rarely participate in discussions and only posted here because I am having an actual problem with my numbers which has been reported and hopefully will be resolved.

I agree with @Mikezumi... :)

I use Awesome when I find something helpful as well as when I see a post that I do find as Awesome and Insightful when I've learned something about the game that I didn't know was there to begin with. So I would rather keep Awesome instead of getting rid of it... :)