Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Windows 10

1234568...Next

Comments

• octobersimmeroctobersimmer Posts: 40 Member
    @Rflong7 thanks! But I don’t see the solution
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I have also seen the pink flashing. I also had a CTD. I don't remember if Microsoft put out another update.
  • octobersimmeroctobersimmer Posts: 40 Member
    There’s apparently a fix by theJessaChannel on YouTube but it can’t seem to get it to work
  • EmilytheSimmer18EmilytheSimmer18 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Scribal_Goddess said:
    > EmilytheSimmer18 wrote: »
    >
    > My game still got object errors when I create a sim.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Does CAS crash when it does this?

Yep, it does.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    > @Scribal_Goddess said:
    > EmilytheSimmer18 wrote: »
    >
    > My game still got object errors when I create a sim.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Does CAS crash when it does this?

Yep, it does.

Then it's probably a loading time error - your quickest bet is to remove securom. If you're running a game that has been updated since march, securom may not have been properly removed from your computer. (Removal tool is here) If you're playing UC and have updated since march, your game is tied to origin and this should totally remove securom. If you're playing discs, or if you don't want origin, you will need to run your game cracked/no CD. (The discs will put origin right back in.)

If removing Securom still doesn't work, my next bet is that you should compress all your CC and remember to shut down background processes when you play the game: this means no virus scanning, not letting things update while playing, etc. This game hates sharing processing power. ;)

If these two fail, remove your custom content and slowly add it back in until you find something that crashes CAS or Bodyshop, and then delete that thing. Bad meshes can occasionally mess up CAS by making the game look for information that doesn't exist until its poor head explodes - for example, a hair that is improperly binned or age-converted.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • TayraTayra Posts: 76 Member
    Just about all versions of The Sims 2 except for the ones with the black bars on them will work for Windows 10. I found this out when trying to play The SimCity Box. It had a black stripping at the top of the box and I was not able to play the game into my system. So if you are looking into getting The Sims 2, make sure you get any that do not have a black stripping at the top of the box. This goes for all expansion and stuff packs as well.
    unknown.png?width=841&height=473
    Happy simming, and a Happy Snowflake Day.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    edited August 2018
    Guys is TS2 working on the newest Windows 10 update? It used to work just fine on this same computer a few months ago.
    Now it's crashing anywhere from loading to neighborhood view. Didn't get much further than that before it crashes :disappointed:
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • TayraTayra Posts: 76 Member
    What are your settings?
    unknown.png?width=841&height=473
    Happy simming, and a Happy Snowflake Day.
  • ReittisReittis Posts: 21 Member
    I installed The Sims 2 Ultimate collection on a Windows 10 64-bit system. The game refuses to start, and the mouse and keyboard stop responding to the invitations. I've tried compatibility window in Windows XP and Windows 7 settings, but does not help. Does this work in the latest version of Windows 10?
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    Reittis wrote: »
    I installed The Sims 2 Ultimate collection on a Windows 10 64-bit system. The game refuses to start, and the mouse and keyboard stop responding to the invitations. I've tried compatibility window in Windows XP and Windows 7 settings, but does not help. Does this work in the latest version of Windows 10?

Yes.

There are steps you need to take before installing the game on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10, like moving CC, etc. I have a page on Facebook with full instructions, just Google "Sims 2 Windows 10" and you should find a link. Don't skip any steps. Please let me know if that helps!
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • littlesihalittlesiha Posts: 8 New Member
    TS2 crashes on start up for me. It's never worked properly the last few years, and every time I upgraded my PC, it crashes faster and faster. I've kind of just accepted that it won't work anymore. :(
    littlesiha wrote: »
    TS2 crashes on start up for me. It's never worked properly the last few years, and every time I upgraded my PC, it crashes faster and faster. I've kind of just accepted that it won't work anymore. :(

You probably missed a step when you installed it. You might want to check out my page on the subject on Facebook, because a lot of us are playing it without any problems.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member

I'm running on windows 10 and on a much better computer and i have never crashed, maybe its something to do with your installion, if not i would search a bunch on youtube for solutions
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge

I'm running on windows 10 and on a much better computer and i have never crashed, maybe its something to do with your installion, if not i would search a bunch on youtube for solutions

Is there a special reason someone should go to another site as opposed to the one put up by the person who developed the original fix? Seems kind of a long way to get to the solution, IMHO.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited March 2019

Is there a special reason someone should go to another site as opposed to the one put up by the person who developed the original fix? Seems kind of a long way to get to the solution, IMHO.

The version via Origin works perfectly for me as 800x600 but they seem to have upgraded or patched it so that I can't find where to change the resolution sizes as I cannot find where the settings for them are any more. Anybody know exactly where they are? (I did try the Graphics Rules Maker). On Windows 10..
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    @Simburian wrote: »

The version via Origin works perfectly for me as 800x600 but they seem to have upgraded or patched it so that I can't find where to change the resolution sizes as I cannot find where the settings for them are any more. Anybody know exactly where they are? (I did try the Graphics Rules Maker). On Windows 10..

They're in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config
    edited March 2019
    Rflong7 wrote: »

They're in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config

Thank you @Rflong7 I didn't try that one as it wasn't the last pack. Now I might try again as I love Sims 2. Is there a best resolution for a 17" screen without making menus too small to read? My current recommended laptop resolution is 1920x1080.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Thank you @Rflong7 I didn't try that one as it wasn't the last pack. Now I might try again as I love Sims 2. Is there a best resolution for a 17" screen without making menus too small to read? My current recommended laptop resolution is 1920x1080.

I don't know. I'd know what I have mine set to any more. :blush:
    I'd set it to what I use and then adjust from there.

Check it out - https://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-increase-resolution-guide/
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

If you set the resolution to be 1920x1080, you will have all resolutions to choose from between 800x600 and 1920x1080. So you can just try out different ones to see which one will work best for you.
    JULES1111 wrote: »

If you set the resolution to be 1920x1080, you will have all resolutions to choose from between 800x600 and 1920x1080. So you can just try out different ones to see which one will work best for you.

Thank you @JULES1111 I'm going to try them out. I get a bit annoyed at the game only using the middle of the screen but want the lettering to be readable.
  • ReittisReittis Posts: 21 Member
    > @sleekoduck87 said:
    > Reittis wrote: »
    >
    > I installed The Sims 2 Ultimate collection on a Windows 10 64-bit system. The game refuses to start, and the mouse and keyboard stop responding to the invitations. I've tried compatibility window in Windows XP and Windows 7 settings, but does not help. Does this work in the latest version of Windows 10?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes.
    >
    > There are steps you need to take before installing the game on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10, like moving CC, etc. I have a page on Facebook with full instructions, just Google "Sims 2 Windows 10" and you should find a link. Don't skip any steps. Please let me know if that helps!

I couldn't find a link from Google or your Facebook