Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about Strangerville so far?

Just want to see where everyone is so far

Would you recommend it to somebody who do not have it yet?
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

How do you feel about Strangerville so far? 157 votes

Satisfied
53%
Frn0731bshag4lvKita5399pattyheartEuphorialQueenHejixalexspoom13IceyJVibseKelleygirlWritin_RegIsb917shellbemehappysimmer2007elanorbretonDESERTFLOWER1981simgirl1010MagdaleenaANNETTE1951cchant86 84 votes
Dissatisfied
16%
julienrob2004Colorist40PlayerSinger2010AlrynnBeardedgeekAlysha1988alejandro15039bootsguydetermigAdria22ArisskaaDevilNDisguiseSigzy05EvaliynKayeStarMidnightAurashnailehDestin2016soko37michelei 26 votes
In between
22%
GoldmoldaricmnfrshLaBlue0314Bronwin2MLadyAzzeraAnmirlamock68stilljustme2Simsister2004taydevAmber0922BlueSeaWavesAlbaWaterhousereesabertottiOldeseadoggeeriennextonSteve Stormmebagl15ZiafarAbraKadabra 35 votes
Other
7%
keekee53candy8Bagoas77puddleduck1KayNoeltexxx78jennihope83bienchenBamajamsimmerLellaNorthDakotaGamerDaisy02 12 votes

Comments

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Satisfied
    I'm enjoying it. I like the conspiracy aspects it brings to the game and the story can easily be folded into many different types of stories. In the future I may make a vampire cult which worships the Mother, but right now I have a different story line going where I'm leaving the town at its maximum weirdness. I also like the town even though desert worlds aren't my favorite.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Satisfied
    It's so fun to have a neighborhood with an evolving story for once and meaningful premades!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Satisfied
    I like it and I like the premades in it.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Satisfied
    I thought the story was a little too short and linear for my taste, but I like the world, CAS, & Build/Buy enough to make up for it.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Satisfied
    I have yet to start the "adventure" but instead taking full advantage of the military career, sparring bot and the laptop. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Satisfied
    Enjoying it immensely still. I haven't actually finished the story aspect because I'm playing in rotation and enjoying the weirdness that happens later in the story. I'm positive I will play out this aspiration to some extent on many sims.
    I would definitely recommend it to players that like the themes presented. Also the world and CAS is wonderful to me.. my new favorite. I also very much wanted that military career.. and I love that we can also go a covert operator MIB route at mid level.
    egTcBMc.png
  • AndyDanielAndyDaniel Posts: 67 Member
    Satisfied
    +1 to everything already stated. The designers really hit it out of the park with this pack. I decided to keep my household in the zone after "finishing" the goals -- went back and set it for medium funkiness so I could enjoy the quirky ambiance.

Side question: Been thinking about getting Seasons, but wondering if it messes up the StrangerVille atmosphere?
    8IomapKl.png
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Satisfied
    AndyDaniel wrote: »
    +1 to everything already stated. The designers really hit it out of the park with this pack. I decided to keep my household in the zone after "finishing" the goals -- went back and set it for medium funkiness so I could enjoy the quirky ambiance.

Side question: Been thinking about getting Seasons, but wondering if it messes up the StrangerVille atmosphere?

No, the little time I played in Strangerville before starting the story, there wasn't really any weather at all except heat (I started in the summer). When the story started the regular weather icon was replaced by a three tiered cloud icon called Strange Weather.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Satisfied
    I would ask in-depth about the other simmer's playstyle before advising for or against buying the pack. It appears to be one of those packs that you either love or hate.

If you're already playing dollhouse or sandbox style, looking for tools and props to enhance your own stories, then you'll probably be happy with the pack. If you are more goal and achievement oriented you will find it too short/shallow. I know many critics put it the other way around, claiming the pack is the opposite of sandbox, but that view just does not match my experience with it.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    In between
    I liked it, only wished it had a few extra empty lots.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Moved this over to the Game Packs section :smile:
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Satisfied
    I like it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Satisfied
    It's a 4/5 for me. I really liked solving the mystery but parts of it were too grindy for my taste. I have several ideas for how to use it in my other saves.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• AndyDanielAndyDaniel Posts: 67 Member
    Satisfied
    No, the little time I played in Strangerville before starting the story, there wasn't really any weather at all except heat (I started in the summer). When the story started the regular weather icon was replaced by a three tiered cloud icon called Strange Weather.

@RememberJoy, thank you! That's what I was hoping.
    8IomapKl.png
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited March 2019
    Other
    I reading and watching about it, I feel that it is not a pack that I will ever purchase. I want complete sandbox, not checklists or a forced story-mode. Heck, I do not even purposely finish aspirations as I see those as just checklists. If I happen to finish one, it is because I randomly did it without knowing.

When I learned you are required to "finish" the aspiration (story-mode) to even get the town to normal, that was a nail in the coffin. I play 1 family per save, so there is no way I would want to do that checklist every single save. The world would be unusable.

I feel this pack should be a spin off title game. At least then it might get a more fleshed out story-mode for people who are into those type of games. I am now wait on what their next "experiment." It seems they are moving the game away from the genre I love. I have not been impressed by content for years now (since 2016). My expectations every time new content is released is that it will be less than stellar.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • DESERTFLOWER1981DESERTFLOWER1981 Posts: 90 Member
    Satisfied
    I have been having fun with it. It is a break from the normal, but not something I would want every game pack to be. Brings back The Sims 2 World Adventures Nostalgia for me. I like it for the possible storytelling I can come up with.
    I am writing a story, want to read it?
    Visit my blog here
    Visit the latest update for the discussion here
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Satisfied
    I’m happy with it.. The story part was just ok (not my play style), but I really love the world and new buy/build.
  • amyedwards1986amyedwards1986 Posts: 244 Member
    In between
    I'm just starting to play it and for now I'd say it's cool. Love the military interactions tho ♥
    11ay6ix.jpg

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us -Helen Keller-
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    In between
    A tiny neighborhood but at least one more, it is ok. I played the challenge just to get rid of the obnoxious plants/mother plant and wished we had the same opportunity with aliens and vampires. And yes, military career is devine. I love it.
    And then again, I was deeply disappointed that if I didn't buy the Game Pack, my scientists would have been wearing silly clothes. That is a BIG mistake to me, that players can't decide if they want the pack or not. Thanks for listening.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Other
    I'm glad "they" seem to be finally attempting somewhat to make more interesting content, although it still looks really truncated and empty'ish. But it's kind of too little, too late for me to get interested in this iteration of the franchise. I might try it if it ever hits 75% off... but then I'd be just as happy to wait until another Sims iteration comes along that I'd actually be excited to purchase and play. If that ever happens again.

I would never recommend ts4 to anybody. Not while ts3 is still available.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Satisfied
    I liked StrangerVille. It's different. I completed the aspiration with two different Sims so far. Each one did things differently.

I just started a Grand Master Vampire in the Military career. I like to watch him march around. He'll go into the Covert Operator Branch. Eventually, I'll have another Sim go into the Officer Branch. Maybe.

The animations of infected Sims are hilarious. Chances are that StrangerVille is always going to be infected in my game.

I've remodeled Slip 42, the 8 Bells Bar and the Library so far. I may add a gym or activity center on the vacant lot near the library.

I deleted Alice Martin, one of the StrangerVille pre-made Sims, because I kept seeing her playing violin all day in San Myshuno community areas. Unfortunately for her, I already have Sims that I use for this purpose and she wouldn't leave, so she's gone for now. Otherwise, I like the pre-made Sims that came with StrangerVille.

I like that Townies are generated with some pretty decent names so I can tell them apart from the San Myshuno bunch.

I really like the Cliff Side Crest lot. It's so pretty at night. It has a lot more foot traffic than I expected, but I like it.

After The Mother plant is defeated, the town is so sunny and bright and quiet. I like it better with the ominous cloud and sounds.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Satisfied
    Would definitely like to see another pack like this once all of the MOS requested packs have been released.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    Other
    I didn't buy it.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Satisfied
    I'm on my second play through and I'm still enjoying it.
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Satisfied
    Interesting, my SIM has created a dossier for the mystery,