Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which world would you (not) want to live in?

Comments

• Options
    zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    the countryside of windenburg & the beach side of brindleton bay are the top 2 places I'd like to live. they both have this cozy feel to them that I adore.

del sol valley is a no-go for me. I wouldn't be caught dead living in there.
    I don't have strangerville, so I'm not sure what it's like, but I don't think I'd live there either regardless of the infection.
    I'm not a city person so san myshuno wouldn't work for me either.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • Options
    ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    Brindleton Bay- cavalier cove
    Windenburg- old town
    Willow Creek- pendula view

I would never live in Forgotten Hollow (too small, nothing to do, and wayyy to dark/gloomy) and Oasis Springs (too hot and I think deserts are ugly).
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I'd live in San Myushuno because I'm mostly a city person and all about convenience, being able to walk places, and public transportation etc. Windenburg comes second, with it's countryside as my favorite area. The view of green rolling hills and an overall feeling of peace is really lovely. Brindleton Bay is gorgeous as well, and I'd enjoy living there. I prefer regions with all four seasons.

Worlds I most definitely would not live, or even visit, are Oasis Springs and Strangerville. Not at all fond of deserts and extreme heat, and don't care for neither mid century vibe or the wild west.
  • Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    Would live - San Myshuno (culture) and Willow Creek (general ambiance)
    Would not like to live - Oasis Springs (too hot)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't think I would like to live in Oasis Springs with all that dry sand and hot weather.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I think Windenburg would be my ideal home. Nearby the ocean but also has a countryside.

I wouldn’t want to live in Oasis Springs. I like the world but I’m not a fan of the heat.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I'd love to live is Brindelton Bay or Windenburg.

Wouldn't care to live is Strangerville or Del Sol Valley
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Not a beach person but I find brindleton bay beautiful. I think I’d most like to live there if I had to choose. Plus lots of snow, which I don’t get enough of where I live now. I always choose windenburg as my favorite but honestly as beautiful as it is I don’t see myself living there.

Never ever would live in oasis springs. I am not a fan of hot weather.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Windenburg because its the closest one to rural like where I live

I would not want to live in Sanwhatever because I hate cities.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I don't think I would like Brindleton Bay. I'm not a fan of rain.
    Windenburg would be my place of choice.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I'm a country girl born and bred, so I would not ever want to live in any of the cities; San Myshuno, Del Sol Valley or any of the city areas in the other worlds with the possible exception of Brindleton Bay suburban areas near the water.

I've never lived in the desert, but I don't think I'd like to since they're so hot. It would be a dry heat, which is a plus, but I still don't know if I could deal with it, so Oasis Springs would be out for me. Plus, I like the experience of all four seasons.

I absolutely love the beauty of the Selvadorada jungles, but I could never live there. I wouldn't like the high humidity at all or those giant spiders. *shivers*

The same as others have said, I wouldn't want to live in Forgotten Hollow either. While it is a beautiful area, it's just too dark for my tastes and the vampires living there would make me run screaming back to Michigan in a heartbeat. lol

As for where I could see myself living? I'd be very happy on the islands and countryside areas of Windenburg and Brindleton Bay. I always thought it would be cool to live in a lighthouse for one thing. I could also very happily live in Granite Falls or in the deep woods where the hermit lives, actually, anywhere near the waterfalls, lakes and rivers.

Despite it being in the desert, I would possibly, maybe consider Strangerville in the upper mountain district. I imagine it's not quite as hot there. But only as a last resort. I love the mountains and that world reminds me of the very beautiful Monument Valley here in the States. Of course, I wouldn't want to live there though if it came with all the strange stuff. o.O
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited March 2019
    San Myshuno. I lived in a major metropolis (Toronto) for a few years and could never quite acclimate myself to urban life.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Very interesting and varied replies so far! :) (Although I believe a few people misread the title or the first post. :D )

For where I'd like to live, I'm torn between Forgotten Hollow and the Shady Acres neighbourhood of StrangerVille, which (not coincidentally) happen to be the two places my simself has lived in so far. Those worlds may seem like polar opposites, but they do have things in common.

What I like about Forgotten Hollow is the gloomy, mysterious atmosphere and the secludedness. As someone who likes to be at home most of the time, I don't worry too much about not having places to go, and I don't need a shopping mall next door when everything can be ordered online. The seasons seem quite balanced, it rarely gets as hot as Oasis Springs and doesn't rain 24/7 like Willow Creek, the vampires wouldn't bother me because I feel drawn to scary things, and the only time one has ever broken into my home in the game was in Oasis Springs, so... I guess if vampires were real, you wouldn't be safe from them anywhere. The one thing I'm not so sure about is the long nights; whether I want that or not really depends on my mood, sometimes it looks like paradise and sometimes I'm like, naaah, I prefer longer days.

StrangerVille interests me because for some reason I've grown quite fond of deserts lately, especially those with red rocks, I love mysteries and strangeness, and as awful as it may sound, the military presence in the area is definitely a plus because I have a thing for soldiers and secret agents - oh, and for science, so it can't hurt to have a secret lab around the corner, I'd like to work there if it was possible. The one thing I would probably dislike is the heat, but StrangerVille at least doesn't seem to get as many full-blown heatwaves as Oasis Springs. The lack of snow on the other hand I could live with because I only really like snow around Christmas, and that time of the year would be spent with my parents in Windenburg anyway.

Now, where would I not want to live... Cities like San Myshuno and Del Sol Valley come to mind first. I already live in a place like that in real life, it's so big and noisy, too many people everywhere and too little nature. Selvadorada, as much as I love the world, would quickly scare me away with its huge and potentially dangerous vermin (that's not the kind of scariness I'm into!), Willow Creek and Brindleton Bay get too much rain, and I also don't like the sea theme of the latter (you can probably tell that water is not my element).
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited March 2019
    I would never ever want to live in StrangerVille (alltough I really love the landscape!) unless the mysterie is solved! :D
    Edit: ah and the amount of Military and Scientists is frightening, lol.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I would like to live:
    1. In the Spice Market, San Myshuno
    2. In the Old Town, Windenburg
    3. At the beach in Brindleton Bay

I would not be comfortable in the desert worlds or the jungle. And Del Sol Valley would be completely boring to me irl as it has nothing I'm interested in.
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    Windenburg ticks all the boxes for me: climate's good, different areas to visit, sea is nearby, the Old Town seems lively and interesting... I'm just not sure if I'd rather live in the Old Town or on the Island

I'd hate to live in Oasis Springs or Strangerville- I don't like the climate, too hot
  • Options
    LadyDecafLadyDecaf Posts: 89 Member
    I'd live in Forgotten Hollows for the darker, fantasy world it offers and the adventures that would await. For something a little more normal, the beach area in Brindleton Bay is nice as well as the island of Windenburg.

I'd never want to live in Oasis Springs or Strangerville because of the climate. I need snow, rain, cold ect to feel alive.
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I live in a hot, dry town in a hot and dry bustling city. I would NOT want to live in Oasis Springs, Del Sol Valley, Strangerville, or San Myshuno. I love playing those worlds in game though! Some are in my top 5 favorites lol. But the city life is too bustling and, quite frankly, too hip for me lol. The others are deserts I'm familiar with already.

I would love to live in any other place from the Sims!! Except for Selvadorada with all the bugs and heatwaves. And I do love sun some of the time so Forgotten Hollow is out too... I'm feeling a little pickier than I thought I was :tongue:

Put me in Windenburg (probably my first choice), Brindleton Bay, Newcrest, Granite Falls, or Willow Creek. Even Magnolia Promenade is cute but I don't really go there ever so I don't know if they even have facade houses truthfully.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I would not want to live in the vacation worlds.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I 100% would love to live in Brindleton Bay. Or maybe Willow Creek. Windenburg is also on my list of worlds i'd love to live in.

I definitely wouldn't live in Strangerville. Or Selvadorada, because bugs :lol: . And as nice as Magnolia Promenade is it's way too small for my liking. I also would not want Oasis Springs. Not a huge fan of hot weather.

I actually have most worlds i'm conflicted on. Newcrest is one of my favorite worlds and i always put my sims there, because i love the emptiness. Not just for building but lack of welcome wagons :joy: But the emptiness and loneliness is off-putting for a real life world. Forgotten Hollow is too dark but i love vampires and night time. :lol: Granite Falls is really pretty but idk about the bugs and stuff. San Myshuno is also nice but... way too many people and cities aren't that nice to me.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited March 2019
    I would love to live somewhere hot irl, I hate the cold.

Therefore, I would live in Strangerville cos it's much prettier than Oasis Springs.

Edit: forgot to say where I would not want to live... San Myshuno. I do not like cities, too many people, cars etc.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Oasis Springs, Strangerville, and Selvadorada.
  • Options
    KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    I would gladly live in Windenburg or Brindleton Bay. I wouldn't want to live in any of the desert worlds, I hate the heat.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'd want to live in Shady Acres in StrangerVille... when it's not weird. It's not congested, it's beautiful and it doesn't snow, or at least snow doesn't stick. Second choice would be Oasis Springs in either of the two greener neighborhoods. I do love looking at snow but I wouldn't want to live in it.. So Windenburg and Brindleton Bay would be out even though I think they are gorgeous and my sims like living there :). Selvadorada would be too humid for me.

I would not want to live in San Myshuno at all. I don't like apartment living. I'd rather not have noise congestion/problems or even people congestion. It would feel claustrophobic to me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    I live in southern Germany which resembles some parts of Windenburg, and I like it a lot. 🙂 StrangerVille and Willow Creek are also very nice, because I LOVE deserts (especially with some sort of Monument Valley in the background) and swamps, haha.

I wouldn't want to live in Newcrest and Brindleton Bay, though. Newcrest is just boring, at least in my opinion, and Brindleton Bay comes off so… cold? I definitely prefer warm temperatures.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif