Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about "after" winning the fight

My sim finished fighting the "Mother" and then I had her join the Military (she is level 4 now, I think). She gets fan mail, which is a nice touch but now to the part where I am really worried.

Question:
She hangs out at the bar after work and I noticed the toilet there has vines growing out of it. My whole town seems to be back to normal. Is this the start of starting over? (I don't want to go thru that again)

Comments

• Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited March 2019
    If you revive the Mother using one of the fruits you can set the level of strangeness. Also if you make the Mother a friend you can get gifts.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited March 2019
    Have you tried to clear the vines out? I am not sure for public lots but in my game it happened in my sim's home and I cleared the vines and they never appeared again. I also had in another household the tense moodlet in one of my sims but my toilets and sinks were clean I was worried it was going to be like that forever and it was a big bug but after that moodlet went away (I believe it's 2 sim hours), it never came back.

Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I'm guessing the vines had been there from before the fight. I had some at my home lot that I didn't clear before the fight but did after and they haven't returned.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    Thank you all for your response! I didn't touch the vines in the toilet after the fight. My sim goes there everyday and I didn't notice till that one time and my sim didn't touch it for fear of starting it back up, LOL.
    I just added a gym room above the bar and used those toilets :D

Funny thing is, I missed playing "weird" when I went back in. I started a new game (still have my "beat it" game though) and am going to try to befriend the Mother :o My new sim has the "friend of the world" aspiration!

I am really enjoying this game ;)
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Thank you all for your response! I didn't touch the vines in the toilet after the fight. My sim goes there everyday and I didn't notice till that one time and my sim didn't touch it for fear of starting it back up, LOL.
    I just added a gym room above the bar and used those toilets :D

Funny thing is, I missed playing "weird" when I went back in. I started a new game (still have my "beat it" game though) and am going to try to befriend the Mother :o My new sim has the "friend of the world" aspiration!

I am really enjoying this game ;)

Same here, I miss the weird. My win game I'm playing through generations and will have mother plant revived sometime in the future so my hero's descendant can save the town anew. I have already played through the mystery on 2 other saves, on with the aspiration and one without. Feeling tempted to start another one while I wait for my current game to move on far enough to start again there.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
    @simm621 That is a good idea to revive the Mother plant with the next generation! When I finished beating the Mother plant, my sim became an adult and Marcus and the others are elder now. My how time flies when you are having fun :D I will have to play around with aging in my new game and take it slower!

I am going to continue checking out the forums, seems a lot of people have some great ways of playing in StrangerVille.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    My sim finished fighting the "Mother" and then I had her join the Military (she is level 4 now, I think). She gets fan mail, which is a nice touch but now to the part where I am really worried.

Question:
    She hangs out at the bar after work and I noticed the toilet there has vines growing out of it. My whole town seems to be back to normal. Is this the start of starting over? (I don't want to go thru that again)

Have a sim clean the vines in the toilet (just clean the toilet) and they will go away and stay away as long as the Mother is no more in charge. LOL. The vines probably started before you completed the battle.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited March 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Question:

Have a sim clean the vines in the toilet (just clean the toilet) and they will go away and stay away as long as the Mother is no more in charge. LOL. The vines probably started before you completed the battle.

This or maybe just a fun way to end the story like you see in movies. Those last 30 seconds where you see it is waiting and watching. I too had vines in my sink that I had already cleared once I came home the first time finishing the story as well as the vines in the bar toilet.

I do not think one has to worry at all that the story will start back up unless one purposefully completes the actions to start it again.
  • DemyanoSlavDemyanoSlav Posts: 581 Member

Question:

Why are you worried... it's a bloody game.
    @Writin_Reg and @Freygea I never cleaned it. I ended up tucking it away as my safe game.

I already started a new game, but haven't stirred anything up yet. I will take your advice and clean the darn vines if I beat her again! LOL

Question:

Why are you worried... it's a bloody game.

Sure its a game, but I wasn't ready to stir all that up again atm. I already started a new one and going to play it differently. I just want to preserve my first game in case I can't defeat her again, LOL
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    How did you beat the mother plant?
    My sim and the three sim team members went for the plant and fought it but it ate my main sim and the game ended?
    How do you beat it?
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    mock68 wrote: »
    My sim and the three sim team members went for the plant and fought it but it ate my main sim and the game ended?
    How do you beat it?

Load up on vaccines- you can use them throughout the fight to throw at the mother plant and kill her quicker. Also make sure you are commanding the sims to mega spray the mother so her health goes down quicker.

Watch your infection levels- if they rise too quickly then it’s best to retreat.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    @Writin_Reg and @Freygea I never cleaned it. I ended up tucking it away as my safe game.

I already started a new game, but haven't stirred anything up yet. I will take your advice and clean the darn vines if I beat her again! LOL

It won't start up again unless you revive her - from my understanding. I have not revived the mother so I don't know firsthand. I just know cleaning a sink or toilet with the vines has gotten rid of them permanently. I am playing a regular game in the town now and no illness or plants has returned.

I saw where some simmers have revived the mother and she acts more like a Genie I've heard - but have not tried it myself. I am enjoying just playing in the town for now. I moved my Sim up to one of the empty lots on the Hill and have been building him a house as he earns his way up the Ladder in the military. He is one of the Men in Black kind of soldiers and is pretty high up. Oddly his best friend is the kooky Conspirator Theorists that runs that stand - my sim gave him a key way back when the town was infected so he comes and goes quite often - visiting to use my sims stuff - like the huge telescope - a lot.

I do wish we could do something with that big lab though - at least on the main floor - that way the Mother could stay there in case I ever get an idea to want to revive her - but it just sits there wasting all that space for no good reason. I don't want to delete it so it is annoying I cannot do anything to it. I keep thinking it could make an interesting Mall and club if it would let me clean it up with out cheats etc. I don't use cheats or mods -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited March 2019
    Reviving the Mother doesn't start the infections/story again. But you can ask her for weirdness (3 different levels) and the spores will be there again. You can also ask her for presents (money, youth or promotions) and there won't be any changes in the neighbourhood .
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

It won't start up again unless you revive her - from my understanding. I have not revived the mother so I don't know firsthand. I just know cleaning a sink or toilet with the vines has gotten rid of them permanently. I am playing a regular game in the town now and no illness or plants has returned.

I saw where some simmers have revived the mother and she acts more like a Genie I've heard - but have not tried it myself. I am enjoying just playing in the town for now. I moved my Sim up to one of the empty lots on the Hill and have been building him a house as he earns his way up the Ladder in the military. He is one of the Men in Black kind of soldiers and is pretty high up. Oddly his best friend is the kooky Conspirator Theorists that runs that stand - my sim gave him a key way back when the town was infected so he comes and goes quite often - visiting to use my sims stuff - like the huge telescope - a lot.

I do wish we could do something with that big lab though - at least on the main floor - that way the Mother could stay there in case I ever get an idea to want to revive her - but it just sits there wasting all that space for no good reason. I don't want to delete it so it is annoying I cannot do anything to it. I keep thinking it could make an interesting Mall and club if it would let me clean it up with out cheats etc. I don't use cheats or mods -

It would be so fun to be able to make a nursery for Mother and her babies on the top floor of the lab. (I think there is a cheat to add a mother plant and then you can place her anywhere)
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Gagea wrote: »
    Reviving the Mother doesn't start the infections/story again. But you can ask her for weirdness (3 different levels) and the spores will be there again. You can also ask her for presents (money, youth or promotions) and there won't be any changes in the neighbourhood .

You don't need to revive her to get the gifts. First time I played, first time I met her, I kept selecting the option "Attempt to communicate" and saw her friendship bar kept getting better. I kept doing it, eventually it went from full red to full green. (Took quite a while). Then I could ask for gifts. The gifts aren't much though.

I was hoping I could use the external small plants to ask for gifts, but it doesn't work like that. You have to keep going all the way back to her and ask.
    mock68 wrote: »
    How do you beat it?

My sim had the strangerville mystery aspiration, traits were paranoid, active, and creative. I kept an eye on the aspiration to see what I needed to do. I also skilled up my sim in between working on beating the mother. My sim ended up recruiting two military people and one science person to help. First time two of them had to pee and walked real slow, I just disbanded and went home (didn't even make it to the bottom floor where the Mother was). Then the next morning I made sure her needs were full and called the recruits together and then directed them in tiny steps, to where the mother was. (I figured if I did it in late morning, the recruits should have needs filled or at least not have to pee). :D I used the mega spray (not sure if that was an available option at the beginning of the fight?) but I used it pretty consistently. I only had them "be careful" a few times. I didn't have them retreat because I didn't know what to expect, but my team was high in the red bar! Finally won though.

I have made several "new games" since I tucked this game away and saved it as my "win game". I have yet to stir things up in my other games, as I am enjoying the game, but I will.....eventually!

Keep trying, you will beat it, sometimes it takes multiple tries from other stories I have read!
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    just swinging by to post a link to a comment talking about how i tend to win the fight at the end of the story (also, you don't need to bring your fighting companions along on the adventure with you. they'll come out of the doors at the bottom as soon as the combat starts. so no need to worry about them getting lost or needing to pee or whatever)

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16993145#Comment_16993145
    (the combat comment itself is in spoilers in that thread)

also, you want to make sure your sim doesn't have the dazed moodlet from failing to win a fight solo because that ensures they'll get eaten the next time they confront the mother. losing the fight while your friends are helping doesn't give you the same moodlet so your sim should be able to jump right back into the fight if you want them to
    @kalaksed Very insightful thread you linked! Thank you!

I did not know I could go alone and the recruits would just show up at the bottom! I really didn't know how long the medicine (or whatever it was you gave them to recruit them) would last. I was worried (since I waited till the next day) if they would even stay or help, LOL.

I would not want to go solo at all, If I go down.....I want to take others with me :D
    my first playthrough was a household of three. each one recruited different individuals (two of them recruited each other as well as two townies). i didn't even think about having the townies come along as i went down to face the ending

as for the vaccine's duration, it seems to be several days (i want to say 3, but since i wasn't playing steadily, i lost track) because i had to wait a while to be able to reinfect one of my original three 'saviors' since that's actually part of her being. an infected botanist
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    gettps wrote: »
    Gagea wrote: »

You don't need to revive her to get the gifts. First time I played, first time I met her, I kept selecting the option "Attempt to communicate" and saw her friendship bar kept getting better. I kept doing it, eventually it went from full red to full green. (Took quite a while). Then I could ask for gifts. The gifts aren't much though.

I was hoping I could use the external small plants to ask for gifts, but it doesn't work like that. You have to keep going all the way back to her and ask.

Anybody knows if you can use the "Besties Greating" on Mother?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    nope. she works like patchy (when he's still on his stump), lyn-z and the talking toilets. only interactions that are specific to those objects (since they all are objects at the time) work on them. so slow going with building the relationship with her. infected sims can build much faster, especially if you make sure they're possessed before they talk to her (eat a fruit, communicate until the possession wears off, repeat. go from full red to full green in just a few fruit)