Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many of you guys play lgbt/ethnic couples?

Comments

• AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    @SimsILikeSims

I never got to play it, but Sims3 sounds fascinating 😂😅😂

What a wonderful couple they must’ve made.
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I don't care about either. Irrelevant attributes.
    But as I play legacy I need male and female to make a baby. I had a lesbian couple who used a donor. And I will never play a dark skinned sim again cause it's impossible to find good makeup for them. I looked high and low... nothing. And I will most likely never play a male gay couple either cause I like my females.

Regarding makeup on darkskinned females EA needs to give us an Opacity feature to tone down some of the glosses and makeup.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Ben and Michelle met in Sims 2 and have been married ever since.
    02-16-19_1-14-04nbspAM.png

02-16-19_1-08-47nbspAM.png

02-16-19_1-28-07nbspAM.png
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I don't care about either. Irrelevant attributes.
    But as I play legacy I need male and female to make a baby. I had a lesbian couple who used a donor. And I will never play a dark skinned sim again cause it's impossible to find good makeup for them. I looked high and low... nothing. And I will most likely never play a male gay couple either cause I like my females.

Regarding makeup on darkskinned females EA needs to give us an Opacity feature to tone down some of the glosses and makeup.

Yes!
    Or the CC creators could get on it. I have so much CC makeup that looks cute on lighter skinned sims but is very harsh looking on dark skin. But you can tell it could look nice if there was a way to change opacity.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • RumancekRumancek Posts: 558 Member
    well, I usually do play with LGBT couples but they're based on ships... But any kids they have are free game, yet they usually end up LGBT too.

i don't really have any recent pics of them though
    That an uppercase i at the end of my name, not an L! Do not @ me with the L.
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    I usually play just one household, but I do add lgbt/interracial households from time to time to my game. It feels more realistic and diverse to me.
  • Crimson_CountessCrimson_Countess Posts: 17 Member
    I've played a few, but I usually do historical stories, so the couples have to be straight.
  • VanderhootVanderhoot Posts: 192 Member
    I would say it would be interesting to do a historical challenge and work lgbt sims into that. Maybe one who feels they have to hide their identity etc.
    7He4osW.png?1
    Check out my 1920s homes on the gallery: Vanderhoot13
  • Crimson_CountessCrimson_Countess Posts: 17 Member
    @Vanderhoot That's a really good idea. after seeing @historynerd 's Eliza/Theodosia romance, I've actually been planning on doinh a LQBT romance, although I would have to have another couple to continue on the legacy.
  • Depper12Depper12 Posts: 25 Member
    i do it all the time lmao
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Vanderhoot wrote: »
    I would say it would be interesting to do a historical challenge and work lgbt sims into that. Maybe one who feels they have to hide their identity etc.

Great idea! And of course, there's also interesting historical figures like Philippe I, Duke of Orléans to take inspiration from, who not only had male lovers during his marriages, but sometimes liked to dress up in female attire at parties. He was perhaps able to get away with this as it made him seem less of a potential threat to his brother the king.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    I do lgbt all the time~ I love playing realistic too, what I do is pretend some things are more advanced most medical things so males being pregnant fit, also it makes those crazy birthing machines fit too~

I need to/want to put more diversity into my sims, I just suck at making them! *flies to the gallery*
  • hipotonixhipotonix Posts: 58 Member
    It's pretty common for my sims relationships to be interractial. It's not for any specific reason, it's just kind of how it works out. I would post pictures but I'm unable to yet.
  • alexjoanrowwalexjoanroww Posts: 63 Member
    All the time. I'm currently doing a legacy challenge. My founder is an African bisexual (she's attracted to both male and female sims) woman who became president (leader of the free world). Isn't that awesome?
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    I play very diverse, and my simmer friends say they do but it pales in comparison to my play. I play every race, every sexuality, every personality, in every world. I don’t play all of this at once, but through generations of the family everyone and every storyline is entirely different. Some of my sims are thots who sleep with everybody they meet and hate children, while some of my sims are family oriented and care most about raising their children- and everything in between that I play as well. I used to play the same, straight white girls who would raise 7+ kids as a single mother, but that was years ago and I haven’t even thought to turn back since I started playing with diversity 🌈
  • GamerGirl1305GamerGirl1305 Posts: 3 New Member
    I think it really interesting when interracial sims have kids and you can see how they're like their parents but at the same time aren't - never tried same sex couples , only ever made a girl teen date another girl to see how it would go
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I play interracial as long as the couple are both people of color. I find white/black to be a little cliche and boring.
  • nerdysagittariusnerdysagittarius Posts: 18 Member
    KShannon wrote: »
    Most of my couples are multi-racial, but I only rarely go with LGBT couples. I enjoy playing with genetics, and don't have mods to allow for LGBT pregnancies.

I used to not play with LGBT couples for the same reason, though I eventually realized I could play with genetics in LGBT couples by changing the pregnancy settings on one of the sims in CAS by clicking on a mirror and selecting "Change Sim".
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    I don't see what sexuality has to do with ethnicity. They aren't even in the same ocean let alone the same boat.

I often play mixed race households.

Exactly. This is a bizarre thread.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I think most people automatically make sims who are the same race, identity and sexuality as themselves. I assume it stems from obviously people enjoying seeing people similar to themselves represented in game.

For example, I'm a white, gay, cis-male myself, and I admit my 'default' type of sim to create would probably be white, gay* and cis-male. If you look through my renovated save (where I originally bulldozed everything and deleted all the townies, replacing everything myself) I would say that this is the most common type of sim in my game. While I was working on the save I did try and keep this in mind and made sure I created households with people who were different races, identities and sexualities, I did have to go back after and change a couple of households though, as I did feel I'd created too many sims who were that 'default' type. I think this resulted in eventually creating a decently balanced community in my save.

Sexuality differs slightly, as obviously that isn't a setting you choose in CAS. Occasionally I'll have one in mind while creating a sim, which may affect how they dress, etc, but my sims' sexuality often will be determined by who they interact with and meet. Often i'll go 'oooh they met X at school, that'd be a cute romantic thing' and just go with that. By a default i always assume misc townies are just bi. This is furthered by me having MCCC installs which doesn't restrict random townie marrages by gender.

I feel rather misinformed about the trans community in real life, and I think this carries over into the game... I do have a couple sims who in my mind are trans, however it seems whenever I have created trans sims I've always created them after their transition. Similarly, I rarely use the gender options within the game, This is likely due to myself not knowing what the transition involves and so not feeling educated enough to play a trans sim who is yet, or is unable to transition.

Out of curiosity, has anyone played a sim who is trans and started before their transition?

I have. One of my favorites was a Sim who unintentionally ended up tying into my main family.
    I don’t have any pictures as I’m on my phone right now, but he’s transgender-male. His name is Jay, and he was pre-transition in high school as a teenager. No one knew, as his mother was unsupportive, and he eventually fell in love with his best friend; my Sim, Toby Frost (son of Tory Frost and Addison Fowler, who I’ve mentioned around these forums quite a bit before). Jay always automously made moves on him and since Toby didn’t seem to mind, I just let it happen.
    I had actually created a female Sim for Toby to end up with, but he and Jay just really hit it off. So once they became young adults, Jay moved in with him and was finally able to transition. :)
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    I play whatever falls into my lap pretty much. Whoever my Sims happen to get to know best when I'm ready for them to date and marry, is who they will date and marry. So I've had a mix of situations.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2019
    KShannon wrote: »
    Most of my couples are multi-racial, but I only rarely go with LGBT couples. I enjoy playing with genetics, and don't have mods to allow for LGBT pregnancies.

I used to not play with LGBT couples for the same reason, though I eventually realized I could play with genetics in LGBT couples by changing the pregnancy settings on one of the sims in CAS by clicking on a mirror and selecting "Change Sim".

You don't have to install mods if you don't want to. In CAS in the upper left corner, where you name your sim you will see a button that looks like ( ...). Click there and you can set males and females to be able to:
    • Get pregnant
    • Make others pregnant
    • Neither get or make others pregnant

So you could have a female sim who can get another female or even a male sim pregnant (if you have him set to do so) and vice versa with two male sims.
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    I want to play Sims who are not straight. I have one Sim who is attracted to just about everyone. His name is Jack. He is based a little bit off of Jack Harkness from Doctor Who. They're only real similarity is that they both are able to fall in love with any intelligent species. He is with another human female right now, but he will move around a lot with many different humans, aliens, and vampires of both genders. Because he's still a teenager right now, he's still finding himself. He does have nine children though. (A bunch of one night stands hone wrong.)
    I have no interest of getting males pregnant unless it's through alien abduction or in having females be able to get other females pregnant. That gameplay just doesn't work for me. But I would still like to play with gay relationships. They would adopt, if anything. Or I'd have one of the guys get abducted maybe if it was two men.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    I don't see what sexuality has to do with ethnicity. They aren't even in the same ocean let alone the same boat.

I often play mixed race households.

Exactly. This is a bizarre thread.

I think its two seperate questions. at least thats the way i read it when saw the thread the first time.
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    Cool to see this thread is still going!

Lots of good insight here.

My rl husband is African American, and our kids are all biracial, obviously, and I seem to play tons of biracial families. But of all races. Sometimes I have no idea what race someone is even supposed to be (when it’s a townie) Because they all have Asian or Indian sounding names, but can be any color skin, with any color/type of hair.

I don’t think that I do it on purpose. It simply doesn’t matter to me one bit,

I have a bunch of gay couples. Those always happen naturally, I never force them, so I was wondering if you guys think that certain sims are simply attracted to same sex sims?

I was playing a female sim one time, I’d kinda wanted her to get together with a certain sim male that didn’t have any romantic relationships. But she was constantly bored when talking to male sims.

As soon as I had her talk to a female, she was all happy and flirty. And I didn’t have any settings different in any way.

She’s the only one I’ve had that was overtly only attracted to same sex sims. But most of them seem to just like whoever, regardless of sexuality.
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top