Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Aging

KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
Hello,

How do I slow or turn off aging in Sims 2 (PC wise). Is there a cheat I have to put in?
"The truth hurts, but lies kill"

Comments

• KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Yes, the cheat is: aging off - you have to do it each time you play and with each individual household. If you don't want to cheat, you can use the Elixir of Life aspiration reward.

With University, you can lure a sim to a cowplant and 'drink' them for extended life and with FreeTime you can wish for a longer life via the genie. These methods are obviously more tedious, though, so I prefer the cheat. ;)
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    Yes, the cheat is: aging off - you have to do it each time you play and with each individual household. If you don't want to cheat, you can use the Elixir of Life aspiration reward.

With University, you can lure a sim to a cowplant and 'drink' them for extended life and with FreeTime you can wish for a longer life via the genie. These methods are obviously more tedious, though, so I prefer the cheat. ;)

Okay, thank you. What cheat do I put in to enable that cheat? For example, in The Sims 3 in order to use cheats we have to first put in "testingcheatsenabled true".
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited March 2019
    KLAlexis wrote: »

Okay, thank you. What cheat do I put in to enable that cheat? For example, in The Sims 3 in order to use cheats we have to first put in "testingcheatsenabled true".

You don't have to put in any cheat first. Just press control+shift+c and type in aging off. Your sim will stop aging until you enter aging on there. It's like motherlode cheat in all games (except The Sims 1) or enablellamas cheat in The Sims 3.
    However, if you want full control on aging, you can use testingcheats by shift-clicking on sims and selecting Set to Birthday action. Then either click on your sim (without holding shift key) or use a birthday cake to age your sim up. Remember, to enable testingcheats, you'll have to enter this:
    boolprop testingcheatsenabled true

Now when you go through a loading screen when testingcheats are enabled, you'll start seeing the game's current version on upper-right corner on your screen. Don't worry about it. You can now also change your sim's needs, skills, interests, personality, relationships, and hobby enthusiasm by just dragging it. However, you cannot do it with aging bar.
  • KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    Okay, thank you so much :)
  • violaineTviolaineT Posts: 48 Member
    If you care a little bit on your sims wants, you will earn enough points to buy a train of elixir of life which makes cheating pretty useless.
    If you go through childhood uni and so on you may have already like 3 more times as adult when becoming a teen, and get like 20 elixirs when coming back from the uni...