Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rabbitholes invisible in CAW but not EIG; Is this a concern?

PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
edited March 2019 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
Hello!
I am attempting to put together a world using the CAW files from Sunset Valley 2.

So far I have only three lots: city hall, police department, and the ship diner rabbithole from Barnacle Bay. I am getting a bit concerned though because two of the three rabbitholes are invisible in CAW: the city hall which is from Riverview and the ship diner. The police department is ok though. The pattern so far that I'm seeing from just these three places is that any rabbithole not found from the base game is invisible. I can't 100% confirm this assumption as like I said I've only built the three lots. The thing is though when I enter EIG, everything looks fine. It looks just as it should. I can edit the lots. I can touch the rabbitholes and move them around.

My concern comes from whether or not the rabbitholes being invisible in CAW will at all affect the world once I export it to actually play it. Will everything be fine or will this glitch out the rabbitholes in to not appearing at all? Is there something that I might have missed or done unintentionally that is causing the rabbitholes to glitch out?

City Hall: CAW
8pWHMxK.png
City Hall: EIG
hF80vlI.jpg

Diner: CAW
EEV1ul7.png
Diner: EIG
Q1knBpp.jpg

ETA: Just added the Scrumptious Nibbles Cafe from Town Life Stuff and that rabbithole shows up. So, it looks like it might store content that is affected. Why is my store content not showing in CAW? And the question about whether or not this will affect my export still stands.

ETA2: Ok, things are getting more interesting. I used the bin lot for the Scrumptious Nibbles Cafe. I replaced the tables, chairs, and benches to different ones I liked better. The tables, chairs, and benches all came from the store. In CAW, the items aren't invisible, but they were replaced with completely different items. Going back in to EIG, they are just fine. What in the world is going on my store items???

Cafe: CAW
Z0nKomn.png
Cafe: EIG
nqONFgM.jpg
Post edited by PurpleRoses on

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I would export it, clean my files, install it and see how it does.

I would guess it's okay since it does show in EIG.
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hi Rflong! Hope you're doing well!

That was something I thought about doing today. Don't know why I didn't think of it yesterday when I posted this. I was also very sleep deprived yesterday. Lol! Although I have a question about that. I read somewhere at some point that in order to import multiple versions of world onto the exchange you have to change the ID number or whatever it is. Is this something I will have to worry about if I'm not planning on uploading to the exchange and only installing to my game? Or will I definitely need to change it every time I install a new version?

What do you mean by cleaning the files?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I am, Thanks!
    Yes, you would but you shouldn't upload your world to the Exchange if you're only testing it. Once you export it go to your game files and double click the pack file in the Exports folder to install it. :)

Clean cache files and WorldCaches folder in Sims 3 folder. :)

• PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    Oh, the cache files. Gotcha.

No, I don't plan on uploading to the exchange. Mostly because I don't think I have permission to since they aren't my CAW files. Thanks for the info. I'll look into it as soon as I can, and I'll probably report back once I have it figured out. : )