Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Terrain Texture Links, Custom Roads, & Effects *** New Textures by Rusty333P Added Jan. 2014

12346...Next

Comments

• auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited December 2013
    They're all in Martines Texture Megapack, but she renamed them so you don't know if their from China, Egypt, or France. You can pretty much tell, the lighter greens are France, the darker greens are China and Egypt. I think I have them seperated somewhere, I'll take a look and see.

Edit:
    You can get them at Cawster, They're included with the France Caw Files.
    http://cawster.wordpress.com/2013/04/04/wa-worlds/
  • LallevonLanzelothLallevonLanzeloth Posts: 1,041 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Thank you very very much. :mrgreen:

But I have a second question. Is it possible to add per height map a mountain to the world after you already placed some objects and streets?
  • Rusty333PRusty333P Posts: 4,669 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Hello! I've got two terrain texture packs I released not too long ago if you'd like to add them. Here are the links~

http://simsoup.tumblr.com/post/71341995400/here-are-some-more-caw-textures-15-to-be

http://simsoup.tumblr.com/post/68196870609/this-is-something-i-threw-together-really-fast

:)
  • AxelTaylor01AxelTaylor01 Posts: 389 Member
    edited January 2014
    Um Hi, I tried finding the answer online to this question, and I'm not having any luck. What are the ini and color ramp files? How do I install them? Why would I want to install them? Thanks in advance. Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere and I missed it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited January 2014
    AxelTaylor01,
    The color ramps and ini files create the different water and sky color and can make atmospheric changes like fog, brightness, ect.

Here is the main research thread:

Sea, Sky and Light parameters- let's learn!

Rusty333P,
    Yay! New Textures! I'll get them popped in the front post. Sorry for the delay, I haven't been as active lately.

• VulnnVulnn Posts: 131 Member
    Isla paradiso roads have a weird transparent issue with the sidewalks
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hi, little help please. I downloaded the textures for Monte Vista to try out some different roads but the sidewalk "normal map" is nowhere to be found as well as the intersection corner normal map. These are .tga files and I checked to make sure this file type is showing, they just seem to be missing from the download. I tried using the file of the same name ending in .dds but the intersections look funny. So far I tried it with the asphalt and cobblestone roads. Am I doing something wrong?
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    If it's the file from Auntielynds - there are different folders in the main folder. The Monte Vista folder I have from Auntie is named this - MTS_auntielynds_1338616_MonteVistaTextures. It has everything inside. I guess I got it from MTS.
    http://modthesims.info/t/492784
    If it's the file from Auntielynds - there are different folders in the main folder. The Monte Vista folder I have from Auntie is named this - MTS_auntielynds_1338616_MonteVistaTextures. It has everything inside. I guess I got it from MTS.

Not in there, i looked through all folders to see. I even re-downloaded them from MTS. ll look again, however, could be im just going blind.
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    I have these as well and looking at the pictures auntielynds provided of how the files should be used, I would say that the .tga files might not be missing but have the wrong extension. For instance, all seven of the cobblestone road files are there, so I suggest renaming the two normal map files from .dds to .tga and see if that works.
    Firby nurbs!
    fxchrfxchr wrote: »
    I have these as well and looking at the pictures auntielynds provided of how the files should be used, I would say that the .tga files might not be missing but have the wrong extension. For instance, all seven of the cobblestone road files are there, so I suggest renaming the two normal map files from .dds to .tga and see if that works.
    Thanks! I will try that. I didn't know you could just rename a file, as simple as that. I will update soon.

Thanks! I will try that. I didn't know you could just rename a file, as simple as that. I will update soon.

You can change a file's extension to whatever you want, but in most cases that would make the file useless. For example, you can't just change a .Sims3Pack file to a .package file by changing the extension, you have to convert it to a package file with Launcher or some other program.
    You are only changing the extension of these files because we suspect they were misnamed in the first place :smile:
    I'm looking forward to your update.
    Firby nurbs!
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited March 2019

Those were pulled straight from the world file and if you were pull those files straight from the world file they would be a .dds even though if you were to drag Monte Vista into CAW they would be a .tga. But even then they should still display properly even if they are a .dds.

Have you tried checking in game to see if they look properly? Or have you tried exiting and reloading CAW (of course having your files backed up first) to see if that helps?
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member

Not in there, i looked through all folders to see. I even re-downloaded them from MTS. ll look again, however, could be im just going blind.

If you double click the folder, inside there is a folder named MV textures & MV roads. The MV textures has the road textures and MV roads has all the different corners, crossings and the like that you use when you set up your roads in CAW. She even has pic's of how to set everything up in the MV roads folder.
    edited March 2019
    ScottDemon wrote: »

Those were pulled straight from the world file and if you were pull those files straight from the world file they would be a .dds even though if you were to drag Monte Vista into CAW they would be a .tga. But even then they should still display properly even if they are a .dds.

Have you tried checking in game to see if they look properly? Or have you tried exiting and reloading CAW (of course having your files backed up first) to see if that helps?

OP says above: I tried using the file of the same name ending in .dds but the intersections look funny.

auntielynds included a picture of what files should be used. The two normal map files, in the picture, end in .tga but the two files have a .dds extension in the file folder. Why does the pic show .tga but the file itself have a .dds??? Hence our experimenting.
    Firby nurbs!

If you double click the folder, inside there is a folder named MV textures & MV roads. The MV textures has the road textures and MV roads has all the different corners, crossings and the like that you use when you set up your roads in CAW. She even has pic's of how to set everything up in the MV roads folder.

Pictures do not match the files. See my comment to ScottDemon.
    Firby nurbs!
    edited March 2019

OP says above: I tried using the file of the same name ending in .dds but the intersections look funny.

auntielynds included a picture of what files should be used. The two normal map files, in the picture, end in .tga but the two files have a .dds extension in the file folder. Why does the pic show .tga but the file itself have a .dds??? Hence our experimenting.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe I used those files? Which is why I was asking them if they had tried the 2 suggestions I mentioned.
    I've used those files as they are and it turned out fine for me. Also CAW uses the Base Game lighting so there not going to look the same as they would in Monte Vista due to MV's unique lighting just like they won't look the same if I was to use them in Moonlight Falls or Midnight Hollow which by the way I've done.

*Edit*
    But anyway @KarilynMonroe2 here's a free online .dds to .tga conversion tool you can try I've never used it so I can't say how well it works https://www.aconvert.com/image/dds-to-tga/
    Post edited by ScottDemon on

Did you ever stop to think that maybe I used those files?

You gave absolutely no clue that you had. But, we'll see how the OP does with all our suggestions when she gets back to us.
    Firby nurbs!
    edited March 2019

You gave absolutely no clue that you had. But, we'll see how the OP does with all our suggestions when she gets back to us.

Well a screenshot of what their seeing would help I just remembered that the terrain paint can also affect how they look.
    But anyway you did get me to look at the various files and realized that the .tga files that are already available in CAW for Concrete and Dirt are literally the exact same files that was used in every world just renamed. EA is so creative I can't believe I never noticed that before :|

Well a screenshot of what their seeing would help I just remembered that the terrain paint can also affect how they look.
    But anyway you did get me to look at the various files and realized that the .tga files that are already available in CAW for Concrete and Dirt are literally the exact same files that was used in every world just renamed. EA is so creative I can't believe I never noticed that before :|

Speaking of Dirt road and terrain paint, I now recall a thread over at MTS3 about intersections that looked "funny" (as the OP calls it) where it pointed out that rather than fix the flawed way intersections display in the game, EA used the same colour of terrain paint under the intersections to hide the flaw. Creative indeed. So, this might be the OP's issue regardless of what these files are named as you point out.
    Firby nurbs!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top