Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

re starting the infection after defeating it

Hi,

It did not take me long to defeat the infection in Strangerville and of course my sim became the hero and I have continued with this storyline of that hero sim and family that I do not want to lose them or their gameplay in this world however without having to start a new game I want to start the infection again as I have a storyline in mind using a mod so that sims do not become infected but the airborne spores and other atmospheric weather conditions remain in the world but am confused about which sims can start off the infection again and am wondering if it is a hero sim that already defeated the infection that has to start it again or if any new sim in the world can do it? and awaken the infection?

Comments

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    You can use any Sim who has a keycard. Just drag the card from your hero's inventory to the new sim.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Thank you @JACKIEJOY

perfect for keeping this family and future storytelling quick info much appreciated :D
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i tend to use ted roswell to restart the infection, myself (unless sending a team down together. there, each member revives things just to start the fight again so everyone gets credit before leaving the lab)

i've cheated a hazmat suit and keycard into his house while remodeling it (with a larger bunker dedicated to the infection that only he can access, but piles of evidence outside the locked door for investigative sims to dig through) and had him max his relationship with the ending

some other players have the idea of a generational thing. one of the descendants of the original hero will (possibly accidentally) reawaken things so they'll have to figure out what's going on and become the new hero

something i found nice is if you unlock the doors and go visit without actually working on the story it doesn't trigger the infection steps. everything's still on the 'starter' infection bit with just the handful of small plants everywhere even though ted visits the mother daily (while i play him, at least) to ask for his rewards
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i tend to use ted roswell to restart the infection, myself (unless sending a team down together. there, each member revives things just to start the fight again so everyone gets credit before leaving the lab)

i've cheated a hazmat suit and keycard into his house while remodeling it (with a larger bunker dedicated to the infection that only he can access, but piles of evidence outside the locked door for investigative sims to dig through) and had him max his relationship with the ending

some other players have the idea of a generational thing. one of the descendants of the original hero will (possibly accidentally) reawaken things so they'll have to figure out what's going on and become the new hero

something i found nice is if you unlock the doors and go visit without actually working on the story it doesn't trigger the infection steps. everything's still on the 'starter' infection bit with just the handful of small plants everywhere even though ted visits the mother daily (while i play him, at least) to ask for his rewards

Thanks for this info ... I understood that only one team member got credit through forum posts but I'm glad it doesn't have to be that way. I was just resigned to that. When I fight the mother I'll do it this way.

Would a hazmat suit/keycard room that simmers can download on the gallery be good for assessing the mother without going deep into the story?
    On one of my sims they are just infected and all they needed was the key to see her... of course you have to be cured to fight her, but it wasn't my intention to fight her on this sim yet.. if ever.
    egTcBMc.png
    how were you getting past that one hallway? i tried it while ted was possessed from eating a fruit, but while possessed they don't seem to know how to use keycards (which makes sense, i suppose). so had to use the hazmat to walk past it, then took it back off in the next area

unless, of course, you're at the point of the story where a sim had passed that stage already and the hallway cleared up. the hazmat seems to only be useful for that hallway when you're still on stage 2 of the story (first lab door officially open, but second not)

the suit/keycard would probably go over pretty well on the gallery, yeah. as long as you made a point of reminding people what they were, since all the items used in solving the mystery (except the dossier) have the same brown package appearance when not in a sim's inventory
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited March 2019
    @kalaksed
    Well I did have my hero sim go all the way down once in the hazmat suit. I'm rotating families in this save .. so he hasn't defeated the mother yet.

I switched to playing infected sims and one of them got to the point where he could get a keycard. He never had a hazmat suit. He went down in a group and since I didn't know if he could pass I had them eat fruit after the first door... then had to wait till the possession passed to use the key again. I don't think I needed to do that step. They can use the keys when not actively possessed... now they go down regularly and just get possessed in the presence of the mother.. unless I go at the time possession normally happens.

egTcBMc.png
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I plan on restarting the thing again :)

Just saw “Captain Marvel” and am pretty jazzed. FemShep who saved the day the first time round is going to get a cool long leather jacket, I have seen it in CAS. Going to turn the crazy on again when she turns adult and then she is going to recruit an agent, a scientist and someone from the military. First whip them into shape and then it’s back to crazy land. Would really like to give her an eyepatch. Might let her die and then let the team avenge her. That would work.

So now it is time to build her future heroes, the sims that she will find. They should be about teenagers now so that gives me a bit room to shape them.
    • Teenage vampire who dabbles in science, always had to play indoors due to “sensitive skin”. Cares for the family’s plasma trees.
    • Alien who is charismatic and clever is going to be the future agent. Black or rather purple widow.
    • [Missing occult here] how am I supposed to make a group of ragtag misfits if there are no weird ones around. Would love to have had a military werewolf as muscle for the story. The group keeping a careful plan of when to move forward or lay low depending on the lunar cycle.
    • Orange tabby cat named Goose.

Gahhh.... I have no inspiration at the moment for the last character, the military one, but I hope it will come to me after I got the vampire and the alien set up. And Goose of course. I want to make a Mass Effect/avengers mashup played out in the sims.
    the only two 'real' occults currently in the game that you haven't planned for are ghost and plantsim, though the latter's not a true lifestate, really. there are a few faux things you can do, though, like elf or fae (i've got some of each wandering around my game thanks to some people uploading sims made with vampire/alien ears unlocked for regular sims via a mod. since they're in the game proper, just not for 'human' sims, they don't get flagged as cc and still load in just fine). though i agree, werewolf would have been great for it

as for the leather coat, i'm guessing you mean this one:
    100748a17cfe895aa6887866ee1ac98b.png
    if so, it's an unlock from the oracle side of the criminal career. and one of my absolute favorite pieces, though i only use it sparingly (the sim in the screenshot there is the oracle in my game. top end of that career path)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Thanks for your input everyone I love all the different observations and ideas on this topic covering some things I had never even thought off before and that criminal career coat is fabulous :)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    the only two 'real' occults currently in the game that you haven't planned for are ghost and plantsim, though the latter's not a true lifestate, really. there are a few faux things you can do, though, like elf or fae (i've got some of each wandering around my game thanks to some people uploading sims made with vampire/alien ears unlocked for regular sims via a mod. since they're in the game proper, just not for 'human' sims, they don't get flagged as cc and still load in just fine). though i agree, werewolf would have been great for it

as for the leather coat, i'm guessing you mean this one:
    100748a17cfe895aa6887866ee1ac98b.png
    if so, it's an unlock from the oracle side of the criminal career. and one of my absolute favorite pieces, though i only use it sparingly (the sim in the screenshot there is the oracle in my game. top end of that career path)

Thank you, I forgot all about the ghosts. Plantsims are not a proper lifestate so ghost it is :)

This could be pretty good, as long as the ghost-soldier is keeping his emotions neutral he will have a great transparent shape to move around in. Like sneaking around in stealth. Ha ha, and if someone cracks a joke on the mic while he is out on mission he will be glow purple. Awesome.

That is indeed the jacket I was thinking off. Haven’t used so far on any sim so I’m looking forward to it.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    I played the story through with four Sims at once. One Sim found the Evidence when he was on his way through. Once he had picked up the evidence around the lab (and planted a few bugs), the evidence at the lab actually reset for a second Sim to get more evidence and get another dossier.

They then put this evidence on the web (or wherever) and get another keycard and Hazmat Suit.

I also discovered each Sim could vaccinate and make the other family members my allies as the vaccine wears off rapidly (but they remain my allies).

After the first battle, then revive the Mother, request Maximum Weirdness, and go into battle with a different Sim.

All four of my Sims recieve presents, have infection scanners and keycards, and have the only Hazmat Suit in town now.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.