Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Machinima by Simmerville - Jan 18: Mazaloom NEWS Year 231

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hello! A few days delayed, but almost ready for release: "As Sims Go By (ep4) - the colors of showbiz"!

I only need one more go on fine tuning sounds, then this episode will go online on March 13th! Yay!

Added: It will be released with Youtube's premiere function, meaning you will be able to watch it "live" on Wednesday at 11 PM GMT. I assume you will see your local time on the premiere page. The premiere page also functions like a chat room, and I will be present 30 minutes prior to release :)

Post edited by Simmerville on
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Pazurkiewicz2000Pazurkiewicz2000 Posts: 17 Member
    Nice videos :smile:
    Nice videos :smile:

Thank you so much! :)
    Here's a brand new "How I Play" video! This time the focus is Shopping Malls, and although it's a tad hard getting into the details in a sim tv-show, I hope you get some ideas or inspiration for building your own shopping malls or other forms of combined stores. I might follow up with a more detailed article on my blog Simmerville's Sims later.

I'm a bit behind schedule due to more RL working than expected. But next week there will hopefully be 2 more videos released.

Currently in production:

As Sims Go By - Ep5 - planned to air May 15th
    How I Play - more about taking photos in game - planned to air around May 18th

And - I'm also planning to submit 2 entries for The Sims International Film Festival - how cool is that?! :love:

While you wait - there is still 34 hours left for voting on Free Will Show ep 5. There's drama in the house and your vote can affect the show as one more contender will be kicked out in episode 6!

• MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    The Sims International Film Festival!?
    It sounds interesting :)
    I still hope for an end of San Myshuno undercover. I think it is very entertaining and well made o:)
    The Sims International Film Festival!?
    It sounds interesting :)
    I still hope for an end of San Myshuno undercover. I think it is very entertaining and well made o:)

Hello @MonaSolstraale :) I never sent anything to them before, and I assume they are used to much better technical quality, but I figured, why not... :) And - "San Myshuno Undercover" might very well be done this Summer. When first season of "As SimsGo By" is done in June, I will have time to work on the undercover story :)
    Hello! One day early: "As Sims Go By (ep5) - saving the elderly vote".

In this episode it's finally Fanny Silverbone's turn, and the focus is retirement homes. But there is so much more going on! A wedding, a pregnancy, a grand opening, and not to forget the investigations of a murder... Next episode (ep6) will close this first season of this series. I hope to make season 2 over Summer, but no matter what, this is a good time to catch up on the entire first season :)

PS: I no longer use YT's premiere feature, as the functionality is not what I expected. Might try it again later...

Now, enjoy ep5:

• SinnoraSinnora Posts: 28 Member
    Good machinima. Bravo! :)
    Thank you @Sinnora ! :)
    My YT channel has been rather silent lately, except the latest Free Will Show video, which isn't really Machinima. Plan was - and still is - to release As Sims Go By episode 6 in June. It's currently in production, and I hope to get it done for release next weekend. But knowing how much work it is, and seeing my RL vacation coming closer, mid July will be my next window for a release.

Episode 6 is the last episode of this first season. I hope I will work on a season 2, but will need Summer to decide. A series like this is very time consuming to create and it's hard to get an audience anyway, so I guess it all will depend on my grade of craziness... Time will tell.

Don't give up. I will miss your Machinimas :)
    I still hope for an end to the San Myshuno Undercover series ;)
    But I also like As Sims Go By.
    Don't give up. I will miss your Machinimas :)
    I still hope for an end to the San Myshuno Undercover series ;)
    But I also like As Sims Go By.

Thanks for keeping my spirits high, @MonaSolstraale :) If I need a change, I could make shorter episodes, perhaps. And - I'm pretty sure San Myshuno Undercover will get its final 2 episodes this Summer. Will be interesting seeing how the addition from various packs will affect the result.
    Hello! I "had to" go on vacation before As Sims Go By episode was ready to go online. So, new release will be 2nd half of July. This episode closes the 1st season, and I'm already thinking of what might happen i the series' 2nd season. Because, this is based on real sims in my game, and I don't know the exact content of the videos until I learn what my sims do.

Here's a cool capture of Fanny Silverbone :) When watching episode 6 you will understand why she is so jumping happy :)

asgb-fanny-jump.jpg

While waiting for my silly RL vacation to end, it might be a good time to watch the first 5 episodes.
    edited July 2019
    Finally - As Sims Go By - episode 6 is online! Sorry for the delay! This episode is rather packed with events, story threads and also a new community location, there's even a surprise pregnancy :)

I'll soon write the full 2nd season, which will count 5 episodes. If you have any favorite character or household etc, let me know, and I'll make sure to keep them in the spot. Would be too sad if I write off the one favorite character of my only viewer... :)

I did not plan to share this video here, but hey-ho, although it might be a bit off the Machinima theme, it IS fiction, and some might find a different - and NERDY - video interesting.

Every 5th year I run a major Election in my game. This is a TV Special leading viewers through the process, lots of graphics, street reporters, entertainers in studio - you know the typical thing. First they elect the 18 Hood Contacts, then each district(=world) selects 2 Nominees for the district's Councilor. Then there is a final vote on the 5 Councilors who form the regional Council, and the final scores decides who will be offered to lead this exclusive group - the Mayor.

Btw, I also do yearly NEWS reports with news, celeb gossips, finance news, job listings and lots of family notes. Will not post those 5 min videos here, though, as it all might get a bit nerdy, LOL. But they are gathered in a playlist on my YT channel.

edited September 2019
    Summer is gone, vacation is history! It means I'm back home to work on the 2nd season of my video series As Sims Go By, Not a lot of viewers watched the 1st season, but I got enough good feedback to keep me going. Season 2 will have 5 episodes, there will be one main story aside of the Council, and - each episode will be cut from 22 minutes to 16 minutes. A little less time needed to get the series going forward with a new episode more or less monthly.

se2-promo.jpg

Later this September you will find out what Claudia Tangerin is up to this time...

While you wait, season 1 (6 episodes) can be found here.
    Hello! I'm breaking the silence with a quick promo video to inform you that 2nd season of my video series As Sims Go By is on its way!

First episode is practically ready, so the wait should be no longer than a week. This season has 5 episodes, each lasting about 16 minutes. The 5th episode will air before end of December. Stay tuned! :)

edited October 2019
    Finally - here is Season 2 of my video series As Sims Go By! This is first of 5 episodes this season, expect a new edition every 4th week or so. In this season you will also get my take on the Villareal story of Windenburg. Enjoy!

Post edited by Simmerville on
    I'm making a new series of how-i-play videos, called «My Business». In my game there are many sims having jobs that are not fully recognized by the game. Because I arrange the wages via bank transfers, the job offices can be on any community lot - as long as there are a few random customers, I don't need to categorize the lot.

In the first episode Anaya Jang tells about the opening of her Salon Orchid where she works as a Stylist with a different approach...

Hello! My HIP Prime tv-shows are perhaps not real Machinima, but still, it's meant to be both entertaining and inspirational, so I'll share the latest addition here :)

It's all about education. Not University but High Schools. I have a detailed routine for this in my game, where teens can specialize on certain skills at one of four additional High Schools, for 3 years. It's a good runner up to University too, as my most ambitious sims will get prepared. And - my private schools cost way more than Uni (which is way too cheap), too :)

Here's episode 2 of my ongoing soap series As Sims Go By. This time one focus is investments, which is actually a working thing in my game. Many locals do invest their savings in shares. In this episode you get one step closer to my take on the Villareal story, and there are lots of challenges for the main characters, including Victor, Fanny and Joanna. And although I don't have Discover University yet, Britechester is mentioned, LOL :)

Enjoy!

Dear Simmerville. I still believe that your As Sims Go By series deserves far more attention ;)
    A couple of unexpected babies where the genes speak for themselves.....
    I'm excited about what it entails in the future :smile:
    Dear Simmerville. I still believe that your As Sims Go By series deserves far more attention ;)
    A couple of unexpected babies where the genes speak for themselves.....
    I'm excited about what it entails in the future :smile:

Thanks @MonaSolstraale :) So glad that you are still watching! I love anything genes, every time a baby is born in my game I can't wait to see how genetics come to play. Those babies you refer to were normally born, genes were decided by game not by my plot, he-he (but I was double lucky).
    Yay, after weeks of playing DU, holidays and more, I final fund time to complete a new episode of my video series As Sims Go By! So much is going on, and this time the shy Wilhelmina gets lost (poor thing!), there's a party at Chateau Cavalier, and there's focus on University in several ways. Jill N. Potterfield is now officially investigating the Villareal backstory (my take on it, that is).

I really hope for more viewers! I think it's okay to watch these 16 minutes even if you are new to the series, but - there are certain "between the lines" events that might get lost unless you already know the story lines roughly. If you like series, why not start from the beginning? This series will not stop anytime soon :)