Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with CC or Vanilla?

Comments

• Pancakes5680Pancakes5680 Posts: 4 New Member
    While the only mod I use is MCCC, I have a ton of maxis match cc. In my opinion, the game just feels so much fuller and more varied with cc; without it, everything starts looking the same after a while.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Almost vanilla. No mods and the only CC I use is CAS items (hair, nails and body hair)
  • KaiSamaKaiSama Posts: 8 New Member
    i have a TON of cc, but i only have CAS items. the only build mode cc i have is some cute fairy lights and the photostudio stuff for pose player. also the teleport any sim thingy, that is a must!
  • meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    I won't play without MCCC and a few other quality-of-life mods. I'm very selective about CC. There are a few creators whose content generally looks good in the game and doesn't cause problems. I don't like alpha hairstyles so I mostly play with MAXIS hair, and only use MAXIS match when I want some variety.

I don't go crazy, and I stick to supported mods, so upkeep isn't a deal breaker for me.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Vanilla. I use a few mods to fix issues I don't like and change the CAS Background, but that's it. I have five things in my mods folder that weren't there when I downloaded the game.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• BobtheMinion01BobtheMinion01 Posts: 8 New Member
    I have only just started using cc and it is great for decorating houses but the only problem is that som items the sims cannot use and will not know that it is there.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    I have only just started using cc and it is great for decorating houses but the only problem is that som items the sims cannot use and will not know that it is there.

It could be that you need to run the object batch fixes at Sims 4 Studio for older items to work properly in your game. A free membership is required to download the program.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Vanilla
  • PuppylikeswhalePuppylikeswhale Posts: 22 Member
    Ccs are good. But I go with vanilla whenever I want my sim to blend with other townies.
  • NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    I use mods and cc I couldn’t play my game without it
  • TheSimlifeeTheSimlifee Posts: 6 New Member
    I usually play with CC to make certain things look more realistic - in addition to this, I really believe Sims should add different kinds of noses and ways you can fiddle with it to get what you're looking for.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I have some CC, mostly hair for my female sims, and a ton of mods that either add new gameplay or fix existing issues with gameplay.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Cc and Mods all the way, but I tend to keep my cc mostly of a maxis match type.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimmingAspieSimmingAspie Posts: 25 Member
    This might be an unpopular opinion (I know it is on r/thesims on Reddit :# ) but I adore alpha cc. The Maxis hair is one of the things that put me off the Sims 4 for several years - the other reasons being no toddlers and no colour wheel. But now that I've got it I'm really enjoying it.

My game is modded up the the eyeballs just like my Sims 3 game is, and I wouldn't play any other way. One of the things that convinced me to get the Sims 4 was the mods available to make darker, more adult storylines possible. So yeah I'm the sadistic kind of Sims player :D
  • SimmingAspieSimmingAspie Posts: 25 Member
    > @TheSimlifee said:
    >I really believe Sims should add different kinds of noses and ways you can fiddle with it to get what you're looking for.

I totally agree, when I tried to make my Simself I couldn't get the nose to stick out far enough! :D :|
  • TheSilentWindTheSilentWind Posts: 9 New Member
    I use CC so I can get what I want in the game that I can't have in real life.
  • IcyDragonessIcyDragoness Posts: 27 New Member
    Vanilla to me seems too... boring for me. Too limited i'd say too. I have a ton of CCs to make for a more interesting dynamic of characters and families. And the fact that im making a house for some roleplay characters justs makes CCs that much more attractive to me
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    I don't use any CC, just vanilla game.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    I try to use as little CC as possible but i sometimes find replacement for things that were in past games but have not been made for ts4 like showers without walls etc also try to keep the original game look though and not go too wild with cc

and if i have mods i have like one at time and then uninstall it when i have had enough fun with it

(since i enjoy some dark npc killing concepts in my game that ea would never have just kind of, sometimes u need to get rid of sims and there isn't that many ways to die so...)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    vanilla and cc! I go back and forth. :)
    Post edited by EnjoyfulSimmer on
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Emily_Comry010308Emily_Comry010308 Posts: 2 New Member
    I am a console player and would like to be able to use cc but I am forced to use vanilla if sims can find a way to put these things for console players it would be very appreciated
  • CheiriPixieCheiriPixie Posts: 80 Member
    Vanilla all the way! Creations look very different CC vs non cc and there are many that want to have pretty sims without CC.

Plus too much bugs and crashes.
  • ellisellis Posts: 16 Member
    I play with CC. you get more possibilities with modding your game and i love having more freedom when i play
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I love cc! <3
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Both, I just put all my CC back in after maybe a month and a half of vanilla