Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Spoiler] Having two "mothers" in the same save and more Strangerville retcons

EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
In the uninhabited regions of Sixam , preferably nearby swamps, there grows a perfectly normal plant.
02.03.19_14-59-053pkgv.jpg
It is peaceful. It communicates with other plantlife.
02.03.19_15-01-55o0k5z.jpg
And it isn't averse to talking to a joined expedition of humans and Sixamites.
02.03.19_15-00-33zlkn9.jpg
Except if you are rude. In this case, well, you can see.
02.03.19_15-03-0096k3t.jpg
Too bad this new airport needs to get build and right here...
02.03.19_15-04-09qhj3h.jpg

Notes:
- This setup utilizes bb.enablefreebuild and bb.showhiddenobjects.
- MOTHER is fully functional.
- Play the story normally, but when you have passed the deepest door, ignore the ingame motherplant. Instead pretend you have found a map that leads to Sixam and start working on your wormhole or spaceship
- Optionally: To get more than one sim to Sixam, first take one and teleport in the other household members by any cheat or mod you like (I use the Teleport Any Sim statue).
Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited March 2019
    Something has invaded the fairys' sanctuary.
    02.03.19_15-23-341sjvd.jpg
    Something huge. Something evil. Where it dwells, trees die.
    02.03.19_15-25-3731jem.jpg
    As darkness spreads, the brave Knights of the Hedge pledge to help the fairies.
    02.03.19_15-26-3218jas.jpg
    The monster lashes out at them!
    02.03.19_15-26-59c6ko1.jpg
    Do mere mortals even have chance against this creature...?
    02.03.19_15-27-37nwjkk.jpg

Notes:
    - Same as in the first post, but skip the whole science lab and Strangerville part
    - Instead "accidently discover" MOTHER behind the tree in Willow Creek
    - The monster revives each generation anew
    - Or just ignore the story altogether and build a cult
    - Works best for fantasy saves and legacys
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I <3 this!!!

Currently working on designing a challenge for myself involving Strangerville. It is so much fun to see what others are doing with the resources in this pack.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I love this! I think I'll try something similar with vampires
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    OMG I never saw this thread. This is awesome. Question can you have the mother in multiple areas and will it mess up your game in anyway if you defeat her somewhere? Can you defeat this one?

I have as much fun playing her with cults and fantasy so I might never defeat her if I do this in other games but wondering.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited March 2019
    The pictures are from a screenshots-only-then-exit-without-saving session, so I do not know if having several MOTHERs will mess with your game longterm. But I could attack the debug versions and would have been able to initiate the bossfight if I had carried vaccines/vaccinated sims.

In my rotational save I have the dead one in the lab and a living one at San Myshuno Meadows and so far everything works fine. (Storywise she transfered her consciousness to an infected who planted a new body for her in Detroit.)

tumblr_pnx3ji7Dqy1t1fm14o1_1280.jpg

The new MOTHER has all the post-story options for setting weirdness. Sims start at a full red relationship bar with her even if they had befriended the old MOTHER before. Not going to defeat her again anytime soon in this save <3 Just look at how happy she is under the open sky! And she gives her blessings so we treat her well o:)

tumblr_inline_pnx6arptKG1sregb9_500.jpg

(I'm back at my PC in 4 hours, then I can plant a few more and go at them in a test save to see what happens.)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    If I could give you 10 awesomes, I would! The mother looks right at home on Sixam!!
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I'd love mothers in all my towns, mwahahaha! Great ideas!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    Okay I'm going to have eventual plans to clear the island of Windenburg... The Mother goes in the middle lot and all of her subjects can live around her :). Good deal.
    egTcBMc.png
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Okay I'm going to have eventual plans to clear the island of Windenburg... The Mother goes in the middle lot and all of her subjects can live around her :). Good deal.

Imagine getting shipwrecked on that island, lol.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

edited March 2019
    @Hermitgirl @citysimmer
    So now we know why the castle on the Bluffs was deserted. I do not play with the terrain tools (not a builder at all), but someone more talented might replace the pool with a pit >:)

Okay, here are the results of my testing:

More than 1 mother in world

- Placed a second MOTHER in Forgotten Hollow and could fight her with my existing team
    - 1 zombie was generated by the game
    - However, I had cleared the story in that save, so there were no zombies left and I also have the newly updated npc control mod in. If you already have more than 1 zombie, chances are more than 1 will appear
    - Relationships were tracked seperately for the Forgotten Hollow and the San Myshuno MOTHER
    - Only the one on the currently active lot was displayed in the relationship-panel, though

More than 1 mother at the same lot

- Jacques married anew and the Villareal kids have 2 MOTHERs now

10.03.19_21-42-13odkt8.jpg
    Picture: "Get off my lawn, upstart!!! Jacques only loves me!!!"

- Both homelot MOTHERs show up correctly in the relationship panel
    - Remembering there was a bug with the SmartSpeaker and relationships I switched to another household and visited the Villareal with those sims. The lot loaded correctly, but there was some lag during the loading

unbenannt3pji8.jpg
    Picture: Luna Villareal and her two evil stepmothers with the seperately tracked relationships

- My sims were able to vaccinate each other, but could not recruit the vaccinated sims for the fight. The option just didn't come up.
    - I sent them to Strangerville, could still not recruit
    - I requested maximum weirdness, could still not recruit, neither in Windenburg nor in Strangerville

10.03.19_21-56-52hlkai.jpg
    Picture: "This is so boring, could you make things a little weird, please, darling? Like, maximum weird?"

- Brought my old team in, they could attack
    - Only one plant got animated, but the sims attacked both equally
    - Due to my plants sitting too close to each other my main sim could not join the fight, but he could gove orders to the others
    - Again, 1 zombie was spawned. The one from the fight before didn't appear.
    - For some reason my team didn't receive infection, the bar remained at zero. They had received infection normally during the fight in Forgotten Hollow.
    - When MOTHER's health reached near zero, the fight looped and no further health was subtracted for 2 sim days
    - After that I exit without saving. By then one sim had gone to work and returned and the cat had run away resulting in everyone becoming incredibly sad

10.03.19_22-03-07aojz5.jpg
    Picture: Weeding in the Villareal household has become an experience.
    Wow that's a lot of testing.
    Great info too :).
    I think if I make a cult of the mother anywhere else I'll start in a new save to be safe.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited March 2019
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Wow that's a lot of testing.
    Any excuse for taking more screenshots with my new favourite npc ;)

So can Mother infect other towns if you put her there?
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I love seeing all this crazy :p
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    LOVE it, OP gave me a wonderful idea for my Sixam. Thank you.🐱
    fullspiral wrote: »

Unfortunately not. Requesting weirdness in any town only ever maked Strangerville weird.
    fullspiral wrote: »

Unfortunately not. Requesting weirdness in any town only ever maked Strangerville weird.

It's all good. Although, it would have been fun to make Newcrest in to "Stepford Wives" :D I suppose I can still do that by giving them bizzarre fruit though.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    This is brilliant! I especially love the Sixam one. <3 Thank you for sharing your test results!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    edited March 2019
    Gah, I love all this info and it’s really making my brain churn.

Between Hermitgirl’s cult talk, this info, my own weakness for ‘but the bad monster was just MISUNDERSTOOD’ plots (as long as done well) and blasting ‘Soft Universe’ by Aurora non stop while suffering from a flu and being loopy, I got this idea to basically have the mother be the goddess of an alien planet and her possession to be kinda legit religious possession to that planet.

Mother just goes a lil’ wild if her children are harmed and she isn’t taken care of properly, and being poked at with things and having pieces stripped off her.

And since plants can clone themselves from a cutting, I figured the one on sim-earth was the result of aliens from a rival planet trying to steal Mother’s power for themselves from a cutting, then they crashed into what is now the crater. They died, she did not.

I’m now gonna have this whole other plotline which results in ten years down the road after the main events of the aspiration, aliens coming to seek out the revived mother sproutling (the OG mother is about 3x her size) and dragging our hero who killed her, the kid (now YA) who rezzed her, and everyone who has been keeping her a secret the past decade into basically intergalactic drama.

And seeing this tested brings me IDEAS for a lot of fun, fun stuff to do with this idea. How many mothers are out there?
    (the OG mother is about 3x her size)
    Imagine that literally! Have you tried sizing her up or down yet? It would probably look weird in combination with the pit from debug, but I prefer my motherplant freestanding, so I think it's worth a try.
    (the OG mother is about 3x her size)
    Imagine that literally! Have you tried sizing her up or down yet? It would probably look weird in combination with the pit from debug, but I prefer my motherplant freestanding, so I think it's worth a try.

Im going to try either today or tomorrow- I figure with enough deco and move objects to mask some things it might work.... I just haven’t gotten to that part of the story yet (though I designed one of the alien Priests of the Mother who is having multiple fits over the fact that she was KILLED and oh god they were FLAYING HER LIMBS and is having to reconcile that this Mother is too deeply rooted and can’t be moved, and has her own ‘priesthood’ and oh god they are going to have to make treaties with Sixam now to establish a colony on this planet because humans won’t know how to treat Mother- aaaand getting off topic).

I figure if scaling up won’t work I can just use some very creative camera angles. And I’m considering where would be best to place her when they visit the Mother plant homeworld.
    SO, I FINALLY TESTED IT. Was finally in build mode and went into debug and BAM.

Normal size mama-
    nQxdd2j.jpg

BIG mama (2 hits up- I could grow her until she filled the entire lot).
    oE4XIPd.jpg

And smol mama with sims in background to compare.

Jgu7wxk.jpg

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Honestly so cool that you can place the mother plant on other lots. Definitely makes things interesting and she seems right at home being on sixam. :)

Has anyone tried placing her in the GTW lot in the scientist career?
    5vJrxmT.png
  • AnnyeAnnye Posts: 25 New Member
    > @EnkiSchmidt said:
    > @Hermitgirl @citysimmer
    > So now we know why the castle on the Bluffs was deserted. I do not play with the terrain tools (not a builder at all), but someone more talented might replace the pool with a pit >:)
    >
    > Okay, here are the results of my testing:
    >
    > More than 1 mother in world
    >
    > - Placed a second MOTHER in Forgotten Hollow and could fight her with my existing team
    > - 1 zombie was generated by the game
    > - However, I had cleared the story in that save, so there were no zombies left and I also have the newly updated npc control mod in. If you already have more than 1 zombie, chances are more than 1 will appear
    > - Relationships were tracked seperately for the Forgotten Hollow and the San Myshuno MOTHER
    > - Only the one on the currently active lot was displayed in the relationship-panel, though
    >
    > More than 1 mother at the same lot
    >
    > - Jacques married anew and the Villareal kids have 2 MOTHERs now
    >
    >
    > Picture: "Get off my lawn, upstart!!! Jacques only loves me!!!"
    >
    > - Both homelot MOTHERs show up correctly in the relationship panel
    > - Remembering there was a bug with the SmartSpeaker and relationships I switched to another household and visited the Villareal with those sims. The lot loaded correctly, but there was some lag during the loading
    >
    >
    > Picture: Luna Villareal and her two evil stepmothers with the seperately tracked relationships
    >
    > - My sims were able to vaccinate each other, but could not recruit the vaccinated sims for the fight. The option just didn't come up.
    > - I sent them to Strangerville, could still not recruit
    > - I requested maximum weirdness, could still not recruit, neither in Windenburg nor in Strangerville
    >
    >
    > Picture: "This is so boring, could you make things a little weird, please, darling? Like, maximum weird?"
    >
    > - Brought my old team in, they could attack
    > - Only one plant got animated, but the sims attacked both equally
    > - Due to my plants sitting too close to each other my main sim could not join the fight, but he could gove orders to the others
    > - Again, 1 zombie was spawned. The one from the fight before didn't appear.
    > - For some reason my team didn't receive infection, the bar remained at zero. They had received infection normally during the fight in Forgotten Hollow.
    > - When MOTHER's health reached near zero, the fight looped and no further health was subtracted for 2 sim days
    > - After that I exit without saving. By then one sim had gone to work and returned and the cat had run away resulting in everyone becoming incredibly sad
    >
    >
    > Picture: Weeding in the Villareal household has become an experience.

seriously, that is my idea. Use the bluffs thing as a dominated-by-nature thing and have plant sims make a war against simmanity
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    edited June 2019
    Haha, this is awesome! Bookmarked, I've been looking for a new way to wreak havoc in some of my saves, my sims have just been a little too comfortable as of late >:)