Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Throwing a party with Mods installed

Can anyone give me some insight on how to throw a party/throw a party at with mods installed? When I select either option, it brings up a list of "guest invite options" and every one that I choose (even though I have no idea what the heck I am choosing), I always get the (basically) "you don't know enough sims" but yet I have a crap load of friends on my friends list.

Is there any way to disable this feature in the mod (and no, I have no idea what Mod it's part of lol) so that I get the old way back of inviting guests? Thanks :)
Origin: BeeC1977
Twitter: @Bee77

Comments

• Options
    bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    *FIXED* Figured it out :) I had to select "Party Guests" from the list...duh! That makes sense lol
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2015
    Glad you figured it out, but there are more things you can do from that screen. I assume you are using NRaas MasterController to throw that party. The "Party Guests" filter would present you with the list of sims that would be able to invite the EA way, without MC's involvement. Usually those are sims the host knows and are friends with.

If you want the list to be more expansive rather than restrictive, select something like Not Active. That would allow you to invite anyone in town (since your own household's sims wouldn't need to be invited anyway). Or you could choose to restrict to only teens. Or only teen males who are Libras and who work at the Diner, etc. (eventually with too many restrictions though you will get the no one left to invite error) :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Glad you figured it out, but there are more things you can do from that screen. I assume you are using NRaas MasterController to throw that party. The "Party Guests" filter would present you with the list of sims that would be able to invite the EA way, without MC's involvement. Usually those are sims the host knows and are friends with.

If you want the list to be more expansive rather than restrictive, select something like Not Active. That would allow you to invite anyone in town (since your own household's sims wouldn't need to be invited anyway). Or you could choose to restrict to only teens. Or only teen males who are Libras and who work at the Diner, etc. (eventually with too many restrictions though you will get the no one left to invite error) :)

Ooh... I never knew that! It's time for a party for the people who work with my sim :D
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    Arapi112Arapi112 Posts: 5 New Member
    @igazor But the thing is, the “party guests” filter does NOT present you with the list of sims you can invite to your party the EA way. Without the mod, you can invite any sims that any of your household members knows, and NOT just the sims that the host knows. I want to be able to invite sims that another household member knows (like certain family members that the host has never met before).
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Arapi112 wrote: »
    @igazor But the thing is, the “party guests” filter does NOT present you with the list of sims you can invite to your party the EA way. Without the mod, you can invite any sims that any of your household members knows, and NOT just the sims that the host knows. I want to be able to invite sims that another household member knows (like certain family members that the host has never met before).
    Hi there. Not sure I am understanding the issue here, with MC you can choose to invite anyone in town that you care to. Most of our users find that they would rather the lists be more inclusive than exclusive, then they can decide for themselves whom to invite. If you really want the EA experience on the invite interface, that can be arranged by not having the MC Integration module in play and doing the invitation by phone.

But this thread is from almost four years ago. If you are continuing to have trouble getting the party invite lists presented in the way that you want, perhaps you could bring the issue to us at NRaas and we can help over there? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Arapi112 wrote: »

I think you can disable that feature. Have you tried setting: City hall or any computer>NRaas>MasterController>Settings>Use Party Filter to False? Default is True
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2015, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top