March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If there is a 'The Sims 5' what year should it be announced, and what year should it be released?

DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
I am giving you several options, please treat this as one question. Also, remember, they could give lots of small hints and small gifs and trailers, and they could ask us to do Surveys to get our thoughts on certain things.

If there is a 'The Sims 5' what year should it be announced, and what year should it be released? 295 votes

Announcement 2019, Release 2020.
7%
aelias24NianaalexandreafriendlysimmersSusiechannevena1193PupDLSdoogerieMindlessGamerGrlkphillips2977SavvySimmiegoldann25dirtyDAgustín Cornejoabelhinha35JPsimmerLady_Balloraizecsongemjas[Deleted User] 23 votes
Announcement 2020 release 2021.
24%
auroraael14CK213mikepapaycikcatmom1987icmnfrshStardust123AlrynnamchristianAuroraBoreallisAlexizeANNETTE1951IObelleMoon_WillowCinebar3fansforeveralanmichael1isaiahzayKaeChan2089R0bertaSk8rblaze 73 votes
Announcement 2020 release 2022.
21%
Akl500Prudy8292alexspoom13PlayerSinger2010Writin_RegbabajaynePipersfun2IrdiwenfreindlylolJestTruApparentlyAwesomezagboorulesjaymancrazfmilKalaniCoolSakia90wrenstalestaydevCeCeDotCaityTrina 63 votes
Announcement 2021 release 2023.
17%
GRIMMYLeGardePourprejaletu2005MsMaysimgirl1010Jnyxmock68PegasyssimmietimeKhrisstyneJoybearrteamjenbixtersCAITLINX354Bettyboop55TomaTericatitude5saddiejean19964luxsylvanEvaliyn 52 votes
Announcement 2022 release 2024.
6%
Isb917Yautjagirlierolovrr31kolosreceEmmaVaneladybugjosie23Winifred_WillowrjssimPotterheadSimLouise_G0325RedSunBluesTS1299WolfiumDrakosSaintcStarDreamerAncientcivDaWaterRatSleepstarMak27 20 votes
Announcement 2023 release 2025.
21%
IcewolfErja888IceyJfruitsmisSimburianSuccySimQueenie9Mariefoxprice83AnyahsDevSims91catloverplayermlmeadowsdetermigBimleSimdavina1221DragonAge_300905BabykittyjademittenkitterambahadoerIvyeyed 64 votes

Comments

• SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 334 Member
    Release would be in 2022 if they continue with the three more years for TS4 thing, but the announcement should be in 2021 though and not in 2020.
  • DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    Release would be in 2022 if they continue with the three more years for TS4 thing, but the announcement should be in 2021 though and not in 2020.

Ok, do you mind if I ask why you think they should announce in 2021?
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I've been through this 4 times already. Sims 5's base game would have to be spectacular to tempt me, especially since I know full well that the base game will feel restricted after a while, since I'm used to playing with extra packs. With both Sims 3 and Sims 4 I ended up playing the new game for a while, then going back to the previous iteration for quite a long time because I missed the extra content.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    It'd have to be really good for me to get it. I knew what they were leaving out of ts4 at the start and it made me hesitate. I wasn't going to pay $60+ for what would be, to me, half a game. They've improved 4, so would hopefully continue to do so with 5.

Off topic, but how are we so close to the 20s?! Most of my life has been spent in the 21st century, so it never felt like... futuristic, I guess, to me. But seeing dates like "2023" looks so...like whoa. Idk maybe it's just me. 😅
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    I put announcement 2020 and release in 2022 because that's the closest one to what I think it will be. I think more likely it will be announced in 2021 and released in 2022 but that's not on the poll.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    edited March 2019
    I really think they need seasons in the base game.
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member

Knowing EA they won't ever do it unless they run out of selling point feature ideas for ts5 which they probably won't.
    TS5's base game will at most include random rains and storms (like TS2 Castaway and Urbz: Sims in the city)
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    edited March 2019
    I voted for it to be released in 2023. I think at the earliest it will be 2022, but that's honestly pushing in, in my opinion. I could, of course, be wrong. It's just a guess. But, I feel like they've got a good few years of content left already planned out and being prepared for release. At the very least two. And, why would they spend money and time restarting the franchise when Sims 4 is still doing really well? Once people start getting bored of Sims 4 and it isnt selling they'll reboot it. But, honestly, I dont think that will happen for another four years. They've got time. There are still plenty of people buying each pack immediately as it comes out. Sure, other versions didn't run for 8 years before giving out, but I honestly feel like this version is still going strong. Why kill what still sells?
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited March 2019
    If the whole "still three more years of TS4 content" is to be believed, then we'd still have content up to 2021, meaning TS5 would probably be announced next year and release in 2022, a year after the last batch of TS4 content, much like TS2&3 were.

I sincerely hope EA will include some staple content as base game though like Seasons, Toddlers... I don't think anyone else has the patience to wait 3 years after TS5 is released for Seasons etc, especially considering how slow content was/is for TS4.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    knowing ea it will be like the sims4 that was annouce around 2016 relalise in 2017
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Kitty NapKitty Nap Posts: 11 New Member
    why do people want sims 5 so badly? i just want sims 4 to have improvements, any game can be "saved" but to me sims 4 is already the best sims game, i just think it needs some fixes, and some extra packs. i dont want them to stray away from the cartoon art style they've gone for.
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    Kitty Nap wrote: »
    why do people want sims 5 so badly? i just want sims 4 to have improvements, any game can be "saved" but to me sims 4 is already the best sims game, i just think it needs some fixes, and some extra packs. i dont want them to stray away from the cartoon art style they've gone for.
    Yeah. I love the cartoony style. I avoid realistic cc and such because it just isnt my style. I'm not playing for real life.

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    edited March 2019
    kittyNap some players are kind of ready to move on to the next generation of the sims franchise altough it is still unknown if they will annouce it this year at the 2019 eagame play or the 2019 e3 event
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited March 2019
    kittyNap some players are kind of ready to move on to the next generation of the sims franchise altough it is still unknown if they will annouce it this year at the 2019 eagame play or the 2019 e3 event

EA has already announced that there won’t be an EA Play press conference this year.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png

Knowing EA they won't ever do it unless they run out of selling point feature ideas for ts5 which they probably won't.
    TS5's base game will at most include random rains and storms (like TS2 Castaway and Urbz: Sims in the city)

All the more reason for me not to feel compelled to buy, then. I just think that it will need to have something really special to tempt me. We had to wait a very long time for Seasons this time around.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I think it is a very big if about getting a TS5 for pc at all.

Given the company has stated they have enough planned work for TS4 for at least two years I can't see any announcement about a successor before then. I agree there are likely to be plenty of hints but there will be nothing specific before then because of the non disclosure rules the company now works to. So far there has been nothing to suggest any activity on development of a new version to the franchise (that could be treated with any credence IMO).

If they do decide to go for another version I hope they find a way to resolve the differences between TS3 and TS4 players, so that the new game is totally inclusive, flexible and sandbox. It would be lovely to have a united sims community again.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It should have been announced last year and we should be getting it this year but, you know, TS4 has to have a bit more focus doesn't it!

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Grant said 3 years of planned stuff. In recent tweets he talks of the possibility of more story type packs which I'm guessing are not part of that planned content as they were waiting to see how Strangerville did. So they are continuing to plan for content on top of the 3 years of planned packs.

I think Sims 4 will be around for awhile.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    elelunicy wrote: »

EA has already announced that there won’t be an EA Play press conference this year.

Pretty sure it's still happening just not a press conference but a bunch of streams.

https://www.ea.com/eaplay2019
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Actually they announce games one tear before release, not 2. It Will probably bem announced in 2021 and release in 2022, not 2023. Sims 4 Will probably end with 8 years, 4 more years than Sims 1/2/3 had.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    They até beber going to announced the game 2 years before release, It would hurt Sims 4 last packs sales.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I think we will get an announcement at the end if the year even if it is just wow are working on the Sims 5 I expect a release late next year or early 2021. 2020 is the 20th anaversy of the Sims so there will probably be somthing big happing then .
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Actually they announce games one tear before release, not 2. It Will probably bem announced in 2021 and release in 2022, not 2023. Sims 4 Will probably end with 8 years, 4 more years than Sims 1/2/3 had.

And still less content?

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg