Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share WINNERS' CIRCLE: Find out results and discuss the entries here!

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    YEW12tS.png

Advanced Results for #208 Fall Showdown

@suzses
    p6bx37G.png
    I love the interesting pieces over the windows and the way you highlighted the windows with lighter wood running vertically. I also love all the outside areas, the mix of autumn colored trees and vegetation that really add a warm appeal to the lot, and that interesting shaped pool. Inside, I seriously love the soft color palette and the inclusion of that extra brick wall which helps separate the living and dining area from the entry and study space you created. Hands down, you win the interior design portion! My only suggestion is that you had a large budget and didn’t add any window coverings, though I know the view is awesome and it’s a small island.

@creativemetaphor
    75m6Kws.jpg
    Your architectural design skills are amazing! I love the shape and texture and layout of your lot and buildings. This is your specialty! I specifically like the way you turned the bath into a food storage panty, blocked the space between kitchen and living area with fireplaces, and added outhouses (inside too). I often find the mix of varying patterns within a room really distracting and discordant, though I’m fairly certain that is the vibe you were going for here. However, you did such an overwhelming unified look on the outside with all those mixes of wallpaper that I was left wanting to see that on the inside as well.

@iampes23
    g4mST7N.jpg
    You have really developed landscaping skills. I can tell that you love landscaping! I love the stream and its environs as well as all the varied colors and types of vegetation. Also, turning the house around gives you a great back patio area! Inside, you have great CAP talent: I love the living room wallpaper and the stone kitchen and bath. My one wish was that you had made that bridge into an arched one or made some kind of covering over it. The straight railings seem to lend themselves to adding an overhanging of some sort, like using a column and adding fencing crisscrossing on top.

@mederouin
    img]
    I love the way you added that half gable? roof with those diagonal windows and the full run of windows down the side! You’ve made a very fun and chaotic place with a surf pool and fountain that any sim will love. Inside, I like the layout with the kitchen in the back room and dining room right next to it, and that’s a perfect spot for a bathroom. My favorite part of your design is the way you added that wave mural around a corner. It’s awesome that way. You were going for a really laid-back surfer scene, which I think you achieved well. My question to you is, “Why didn’t you carry on the edging around the brick walkway to follow around the pool as well?” The brick looks flat against the grass – very 2D – and the edging would add that 3D pop.

3gHHX7s.png
    H9qWuz3.jpg

And the winner is... @suzses, who excelled in all three categories - interior design, architecture, and landscaping.
    2nd Place goes to: @creativemetaphor, who truly mastered the architectural design aspect.

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Okay, work on my bridge building! Gotcha ! ;) thanks for the suggestion--it does look a bit boring.

Great job everyone--and what fun builds!
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Congrats @suzses on a fantastic win, and everyone else for their beautiful entries!

@buildnshare
    I often find the mix of varying patterns within a room really distracting and discordant, though I’m fairly certain that is the vibe you were going for

It wasn't, and I confess I don't see the discord. Perhaps simply a differing taste :)
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Thanks @creativemetaphor . Congrats to you, too. Your build was wonderful. There were lots of interesting takes on this past challenge.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Results for #209 Twas the Month of December

@iampes23
    MsCe1ZG.jpg
    I love the way you alternated the flower and wood bedroom wallpaper, that pretty red and white tiling in one kitchen and that gorgeous multi-colored tile on the wall in the other kitchen. You offered lots of entertainment and thoroughly thought out all the areas with perfect clutter and nice detailing. I wondered about the practicality of the wood stored two floors below the fireplace (as it would be so much easier and fewer stairs to just go outside for it) but maybe there is a wood-burning furnace down there?
    Your family is awesome with whimsical fairy elves. Nice touch! I enjoy the putting out fires pictures as well.

@suzes
    ohYXbZG.jpg
    I really, really, really love that soft wood you used on the exterior and floors! I also love the way you divided the open spaces downstairs with the central fireplace. What a great idea and execution to combine the stable and workshop that way and I really like the paneled ceiling there! I thought the workshop kitchen could use just a little more pop of color like a wall shelf over the fridge (though I know that sometimes causes routing issues) or a nice fruit bowl on the corner cupboard or some flowers, but that’s probably just a personal opinion as I do love your style and color choices.

I absolutely love your family and the way you presented them with individual shots and great action pictures. Bushy and Twinkle are my favorites, though I love the look on Alva’s face as she’s listening to Bushy play the violin. The white cat picture seems an abstract of Twinkle and fits in so well.

@Lilypink79
    gW3Mkpi.jpg
    I absolutely love the mix of wood and stone and the way you made the bell tower! The balance between tall paned window and the column porch works well and I like the mix of colors carried through on the stairs. That wood and hay storage is simply genius! It’s an utterly charming build with cozy rooms, beautiful landscaping, and lots of lovely ins and outs to the architecture. I would have loved to see the upstairs bunk bed floor a bit less golden and more of a matching hue to the wall panels, but, maybe I just like things a bit more matching than most.
    I would have loved to see more action pictures of your family. I love that the elves have a different skin tone. That was a great idea!

@paneinger
    XmxA0BK.jpg
    Gorgeous home! Love its indoor/outdoor areas and its mix of wood, brick, stucco, and glass. It’s reminiscent of Swiss chalet and rustic mountain home at the same time with a lovely color palette.

You’ve made it entirely impossible to pick a winner. Merry Christmas to all and to all a perfect score!

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited March 2019
    Results for #210 Life After Life

@chrispugmire
    LBYMKpp.jpg
    Love the old wood floors used throughout! Wow, that entertainment room will certainly accommodate a lot of Sims - nice space: I love the wood panels interspersed with the red! Nice large kitchen and I love your use of those arches throughout, which adds to the continuity. I particularly like your merging of the red and white curtains by the coffin. Adding tiles to your ceilings would add a lot to the atmosphere.

@iampes23
    img
    Lovely old wood building on that stone foundation! I would love that white modern kitchen that is quite a contrast to the outside! I love your use of the free brick X wall in the bathroom and the other free wall paper in the study – it goes well with that art deco look. Love all the antiquities and artwork on display! On another note, considering how important the butler’s job is, I would have given him a bit nicer, roomier room.

@Lilypink79
    xvaHPhy.jpg
    I really, really, really love the way you used those ruins and gravestone, and that you enter into such a spacious foyer – I love that wallpaper and ceiling! What a long dining table - I love those chairs! I love the kitchen with the red counters against the gray tile and walls in the same way I enjoy the soft purple coloring amidst the gray in other rooms. I love the attention to detail with ceiling in all the rooms. For me, I would like to see more continuity of floor tiles and ceilings, if not wallpaper style, to help with flow from room to room like you did from the dining room to the bar and the kitchen to the bath.

@mederouin
    ficDVz1.jpg
    I love the idea of an old silo and that you have to go to the back to get in (though I do wish there was a roof over the stairs – sunlight can get in!) The layout is awesome with perfect flow from room to room. I like the industrial look of the brick in the kitchen and the red and metal in the main bath and in the bar stools and the gorgeous red corner seating. For me, the mix of wallpapers to delineate different spaces could have been more subtle with a bit more of a shared theme.

@missroxor
    xvaHPhy.jpg
    Love the outdoor area with the hidden door under the outdoor seating. The vegetation, rocks, and pond are perfect. Fun bar and dance floor – my favorite spot! I love the way you incorporated fake windows! I also loved the stone façade and that big kitchen island counter. My tip would be to add tiles to the ceiling (or even free wood if budget is a constraint).

And the winner is...

IqNWq3D.png

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    Results for #211 Five x Five

@iampes23
    iWs857A.jpg
    I love house exterior with its calm colors and interesting angles. Great use of those roller coaster columns and the fun floor grates – they add interest with their cutouts and allude to added strength. I also love those round RH windows with the cross design. Inside, it’s a really good use of space with a nice layout for a single sim. Outside, you’ve delineated the areas well and provided quite a lot for your sim to do. One thing you might have tried would be the use of those angled art prism windows, especially on the flat roof section, but possibly interspersed with the angled roofs as well, to make slanted skylights. Really fantastic job!

Faith is very pretty with an interesting retro appeal. I love the work out shots, kitten slippers, and her PI profession which fits in so perfectly to the vampire hunting.

@creativemetaphor
    YFDzPpu.jpg
    Great idea to make a Victorian for a vampire hunter and to use the spiral stairs on the outside to add more floor space! I love the shape of the roof with its tower and gables as well as the balcony and covered porch and the covered area outside. The layout seems very playable and I enjoyed the extra touches like the skeleton and axe. I like seeing the same style of wallpaper with different textures and colors used in different rooms, but too many different textures in one place can be unnerving: for example, the brightly patterned wallpaper in the kitchen fights for attention against the tiled counters, textured towel, painting, and stain glass windows, keeping your eyes in constant movement. A solid color or a more muted wallpaper pattern might make a more inviting kitchen, especially if it matched the blue green in the painting and windows.

I find your version of Faith very appealing in her street smart way, and I loved the cemetery pictures.

@ElleDaes
    rkiN2q1.jpg
    I love the simple angled roof and those glass roof pieces over the patio and the ingenious idea to use garage doors to open up the space. I also love the way you enclosed the outdoor shower, used that tree wall light piece in the bedroom, and have such lovely flowering bushes. The checked wall pattern in the kitchen seems out of place with the more industrial look elsewhere.

Your faith has a very interesting look and I love the meditating shots.

@mederouin
    9HGBOaR.jpg
    A nice modern twist – I love the color and texture of the home and the big corner windows. Interesting use of exterior space as hallways to make more living space inside and the use of the dome to add more windows to the bedroom! I also like that you added the wood burning stove. I wonder if maybe a bleached out gray or burned black wood might have added more to the modern feel.

@missroxor
    5nUGgbi.jpg
    Very spaciously laid out – I love the corner dining and bricked grilling area as well as the nice garden – and how great to have your own pool! It’s great to see an eco home with recycled old containers and a garden roof, but I’d like to see a little more landscaping on the ground level to help with curb appeal and soften the fencing.

@chrispugmire
    3T5B1ry.jpg
    Great use of space with the spiral stairs outside! I like the shape and layout of your floors with their nice railing for the porch and balcony. Your home has nice curb appeal with its pretty red pops of color and flowering bushes. I love your choice of dining table and counters. I’m curious why you kept the old flooring in the main room and used new wood in the bath and bed. I think the new wood would have looked nice in the main room as well.

@suzses
    0XTnxlc.png
    What a simple, straight-forward shape that relies on color for its pop! I love the symmetry, the textures, the layout, and the use of skylights. Your color palette is soft and inviting and you home offers room for a guest or two without traffic/routing issues. I also love the minimal look to the home and landscaping. I looked long and hard for a suggestion and offer this: maybe a curtain for the back patio door and uploaded version to download.

And the winners are...

prSWFvW.png

Congratulations to @suzses , @mederouin and all the entrants! These were some very cool tiny houses and all had stand-out features :)
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2020
    YEW12tS.png

Advanced Results for #212 Settlement for Simanity

@Zincht
    wiq04pJ.jpg
    I like the shape and layout of the building and those nice wood floors. The exterior wood and those slated interior doors were great choices to match with that floor. Though Sims won’t fall off the side of the stairs, I might have added railing (which is free).

@creativemetaphor
    33x9H9r.jpg
    SO2tfFR.jpg
    Great design shape and I love the addition of the Dragon Valley roof piece. Great use of space – particularly the clever spacing of the loft bed over the end of the double bed. I love the subtle brick color in the kitchen and the way the floors and paneled walls blend well with it; but, I find the use of two different brick patterns and colors within the same room, or on the same wall, jarring, and I would have like a little more color pop in the rooms.

@iampes23
    tfkhNjm.jpg
    Nice compact shape with great layout. You really got a lot in with room for a nice-sized family. (Too bad the parents can’t sleep together, but sacrifices must be made!) I think turning the sofa with its back to door and centering it between the two windows facing the room would add more routing space and make the room seem more inviting.

@mederouin
    UUN6itx.jpg
    DgJ5bTt.jpg
    What a great layout with parking spots, flowering bushes, planters, decks, and RVs. I love the shape and ingenuity that went into your builds! The park is truly a fantastic space as well. (The picture of your goats is absolutely adorable as well.). I think continuing the concrete under each deck and just having the grass under the vegetation itself or maybe making the grass real light over the concrete might have alluded to crumbling concrete more.

@suzses
    ehCvhEz.jpg
    Wt1IkVB.jpg
    Great layout, both for the yurts themselves and the settlement. Love that brick wall and the very pretty color palette! It fits your desert community perfectly, right down to the rain barrels. I do wonder how well those fruit trees would grow in the desert, even with irrigation.

3gHHX7s.png

tnl2aNb.png
    And the winner is... @suzses
    2nd Place goes to: @iampes23

3gHHX7s.png

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2020
    YEW12tS.png

Advanced Results for #213 Young Minds

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17048048#Comment_17048048
    NAME: iampes23

The whole build is fun, colorful, and welcoming. Like a circus, it invites children in and gives them permission to play! The inside is so child-friendy, with soft or playful furnishings, more bright colors, and lots of activities.
    I love how much you thought abaout security and safety.
    The areas are well defined without needing a lot of physical separations. I like the fish tank window to the outside play area.
    I love all the 'tumble safe' floor you put in the play area. I think the only thing I would have liked to have seen more of is a little more nature for the kids to get their hands in.

Winner for Advanced entries: @iampes23
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2020

Intermediate Results for #214 The Tables Have Turned

#214 - The Tables Have Turned

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17082683#Comment_17082683
    NAME: Zincht

Great job rebuilding your house! You included so many little details, it was great to see! Even the 'weeds'! You really put the effort in!

Your notes were also great, a mix of descriptive and humorous! They really helped set the 'feel' for many of the areas in the house, not just what they look like but what it's like to live in them.

While I think the expectation was that the builds would have grand changes inside, I like how you made yours very subtle, just 'cleaning up' and swapping out fabrics. It makes it a very realistic/achievable make-over! I really like how you transformed the unfinished attic space into a wonderful family/hobby area, and upgraded the spaces in the basement.

Even so, I think a few more changes might have been nice, such as coordinating some of the furniture more - making the desks similar, or at least a similar wood stain, for example, or having coordinating couches in the living room to make the remodel feel a bit more cohesive and planned.

Without an overhead shot of the floors (even given the descriptive notes) I wasn't sure where some of the rooms were located. We'd love it if you could add a top-down view of all floors to your pictures in future to help us out!

Overall, though, great job! Building real houses in Sims is always a challenge, and you really pulled it off!

Winner for Intermediate: @Zincht
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Intermediate and Advanced resutls for #215 - BREAKING OUT OF THE BOX

ADVANCED ENTRIES

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17138314#Comment_17138314
    NAME: suzses

What a beautiful home. The soft colors are very inviting, the layout is spacious and airy, and everyone has such a beautifully decorated space. The rooms are well laid-out and functional. I especially like all the finishing touches like ensuring the windows have curtains and the use of rugs and little items.

Very imaginitive uses of MOO and using objects outside of the obvious!

I do like that this build can work in several different worlds while maintaining a very dinstinct style and feel. It isn't too generic but also not too specific. Very well done.

I really can't think of much criticism. It's a lovely home!

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17139005#Comment_17139005
    NAME: Mederouin

I do like the bright, fresh colors you used. The darker furniture helps ground the rooms, too
    That's a great kitchen nook! (You're right, that would absolutely be my favorite room in the house) I also like your creative kitchen island.

There are several touches I really appreciated, like the shelf over the bathroom sink with the towels, and your very inventive chandelier at the two-story entry.

I think the only criticism I have is the lack of some 'child-friendly' furniture. I don't see a high chair or potty for the youngest. Gotta make sure the whole family ca be accomodated.

Otherwise, it's a lovely build with a cozy floor plan.

Winner for the Advanced entries: @suzses

INTERMEDIATE ENTRIES

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17139810#Comment_17139810

NAME: ADWilson

Such a colorful home for this family! Thoughtfully laid out for everyone to have good use of the shared space but also good usable personal space as well. I especially like that all three kids' rooms have a well-placed central bathroom to use, and also being entirely separate from the master bedroom.

The whole build is well-finished with little decor items that help the place feel very homey. The little sailboat in the kids' bathroom was a nice touch!

Consider using some of the buydebug lights to help brighten up the pictures. I wish there had been some exterior shots of the side and back and landscaping, as well.

Winner for the Intermediate entries: @ADWilson
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2020
    YEW12tS.png

Advanced Results for #216 - Man Cave

ADVANCED ENTRIES

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17213422#Comment_17213422
    NAME: Chrischris8894

Lovely lot location! Nice and secluded. I like the little 'hut' you have at the front of the lot for garbage and mailbox.

Great use of those stones. Love your creative use of MOO, especially at the table. Nice use of paterns and textures, good furniture choices, really well done all around.

Don't forget to use ceiling coverings, though. Even if you usually don't see it in play mode, it shows up in your images and can really contribute to (or detract from!) the feel of your build.

Also be careful not to use the 'zoom' command in pictures, it stretches the image. It may take a bit of playing with the camera to get the right shot but it looks a lot better.

Optional challenge:

Nean looks awesome in that cave-outfit! Was nice to see him fishing, too. Wish you would have included the other outfits for the complete look but he really fits the brief.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17222729#Comment_17222729

Nice use of terrain tools to give the lot some drama and really accentuate the rocky feel. I like that you've got a whole little rock-slide going on, and the pond in the corner is a nice touch. Good use of color in the landscaping as well.

Good job remembering to color the ceilings! I like all the torches, they really brighten up the place. I really like that you included several hobbies for your sim to enjoy.

I think the only criticism I have is that the house, while well done, seems just a little too 'normal'. This would definitely be a challenge to push your creativity a bit further and kind of embrace the potential randomness of a cave more than a standard house layout.

Optional Challenge: Loved seeing all the outfits and activities! I wish the outfits had reflected 'caveman' a little more, but I like your Nean, and his attributes.

Winner for Advanced it was a very close call!
    @Chrischris8894

Winner for the Optional challenge
    @iampes23

Well done both of you, you did not make this one easy to judge!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2020
    YEW12tS.png

Advanced Results for #218 - The Travelers

ADVANCED ENTRIES

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17263746#Comment_17263746

I love the use of the ship wheel for the steering wheel! Very clever! I also realy like the table-to-bed conversion area (too bad Sims doesn't allow for that functionality!) You put in lots of great details, like the AC units and pop-out sides.

Beautiful landscaping all around. I love that they have the view of the lake, great for outdoor fun when stircrazy sets in without needing to go very far at all.

Your lodge really shines. Love that bathroom/laundry. Nice spacious kitchen, lots of seating, play for the kids, and pretty generous bedrooms compared to the cramped space of trailers and fold-outs! I'm sure the family will be very happy with their new home base!

I like the hover-trailer futuristic theme you decided to go with to acocunt for the lack of wheels. I wish there had been a bit more cohesion between the inside and outsides. I did like both the interiors and the exteriors individually, it was just a bit jarring the difference between the two.

(just for your personal edification, in this context it would be a garbage chute (not shoot))

WINNER: @iampes23.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    TsrEo1w.png
    BEGINNER RESULTS FOR #BnS221 - Nicholas' Tiny Problem
    3gHHX7s.png

@CidyWolf
    Given the limited access to space, I think you did a great job making sure the rooms weren’t too crowded and still housed the essentials. The exterior blends in with the mountain very well and doesn’t look out of place with the surrounding landscaping. I think it’s so cool how you built the home into the mountain and used it as part of the landscaping/decor. The use of the yellow on the walls in the bathroom did not quite blend well with the other colors used, but I found the decor and the use of the color palette throughout the rest of the house to be very complementary to each other. The decor felt very homey and definitely had a Christmas feel to it. I especially loved the addition of the gnome wall hanging in the bedroom and the use of a top bunk bed to maximize space. I would have liked to have seen some more pictures, but the pictures provided were a great guide to the lot. Very good job with the terrain paints and landscaping, the river at the front of the property was a nice touch.
    3gHHX7s.png
    AND THE WINNER IS....

@CidyWolf

GArBA5W.jpg
    TsrEo1w.png
    Beginner Results for #BnS225 - A Tiny Hangout
    3gHHX7s.png

@StephSteb
    Tip for future builds/entries: you can turn off the grids so that they don’t show up in your pics. I love the use of terrain paints and the minimal landscaping seems like it fits Guy’s personality really well. Although the decor is sparse due to the budget, I think it actually suits Guy pretty well. He doesn’t seem like a very materialistic person. Love how you implemented a play on words and put in splashes of orange. Having an extra bedroom in the basement was a neat idea-if any of Guy’s friends are over late they might need a place to crash. I think the outdoor area will be a great hangout spot for Guy and his buddies. Guy Orange is a great looking Sim! He certainly loves his color namesake :) Great expansion on his backstory, he will definitely be an interesting Sim to play.

@Pinkusfamily
    Great job on the decor, it really looks like somewhere a college student would live. The decor in the bathroom doesn’t quite match the decor in the rest of the house. Great idea to have a hangout space in the upstairs area, that will help him have a relaxing space to go to when schoolwork stresses him out too much. I would have liked to see more terrain paints to give the landscaping a more natural look, but I really like the complementary exterior walls. I also think the balcony and lower patio area will be great places for Guy and his friends to hangout.
    3gHHX7s.png
    AND THE WINNER IS ....

@Pinkusfamily

GArBA5W.jpg
    Wr2hKWH.png

3gHHX7s.png

Intermediate Results for #BnS221 - Nicholas's Little Problem

@Jessabeans
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://jessabeansims.tumblr.com/post/189648817994/gingerbreadhousekit
    Your 'gingerbread' exterior is absolute perfection! I could just see a whole neighborhood of these! Wonderful use of such a tiny space. Good item choices and placement.
    The interior could have used some variety in the color scheme, all your decor ends up blending together with the wall and floor coverings and nothing really pops. Still, it all fits beautifully with the gingerbread and candy cane theme. Overall, very lovely.

@Kgaff
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://www.flickr.com/photos/183138166@N05/albums/72157712190047253
    Such a beautiful build! And surprisingly spacious for the size. The courtyard is a nice entry path to the house, and the landscaping is fantastic. So colorful! Lovely decor.

@ADWilson
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/home/leaving?target=https://adwilson1991.wordpress.com/19-mirthful-lane/
    Love the layout, it works very well. The way you expand the space into the surrounding yard helps make it feel larger than its size. And you included so many skill items, those elves are certain to love this house without feeling at all cramped.
    The trellis/gazebo structure you put around the hot tub is fantastically creative! (Is the hottub still accessible?) I also like the way you kept the square edges to your paving stones.
    You colored the ceiling! I love it when that little detail isn't overlooked!
    While I understand the constraints of the size, not having a kitchen sink always bothers me. That just seems like one of those necessary fixtures. The build is certainly colorful, but feels a little much. Perhaps a more concentrated palette in the rooms to help them feel more cohesive?
    Overall, though, very well done!

@piotr1562512☆
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/home/leaving?target=https://www.flickr.com/photos/186081652@N05/albums/72157712383662273
    A delightfully cozy little cottage. The trellis-covered entry is nice, and between the house and bathroom. I love that you included pets items. Beautiful colors, the items perfectly reflect your build style.
    Great use of ceiling covering, perhaps a bit dark, though? A lighter ceiling could have helped brighten the interior that otherwise does have very warm colors.
    I like how you've laid out both the plan and the furnishings. A nice touch to have the bathroom detached, though I'd hate to have to use it at the North Pole! The yard has visual interest with the fence layout.
    I do wish you'd included views of the other exterior walls, but overall a fantastic build!

3gHHX7s.png
    AND THE WINNER IS ....

@Jessabeans

SECOND PLACE ....

@piotr1562512

Great job one and all!
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    edited May 2020
    TsrEo1w.png
    Beginner Results for #BnS225 - A Tiny Hangout
    3gHHX7s.png

@StephSteb
    Tip for future builds/entries: you can turn off the grids so that they don’t show up in your pics. I love the use of terrain paints and the minimal landscaping seems like it fits Guy’s personality really well. Although the decor is sparse due to the budget, I think it actually suits Guy pretty well. He doesn’t seem like a very materialistic person. Love how you implemented a play on words and put in splashes of orange. Having an extra bedroom in the basement was a neat idea-if any of Guy’s friends are over late they might need a place to crash. I think the outdoor area will be a great hangout spot for Guy and his buddies. Guy Orange is a great looking Sim! He certainly loves his color namesake :) Great expansion on his backstory, he will definitely be an interesting Sim to play.

@Pinkusfamily
    Great job on the decor, it really looks like somewhere a college student would live. The decor in the bathroom doesn’t quite match the decor in the rest of the house. Great idea to have a hangout space in the upstairs area, that will help him have a relaxing space to go to when schoolwork stresses him out too much. I would have liked to see more terrain paints to give the landscaping a more natural look, but I really like the complementary exterior walls. I also think the balcony and lower patio area will be great places for Guy and his friends to hangout.
    3gHHX7s.png
    AND THE WINNER IS ....

@Pinkusfamily

Thank you so much for the tips! I really liked the idea so I had fun with it. I never thought I would actually enter any of these challenges but this one sounded so fun. I got halfway done and remembered I was supposed to follow a budget so if I enter again I'll have to keep that in mind, lol. Congrats @Pinkusfamily and everyone in this challenge. I love all of the new tiny houses everyone made! <3
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @BuildnShare and @StephSteb Thank you!

I am honored and quite surprised..

Congratulations to all, I love the Creativity in this group.

I look forward to the next challenge !
    YEW12tS.png
    Advanced Results for #BnS221- Nicholas' Tiny Problem
    3gHHX7s.png

@romagi1
    Your build is very beautiful. I really love the red, white, and brown color palette. It makes the tiny home feel cozy. I love how you made the fireplace nook. It has a pretty accent wall around it that really makes it catch the eye which is very clever since it was a mandatory part of the challenge! Outside, I love the festive bridge and the addition of a hot tub! The architecture is pretty. I like the exterior shape and colors. I love how you used the same fireplace accent wall pattern on the outside; it gives the exterior an unexpected touch of texture and color. My only suggestion would be to use a little terrain paint around the hot tub, either a little dirt around the edges for detail or that brick you used for the walkway to give it it's own area like you did for your outdoor seating area. And a little dirt under the bench on the side of the house would have given it a bit of detail as well. Overall it's a really well planned out home that's very cozy and beautiful!

@Sandraelle
    Your build is really cute and I love the log cabin feel it has! It is very cozy with it's eclectic patterns and furniture. The pathway leading to the front door is really pretty with the light up bushes. So festive! The pond is a great addition to the landscape. I really like the balcony; it's a cute addition to the house. The red and white striped fence and columns are a cute and wonderful addition; they really make the house extra festive. My only suggestions would be to play with your roofs a little more. It can be tricky to get different roof heights and types to look just right. You're close to having them look just right but keep working on them! And, while you did very well with your use of terrain paint over all, I would have liked to see a little dirt under the bushes that make up your beautiful entry just to give it a bit more detail. Overall your home is very cute and cozy! A wonderful entry!

@suzses
    Your house is really adorable! I love the green exterior with the green and yellow door! I love your landscape! It's really pretty and you've really used terrain paint to your advantage! Great job! Inside, I really like the layout. The carpet placement in the main living space is really creative and adds a nice touch of color, pattern and texture. I like that you added a fireplace on both floors. I personally would have preferred to see a real bathroom instead of the all in one. But that's my only critique. It's a really solid build with lots of detail inside and out! You've used lots of décor inside and lots of terrain paint outside. It looks amazing!

@creativemetaphor
    Your build is really rustic and cozy! It's very pretty! I love that it's two stories with a porch and balcony. Your exterior colors and textures go well together. The landscaping is pretty with a good use of terrain paint. Your interiors are well planned and I like the use of throw rugs in the main living area to break up and define the seating, tree and bedroom areas. I like that you put in a full bathroom instead of an all-in-one bathroom. It shows that you made good use of the very small space and that is really amazing! Overall your build is really pretty and you did a great job!

@iampes23
    Your build is really pretty. I like the rustic landscaping with the way you did the trees and fencing. Really well done and great use of terrain paint. I like how you lined the path to the front door with holiday trees. It is a festive touch. The interiors are really cute; the red , green and yellow really work together. I like the porch area with the telescope. It's a lovely addition to the house. Putting the fish tank into the foundation is a really clever idea. I think my main suggestion with this is that I would have liked to see the house blend into all the pretty landscaping you did a bit more so that it didn't stand out so much and take away from the landscape's beauty. Maybe instead of yellow, a bright green could have been used for the main exterior color with the red and yellows as the accent colors. And the fireplace pipe is a little awkwardly placed. But these are minor things, it really is a solid build with lots of great detail inside and out.

@soocoolsim
    Your build is very creative. I love that your build is a train! Wow! I love the neutral, well planned interiors. They're really pretty and well designed. Your use of plants and terrain paint is really great. I think the tile wall in the small bedroom is a bit too busy for such a small space, however, it is a really solid build with lots of great unexpected details such as being a train!
    3gHHX7s.png
    AND THE WINNER IS ....

@romagi1

SECOND PLACE IS ....

@suzses
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    TsrEo1w.png
    Beginner Results for #BnS226 - Star Struck
    3gHHX7s.png

@Pinkusfamily
    At first glance, I thought the exterior colors of your home and the landscaping blended very well and were pleasing to the eye. Having the pile of wood right beside the outside of the fireplace was a nice addition to the details. Loved the screenshot of your pool including the mountains and waterfalls in the background. I also love the addition of the ivy creeping up the walls! One suggestion for future builds might be to change the colors of the interior doors just a bit so they match the color scheme a little better. You definitely created the cozy home that the client requested. Diana’s guests will especially love the rustic feel of the kitchen as they gather for meals and I wouldn’t mind taking a nap on that couch with a nice fire going beside me. The decor throughout the house really flows together very well.
    3gHHX7s.png
    AND THE WINNER IS ....

@Pinkusfamily

GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you so much @BuildnShare .

Yes, I do agree about the doors.
    I went back and looked at the pictures, I will take note for future builds..

Thank you again,

Diane Pinkus
    TsrEo1w.png
    Beginner Results for #BnS227 - Oceanside Resort
    3gHHX7s.png

@Pinkusfamily
    Fabulous location you’ve chosen! The resort looks great against the backdrop of that waterfall. I also love the flooring when you first walk into the resort and the decor looks wonderful throughout the whole build. You did a great job capturing pictures of the entire build and I really felt like I was there! This seems like a really awesome place for Sims to take a vacation. Sims might wish for a resort food stand or maybe a firewalk, but I think you’ve done a great job including lots of activities for this resort.
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is ....

@Pinkusfamily

Congratulations @Pinkusfamily the judges have decided you're ready to be promoted to the Intermediate category :)
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Wow @BuildnShare ,

Thank you so much !!

I am so Honored to even be promoted !

Thank you again,

You made my Day !! o:)

<3
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    Just curious @BuildnShare are you planning to judge my entry for 227 ?
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top