Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

March 2019 - Which Is Your Fave Sims 4 World Now?

I know there was a fave world poll only a few months back, but I would be interested to see if opinions have changed since the Strangerville release (plus I have added the vacation worlds, though they cannot have their own option as we are only allowed 10). Windenburg came tops last time, and it's certainly an awesome world. But I am quite surprised that my own new favourite is Strangerville, as I have never ever been a fan of desert worlds. But it is breathtaking!

03-09-19_5-21-08%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

So... what is now your favourite world? And please feel free to add a pic of one of your fave bits of that world to brighten up the thread, I would love to see them!

March 2019 - Which Is Your Fave Sims 4 World Now? 169 votes

Willow Creek
10%
GalacticGalmagooo63Colorist40imhappyStardust123NRowemock68Scarbo27fiercephoenix91musteniDestin2016strf85BabySquareChazzzyActuallySammyNorthDakotaGamerVanderhoot 17 votes
Oasis Springs
4%
LaBlue0314MeteoraStormSimplyJenNinja-Dan22SavvySimmieEmeraldEagle33EricasFreePlayjoyofliving37 8 votes
Newcrest
4%
JaseLustianiciaBriel24RamblineRoseInternal_ChaosJa_rdeCharlotta11Limorz 8 votes
Forgotten Hollow
3%
Bagoas77DeKaybeautimousNyteRoseOEII1001simms745 6 votes
Windenburg
33%
Akl500PCK213Goldmoldarxbecky685xWritin_RegmcruddIsb917Mariefoxprice83alejandro15039barracuda1574NausMindofyldmarkoN0NoTToN0NladybreidKatiardguezPlumbobCrossingstephanie132392Ravager619snikkipoo 56 votes
San Myshuno
8%
PlayerSinger2010BeardedgeekfreindlylolKaeChan2089Chanty25taydevLissyK9MakoSimspoliceofficerswifeshnailehMadachan88ListentoToppDoggcitysimmerArcanine4President 14 votes
Brindleton Bay
18%
icmnfrshHejixHowGreatThouArtjoelygirlsims2simgirl1010DJQ1308ElokaBluelleSxcDannii202catloverplayerVulorimarcel21SimGuruGrahampapertongueSeptJanOctMoonfoxNightcryannaliese39SummerStreakcatmando830Evaliyn 32 votes
Del Sol Valley
1%
jujee55dfstone 2 votes
Strangerville
14%
auroraael14Kita5399IceyJelanorbretonalanmichael1zagboorulesJennyggPegasysnotasmokealarm09fullspiralSelinaKylesrambahadoerCogshellHermitgirlImSandsAquaGamer1212RedShoe7simwolfBusufuGrumpyGlowfish 24 votes
Magnolia Promenade/Granite Falls/Selvadorada (please specify which)
1%
MDianaSimsSimAlexandria 2 votes

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    Windenburg
    Windenburg will probably always be my fave as it has a variety of different liveable areas - but I really like Strangerville and Brindleton Bay as well, just wish they both had as many liveable lots as Windenburg. But for aviance and appeal I like all three listed.

ETA - Also love the vacation worlds but they are not full time livable so I can't count those.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Strangerville
    Have to say Strangerville. Moved my family there to solve the mystery. But now that it's over, I can't bear to move them away.

The world itself is gorgeous, and I love the center of town area.
  • KathesaurKathesaur Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2019
    Windenburg
    I just got the Get Together expansion recently and Windenburg is definitely my new favorite, both because of how beautiful it is, and because of how large it is.
    Strangerville would be my favorite if it was slightly larger though. It just has too few lots to be my #1
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Willow Creek
    I still start in Willow Creek as it is my best done in my pre-made save. Still working on building the other worlds, but my go-to seems to be the same.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    Willow Creek
    I think last time I wrote something about each world? This time I'm gonna simply stick to my #1 which is Willow Creek. Only thing I don't like there are the ever blossoming cherry blossom trees but other than that it's just really well balanced and easy on the eye.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited March 2019
    Magnolia Promenade/Granite Falls/Selvadorada (please specify which)
    Selvadorada. As much as I love Windenburg, Brindleton Bay and Strangerville, Selvadorada is still my favourite.

tumblr_p4vnz8GAn41v8k7elo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pclb62TJNi1v8k7elo7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pclb62TJNi1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Willow Creek
    I find myself always returning to Willow Creek, even now. It's like Sunset Valley, I guess, I tended to favor that one, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    It was a very tough choice, but in the end I went with Brindleton Bay because of Cats and Dogs roaming around in the world. I just want to adopt all the strays!
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    Brindleton Bay - but wish it was bigger with more lots by the water.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    San Myshuno
    San Myshuno because apartments.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Windenburg
    Wundenburg is my absolute favorite , especially the old town and the island. I like the size of the world and the number of lots in each neighborhood. But I also enjoy brindelton Bay and oasis springs as homeworlds. Selvadorada is a wonderful vacation spot. I enjoy it very much as well. Maybe strangerville will end up in my list of favorites but I have to play it a bit more before I can decide.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Strangerville
    I really like all of them it’s hard to choose, but Strangerville has such beautiful scenery so I went with that. The only one I don’t like much is Del Sol, but that is due to not having a middle class area, the world looks nice still.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    Windenburg
    I wish every world was as big and as detailed as Windenburg.

I very much like it's downtown and old town areas.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Windenburg
    I still choose Windenberg still looking good and still has more space.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Windenburg
    Windenburg is the most beautiful world to live in.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Windenburg
    Windenburg is the closest to home. Shame the park is so small though.
  • ambaraambara Posts: 47 Member
    edited March 2019
    Windenburg
    I really like Windenburg and it's where my main sims family lives. It's big, well made and I like the feel of it. But I also like San Myshuno and apartments & festivals etc. a lot, it's just a shame we can't build apartments ourselves. And that the weather is a bit problematic when it comes to festivals.
    Post edited by ambara on
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    San Myshuno
    I love the festivals, the decorations, the basketball courts, etc. There's so much to do and the world looks beautiful. Windenburg is very close second because of its size.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Forgotten Hollow
    I don't think there is a world that I don't like. Prior to Vampires I would pick Oasis Springs if forced to select a favorite. In particular, the neighborhood with Pebble Burrow was very "South-Westy" and something that looked familiar and homey to me. But I do so love the Forgotten Hollow aesthetic. StrangerVille and San Myshuno also round out a personal top four.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Strangerville
    I'm positive I will be playing in Strangerville very often now. I do love Windenburg though.. but I've been going back to the base game worlds a lot before Strangerville dropped. I can see using Strangerville, Oasis Springs and Del Sol Valley together as a type of expanded region. Won't feel bad about using Oasis Springs especially now for more commercial lots.
    egTcBMc.png
  • VanderhootVanderhoot Posts: 192 Member
    Willow Creek
    I guess I'm boring, but I like Willow Creek. The style of house I like to make fits well with it. It has nicer scenery than Newcrest. I am learning to branch out more into Brindleton and Windenberg, but I still play Willow and Newcrest the most.
    7He4osW.png?1
    Check out my 1920s homes on the gallery: Vanderhoot13
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Strangerville
    I like them all, but I have to give the nod to Strangerville because of the vibe it gives off.

Selvadorada is 2nd.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    My fav world used to be Windenburg even after Cats and Dogs released. But that slowly changed, especially after playing more with my photographer sim and discovering places in BB that I rarely got to with my other sims.
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Strangerville
    I could be jumping on Strangerville in part because it's new, but I love the landscape, the desert town with secrets vibe, and that it's old and a bit worn down. It just has so much personality, it feels so real and lived-in to me.

I do love Selvadorada because it's absolutely stunning, but I rarely use it because I don't send sims on vacation very often. As well, I'm a big fan of Brindleton Bay, but I don't live there as often as I would have thought.

Honestly, San Myshuno is a very close second to Strangerville, surprisingly to me, because I have ended up adoring the city setting. I actively love the apartment living, and building unique houses that have been converted from old city warehouses, that sort of thing. Again, it just feels very alive and lived-in.

But Strangerville still wins because the town has a history. It has boarded up buildings. It was once something, and it isn't anymore. There's a story, so there's something under the surface. The active presence of sims who live off of the lab and military base. It's very small-town, where everyone who lives there supports those two specific industries/companies/careers etc. I would be so happy to see more worlds built this way.
    a63ftuN.png
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    Nature, forest... Awwww. But Strangerville comes close second. Winderburg would come close too if there wasn't all these annoying disco clubs!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...