Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• abiwankenobiabiwankenobi Posts: 2 New Member
    I've been using MCCC for a while now but I have no idea how culling works. Can someone please explain to me why I would want to use MCCC's culling over EA's, or no culling at all? Also, I have NO idea how to use the "dresser" settings to set a template for what my sims should and should not look like. I notice I have a lot of sims with the same custom skintones that I don't want used on EVERY SINGLE NEWLY CREATED SIM. It's annoying, lol. Can anyone help with that as well? Thanks so much.
  • candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    edited March 2019
    Is there any way to use MCC to bring back culled sims? Unfortunately the game just culled a bunch of my Sim's grandparents and now they're gone from the family tree.

Also, does anyone know how Summon Sim, List All Sims works? The MCC website says 'MC Cheats > Summon Sim > List All Sims' but when I click on a Sim to Summon, it says not found.
    Post edited by candystorm on
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    I've been using MCCC for a while now but I have no idea how culling works. Can someone please explain to me why I would want to use MCCC's culling over EA's, or no culling at all? Also, I have NO idea how to use the "dresser" settings to set a template for what my sims should and should not look like. I notice I have a lot of sims with the same custom skintones that I don't want used on EVERY SINGLE NEWLY CREATED SIM. It's annoying, lol. Can anyone help with that as well? Thanks so much.

I'm by no means an expert with this mod, but if you look at candystorm's post below yours, her Sims' grandparents were culled by the game. That's reason alone to not rely on the game's culling mechanics.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    candystorm wrote: »
    Is there any way to use MCC to bring back culled sims? Unfortunately the game just culled a bunch of my Sim's grandparents and now they're gone from the family tree.

Also, does anyone know how Summon Sim, List All Sims works? The MCC website says 'MC Cheats > Summon Sim > List All Sims' but when I click on a Sim to Summon, it says not found.

No, as far as I know, there is no possibility to bring back culled sims. Also MCCC has no option like this.

As for your second question: The 'Summon Sim' command can be found in the mailbox MC Cheats menu. If there is no mailbox on the lot where you want to summon a sim, use the command line and type "mc_cheats" to bring up that menu.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    edited March 2019

There are two different culling functions in the game, sim culling and relationship culling.

Computer:MCCC > MC Population > Other Settings > Bypass Sim Culling
    If enabled, the EA Culling process that deletes Sims will be deactivated. No culling will occur (although ghost cleaning can still happen if enabled in MC Cleaner). After changing, the game must be restarted for the changes to take effect.

Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Relationship Settings > Relationship Culling
    If the setting is 'D'-disabled, the EA relationship culling process that deletes Sims relationships after an amount of time with no contact will be deactivated. No relationship culling will occur. If the setting is 'E'-enabled, then the default EA relationship culling will occur. If MC Cleaner is deployed, an additional setting value of 'C' will be available. When this setting is used, MC Cleaner relationship cleaning will happen rather than EA's default relationship culling and it will follow the relationship cleaning rules as configured in MC Cleaner. After changing, the game must be restarted for the changes to take effect.

Computer:MCCC > MC Cleaner > Relationship Cleaner > Sim Cleaner (2 buttons)
    This setting stores the two values necessary for MC Cleaner relationship cleaning. The first value is what type of Sims are affected by the cleaning. The valid values are 'N'-NPC Only, 'P'-NPC and Played, 'AO'-Only active Sims will have their relationships cleaned, 'PO'-Only played and inactive Sims will have their relationships cleaned and 'A'-All Sims including active Sims. The second value is what level of relationships to clean from the specified Sims. The valid values are 'Z'-Zero Level only, 'C'-Custom Level (Any value between 0 and 100 may be specified), 'A'-acquaintances or less, 'F'-friends or less, 'GF'-All relationships except significant others, 'S'-All relationships including significant others. No family members will be cleaned by this process. Note that absolute values are used for the scores. So if a custom setting of 20 is set and the relationship score is between -20 and 20, then the relationship will be deleted. The same is true for the other score types: Aquaintance, Friend, etc.

Above descriptons are taken from the MCCC documentation webpage:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/overview

As for the use of MC Dresser, have also a look at the documentation:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_dresser
    edited March 2019
    Heralo wrote: »
    So I've recently installed MCCC and am enjoying the extra customization but had a question about Vampires and pregnancies. I know there is a no offspring flag but is there another setting to not allow Vampires to get pregnant or maybe a command line to set the no offspring flag on all vampires at once (I'd just have to remember to run it periodically).

Thanks

No, the flags work on individual sims only.

You might have a look at the documentatin of MC Occult and MC Pregnancy:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_occult
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_pregnancy
  • Brittany_L_K9895Brittany_L_K9895 Posts: 3 New Member
    So I'm a complete novice when it comes to downloading CC. I know the files that look like a piece of paper are good, and the folders need to be unzipped. Other than that I've got nothing. So I'm trying to download MCCC because I keep hearing it's this great thing. So I downloaded 6.1.0 unzipped the files, 90% sure I got all of them?? And nothings showing up in my game! I have it so mods and script mods are allowed, and I cant figure it out... send help!
  • amberyl1956amberyl1956 Posts: 2 New Member
    I hope I am in the right forum. I have just started playing Sims 4 (previous Sims 1 and 2 player). I have MCCC, and went to change the number of Sims in my household from 8 (default) to 12. I can verify the change under MC Pregnancy, and it says I have # slots available. But when I go to Merge and Split, and mark a Sim to move in, I get the Red Triangle that says I cannot move more than 8 Sims in the household. Is there another setting I need to set in MCCC or any ideas on how to do it? I have gone through all the help guides on MCCC page and I don't see anything else I need to do.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated and really LOVE MCCC......
  • PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    So I'm a complete novice when it comes to downloading CC. I know the files that look like a piece of paper are good, and the folders need to be unzipped. Other than that I've got nothing. So I'm trying to download MCCC because I keep hearing it's this great thing. So I downloaded 6.1.0 unzipped the files, 90% sure I got all of them?? And nothings showing up in my game! I have it so mods and script mods are allowed, and I cant figure it out... send help!

2 things:
    a) make sure the file folder is in your mods folder, no more than 1 folder deep (i.e. Sims 4-->Mods-->MCC)
    b) in your game options, check the box enable script mods on the last tab

If you're still having an issue, I'd say consult the Discord chat...they're quite helpful over there. HTH! Happy simming! <3
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)

Sorry, that are not enough details for a reliable diagnosis. Could be anything.

I would prefer to look at it within our Discord server.

Please use this invitation https://discord.gg/wVXKzGq and got to the channel #mccc_support.
    edited March 2019
    I hope I am in the right forum. I have just started playing Sims 4 (previous Sims 1 and 2 player). I have MCCC, and went to change the number of Sims in my household from 8 (default) to 12. I can verify the change under MC Pregnancy, and it says I have # slots available. But when I go to Merge and Split, and mark a Sim to move in, I get the Red Triangle that says I cannot move more than 8 Sims in the household. Is there another setting I need to set in MCCC or any ideas on how to do it? I have gone through all the help guides on MCCC page and I don't see anything else I need to do.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated and really LOVE MCCC......

It's not recommendable to have more than 8 sims in one single household. The game is not made for this. You can cheat, but the consequence could be complete data loss.

You have been warned.

What you're seing in your game is standard behavior. There are several rules which have to be followed with HH>8, as well as some restrictions which can't be avoided. What you wrote in your post is one of them.

You cannot use the standard Sims 4 methods for adding Sims to households if you have households of more than 8 Sims. It is hard-coded in the Sims 4 UI code for Manage Households and CAS to only allow 8 Sims. In the same way that you can't use the "Edit Households" option of CAS with large households, you also can't add/remove Sims in the normal Sims 4 manner.

Adding Sims to households can either be done using the Testing Cheats method (if Testing Cheats are enabled) of shift-clicking on a Sim and adding them to your family, or by using the "sim_move" command as documented in the MC Command Center module's documentation. "sim_move" can be used for moving between different households or adding them to the active household. Also, as of MCCC 5.0.0, there is a Sim Command in the Sim MCCC menu to move Sims between different households. This works with no problems with households of more than 8 maximum Sims.
  • Jlord053Jlord053 Posts: 1 New Member
    Can I use mccc to move in a ninth sim to my household?? I'm trying but it says I've reached the limit
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Jlord053 wrote: »
    Can I use mccc to move in a ninth sim to my household?? I'm trying but it says I've reached the limit

Have a look at the post just above yours.
  • Meganp2304Meganp2304 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey so i just downloaded mccc and i had it a few weeks ago but my friend deleted it and it worked fine and i have nothing else in my sims mod folder and its not working at all so please help if you can. <3
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    Decided to finally try the MCCC out and it definitely was worth it and my fears/worries was quelled.

Going through all the settings though, I was curious about one I did not see (or may have overlooked) which is the ability to make NPC Sims (Townies) wear appropriate Seasons clothes. I know I can disable weather effects, (there's no fun in that.) or ask to see that specific outfit, but does this mod have any settings to make the population wear the appropriate outfits by default?
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Bad Arkane wrote: »
    Decided to finally try the MCCC out and it definitely was worth it and my fears/worries was quelled.

Going through all the settings though, I was curious about one I did not see (or may have overlooked) which is the ability to make NPC Sims (Townies) wear appropriate Seasons clothes. I know I can disable weather effects, (there's no fun in that.) or ask to see that specific outfit, but does this mod have any settings to make the population wear the appropriate outfits by default?

I don't recall seeing this, but don't your townies wear hot and cold weather gear when they should? Mine do, regardless of MCCC. The only issue I was having was with the awful outfits that townies would don in the rain - this mod sorts that out:
    https://midnitetech.tumblr.com/post/175483562237/no-rain-outfits-sick-of-npcs-donning-strange
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    edited March 2019
    Bad Arkane wrote: »

I'm more worried about my active Sims. Have a teen aged girl who dons a sun dress to go to school when it's snowing! She almost perished when I was playing yesterday, because I couldn't find her once the pop-up informed me she was freezing to death. :open_mouth: I kept clicking on her icon and where the camera took me I couldn't see her at all. Then it dawned on me to simply have her warm herself by the fireplace. Voila, she suddenly appeared and sauntered over to the fire. That's when I saw what she was wearing. Less than intelligent Sims. I don't care that she's getting straight A's she's less than bright, at times. LOL Mind you, her four brothers get it, even the toddler. They're all dressed appropriately to go outside in the snow!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    Hi again.

I was here awhile ago, asking help with my game..because it suddenly went all laggy and jumpy and then started to freeze. All this started happening right after i installed Strangerville.

A friendly simmer answered me:

"Don't worry, it's OK. We're here to help.
    So first things first: Make a backup of your game folder (usually in ..\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4), reset your game and try the game vanilla with a new savegame (aka without any mods). There shouldn't be any issues with this.
    If there are still issues with a vanilla game (after repairing, reinstalling, you name it), you might check the hardware specs.
    If there are no issues with the vanilla game, then it's time for a 50/50 mod check to find the culprit.
    You should at frist add the latest MCCC version and check for errors like lastException files. If you get one of these, upload them on Discord, so we can have a look at it".

First: Thank you very much for replying to me.

Second: I have now reset my game and i have also repaired it (my game is 64bit and i don't have the Origin - in game thingy either )..i have emptied caches and deleted files that can be deleted..i have checked my specs (no problems there, i should be able to run the game with no problems because my computer have the recommended specs or better)..i have removed MCCC ages ago, i did it before installing Strangerville (and i know i have the newest version of it)..i have NO CC in my game..so yea, i don't know what else to do because last night when i tried to play i managed to open the game and then after 3 minutes it froze.

PS: About Discord..i used to be a member there, but because i didn't log in daily i got deleted.
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited March 2019

I don't recall seeing this, but don't your townies wear hot and cold weather gear when they should? Mine do, regardless of MCCC. The only issue I was having was with the awful outfits that townies would don in the rain - this mod sorts that out:
    https://midnitetech.tumblr.com/post/175483562237/no-rain-outfits-sick-of-npcs-donning-strange

If it's working for you, it is not working for me, ha. They are all either shivering mess, blue all over and ready to turn to ice, or combust from the heat. I've always had to ask to see the outfits.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    Question about age spans for babies.
    I’ve customised my age spans so that they are close to EA LONG length, but have left the game set to NORMAL.
    The major difference is much longer YA and Adult spans, but what I want to ask about is babies.

Sim gave birth to twins on a Thursday, I believe it was evening game time. Babies age length is set to seven days. So I expect the babies to remain babies until the following Thursday. It is only Sunday in the game (read three days, the normal EA default) and the game is announcing that it is the babies birthdays.

What is the most likely overriding factor? The new random age setting thing introduced with Get Famous (and which I know about now but haven’t turned off in MCCC settings)? A failure of the custom age setting to initiate properly, including a possible error on my part (although I checked and definately set to seven days, other spans working okay) or the fact that they are TS4 babies which frankly have their own quirks?
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hello, I have a quick question! I haven’t played for a few months, so I’m aware that many things about MCCC have likely been altered in my absence. I downloaded the latest version of MCCC a few days ago, and there’s a few settings I’m having trouble finding again. I know we used to be able to flag a sim not to get married/not to have any children/not to move house. I can’t find those options now, so their location much have changed. From what I remember, they used to be under either ‘sim flags’ or ‘relationship settings’.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    @MaggieMarley. I would guess the settings are still under MCCC > Sim Flags; but now there is an extra layer? For example, No Offspring is appears to be located at. MCCC > Sim Flags > MC Pregnancy > No Offspring.
    Hope that might help.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited March 2019
    @NRowe I think I checked all the possible layers but I can’t guarantee that I did, so thank you! I’ll check again now :)

It’s almost definitely just me missing what is right in front of me, as usual :D
    edited March 2019
    It’s almost definitely just me missing what is right in front of me, as usual :D

No, a lot of people asked meanwhile where some commands were moved to. Most of the moved ones are located in the sim's MCCC menu. There are some new main menu items, like "sim maintenace" where you might find, what your looking for.

But the flags weren't moved.

Have a look at the documentation. On this site you find all available MCCC options and commands. Scroll down (it's a long list) to find the ones located in the sim's MCCC menu.
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/overview
  • Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    edited March 2019
    I've just got around to updating to the latest patch, and have the latest version of MCCC.
    Since updating I have been slammed with Error Logged message.
    I don't know where to find the log file, nor do I know how to bring it to the attention of Deaderpool, as the message is telling me to notify him.
    Just to clarify, I'm not getting Last Exception messages. The last one I had was 17th of Feb.
    Post edited by Susim62 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top