Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited March 2019
    I am soooo down for this! Cannot wait to get started. The ideas! The poses I'll need. The Sims to create. The builds. Gah. It's going to be so much fun!

tenor.gif?itemid=12461463

tenor.gif?itemid=5908257

• katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I am so excited about this! Can't wait to join in!
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    I am very excited too <3 ...
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I missed doing these challenges! It’s great that they’re being brought back! :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm going to join , but I can't guarantee anything good. XD I write very lengthy.... Very very lengthy. XD so short stories are going to be quite a challenge for me.

I'm not sure if I am going to be considered a veteran or a newbie. I've been writing for years and I've had a blog for about a year now. But short stories is not my strong suit xD
  • chluke75chluke75 Posts: 110 Member
    I have no idea where I fit in either. The oldest thing I've written for anything is just one bit, and it's over a year old. But I don't know that I would consider it a "blog" really, or that good. Then I didn't do anything else until about 4 months ago when I started doing some occasional writing that would definitely fit in the short story category. I wouldn't necessarily consider them good either, but they're fun to write.
    Shadami wrote: »
    I'm going to join , but I can't guarantee anything good. XD I write very lengthy.... Very very lengthy. XD so short stories are going to be quite a challenge for me.

I'm not sure if I am going to be considered a veteran or a newbie. I've been writing for years and I've had a blog for about a year now. But short stories is not my strong suit xD

That is why I call it a challenge .. my difficulty is that I use a bajillion screenies .. limits scare me
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    chluke75 wrote: »
    I have no idea where I fit in either. The oldest thing I've written for anything is just one bit, and it's over a year old. But I don't know that I would consider it a "blog" really, or that good. Then I didn't do anything else until about 4 months ago when I started doing some occasional writing that would definitely fit in the short story category. I wouldn't necessarily consider them good either, but they're fun to write.

ahh we are always our own worst critics!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    So far this has been getting an amazing response (I am officially scared out of my wits lol). Even some interest from the international community!

I know some of you newer writers (and some "older") have told me that you are feeling trepidatious. I will just give you a small insight ... this comes with the territory. No matter how many you publish you will always feel the same. For me, it feels like I am peeling back a part of myself and risking it to all of you!

Risky and vulnerable for sure .. but a chance to grow @Munterbacon said it best up a few posts ago ... we can grow and stretch as we get outside of our norm <3

If you have questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Someone in my FB group shared this and it made me laugh but it is so #truth

amJVBqW.jpg

#whytherumisalwaysgone
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    LMAO! #1-3 is so true for me right now :D
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    NyteRose wrote: »

I am on number 4 BUT it is coffee for now!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    I am a perpetual state of 4.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    lisabee2 wrote: »

Ack! I don't drink coffee OR the other.... Eeep.
  • FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member

Ack! I don't drink coffee OR the other.... Eeep.

Tea for me... lots and lots of tea. Probably gallons of it by now. Mostly herbal, but only because black tea tends to get too sharp once it sits and gets room temperature/cold. Herbal's still mostly drinkable in that state.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Nice to see this get rebooted! I always wanted to do this challenge again--Hopefully being a monthly participant, but I always have trouble getting what I write within the word limit :joy:
    By the way @katrinasforest "None of your waxed bees" is still my favorite line in anything, ever!
    :) look forward to reading your offerings @Cement
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    I am #perpetuallyfueledbycoffee
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    So far this has been getting an amazing response (I am officially scared out of my wits lol). Even some interest from the international community!

I know some of you newer writers (and some "older") have told me that you are feeling trepidatious. I will just give you a small insight ... this comes with the territory. No matter how many you publish you will always feel the same. For me, it feels like I am peeling back a part of myself and risking it to all of you!

Risky and vulnerable for sure .. but a chance to grow @Munterbacon said it best up a few posts ago ... we can grow and stretch as we get outside of our norm <3

If you have questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Someone in my FB group shared this and it made me laugh but it is so #truth

amJVBqW.jpg

#whytherumisalwaysgone
    My rum is hidden in a closet on a high shelf I need a stool for so that I don't drink it for another 9 months or so . xD (gotta get through breastfeeding too.)
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Good morning, Simlies!

So glad this is being brought back. It’s been so long since I’ve been on the forums, let alone participated in any short story challenge. It sounds like it’s gone through some major changes and I look forward to participating again. I have missed this challenge.

LMAO!!! Yeah, I’m in stage four right now. LOL! In the mornings, it’s cappuccino. But around 4 o’clock (hey, it’s 5 o’clock somewhere), I hit the wine. I must admit, sometimes it goes down really, really good. 😄
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more

I am going to let each author make the call .. I think most will have a good understanding of where they fit .. it will be the honor system <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Good morning, Simlies!

So glad this is being brought back. It’s been so long since I’ve been on the forums, let alone participated in any short story challenge. It sounds like it’s gone through some major changes and I look forward to participating again. I have missed this challenge.

LMAO!!! Yeah, I’m in stage four right now. LOL! In the mornings, it’s cappuccino. But around 4 o’clock (hey, it’s 5 o’clock somewhere), I hit the wine. I must admit, sometimes it goes down really, really good. 😄

It is always 5 o'clock somewhere!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • breckenridgebreckenridge Posts: 44 Member
    I have a question: What do I get when I win?
    My newest chapter-based simlit: Cutback.”
    I have a question: What do I get when I win?

If you win, you get not only the satisfaction of knowing you won but you will also get a lovely graphic that you can place in the story blog that tells you, readers, what place you took in the challenge.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    I am going to let each author make the call .. I think most will have a good understanding of where they fit .. it will be the honor system <3

So that means I can be a beginner? Right?

tenor.gif