Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Last book you've read?

Comments

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Attack of the 50 Foot Wallflower by Christian McKay Heidicker.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    I haven't quite finished it yet but I'm in the middle of one of the Percy Jackson books
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • Hatchet_Face_PrideHatchet_Face_Pride Posts: 2,096 Member
    Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk
    I rather like it- read it a few times before, likely will read again in the future.
    rjsWAWi.jpg?1
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    Grist mill road by Christopher j Yates. So good!
  • SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    The Loud Earth by Elisabeth Murray. I thoroughly enjoyed it until the very end when I felt duped by the ending which I felt left too much to the imagination. The imagery in it is quite beautiful though, and it's very short which I think was in its favour for me. 3.5 :star: personally.
  • SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    Sinility wrote: »
    @luxsylvan I just found it on Amazon! I'm thinking of making it my choice of the month when it is my turn.

I love my book club. We are super laid back, casual and meet for lunch. . it's a whole "girls day out" thing. I would highly recommend a book club, especially if it is just a few close friends, to any one that may be interested.

I also bullet journal - one thing that I did in mine was to make a books to read / books read spread. It has helped me stay on track and motivate me to read more.

I also do bullet journal! Well, I did it from March to around September last year, so still a good six months. I don't really have a proper workspace which is why I don't keep up with it as much as I might like to. I also did a tracker of the books I read last year.

Only thing is with my last book I read about half in December and finished the other half... so which year does it count towards with reading total!! Ahh dilemmas!

Your book club sounds like heaps of fun, I would love to have something like that.
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Clockwork Angel <3
    0XbCG3F
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • 3dwaffle13dwaffle1 Posts: 36 Member
    naruto manga
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman: re-re-reading his 'His Dark Materials' trilogy before reading his new one, a prequel to the series, La Belle Sauvage.
  • PenguinColadaPenguinColada Posts: 76 Member
    East by Edith Pattou
    nwNhIHG.png
    Origin ID: FancyPatsyCat
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    "Different Seasons" by Stephen King.
    Slowly turning into a SK fan.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon
  • g1raff3sg1raff3s Posts: 38 Member
    Children and Fire by Ursula Hegi. I read this book for my Holocaust Literature course.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited March 2019
    The Hanging Tree by Ben Aaronovitch, 6th book in the 'Rivers of London' series. Good, but not his best.
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Rereading lady midnight :)
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    The Tamuli by David Eddings
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Outlander A breath of snow and ashes by Diana Gabaldon. Haven’t finished it yet.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited March 2019
    Agatha Christie's The Moving Finger. (I've just got an omnibus of 3 Miss Marple stories on Kindle cheap). I've been working all through my favourite detective writers, Allingham (including Mark Ripley's new Campion stories), Ngaio Marsh, Colin Watson (Flaxborough), Cyril Hare etc., etc., Very relaxing going back to the 30's, 40's and 50's.
  • MSP_Chicken_NuggetsMSP_Chicken_Nuggets Posts: 23 Member
    Psychic Intelligence by Terry and Linda Johnson
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don’t remember the last book I’ve read but I’m reading Gathering Blue by Louis Lowry
  • ArchieAndVeronicaArchieAndVeronica Posts: 20 Member
    Still reading it but Pet Semetary - Stephen King.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    edited March 2019
    "Good Omens" by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, to decide if I watch the tv mini series or not. Love this book to pieces and don´t want to ruin the pictures in my head. Alas, I still don´t know after reading it again.
    Also, really disgruntled about the fact that Sir Terry is no longer with us.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    1984 by George Orwell. It was okay, I think it just wasn't what I was expecting is all :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    "Good Omens" by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, to decide if I watch the tv mini series or not. Love this book to pieces and don´t want to ruin the pictures in my head. Alas, I still don´t know after reading it again.
    Also, really disgruntled about the fact that Sir Terry is no longer with us.

I might even join Prime to see "Good Omens" as I love this book. The cast looks superb. I have all Pterry's Diskworld books as well. I bought every one of his books from "Sourcery" as a first edition as they came out. He died too young.

(BTW Have you seen that Prime are bringing out a series of "Lord of the Rings" sometime in the future? Set in the distant past, Second age).
  • SireniaxxSireniaxx Posts: 21 Member
    @xxnearlyperfectx I need to pick up Lady Midnight soon <3