Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My pet has to go

EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
I just started a new game and added a kitten, but now I need to let it go, but it seems there is no way, So where I just stared this family. I will just start over.
the pet is driving me crazy and it seems I cannot play my sims as it seems to be all about the Kitten. As I can't control the kitten it is driving me crazy. I don't enjoy the pets, they are to time consuming. The game is all about them. I did like it when I played it about them and my had a veterinary Hosp. but this time around is not good.

Comments

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    There should be an option through your sim's PC -> Household to either sell or adopt out pets you no longer want. You can sell them as kittens or puppies but adult pets must be adopted out.
    6riwm5.png
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    you can just move him out by editing your household from the map.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I recently nuked my pets from existence :D

Went into cas through manage households and clicked on the x buttons where their faces show in the bottom left and there they were gone.

Boy, did I feel guilty lol.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I just started a new game and added a kitten, but now I need to let it go, but it seems there is no way, So where I just stared this family. I will just start over.
    the pet is driving me crazy and it seems I cannot play my sims as it seems to be all about the Kitten. As I can't control the kitten it is driving me crazy. I don't enjoy the pets, they are to time consuming. The game is all about them. I did like it when I played it about them and my had a veterinary Hosp. but this time around is not good.

Evalen, why don't you just take your new family into cas.fulleditmode and remove the pet that way? Easy-peasy. Oh, and I have a granddaughter names Evelyn. ;) Pretty name.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @GalactricGal Well I didn't have the heart to get rid of the cat. she just aged up, everything seems a little better. I never met anyone with my name, until 9 years ago and I move to another state and ran into 5 people with the name Evelyn and said no wonder I never knew anyone with my name, they all live up here. LOL Have a great day with your sims.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @GalactricGal Well I didn't have the heart to get rid of the cat. she just aged up, everything seems a little better. I never met anyone with my name, until 9 years ago and I move to another state and ran into 5 people with the name Evelyn and said no wonder I never knew anyone with my name, they all live up here. LOL Have a great day with your sims.

Off topic, sort of... I named my daughter Evelyn. She's 11. So you can add another one you "know" to the list! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • ArchieAndVeronicaArchieAndVeronica Posts: 20 Member
    You could also give the cat the independent trait (is that what it is called?) They tend to go off on their own and need less attention.
    @BourbonStKate I have decided to keep her. she just aged up and I guess I am getting use to her now. She is cute and I just don't have the heart to let her go now. She does not seem to be such a bother now. I just let my sims do what they want with her. My sims is pregnant now, so I am interested to see what the toddler does with her and how the cat interacts with the toddler. Might be fun to watch
    ChelleJo wrote: »

Off topic, sort of... I named my daughter Evelyn. She's 11. So you can add another one you "know" to the list! :)

@Chellejo, wow so many Evelyn's and a little one at that. LOL. They are everywhere and I never knew it. Have a great day and give my love to Evelyn, Have fun with your sims .
  • VanderhootVanderhoot Posts: 192 Member
    I had one household with a single guy and 5 cats, I cut it down to two. I had one with a cat and dog and removed the cat in CAS. They are incredibly obnoxious. The "fixed" state in CAS doesnt seem to stick, and going to the vet to spay doesnt work either. Not to mention I go back to a household I haven't played in a day or two and the pets are all sick. The pets constantly cant find their food and litter box. The expansion is truly a mess. However I really do like some of the build mode objects with it.
    7He4osW.png?1
    Check out my 1920s homes on the gallery: Vanderhoot13
    @Vanderhoot Yea the pets in sims 4 are not like sims 3 at all. I have not had to take the cat to the vets yet. I do not like that part. You cannot control them either, so they do what they please so to say. So far I have not had any trouble with the litter box or food. before I put the little box down when she was a kitten, she went outside by herself. I was amazed that she did that without training, but the cats are clean animals. Well I am keeping her as I guess she has grown on me. she aged up now to adult. My sim is pregnant, So I am waiting to see how the toddler does with the cat. Have fun with your sims
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    This is why I don't have cats and dogs yet...it's half off right now and I really want everything...except the pets because I've heard (this is not the first time) that they're exhausting to take care of. But Brindleton Bay is so stunning! Regardless I'm glad your pet seems to be working out for you now 😊
  • VanderhootVanderhoot Posts: 192 Member
    @luxsylvan for half off it’s worth it for Brindleton and the build mode objects. Some really cute items. But the pets are awful. As much as i want to like them i just can’t right now.
    7He4osW.png?1
    Check out my 1920s homes on the gallery: Vanderhoot13
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I'm glad you decided to keep your cat. It does get easier once they're an adult. I've only had Cats & Dogs a little over a month and I made the mistake of trying to do an R2R with a kitten in my first save file for the pack. o.O It didn't work out so well with Seasons. Poor kitty was always wet and/or cold and miserable. I had to restart that save file again with only the owner and added the cat (as an adult) later.

I love the pack though. The pets are so well made, the CAS/CAP & Build/Buy is great and the world, oh the world is just gorgeous! The only thing that disappoints me is how all the strays end up dirty and sick. Breaks my heart seeing them like that everywhere.

I haven't had much problem with having to tell my pets to eat, they'll whimper about it, but if you let it go, they'll eventually eat on their own. At least in my experience. The need to tell dogs to go potty is another matter though. I believe it's by design so they'll learn to go outside instead of having accidents in the house. But it's sad seeing the dogs cringe, shake and whine with a pee bubble above their heads. I think it would be better if before they learn to go outside, they just go inside and then the owner can reprimand them each time until they learn to go outside.

A little tip for those who don't have the pack. Don't try to do the Wolf Pack Challenge for your first experience with owning dogs. It's a cool concept for a challenge, but it's very stressful, frustrating and at first not really fun at all! I ended up rage quitting that save file. Not because it was too challenging (although it was VERY), but because of an unfortunate glitch in the game, at least in my game. There's a pile of rotting fish by the shoreline at a fishing spot and my dogs kept getting stuck on it.

I'd notice one of the dogs was missing with a red avy and wonder where they were. They hadn't run away. My Sim would call them but they wouldn't come back from wherever they were. So I right clicked on their avy to go to them and they were filthy laying on that fish pile. My Sim ended up having to leash them and take them home because resetting them wouldn't work either.

With the first dog that happened to, I didn't notice for a long time. My Sim gave him a bath and told him to eat, after which the dog promptly ran away for neglect. GAH! I was so upset! I was hoping it was just a one time thing, but then it happened again and then when it happened a third time, that's when I quit.

Anywaaaaay, I'm glad you're having fun with your cat now. Oh and my maternal Grandmother's name was Evelyn too. :)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2019

all you have to do is put it up for adoption, or delete it in create a sim ;)

I do it a lot with a family with two toddlers. i find myself neglecting the pets with the toddlers annoying demands and there parents for ever canceling anything else they are doing to help the toddlers.

its one thing i hate the most about toddlers how they can override anything else i want my sim to do, cancelling it to take care of a toddler that does not even need it.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon