Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Securing Votes

I need to secure more votes in my politian career - what’s the best way?.. most people are turning me down
tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman

Comments

• N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    The best way is with sims you have a high relationship with.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    treece01 wrote: »
    The best way is with sims you have a high relationship with.

Just raise that friendship bar and then hit them with a “please vote for me”?
    I can do that!

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I find this difficult too, politician is the hardest career because of the daily tasks, not to mention later when you have to get money.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
    sunblond wrote: »
    I find this difficult too, politician is the hardest career because of the daily tasks, not to mention later when you have to get money.

I just need to master it for the NSB challenge but making the request when the relationship is higher seems to be working - will try the same when it comes to donations

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    There's a cooldown, I don't remember how many hours. But you can have a good relationship with only one Sim, and just keep asking them every time the cooldown is over.

If there's no one living with your Sim, you can always ask someone to spend the night or something.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    simple just cheat using the mcc mod for sims4 and max out all relations
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    simple just cheat using the mcc mod for sims4 and max out all relations

But then you get obnoxious phone calls from all your SIM friends. :#

Never had a lot of Sims be friends in a politician career I find if the conversation is going well they'll also more than likely say yes.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Make sure your sim is in a good mood, I like to make sure my politician sim is feeling confident. I'll generally do one or two of the other political discussion options first. Something about talk about/hype issues? Can't recall off hand, but do that one first, and if it goes through and the other sim reacts positively to that, then I'll try to secure the vote. But if that first one fails, then I don't try to get the vote right then, because it absolutely won't work.

I've never been super great friends with any sims first. I just make sure my sim is in a good mood and ask one or two other political career-related questions first to gauge my changes of success.
    a63ftuN.png
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    Don't be Democrat.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Unless you are talking to a Democrat @RosettasStoned :D
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
    There's a cooldown, I don't remember how many hours. But you can have a good relationship with only one Sim, and just keep asking them every time the cooldown is over.

If there's no one living with your Sim, you can always ask someone to spend the night or something.

I've noticed this as I'm on the last leg and need like 8 more votes - that if I wait.. I can try again.. but I dunno how the debate from the left/right works - because it seems like a 50/50 gamble that you'll get it right

"wahoo" - aquaman
    Monday wrote: »
    Make sure your sim is in a good mood, I like to make sure my politician sim is feeling confident. I'll generally do one or two of the other political discussion options first. Something about talk about/hype issues? Can't recall off hand, but do that one first, and if it goes through and the other sim reacts positively to that, then I'll try to secure the vote. But if that first one fails, then I don't try to get the vote right then, because it absolutely won't work.

I've never been super great friends with any sims first. I just make sure my sim is in a good mood and ask one or two other political career-related questions first to gauge my changes of success.

I've begun to start off with general chat and interactions.. then get everyone in a pleasant conversation - promote some policies, maybe make some false promises and if they go down well try and secure the vote - but seems to be better relations are more successful (need to try with a sim I don't really know)

"wahoo" - aquaman
    edited March 2019
    Luckily the total number of secured votes needed for promotion builds on itself so you really only need to worry about the daily tasks.
    If you play a single sim and don't have time to go out into the world you can invite a couple of good acquaintances or friends over and build your social while securing votes.
    If you play with aspirations and save up enough points, the trait that boosts starting relationships makes it super easy to make friends, which is definitely helpful in the political career 😁.
    Also focus on your building charisma skill. I found the most efficient way for me was through social interactions that have the "boost charisma" icon (flattery, compliments, etc... they have a sunglasses icon). It builds relationships, charisma skill and fills social needs all in one shot.
    The thing is, your charisma will build faster when your social need is low and using the same interaction repeatedly will make it less effective.
    Luckily the total number of secured votes needed for promotion builds on itself so you really only need to worry about the daily tasks.
    If you play a single sim and don't have time to go out into the world you can invite a couple of good acquaintances or friends over and build your social while securing votes.
    If you play with aspirations and save up enough points, the trait that boosts starting relationships makes it super easy to make friends, which is definitely helpful in the political career 😁.

what do you mean that the votes build themselves? I haven't noticed anything like that..

"wahoo" - aquaman

what do you mean that the votes build themselves? I haven't noticed anything like that..

Sorry, said that wrong... not builds on itself. I just mean that with each promotion it doesn't wipe your promotion task vote count clean. So if you get extra votes early on they'll count towards your next promotion task quota. I guess it's really not necessary though if you keep up with ther daily tasks or work from home assignments you should be getting plenty of votes to fill the promotion quotas.

Sorry, said that wrong... not builds on itself. I just mean that with each promotion it doesn't wipe your promotion task vote count clean. So if you get extra votes early on they'll count towards your next promotion task quota. I guess it's really not necessary though if you keep up with ther daily tasks or work from home assignments you should be getting plenty of votes to fill the promotion quotas.

ohhhhhh, I get you!!
    -super blonde-

yeah, that makes sense, I managed to get most promotions and that early because he maxed out charisma pretty early on (perks of the NSB challenge I guess) - I have proper struggled with getting some votes and its annoying me :# purely because I have the tick for a promotion and it's the only thing I need to reach level 10

"wahoo" - aquaman
    It seems I have a harder time if they end up in a group conversation for some reason. They seem more successful with one on one conversations. I hate group conversations though, everything always seems to get derailed.
    It seems I have a harder time if they end up in a group conversation for some reason. They seem more successful with one on one conversations. I hate group conversations though, everything always seems to get derailed.

I know what you mean... they end up offending someone with something - or I've found certain interactions don't come up or work in a group conversation such as like the romantic ones tend to miss more

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited March 2019
    Ok Tami Lasagne, whatever that is supposed to mean? Don’t think sims have actual party lines, but whatever, way to politicize it and contribute nothing to the actual post. @PastelMermaid, Raise your friend bar, like suggested; but the best way would be getting the aspiration/trait “incredibly friendly” with the points, then introducing yourself to every sim you get in contact with.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    I have not played the political career in Sims 4 - but I did sort of like the Sims 3 version (in the beginning anyway) where we gave speeches and collected contributions and had rallies. I have no idea if you can do any of those in the Sims 4 version though.

I will be honest and say half way through the Sims 3 version I got a bit bored with it though and ended up dropping that Sim in my rotation.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    edited March 2019
    Monday wrote: »

I've begun to start off with general chat and interactions.. then get everyone in a pleasant conversation - promote some policies, maybe make some false promises and if they go down well try and secure the vote - but seems to be better relations are more successful (need to try with a sim I don't really know)

To be honest with you...I think I'd forgotten that my sim was often on good terms with other sims. I mean, I definitely always promote policies and make false promises before I secure the vote. But now that I'm thinking on it, I'm pretty sure that my political sim also had Good Manners as a trait, so he could use a Polite Introduction and practically already be friends with another sim. I'm over here lying through my teeth because I completely forgot about that.

So yeah. Having the Good Manners trait with a polite introduction goes a long way to winning other sims over quickly.

a63ftuN.png