Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tuning Mods, what are they?

I've been decrapifying houses off of the exchange and tsr and then sorting there CC into folders. I've noticed a lot of Tuning Mods. What are they? Can I just delete them? I also have a lot of Unknown types. I know one of is always the lot itself, but what are the rest?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    A Tuning Mod is a package file done up in XML that changes the default ways in which the game operates. Some popular examples would be no singing in the shower, meals that are group servings default to some other number instead of 8, no (fewer, or more) zombies spawning, more difficult (or easier) homework, etc., the list could go on for miles. Tuning Mods are different from Script and Core Mods because the latter are complied code that run alongside of the game engine whereas Tuning Mods are read once during startup, their changes get applied for that session, and then they are ignored.

None of this has anything to do with downloaded residential lots though. I suspect whatever tool you are using to identify the contents of the download is misidentifying those contents in these cases. You can't hide a Tuning Mod in a lot sims3pack as it just won't do anything in there. They have to be in Mods\Packages to work if that's what they really are.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    I'm using CC magic. Can I just delete them?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2019
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    I'm using CC magic. Can I just delete them?
    Sure, but without knowing what the content is actually supposed to be you would be flying blind and not know what you aren't getting or what was intended (or not intended) to be packed in that way.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    Thanks maybe I'll experiment with it when I'm not so busy playing the game.