Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 StrangerVille - Now available on Origin!

Comments

• Gin_Sin_13Gin_Sin_13 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @LoppyLoo said:
    > hey everyone. is anyone having problem trying to buy and download the sims 4 strangerville i can't get it on origin. its not showing up at all :( i would like to play the game :(

I am also having this issue. It is 7pm EST, and origin says its available but when I attempt to purchase, it says it is not purchasable. My guess some major bugs and they pulled it???
  • shannonavashannonava Posts: 20 Member
    > @LoppyLoo said:
    > hey everyone. is anyone having problem trying to buy and download the sims 4 strangerville i can't get it on origin. its not showing up at all :( i would like to play the game :(

I had this same problem - I tried loads of different things and I finally found a fix.

Google search: CLEAR CACHE TO FIX PROBLEMS WITH YOUR GAMES

It's a link to the EA Help site and should be the top one!

Hope it works for you!
  • shannonavashannonava Posts: 20 Member
    > @KaeChan2089 said:
    > I also noticed something that really irks me about the trailer, WHY just WHY is the sims talking english in this trailer? That is one thing that makes the sims so unique is their language...-sigh-

My theory:

Whereas people in real life might talk gobble-de-🐸🐸🐸🐸 when they've gone 'mad', in Sim-world, that's their normal language is so instead they speak English???
  • AspensongAspensong Posts: 106 Member
    Okay, I apologize to anyone who may have seen my post and to Rtas who shouldn't have had to put it between spoilers. I guess it was TMI. I want to try to give a bit of advice without giving away the story/mystery.
    for those of us who tend to hop around between aspirations: DON'T. Your sim might not get credit for everything even if they have done everything.
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited March 2019
    Well Well

Another thread of mine became a DLC (Only took, what? 4 years ?), its not much but it is a start, now i only need a few more occults and a good sale to crack the price of these packs to something reasonable lol.
    jr73Y.gif

• BubbleBBubbleB Posts: 3 New Member
    Idk if it is just me, but ever since the new update/Strangerville installation my sims conversions will not hold, they will interact once and then that's the end of the conversion.
  • lazyjuniperlazyjuniper Posts: 65 Member
    My opinion on "experiment" pack without spoilers. I am sorry for my English.

I enjoyed story. New features are nice (possessed <3 military, listening devices, blackmail). As for new town it is beatiful BUT small - there are so many decorative "shell houses" so it was confusing at start. This pack also lacks on build/buy items so houses look very basic - base game level basic.

Best part: immersion, funny and disturbing things. I want to put here a comparison with "My first pet" (which I do not own, judging official twitch video): new death in MFP is very creepy, MFP's funny things are too much (pill to dumb your pet and costume in afterlife for example). And Strangerville has a perfect balance of Sims weirdeness in my opinion.

Story packs in future: while I am desparate for occult pack(s) which are not even confirmed at this point...

tenor.gif?itemid=13628541

...it is refreshing for once not roleplay story (for example, Apocalypse challenge and Holy Sanctuary challenge) and that something actually happens in the world and even progressing with all FX.
    So yes, I would like to see more story packs in the feature BUT in this genre and no less.
  • xGallifreyanGirlxxGallifreyanGirlx Posts: 65 Member
    Does anyone know when this will be available to purchase through Amazon? I've been refreshing my search since 9:30 PST with no luck.
    Same. I was wondering when the buy online code page for Strangerville will show up too?
  • BizzleBizzle Posts: 1 New Member
    Looking forward to getting this pack. :)
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    @KaeChan2089 Trailer was translated from Simlish!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • MadameSimMadameSim Posts: 29 Member
    Strangerville is a beautiful neighborhood. I was never one for desert-type neighborhoods in the past (Strangetown, Lucky Palms, Oasis Springs) but there's something delightfully atmospheric about this sprawling grand canyon town. I loved the linear gameplay of Strangerville and hope for either an extension of this story further down the line or additional neighborhoods that follow in this same straing of gameplay.

My gripes with it was that the conspiracy theory slant wasn't given more meat, with smaller mysteries to uncover that related back to the game somehow, like the Goth family or those horrifying gnomes. I feel like Get to Work could have tied well into this neighborhood as well, with people asking too many questions being sent to jail and having to pay bail or get bailed out, people being hospitalized, as well as any crossover connection between Strangerville and the Get to Work aliens. I also wish that, like Get to Work, Strangerville would have had a designated work location for military personnel and scientists. These things could have really provided replay value as I now struggle to find a reason to play the story again. Strangerville's saving grace really is how truly beautiful and eclectic it all looks and feels.
  • cazzimcazzim Posts: 6 New Member
    anyone know if this game will be able with resellers. ?
    I see sites like : joybuggy.dk/the-sims-4-strangerville have the game but its a unknown delivery ?
  • RuebyBlazeRuebyBlaze Posts: 4 New Member
    When will this be available on Amazon? It's been out a couple of weeks now.
  • Depper12Depper12 Posts: 25 Member
    i think it was an intresseting choice but the pack is pretty god but only something i wanna do one time
  • eriennextoneriennexton Posts: 10 New Member
    So, I've been enjoying the military career so far--- but now I'm at the point where my daily task is to give orders to Sims.
    I have had to use a cheat code in my cheatless game, just so my sims needs wouldn't go down and I could -nonstop- give orders to sims. Non. Stop. And that still resulted in me only getting it 50% done before work the next day.
    Am I missing some vital piece of information that will boost me to 100% or...is it really just unnecessarily difficult?
  • Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    RuebyBlaze wrote: »
    When will this be available on Amazon? It's been out a couple of weeks now.

Don't know about Amazon but the UK retailer GAME has a pre order available now for Strangerville for Friday 15 March.
    So I imagine Amazon and such will be the same and they're just not bothering putting the product up til it's out.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Definitely have been enjoying the story mode of StrangerVille. Made my main character for this a cross between David Duchovney's character from The X Files and David Duchovney's character from Twin Peaks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkPALneB_k4
  • Sampeck95Sampeck95 Posts: 10 New Member
    Does anyone know if you can play through the strangerville mystery more than once? I'd like to play, but I'd also like to let my wife try it too.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Sampeck95 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can play through the strangerville mystery more than once? I'd like to play, but I'd also like to let my wife try it too.

Hello @Sampeck95 :)
    This is a link to a guide to the pack.
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-strangerville-guide/
    There is a way to bring the weirdness back again. I won’t describe it though as it contains spoilers and would ruin the mystery if you haven’t played.
    But it may be best to not read the guide though until after solving the mystery.
  • BluegalelageulBBluegalelageulB Posts: 5 New Member
    I was watching Laurenzside on YouTube complete the Strangerville mystery, and it's..... weird
  • LGBTincLGBTinc Posts: 41 Member
    If you haven't played this yet, you should try! It's lots of fun!
    sims-baby.jpg
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sampeck95 wrote: »

I think there's a way to reset the mystery, or you could just start a brand new save. I duplicated my Template file and that will have the world stay weird, while my current save (which I renamed Normalville Template) will have the mystery solved. That way I can choose what scenario I want.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • KUSHSIMMERKUSHSIMMER Posts: 32 Member
    Definitely gonna check this pack out!
    check me out//KUSHSIMMER
    3q7jdFe.png
  • jamiebaby212jamiebaby212 Posts: 23 Member
    I still haven't tried this yet, going to have to invest!! :D
  • jamiebaby212jamiebaby212 Posts: 23 Member
    > @KaeChan2089 said:
    > I also noticed something that really irks me about the trailer, WHY just WHY is the sims talking english in this trailer? That is one thing that makes the sims so unique is their language...-sigh-

I knowww! Simlish is everything