Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Normal Strangerville

Hi everyone,
I have played strangerville mystery, and liked it very much but i think it is too short...
But I would like to start a new game and new life in this town, but without the mystery, or possessed people or strange plants... - everyday normal life
Is it possible?

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    From what I understand, not a new game/save. You will have to go through it again.

But you can live in the town as normal now that you've defeated in your current save.
  • marinapjanicmarinapjanic Posts: 109 Member
    I understand that, but many people are still possessed...
    I would like a new game, new town without strangeness
  • grnblzgrnblz Posts: 249 Member
    Once you have completed the mystery part of the game, it takes a few days for everyone to get back to normal. At least it did in my game. I just kept playing with the Sim that solved the puzzle and everything was fine but you will see a difference in a few sim days.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Can you save the game after you solve the mystery, to a new name and use it to play in with a new sim. like evict the old sim and add another sim.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    There are cheats you can use that completes the challenge very quickly and requires nothing but a few minutes of typing. I know a lot of people don't like cheats, but at least you could get quickly to the end of the challenge.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/strangerville/cheats.php
    https://sims-online.com/sims-4-strangerville-cheats-complete-storyline/

Mylita

No friends requests, please.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    Can you save the game after you solve the mystery, to a new name and use it to play in with a new sim. like evict the old sim and add another sim.

Yes, you can, it's just like any other save.
    After I finish it, and bring mother back so that Strangerville remains strange, is there a way to upgrade toilets to prevent vine growth? I don't care if the whole town goes to hell in a handbasket, but I want one lot. One lousy single lot to be free from the afflictions of Mother. Is that possible? Are those upgrades available?

If not, they should be! (For story-telling purposes of course, and the we rule thingy....)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    After I finish it, and bring mother back so that Strangerville remains strange, is there a way to upgrade toilets to prevent vine growth? I don't care if the whole town goes to hell in a handbasket, but I want one lot. One lousy single lot to be free from the afflictions of Mother. Is that possible? Are those upgrades available?

If not, they should be! (For story-telling purposes of course, and the we rule thingy....)

Bwa ha ha :smiley:

My next sim that is going to face the strangeness is so going to live in Oasis Springs and commute, bike or just plain hike back. Never knew that I had the squeamish trait.
  • shadowhunter__simsshadowhunter__sims Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know if child sims can be infected? What about pets? I've tried to google this several times but nothing came up. I searched "kids possessed sims 4" and "kids infected strangerville sims", etc. Pretty sure the NSA thinks I'm a crazy person now. lol :)
    Does anyone know if child sims can be infected? What about pets? I've tried to google this several times but nothing came up. I searched "kids possessed sims 4" and "kids infected strangerville sims", etc. Pretty sure the NSA thinks I'm a crazy person now. lol :)

haha. Do you have the paranoid trait?
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member

No, toddlers & children can't be infected; only teens & up. Not sure about pets, but don't think so?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I figured someone would come up with a mod.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Starfree wrote: »

No, toddlers & children can't be infected; only teens & up. Not sure about pets, but don't think so?

Pets are safe.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Mylita wrote: »
    There are cheats you can use that completes the challenge very quickly and requires nothing but a few minutes of typing. I know a lot of people don't like cheats, but at least you could get quickly to the end of the challenge.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/strangerville/cheats.php
    https://sims-online.com/sims-4-strangerville-cheats-complete-storyline/

Mylita

I still thank you for that as there are some cheats I will use as long as it doe not increase my sims wealth I want them to work hard for that money. Thanks for providing the links. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    grnblz wrote: »
    Once you have completed the mystery part of the game, it takes a few days for everyone to get back to normal. At least it did in my game. I just kept playing with the Sim that solved the puzzle and everything was fine but you will see a difference in a few sim days.

I used the cheat a few minutes ago. At first it looked like nothing happened, but now it's starting to look more like a normal town, lots of sims from the other worlds are walking around now. Still a few weird plants & a couple of infected sims, but not much else is happening. I hope that means I did it right.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

That hasn't been the motto in quite awhile...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Twistedmexi!!! yesss! Downloading right now!
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/