Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a cheat that turns a ghost into a living solid sim?

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
I added a family to my game, from the gallery, and part of this family are ghost. I left them this way to keep the family connection intact. The problem with this is they don't have tombstones, and I want to bring them back to life by using cheats. Is there a cheat that will restore a ghost into a living sim?

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    I don't know about cheats, but you can make Ambrosia to revive your ghost sims. If you have Romantic Garden Stuff I think you can use the wishing well too.
  • jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    You can have MCCC and use the command "revive sim"
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    edited March 2019
    Removing the death trait (found in the simology panel and tells how this sim died) won't help, so like others have said, either make an ambrosia or use the wishing well from Romantic Garden stuff.
    But you can use cheats to revive the ghost faster.

Ambrosia method:
    • Enter this cheat in build mode:
      bb.showhiddenobjects

• And search for angelfish, death flower, and potion of youth. You'll have to search them in the search bar.
    • Find a sim who you want to cook it and max the cooking skills by using these cheats:
      stats.set_skill_level major_homestylecooking 10
      stats.set_skill_level major_gourmetcooking 10

• Put the ingredients into either a fridge or that sim's inventory and have them make the ambrosia.
    • After it's done, have ghost eat it and they will be resurrected.

Wishing well method (Romantic Garden stuff required):
    • Buy a wishing well and enter this cheat:
      testingcheats on

• Now by shift-clicking on it you can change its outcome. You'll want either positive or overwhelmingly positive outcome.
    • Have your ghost wish for life.
    • If you pick positive outcome, your sim will either receive ingredients to ambrosia or ready-made ambrosia. Either do it again and again to get a ready-made ambrosia or have a sim with maxed cooking skill make one with the ingredients.
    • If you pick overwhelmingly positive outcome, your sim will be resurrected and get immunity to unnatural death like unlucky sims in The Sims 3 (That means that sim can die, but they'll be brought back to life unless sim dies by old age).
  • Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    I downloaded ambrosia from the gallery and had my ghost eat it. Worked fine. Search in rooms.
  • imabbiimabbi Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Montrase102 said:
    > I downloaded ambrosia from the gallery and had my ghost eat it. Worked fine. Search in rooms.

Thank you!!
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    All you need to do is remove the ghost trait which you can do if you have ui extensions with a simple shift click on the sim and then remove trait.

There's lots of ways to do it without cheating though, if you have romantic garden you can wish to be alive again (not guaranteed to work though)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    edited May 2019
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Removing the death trait (found in the simology panel and tells how this sim died) won't help,[...]
    It won't? I just tried
    traits.remove_trait trait_ghost_Laugher

on Aghostus Caesar and it worked like a charm. Just look up the hidden trait in ShowSimInfo and get rid of it.

EDIT: These should be the cheats for each death:
    traits.remove_trait trait_ghost_Fire
    traits.remove_trait trait_ghost_OldAge
    traits.remove_trait trait_ghost_Hunger
    traits.remove_trait trait_ghost_Drown
    traits.remove_trait trait_ghost_Electrocution
    traits.remove_trait trait_ghost_Cowplant
    traits.remove_trait trait_ghost_Laugher
    traits.remove_trait trait_ghost_Anger
    traits.remove_trait trait_ghost_Embarrassment
    traits.remove_trait trait_ghost_ElderExhaustion
    traits.remove_trait trait_ghost_Steam
    traits.remove_trait trait_ghost_Pufferfish
    traits.remove_trait trait_ghost_Vampire_Sun
    traits.remove_trait trait_ghost_Overheat
    traits.remove_trait trait_ghost_MotherPlant
  • Lexi89898Lexi89898 Posts: 1 New Member
    I used the mc command center you can call forth the ghost on the gravestone and then click mc and look through the commands and it will say revive sim.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited September 2020
    Just to repeat what others have said, using the cheats to remove the death trait definitely works, and it's the easiest way to revive a ghost without a grave or urn
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    jupkmn wrote: »
    You can have MCCC and use the command "revive sim"

Omg!! All this time I was wishing on wells for days and struggling to make ambrosia when it's this easy?!! 😱😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Or if you have a spellcaster they can dedeathify them.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top