Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game card payment

I want to buy the new game pack game, but I can’t seem to find a store that has an ea game card or a sims game card? Any advice about other payment methods?
tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif

Comments

• g1raff3sg1raff3s Posts: 38 Member
    I personally link my PayPal account to my Origin account. If you do not have a debit or credit card to link with PayPal, PayPal does sell cards preloaded with amounts - around the areas where other gift cards are bought. If you don’t want to worry about PayPal (I just like their policies and security of my payments), you can always just purchase a preloaded MasterCard or Visa gift card!
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    In case you haven't seen it, there's some info here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/ea-cash-card-information/- it looks like there's only a few shops that sell them.

If you aren't over 18, you should still be able to get a debit card, I had my first one when I was 12. If you are over 18, I definitely recommend setting up a PayPal account, it's safe and speedy. Or you can just go the standard debit/credit card route, Origin is super easy to purchase through.

Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    edited March 2019
    g1raff3s wrote: »
    I personally link my PayPal account to my Origin account. If you do not have a debit or credit card to link with PayPal, PayPal does sell cards preloaded with amounts - around the areas where other gift cards are bought. If you don’t want to worry about PayPal (I just like their policies and security of my payments), you can always just purchase a preloaded MasterCard or Visa gift card!

I purchased a preloaded master card from my grocery store while I was waiting for my credit card to come in the mail and I couldn't use it to buy a game. I didn't try it in origin but I tried big fish games and steam, neither place would accept the card. So before purchasing a prepaid credit card you should make sure that the site you plan on buying the game from will accept it.

Here's a list of the payment options origin will accept; even though it says master card or visa it does not say prepaid master card or prepaid visa.

Payment methods vary based on your location and currency. Depending on where you are in the world, you can pay for your purchase with payment methods like:

Alipay
    American Express
    BoaCompra Credit Card
    Carte Bancaire
    Direct Debit
    iDeal SEPA
    SEPA
    Discover
    Dotpay
    EA Cash Card and your EA Wallet Balance
    Gold Wallet
    iDeal
    Ingenico Hosted Card
    JCB
    KCP Credit Card
    MasterCard
    PayPal
    Qiwi
    Trustly
    Visa/Visa Debit
    Visa Electron
    Webmoney
    Yandex
    Yandex Credit Card
    Yandex Qiwi
    Yandex Wallet
  • g1raff3sg1raff3s Posts: 38 Member
    @DragonAge_300905 - Oh no! I'm sorry that method didn't work for you. As far as Origin or other platforms accepting the cards directly, I'm not sure. I have linked one of those prepaid cards that I had lying around from Christmas with my PayPal account and the payment goes through for me on Origin. Maybe that method would work on other platforms as well?