Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community

Comments

• M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    edited March 2019
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    I know who the Mole is! :p Hoping to see the episode subbed soon so we can have a short afterparty. And then go for the main course tomorrow! :smiley: 🇧🇪

I just finished De Mol 2018... so I’m ready for De Mol 2019 to start now ;)
    Bwahah, such a genius move to have a priest be the Mole! XD And a priest with an interesting language choice at that... :joy:

Behind the scenes factoid: You remember the wrestling match where Big Baha and Holy Pieter were announced on a poster.
    Production did in fact make up a wrestling name for all contestants this season. They are in fact: Cat Kelly, Channy the Cheetah, Jolly "Jumper" Jeffrey, Queen Katrien, Don Steve, Christmas Joke, Pascale The Commander and Loco Lloyd. :joy::joy: But how did that poster hang there just minutes after Pieter and Baha were chosen by the group?
    Well, production had in fact a cool picture ready for every contestant. Just a matter of quickly Photoshopping them in the poster,
    printing it out and pasting it. :)

I love those small behind the scenes fun facts XD
    Banner.png
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I still need to get that link to the Belgian one that was posted when I'm actually at a computer. I keep thinking of it only when I'm on my phone xD
    Guess Smarties was right, it's Merel!

Shame that only 11 challenges were shown, and the clues are only on the website again. I've been working on translating them already. Try to finish asap.
    Banner.png
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    On a side note, did De Mol 6 have hints too... There only seemed to be one shown... Do they not do them in Belgium anymore? :S
    edited March 2019
    On a side note, did De Mol 6 have hints too... There only seemed to be one shown... Do they not do them in Belgium anymore? :S

There were a few, but less than I expected as well. :/
    Pieter blinking 'Verraad' in morse after every execution... kinda far-fetched imo.
    Banner.png

Pieter blinking 'Verraad' in morse after every execution... kinda far-fetched imo.
    So there wasn't any more? No religious imagery... No initials hidden anyway... Just blinking :\
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,714 Member
    Yes, Smarties was right! But Merel was good! This is the lowest that the winner got!

So there wasn't any more? No religious imagery... No initials hidden anyway... Just blinking :\
    I believe there was more officials, but not much. My sister noticed quite some crucifixes during the season and during the week before all contestants were revealed there was the "Heb je mij gemist" campaign (a 'mis' is Dutch for a Catholic church service), but they weren't official clues. Eline had many more clues leading towards her.
    Banner.png
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Yes, Smarties was right! But Merel was good! This is the lowest that the winner got!
    I did the math; €10.150 is in total around 21,5% of what could have been earned if everything went in the pot.
    The lowest relative pot ever was around 16%, which - ironically - was the highest pot in euros ever and happened way back in 2002... The stakes used to be much higher back in the day :relieved:
    Banner.png
    WIDM 2019'S HIDDEN CLUES, TRANSLATED BY ME FROM THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    The biggest hint to the Mole's identity this season was in the leader.

Every episode one challenge was replaced with puzzle pieces on a lake. If you scramble the first letters of the names of the challenges you get MOL IS IV. IV is the Roman number for 4. Merel appears 4th in the leader. Besides that did the puzzle pieces together make a portrait of Mole Merel. The guys in the water took the Mole "In Tow", the title of episode 1.

As usual all the other episode titles also refer to the Mole.

"Counted Out”, the title of episode 2, refers to the Mole who during challenges craves to get the best for themselves. At “Count From Far” the Mole tries to earn as little money as possible by giving wrong answers. And at “Shining Off” the Mole took money from the laser track. The contestants could all earn the exact same amount of money, but nobody did the math there.

Episode 3’s title was “Didn’t Made It” (Niet Gered). The Mole lost the challenge “Towering Crazy” by knocking over the joker tower. Opponent Evelien won three jokers and the Mole had “three against” (Lit.: drie tegen). An anagram of the episode title. And during the final challenge “On Steps”/”Perform” the Mole didn’t make it to announce to Rik the group would play for 30 minutes while the group agreed to play 45 minutes. The challenge titles during the episode also refer to the Mole. At “Hanging Out the Flag” the Mole can be seen in a shot with the Colombian flag. And the Mole was “Towering Crazy” (NL: Stapelgek) to hold a piece with the word Mol on it on her forehead. To use the same words as the Mole herself: “You’d almost think it’s a clue.”

The episode title “Getting Crowded” refers to the Mole who sees the hotel room getting busier/more crowded as people enter after the rooftop execution. And later in episode 4, during the challenge “Serenade” there’s also a hint to the Mole’s identity. On a balcony the text says: “The balcony of Merel ends on 13”. The thirteenth letter of the alphabet is M. The M of Mole and Merel. Besides that the Mole stands on the right balcony during the challenge and literally says: “I’m standing right. I’m certainly standing right, because I’m standing on 13”. A reference to her briefing knowledge and also her identity. But a Mole would never stand right of course. And so she’s standing on the wrong balcony at the end of the challenge.

The title of episode 5 was “Blinding”. The Mole blinds Robèrt by doing both the challenges “Street Image” and “Key Hanger” right with him. He doesn’t see her as a main suspect any longer and gets executed.

Episode 6 is titled “Pull Out”. It’s a reference to pulling out a sabotage during the challenge “Left/Right”. At the end of the challenge the total amount of the envelopes was €1200, while €1900 could’ve been earned. Who counted out on that, a reference back to the title of episode 2, could’ve realised that during the challenge “Shining Off” money had been purloined that was of really good use now. The Mole pulled out high money amounts out of her envelopes and put in lower ones.

Episode 9’s title was ”Motive”/(lit)”Floating Feather”. During the challenge “Loghead”/”Tribe Chief” wooden disks were floating by that were thrown in the water by the Mole, the Mole’s head floated away, and later on the Mole was visible with a feather. Besides that, during the challenge “Keep on Turning”/(lit)“Going Mad” didn’t only have the songs of the contestants playing, but also the following numbers: 24k Magic, I’m Coming Out, Vision of Love, Ride With Me. The first letters of the final words make MOL M. A direct reference to Mole Merel. And at last, during the same challenge only the Mole’s guilty pleasure wasn’t playing. A Mole would rather keep their guilty pleasures secret.
    Banner.png
    Seen the first episode of De Mol this evening. Pretty great way of how they handledit. More excited for this season already than I was for Widm! :smiley::star:
    Banner.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Gonna watch it later :0
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Nikkie's brother died shortly after she left? How awful

Sarah is at 42%. I guess a lot of people had the same thoughts

Oh, lots of young Mole fans. The show's appeal is wide

So it was Merel. :0 It's like Jan all over again. I think this means Sarah wins

Sarah wins :0 So my desired outcome was flipped. Merel is the mole and Sarah won

I wonder if Merel's "mistake" with the joker was an act too

Lowest pot ever :D

Another sabotage edited out in the laser challenge. Sneaky

More editing in the banana challenge

Congrats to Sarah again!
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    edited March 2019
    Watching it now, and it just got to the audience part. "Moms are always right. It's Merel because I couldn't find enough on her." That is exactly why I expect her to be the Mol, and Niels to be the winner just because it's unexpected.

Wow Sarah won :O But I was right about Merel xD
    Oh, and they never did address
    Merel accidentally giving the joker to Niels and her getting the envelope for 2 red screens

i'm guessing the two red screens was staged and they don't want to give away that they had her pick it on purpose to keep to 10 episodes.
    Shadami wrote: »
    i'm guessing the two red screens was staged and they don't want to give away that they had her pick it on purpose to keep to 10 episodes.
    Kind of unfair if that's the case, because the show offered two chances to prevent an execution, and they took both opportunities and earned them fairly.

icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Kind of unfair if that's the case, because the show offered two chances to prevent an execution, and they took both opportunities and earned them fairly.
    It's happened before that multiple chances to prevent an execution were taken. Usually there's an extra execution in episode 9 when that happens.
    Banner.png
    It's happened before that multiple chances to prevent an execution were taken. Usually there's an extra execution in episode 9 when that happens.
    So it was rigged :D They could've been more honest about it

Not neccessarily, I mean that if nobody got the double execution, then it's likely someone would've left in episode 9.
    Presumably between the challenges of that episode.

They keep all possible outcomes in mind when planning a season.
    Banner.png
    Not neccessarily, I mean that if nobody got the double execution, then it's likely someone would've left in episode 9.
    Presumably between the challenges of that episode.

They keep all possible outcomes in mind when planning a season.
    Hmm...true. It was just a matter of scheduling the double execution earlier or not 🤔

Seen the first episode of De Mol this evening. Pretty great way of how they handledit. More excited for this season already than I was for Widm! :smiley::star:

Watching it now!
    Vietnam :O Gosh, why not Australia :P

OMG... Starting with no mole O.O This is the season with no prior info, right? They jump straight in and BOOM they're the mole XD Ooof... Exciting stuff!

Ingrid doesn't run XD Ingrid doesn't jump XD I love it XD

Also, the fact that none of them are the mole yet means that once the mole becomes the mole, they'll have to act like they were before else they'll be caught XD Imagine not being prepared for that knowledge XD

Juggling to choose who jumps first XD That's crazy XD
    What a great challenge to start XD

I'm guessing the sentence is "Er is nog geen mol... Something" XD

Liesbeth and Elisabet XD Hard to distinguish the names...

I got majority of it XD i just didn't know the word for chosen O.O

OMG, Imagine your excitement that it could still be you, when you thought you had no chance XD

I love the reactions of "We're thinking of making you the mole" XD

Dedication, they all went and learnt how to juggle <3 That's amazing.

Oof that's a harsh phone call. I've heard a few heartbreaking phonecalls for shows I almost got in, but not "You are not the mole" kinda phone call... Harsh XD

I don't know if I like this "screen showing possible moles" scenario... It's kinda brutal not knowing for sure if you're the mole, or forcing people to have on and off chances of being the mole or not. Like don't torture them, they're probably been through hell to even got on the show >.>

I hope Ingrid is the mole XD

Ingrid with her suspicious drinking in the back of the van XD

What a thought provoking first episode :O
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,714 Member
    Where's the link? Where's the link? Don't be cruel :s
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Where's the link? Where's the link? Don't be cruel :s

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x740hq4

Check the link in the description. I'd recommend the mega nz link.
    Banner.png