Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm having difficulty finding the main menu that is supposed to be on the computers. Does it not work with the laptop that comes with Strangerville? If not, I'll just wait until I get them to the Library to make the changes that I want to make.

Edited to add: Answered my own question. No, the laptop does not have the menu, but the rest of the computers do. :)
    Post edited by Faoiltearna on
  • Options
    alfardialfardi Posts: 116 Member
    -Possible bug for import tray household-

The import tray from gallery works fine with other NPC roles like pet owners in vet clinic, mixologist, paparazi, etc, but not with the NPC bar regulars (random created townies for hanging at bar lot).

I tried every option available (100% tray import, disable limit type, etc), but still they are spawned as Hasegawa, Ikeda, Gandhi, Chandran, Kobayashi, and other japanese-indian-arabic names from city living.

anyone have this issue?
  • Options
    SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    I'm having trouble finding the correct settings. I want most of my sims to be married when they get pregnant. But like rl some teens will get pregnant, and also some out of marriage pregnancy will happen. I have no idea how to make this happen with MCCC. Right now it seems like everyone is getting pregnant, almost all of the households are full and most of them are female. Where are all the men? I also want young adult sims to move out of the house to start their own family, but it seems like all of the households are generational right now.
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm having difficulty finding the main menu that is supposed to be on the computers. Does it not work with the laptop that comes with Strangerville? If not, I'll just wait until I get them to the Library to make the changes that I want to make.

Edited to add: Answered my own question. No, the laptop does not have the menu, but the rest of the computers do. :)

You can always call the MCCC main menu typing
    mc_settings

in the command line (shift+cmd+c). You can do this even if there is no computer on the lot, for example if you're on a public lot.
    mccc

calls the active sim's MCCC menu, while
    mc_cheats

calls the MCCC menu from the mailbox.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    alfardi wrote: »
    -Possible bug for import tray household-

The import tray from gallery works fine with other NPC roles like pet owners in vet clinic, mixologist, paparazi, etc, but not with the NPC bar regulars (random created townies for hanging at bar lot).

I tried every option available (100% tray import, disable limit type, etc), but still they are spawned as Hasegawa, Ikeda, Gandhi, Chandran, Kobayashi, and other japanese-indian-arabic names from city living.

anyone have this issue?

I haven't heard of this issue so far. You might come over to our Discord to discuss with Deaderpool (MCCC creator) what you found out.
    Use this invitation: https://discord.gg/wVXKzGq
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Hey Folks. I have custom spans for aging set via MCCC. I’ve noticed recently that when I create new Young Adult Sims, they are having 24 days until Adult and are about 1/4 to 1/3 through their aging bar already. I’m kind of expecting fresh Sims to have 35 days and a full bar left until aging up (with maybe a couple of days difference here and there between individual Sims).
    I can deal with this if necessary, but I’m wondering if there is some sort of workaround?
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    When you set aging, did you notice
    NRowe wrote: »
    Hey Folks. I have custom spans for aging set via MCCC. I’ve noticed recently that when I create new Young Adult Sims, they are having 24 days until Adult and are about 1/4 to 1/3 through their aging bar already. I’m kind of expecting fresh Sims to have 35 days and a full bar left until aging up (with maybe a couple of days difference here and there between individual Sims).
    I can deal with this if necessary, but I’m wondering if there is some sort of workaround?

When you set your custom age spans, did you notice an option to Use Random Aging? EA's new default. You'll wnat to disable that, then your sims will start at the beginning of whatever life stage you pick.
    image.png
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited March 2019
    Thanks @SimTresa. I haven’t spotted the setting for Random Aging. Maybe I need to look harder.

Come to think of it, what I really want now is some advice how to set up with a longer lifespan. I still want a custom span, but I am going to play closer to LONG by EA standards than NORMAL.

Do I need to start a new save so that all the townies will have a longer lifespan?
    Do I set the Game Options (the EA default game menus) to LONG?
    When setting the age spans I want, do I put in the EXACT number of days I want, or will that setting be affected by turning on Long lifespan? {Does that make sense, it’s one of the most important questions}
    Besides changing the lifespans to the lengths I want, do I benefit from changing another other MCCC settings (off the top of my head I think I’m going to make pregnancy longer).
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    Thanks @SimTresa. I haven’t spotted the setting for Random Aging. Maybe I need to look harder.

Come to think of it, what I really want now is some advice how to set up with a longer lifespan. I still want a custom span, but I am going to play closer to LONG by EA standards than NORMAL.

Do I need to start a new save so that all the townies will have a longer lifespan?
    Do I set the Game Options (the EA default game menus) to LONG?
    When setting the age spans I want, do I put in the EXACT number of days I want, or will that setting be affected by turning on Long lifespan? {Does that make sense, it’s one of the most important questions}
    Besides changing the lifespans to the lengths I want, do I benefit from changing another other MCCC settings (off the top of my head I think I’m going to make pregnancy longer).

You're welcome.
    Nope, just make sure all your current saves are set to the same lifespan length.
    Long is always going to be 4 times whatever you have in MCCC, so you're better off setting it to normal. The MCCC default is the same as the normal span. I know this because when I changed them, my one save that was on long lifespan ended up four times longer than the numbers I chose.
    I think you'll have to test those out in game and see if everything works the way you want. I like the pregnancy span where it is, but that's just me and how I play.
    image.png
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Is there any way to disable other Sims from using specific skin details? For some reason, every townie I see is using this one skin detail and it completely bugs them out. I need it for my own Sim. I remember an older version had a blacklist in the dresser, but I can no longer find it from the computer menu.
  • Options
    NoTalent wrote: »
    Is there any way to disable other Sims from using specific skin details? For some reason, every townie I see is using this one skin detail and it completely bugs them out. I need it for my own Sim. I remember an older version had a blacklist in the dresser, but I can no longer find it from the computer menu.

Try this:
    Computer:MCCC > MC Dresser > Blacklist Items > Skin Details

Remarks:
    Only available, if the target sim has skin details defined. Use "Sim:MCCC > MC Dresser > Outfit Commands > Clean Outfits" or "Mailbox:MC Cheats > > Dresser Clean all Sims" to clean outfits from blacklisted items. Even though this could technically be set using custom skins, I would not recommend it. This is really for blacklisting skin details that EA likes to use on random Sims like acne or forehead wrinkles. The "Custom Skin Tones" options in MC Dresser should be used for custom skins. There are no whitelist options for skin details, only blacklist. If a blacklist skin detail is found, it will just remove that. There is no need for whitelisted items, which really come-into play when a blacklisted item can't be replaced/removed. In the MC Dresser > Blacklist Items menu, there will be an option for "Skin Details" if the selected Sim has any skin details. It can then be added to the blacklist.
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »

Try this:
    Computer:MCCC > MC Dresser > Blacklist Items > Skin Details

Remarks:
    Only available, if the target sim has skin details defined. Use "Sim:MCCC > MC Dresser > Outfit Commands > Clean Outfits" or "Mailbox:MC Cheats > > Dresser Clean all Sims" to clean outfits from blacklisted items. Even though this could technically be set using custom skins, I would not recommend it. This is really for blacklisting skin details that EA likes to use on random Sims like acne or forehead wrinkles. The "Custom Skin Tones" options in MC Dresser should be used for custom skins. There are no whitelist options for skin details, only blacklist. If a blacklist skin detail is found, it will just remove that. There is no need for whitelisted items, which really come-into play when a blacklisted item can't be replaced/removed. In the MC Dresser > Blacklist Items menu, there will be an option for "Skin Details" if the selected Sim has any skin details. It can then be added to the blacklist.

I cannot find blacklist Items from the computer menu. :( I have spent, like, a few hours searching and cannot find anything that blacklists it from all Sims and not just one.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I cannot find blacklist Items from the computer menu. :( I have spent, like, a few hours searching and cannot find anything that blacklists it from all Sims and not just one.

Oops - I'm so sorry. My bad. It's of course on the Sim MCCC menu and not on the computer menu.
    Sim:MCCC > MC Dresser > Blacklist Items > Skin Details

Once a certain item is blacklisted, it should be removed from all sims, not only from the one who was used for black listing.

Use this command from the MCCC mailbox menu:
    Mailbox:MC Cheats > Dresser Clean all Sims

You can find details regarding black listing in the MC Dresser description:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_dresser
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Hi, I noticed that when the allow teens to quit school is enabled that they can no longer got to school AND have a part time job/after school activity. If you try to have them join one, you get a prompt that they will quit school if they "get a new job" and if we want to do that. Is that deliberate? I've also gotten one of those "last exceptions, please contact the creator (which I don't understand how to do--I went to the website on tumblr but I couldn't anywhere to submit error reports)" notices around a similar time, so I wondered if maybe it was a bug?

Also, in previous versions, I could've sworn you could set different setting for different saves and the mod would remember them, but that doesn't appear to be the case anymore? Is there a setting for that? I just have different settings I like for different saves, and it'd be convenient if I didn't have to manually shift the settings (especially ones that require a reboot) every time I switch between saves.
  • Options
    You should join our MCCC Discord server to upload your error messages and lastExceptions:
    https://discord.gg/wVXKzGq
    It's our primary support page for all MCCC and game related stuff.
    You can also report your issue regarding teens quit school there.

It's mentioned here on Tumblr (scroll down to the end of the page):
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/troubleshooting

For the autosave configuration, have a look at the documentation (MC Command Center > MC Command Center Settings):
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_cmd_center
  • Options
    TrexTrex Posts: 4 New Member
    I have lastexception error but I am also unable to post in the discord app, any chance someone here might be able to help me with this? I dont have any other other mods or cc in the game so I really dont know what the issue could be...

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>7cd617343b6d34da5c838f0a</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2019-03-09 11:06:30</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.47.49.1020-1.200.000.373.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>pool_seat.py:279</categoryid><desyncid>7cd617343b6d34da5c838f0a</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (ValueError: not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 0))
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\carry\carry_elements.py", line 268, in push_si_gen
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\aop.py", line 212, in execute_interaction
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 1331, in append
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\contextlib.py", line 119, in __exit__
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 878, in _head_change_watcher
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 962, in _get_head
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 339, in get_next_unblocked_interaction
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 2416, in get_sims_with_invalid_paths
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 2380, in _generate_connectivity
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 1457, in compute_transition_connectivity
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 1504, in run_transitions
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3361, in _build_transitions
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3152, in _build_and_log_transitions_for_sim
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3214, in _build_transitions_for_sim
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 2692, in get_transitions_for_sim
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 2870, in _get_transitions_for_sim
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 5718, in generate_connectivity_handles
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 5531, in _get_segmented_path_connectivity_handles
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 545, in generate_right_paths
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 4139, in _right_path_gen
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 679, in _shortest_path_gen
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\algos.py", line 121, in shortest_path_gen
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\algos.py", line 121, in <listcomp>
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\caches.py", line 281, in __missing__
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 4094, in heuristic_fn_right
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 3778, in _get_destination_locations_for_estimate
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\pools\pool_seat.py", line 279, in _cache_and_return_position_and_routing_surface_for_posture
    ValueError: not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 0)
    rtim=0</desyncdata></report>
    </root>
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Trex wrote: »
    I have lastexception error but I am also unable to post in the discord app, any chance someone here might be able to help me with this? I dont have any other other mods or cc in the game so I really dont know what the issue could be...

Your game is out of date.
    Update with Origin and check whether the error still occurs (probably not, because the error mentioned in your LE should be fixed by now).
    Your version is 1.47.49, we're now at 1.50.67.
    If you don't update your game, you need an matching MCCC version to your game version, since both are aligned to each other's version.
  • Options
    TrexTrex Posts: 4 New Member
    Thank you! So either update or go back to the 5.2.0 version?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Trex wrote: »
    Thank you! So either update or go back to the 5.2.0 version?

Imho update is the only valid option.
    The error from your LE won't disappear, if you don't update.
  • Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »

You can always call the MCCC main menu typing
    mc_settings

in the command line (shift+cmd+c). You can do this even if there is no computer on the lot, for example if you're on a public lot.
    mccc

calls the active sim's MCCC menu, while
    mc_cheats

calls the MCCC menu from the mailbox.

Thanks @Bonxie - I just saw this, but I'm going to save this info for later for further Strangerville (or non-technological times) playthroughs. :smile:
  • Options
    MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hello.

I would like to apologize right away for posting this here, but i'm not sure where else to post this (technical issues? bugs? feedback?) and if those other places are active..so decided to come here.

You see, i have a problem:

I bought the newest pack and immediately my game started acting funny (it became laggy and "jumpy" etc). Then it started freezing. I removed my mods (the whole file!) and cleaned and repaired my game but nothing has helped..i still have the same problem i had back then; after 2-3 minutes of playing, my game freezes.

I updated everything and have the newest versions of MCCC and NVIDIA etc etc etc. So it's not that.

Any ideas what to do?

THANK YOU. <3

PS: I will delete this post if it bothers you too much...again i apologize for posting it here..i just need help. :(
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Where do I go to report an error logged message? I just got one, but the discord doesn't seem to have a section for them.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    Where do I go to report an error logged message? I just got one, but the discord doesn't seem to have a section for them.

On the MCCC Discord server, lastException files go to the channel #lastexeceptions_here and the MCCC log files go to the channel #mccc_support. What's your username on Discord?
  • Options
    MistyLake wrote: »
    Hello.

I would like to apologize right away for posting this here, but i'm not sure where else to post this (technical issues? bugs? feedback?) and if those other places are active..so decided to come here.

You see, i have a problem:

I bought the newest pack and immediately my game started acting funny (it became laggy and "jumpy" etc). Then it started freezing. I removed my mods (the whole file!) and cleaned and repaired my game but nothing has helped..i still have the same problem i had back then; after 2-3 minutes of playing, my game freezes.

I updated everything and have the newest versions of MCCC and NVIDIA etc etc etc. So it's not that.

Any ideas what to do?

THANK YOU. <3

PS: I will delete this post if it bothers you too much...again i apologize for posting it here..i just need help. :(

Don't worry, it's OK. We're here to help.

So first things first: Make a backup of your game folder (usually in ..\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4), reset your game and try the game vanilla with a new savegame (aka without any mods). There shouldn't be any issues with this.
    Here is a detailed descripton of the game reset, just in case you don't know: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

If there are still issues with a vanilla game (after repairing, reinstalling, you name it), you might check the hardware specs.

If there are no issues with the vanilla game, then it's time for a 50/50 mod check to find the culprit.
    Here is a detailed description of what to do: https://www.patreon.com/posts/finding-broken-4-23751034

You should at frist add the latest MCCC version and check for errors like lastException files. If you get one of these, upload them on Discord, so we can have a look at it.

Use this invitation for the MCCC Discord server: https://discord.gg/wVXKzGq

If you have any questions, please ask.

• Options
    HeraloHeralo Posts: 1 New Member
    So I've recently installed MCCC and am enjoying the extra customization but had a question about Vampires and pregnancies. I know there is a no offspring flag but is there another setting to not allow Vampires to get pregnant or maybe a command line to set the no offspring flag on all vampires at once (I'd just have to remember to run it periodically).

Thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top