Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you prefer in your sims stories?

So I like to read Legacies and sim stories and I was curious what people prefer when writing or reading. I like to put an image first with text underneath, this usually seems to be the preferred method but there are some who put the text first and the picture under the text. Which do you prefer?

What do you prefer in your sims stories? 82 votes

Prefer the Picture first and Text after
36%
tams2578Bluefairy286JaseLaBlue0314Colorist40snurflesStardust123fruitsbasket101zagboorulesladybreidChelleJoMVWdeZTCourtneyVioletCogshellgarapoesMDianaSimsAfterMidnightSAEldarinlazyjuniperRae357 30 votes
Prefer the Text First and Picture after
17%
CK213HejixelanorbretonBagoas77loubyloulousekojranamissvalerinaKellyWhovianEnkiSchmidtSimslover163RedShoe7HopeyStarrListentoToppDoggberm4544 14 votes
I don't mind either way
24%
Kita5399VibseWritin_Regkeekee53BloosmooStrangerthanDESERTFLOWER1981VuloriPegasysBriel24jupkmnannaliese39Karababy52BusufuJa_rdesuperkyle221DianesimsJasonschick80SimAlexandriaxeno_genesis 20 votes
I don't read sims stories
21%
IceyJPlayerSinger2010mayrayCorkysPetalsAnmirlaBluelletaydevstephanie132392puddleduck1ierolovrr31wormstache999SavvySimmiecatmando830ArchieonicbythedreadwolfBabySquareNorthDakotaGamerCheetahAlyssa 18 votes

Comments

• AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I’m more of a visual person I think so having the picture first with the text following is somehow easier for my brain to connect the two.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Same as @AfterMidnight
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    For me, tumblr is my main source of simlit. And the because of the design of that website putting pictures first makes more sense. So it's what I'm most used to.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I myself post a pic then add a story to it, then add another pic and the story continues.
    I don't read any stories though.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I used to put the pics first but when I went back to my old posts I found myself wanting to know the context first and then seeing it unfold in the picture. Then again I make a lot of typos so I believe I was partially motivated to make the switch so I could check for my own typos faster.

When it comes to reading other's posts either way is fine with me.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I don't mind either way
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I myself post a pic then add a story to it, then add another pic and the story continues.

same :)

Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Stardust123Stardust123 Posts: 127 Member
    I sometimes get confused if people have the text above, but that's just how I read them, I have read stories where the text is above and I do get used to it. Thanks for your votes and input!
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited March 2019
    I like to write something before and after. First kind of leading to the image and then continuing like image is part of the flow.

Out of the poll option I don't know which one to pick. I don't read a lot of stories. On this forum I like to post a short paragraph above the image but that's hardly a story. Just think it's nicer to browse. If there was more text I might prefer it after the picture or just don't mind. I don't think it's that simple though - see my own habits lol!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited March 2019
    I prefer the text first since it sets the context of what the picture is about.
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well the reader may pick up something in the picture that is not related to the text.

So the text first helps keep me focused.
    Also we read forums by scrolling downward. It's not like a book where you can see the whole page.
    It just seems more natural for the text to come first when scrolling downward.

:# I keep adding to this.
    One more thing.

My stories are text light and a fast read.
    I like to set the context of the picture, but I let the pictures do a lot of the story telling.
    I would probably not care for a lot of text before I see the picture. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I don't mind either way
    I don't really read much simlit these days, but I don't mind all that much where the screenshots are. I suppose it often makes more sense for them to come first, but then sometimes it can have more impact if it comes afterwards so big events are more of a surprise and it allows the narrative to draw the reader in / up to it. I think the main thing is having the right balance between the text and images.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I don't read sims stories
    What type of person who has time for such things for a game. I play to relax and have no time to "create a story." I do understand some people may do so, but they must have more free time. I did not even have free time to do that as a stay at home parent. Personally, I just play the game.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    In blogs, I find it better to have text first, but I miss the story albums in the game where the picture was first and text at the bottom and you could read it in the game with some emotional easy-listening music...
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • DESERTFLOWER1981DESERTFLOWER1981 Posts: 90 Member
    I don't mind either way
    I know I don't mind, either way, but as I am telling a story this is a good poll to know what my other sim readers feel. Good to see other perspectives.
    I am writing a story, want to read it?
    Visit my blog here
    Visit the latest update for the discussion here