Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't Forget The Supernatural Players in 2019

2...Next

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited February 2019
    I don't mind them adding anything if I am given options with toggles and the option not to buy the packs if I don't want/agree with them.

On the other hand I am more of a builder and buy packs more for objects and building stuff and I loved the stuff added in the Sims 3 game with Supernatural. :)
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    When people bought the packs for the previous games, I didn't see anyone complaining about the inclusion of supernaturals (okay, maybe I wasn't around the community that much during the ts3 days, but w/e).

So what if someone doesn't "agree with them"? They still exist in the Sims universe. They should exist. Not agreeing with something's existence wouldn't make it go away, that's just not how it works in real life.
    Maybe it does in games where toggles are possible (they're not in TS4, according to devs), but nevertheless, that whole phrase just leaves a really bad taste.

Some of us also have supernatural sims from previous games that we'd love to remake in TS4, but hahah, nope. (you know, unless we want to download some random mod that's far below the standard quality of the official stuff, but I really don't want to do that)
    We've been waiting for years. Only aliens and vamps so far. And the plant sims are merely a shell of what they should be. Ghosts? Eh. I guess we have ghosts too. Even though I liked them much better in previous games.

Apparently, for TS4, the sims team has listened too much to the ~realism~ players, so the rest of us aren't getting as much as we should. And now these realism players are demanding toggles for the existence of the few supernaturals we have, even when the GP makes it explicitly clear that this will give you vampires. Like, hey. You prefer realism? Just ignore the vampires and pretend the world is perfectly normal and up to your standards, or, you know... don't spend money on a pack that is clearly not for you.

Today I played some TS2, encountered some witches of both alignments at a community lot, doing magic, and now this makes me wonder how these people would react to these witches simply existing. I know TS3 had toggles, but did TS2? I don't know.

Haha, I'm mad.

(Probably helps that it's past midnight and most of my filter is gone, I'm sorry)

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    When people bought the packs for the previous games, I didn't see anyone complaining about the inclusion of supernaturals (okay, maybe I wasn't around the community that much during the ts3 days, but w/e).

So what if someone doesn't "agree with them"? They still exist in the Sims universe. They should exist. Not agreeing with something's existence wouldn't make it go away, that's just not how it works in real life.
    Maybe it does in games where toggles are possible (they're not in TS4, according to devs), but nevertheless, that whole phrase just leaves a really bad taste.

Some of us also have supernatural sims from previous games that we'd love to remake in TS4, but hahah, nope. (you know, unless we want to download some random mod that's far below the standard quality of the official stuff, but I really don't want to do that)
    We've been waiting for years. Only aliens and vamps so far. And the plant sims are merely a shell of what they should be. Ghosts? Eh. I guess we have ghosts too. Even though I liked them much better in previous games.

Apparently, for TS4, the sims team has listened too much to the ~realism~ players, so the rest of us aren't getting as much as we should. And now these realism players are demanding toggles for the existence of the few supernaturals we have, even when the GP makes it explicitly clear that this will give you vampires. Like, hey. You prefer realism? Just ignore the vampires and pretend the world is perfectly normal and up to your standards, or, you know... don't spend money on a pack that is clearly not for you.

Today I played some TS2, encountered some witches of both alignments at a community lot, doing magic, and now this makes me wonder how these people would react to these witches simply existing. I know TS3 had toggles, but did TS2? I don't know.

Haha, I'm mad.

(Probably helps that it's past midnight and most of my filter is gone, I'm sorry)

*stands and applauds* Well said!
  • distoretedchilddistoretedchild Posts: 2 New Member
    This!!!
    My favorite part of the Sims 3 was to make a household of all humans, and then turn them all into the different supernatural states.
    Witch has been my favorite supernatural state since Makin' Magic. I loved the dueling, gathering ingredients, an living in the Magic Town. The spells were also super cool. The ability to do things like turn your pets into sims and turn sims into toads. Having a pet dragon was also awesome.

A supernatural pack would be perfect. Heck, I'd even shell out $20 bucks per life state. They could get over a hundred out of me if they did a pack for each of the supernatural life states.
  • distoretedchilddistoretedchild Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Simburian said:
    > I don't mind them adding anything if I am given options with toggles and the option not to buy the packs if I don't want/agree with them.
    >
    > On the other hand I am more of a builder and buy packs more for objects and building stuff and I loved the stuff added in the Sims 3 game with Supernatural. :)

You always have the option to not buy things you don't want. But I am curious as to what you mean by "don't agree with them"?
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I hope they also add Werewolves, Fairies and maybe Zombies besides Witches...
    a256aFi.gif
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I'd like Supernatural to have their own pack like vampires because they will be more fleshed out.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member

Although I like Supernaturals too, this is a game. Comparing it to real life doesn't help your argument and people who dont want it shouldn't be forced to have it in their game. You can't just ignore something that keeps popping up in your game. There should be an option for those who only want the objects of a pack to turn off supernaturals. I don't understand why that would leave a "bad taste" when it's not affecting your personal game? You know Sims is single player, right? I want Supernaturals in mine, but I also want people to be able to enjoy content while choosing what exists in their game and what doesn't. It's only fair. The option is important no matter what you say.

I love Seasons but I hate gnomes. I would hate if I was forced to forgo Seasons because those annoying gnomes kept popping up and ruining things. Thank goodness I can choose to not have them in my game while still enjoying the holidays and weather.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited February 2019
    mika wrote: »
    [...]

Although I like Supernaturals too, this is a game. Comparing it to real life doesn't help your argument and people who dont want it shouldn't be forced to have it in their game. You can't just ignore something that keeps popping up in your game. There should be an option for those who only want the objects of a pack to turn off supernaturals. I don't understand why that would leave a "bad taste" when it's not affecting your personal game? You know Sims is single player, right? I want Supernaturals in mine, but I also want people to be able to enjoy content while choosing what exists in their game and what doesn't. It's only fair. The option is important no matter what you say.

I love Seasons but I hate gnomes. I would hate if I was forced to forgo Seasons because those annoying gnomes kept popping up and ruining things. Thank goodness I can choose to not have them in my game while still enjoying the holidays and weather.

Okay, FAIR. I know I worded it all kinda harshly, it's kinda why I excused myself there in the end. I was kind of sleep-deprived, so sure, my arguments aren't the strongest, as I was mostly speaking from my heart, as lame as that probably sounds. I was venting my feelings about the whole subject, hopefully in a thread where the realistic players would leave us alone. I'm sorry.

(I got a little carried away with typing up the rest of this post, so I stashed it all underneath this spoiler because I really don't feel like clogging up this thread)
    The thing is that, at the time of typing, I was tired and fed up with everyone complaining. I honestly still am.

People in the community ALWAYS complain when there's something supernatural going on with the packs these days. Every single time. Why. Some of us love this stuff, but when people hate it, they'll always be super vocal about it, drowning out the people who actually like it, and it's honestly really annoying.
    Why can't they just let people enjoy the weird stuff!! Not everything needs to be just like the real world!! It's a game, some of us actually like to play games to escape the real world, wow.

Heck, you see it with how people are reacting to the most recent trailer too. So much complaining.

Though, to be fair, I do kinda agree with you on the gnomes there. Yes, it's good to be able to turn them off, the holiday system this time around is really good like that. The monster under the bed gets frustrating if it happens too often too. I don't hate the concept, it's the repetition that's the annoying part, and I get that.
    And, in the pack that's coming next week, I do hope there's a way to actively turn off the hypnotized zombie sims when we don't want to play with that scenario. I also don't want to see them infecting all the other neighborhoods; this alien epidemic should be restricted to Strangerville only, which is supposed to be an isolated desert town, as far as I can tell. Knowing TS4's engine, with how sims from any neighborhood would show up in every neighborhood, I'm rather concerned about that aspect.

Like, there's some nuance to this; I don't automatically love everything that's out of the ordinary. I don't like mindless zombies, they're usually kind of stripped of any personality they previously had when they were people. I do like aliens, however. They're neat and usually have potential.
    Overall, it seems like an interesting game pack, and I do hope it brings some extra things I'll actually have use for after playing through its story. Buildable RVs would be really fun to mess with, but I'm starting to doubt they're not just decorations. I hope I'm wrong.

Personally, I prefer supernatural things that I can actually control myself. As in, they're actual playable sims; they're people - aliens and vampires are a great example, and as a sort of "weird" person myself, it rather bothers me that people vocally hate them so much?? It's just kinda personal, I guess. I tend to identify more with the non-human characters anyway, so, you know. I mean, if I was more vocal about my identity in real life, I'm sure more people would hate me too. You know, simply for existing. It's kind of the thing that keeps me in the closet about it all.

But yeah, okay, people are still allowed to dislike them, it's just opinions about fantasy things that don't exist in real life. "Disagreeing" with the existence of supernaturals is also just a bad choice of words that reminds me too much of general bigotry in real life, but let's not get into that.

Also, it's The Sims. TS3 had a non-human lifestate in every expansion. The basegame of The Sims 2 had an alien on the cover, and supernaturals in most expansions. TS1 had Making Magic. It's rather silly to deny that these things exist in the sims world at all.

It honestly seems as if the lack of extra life states in each expansion in TS4 has enabled people to say "they didn't need them anyway", while the rest of us are being left behind and forced to wait for years for more of the proper occult content. You know, stuff that isn't just non-customizable NPC sims and poorly done temporary life states that they apparently refuse to fix up.

Sorry, this got way too long. I... think I care a lot about this???

Overall, I just wish people would stop being so mean about occult stuff simply existing.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited February 2019
    > @Simburian said:
    > I don't mind them adding anything if I am given options with toggles and the option not to buy the packs if I don't want/agree with them.
    >
    > On the other hand I am more of a builder and buy packs more for objects and building stuff and I loved the stuff added in the Sims 3 game with Supernatural. :)

You always have the option to not buy things you don't want. But I am curious as to what you mean by "don't agree with them"?

Well, I am an agnostic but I don't mind people having faiths or belief in the occult or fairytales. I just find them interesting and the building and CAS objects even more so but vampires are always locked out of my houses. :) I like the windows and gravestones and some of my favourite objects in Sims 3 came with Supernatural.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    mika wrote: »
    [...]

Okay, FAIR. I know I worded it all kinda harshly, it's kinda why I excused myself there in the end. I was kind of sleep-deprived, so sure, my arguments aren't the strongest, as I was mostly speaking from my heart, as lame as that probably sounds. I was venting my feelings about the whole subject, hopefully in a thread where the realistic players would leave us alone. I'm sorry.

(I got a little carried away with typing up the rest of this post, so I stashed it all underneath this spoiler because I really don't feel like clogging up this thread)
    The thing is that, at the time of typing, I was tired and fed up with everyone complaining. I honestly still am.

People in the community ALWAYS complain when there's something supernatural going on with the packs these days. Every single time. Why. Some of us love this stuff, but when people hate it, they'll always be super vocal about it, drowning out the people who actually like it, and it's honestly really annoying.
    Why can't they just let people enjoy the weird stuff!! Not everything needs to be just like the real world!! It's a game, some of us actually like to play games to escape the real world, wow.

Heck, you see it with how people are reacting to the most recent trailer too. So much complaining.

Though, to be fair, I do kinda agree with you on the gnomes there. Yes, it's good to be able to turn them off, the holiday system this time around is really good like that. The monster under the bed gets frustrating if it happens too often too. I don't hate the concept, it's the repetition that's the annoying part, and I get that.
    And, in the pack that's coming next week, I do hope there's a way to actively turn off the hypnotized zombie sims when we don't want to play with that scenario. I also don't want to see them infecting all the other neighborhoods; this alien epidemic should be restricted to Strangerville only, which is supposed to be an isolated desert town, as far as I can tell. Knowing TS4's engine, with how sims from any neighborhood would show up in every neighborhood, I'm rather concerned about that aspect.

Like, there's some nuance to this; I don't automatically love everything that's out of the ordinary. I don't like mindless zombies, they're usually kind of stripped of any personality they previously had when they were people. I do like aliens, however. They're neat and usually have potential.
    Overall, it seems like an interesting game pack, and I do hope it brings some extra things I'll actually have use for after playing through its story. Buildable RVs would be really fun to mess with, but I'm starting to doubt they're not just decorations. I hope I'm wrong.

Personally, I prefer supernatural things that I can actually control myself. As in, they're actual playable sims; they're people - aliens and vampires are a great example, and as a sort of "weird" person myself, it rather bothers me that people vocally hate them so much?? It's just kinda personal, I guess. I tend to identify more with the non-human characters anyway, so, you know. I mean, if I was more vocal about my identity in real life, I'm sure more people would hate me too. You know, simply for existing. It's kind of the thing that keeps me in the closet about it all.

But yeah, okay, people are still allowed to dislike them, it's just opinions about fantasy things that don't exist in real life. "Disagreeing" with the existence of supernaturals is also just a bad choice of words that reminds me too much of general bigotry in real life, but let's not get into that.

Also, it's The Sims. TS3 had a non-human lifestate in every expansion. The basegame of The Sims 2 had an alien on the cover, and supernaturals in most expansions. TS1 had Making Magic. It's rather silly to deny that these things exist in the sims world at all.

It honestly seems as if the lack of extra life states in each expansion in TS4 has enabled people to say "they didn't need them anyway", while the rest of us are being left behind and forced to wait for years for more of the proper occult content. You know, stuff that isn't just non-customizable NPC sims and poorly done temporary life states that they apparently refuse to fix up.

Sorry, this got way too long. I... think I care a lot about this???

Overall, I just wish people would stop being so mean about occult stuff simply existing.

Well said. If I hear "IT'S A LIFE SIMULATOR IF YOU WANT MAGIC GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE!!!!" one more time I'm going to scream. I literally can't go play anything else because there is no magical version of the sims where I can live out a life for my characters and have them marry/have kids, etc.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Honestly, at this point, I'd be happy if we got magic, some decent werewolves, and improved plant sims before this game is hung up for good. I mean, we had to wait 2 years between aliens and vampires, now it's been 2 more years since they released vampires and nadda! Nope, the scarecrow from "Seasons" and the temporary skeleton transformation from "Jungle Adventure" do not count. When it comes to magic, we've been badly shortchanged. We're at least getting some more sci-fi elements with the upcoming GP, but my game just isn't complete without werewolves and magic! It's like a Gundam series without giant mecha or a generic primetime teen drama without everyone crying, screaming, and being genuinely rotten all the time...broken.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Agreed. ^^

Supernaturals are lacking in the Sims 4.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Duende wrote: »
    E-I-E-I-ON'T FORGET
    I'm crying sis :D

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Maybe we will get lucky with the next pack...
  • hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    Yesssss to this 100%. Supernaturals are one of my favourite elements of the sims, along with seasons and university. I adore seasons and I hope that University is added soon. I really really want more supes in the game because I enjoy having sims experience different life states and weaving them into stories. I hope they add some soon.
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Supernatural elements have been a part of the Sims franchise ever since 1, it's an understandable expectation by this point.

I think that we need a witch/wizard pack at the absolute minimum, a la Vampires. I would also like to see werewolves and zombies return. It would be great if we had an entire magical world like Magic Town.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Those that want supernaturals should probably be pushing to have it so you CAN toggle them off. I'm pretty sure that it would increase supernatural pack sales and tell EA that that is what people want. I know for myself I love a couple of the outfits in vampires, but would never buy the pack as I don't want them in the game. Which is fine, my choice, but I've seen others say the same. If we could just toggle vampires off, we would buy the packs which would increase supernatural sales and probably encourage them to make more packs for you all. I don't care if EA makes more supernatural packs since I don't have to buy them, and I wish you all the best of luck getting them, I just don't want them for myself.

It's almost too bad they can't do two packs for everything. One that includes only a packs CAS/build items for cheaper for those that don't want game play changed, and the second more expensive one for those that want the full experience pack. Either that or be able to toggle stuff off... and I don't just mean supernatural, I mean stuff like celebrities too. (Which I do have Get Famous and enjoy it but I've seen ppl complaining about those superstars taking over the games a lot too and posts that ppl won't buy it for that reason. )
  • AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    Those that want supernaturals should probably be pushing to have it so you CAN toggle them off. I'm pretty sure that it would increase supernatural pack sales and tell EA that that is what people want. I know for myself I love a couple of the outfits in vampires, but would never buy the pack as I don't want them in the game. Which is fine, my choice, but I've seen others say the same. If we could just toggle vampires off, we would buy the packs which would increase supernatural sales and probably encourage them to make more packs for you all. I don't care if EA makes more supernatural packs since I don't have to buy them, and I wish you all the best of luck getting them, I just don't want them for myself.

It's almost too bad they can't do two packs for everything. One that includes only a packs CAS/build items for cheaper for those that don't want game play changed, and the second more expensive one for those that want the full experience pack. Either that or be able to toggle stuff off... and I don't just mean supernatural, I mean stuff like celebrities too. (Which I do have Get Famous and enjoy it but I've seen ppl complaining about those superstars taking over the games a lot too and posts that ppl won't buy it for that reason. )

Same for the “realistic gameplay”...... If only I could opt out seasons and parenthood nightmare (sigh :( )

• hollymakesawishhollymakesawish Posts: 40 Member
    I really want a supernatural pack. Faeries, witches, unicorns, lots and lots of magic. I know university is probably going to be released way before supernatural, but I'd rather have supernatural. I'm hoping they're taking so long on it because it's going to be the most amazing magical pack ever.
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    storyy wrote: »
    Duende wrote: »
    E-I-E-I-ON'T FORGET
    I'm crying sis :D

You're the only one who caught onto that bit. @storyy
    tenor.gif?itemid=13205174
  • eriennextoneriennexton Posts: 10 New Member
    TBH can we get werewolves and mermaids again please? XD
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited March 2019
    My problem with Occults only coming in GPs is simple: it's going to take absolutely FOREVER to get any beyond Witches. Hell, even they are probably only coming late this year since Strangerville was just released, or probably bundled together with Halloween for seasonal points. Too bad October is miles away...

This is one of the reasons I'd really like a Supernatural EP focused on a small amount of Occults, but all with reasonable depth. Unfortunately I am pretty sure the next content is going to be University EP.

Also, while I understand why some people would rather have an option to turn Occults or Supernatural tier stuff off so that they only get the CAS/Buy things, I don't really comprehend the vehement dislike some have for it.
    I mean, since the very first installment The Sims has always been a silly, whimsical series filled with humorous writing, notes and undertones.