Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Packs: Zombie Apocalypse ? Castaway Stories ?

Hi,

After the story of GP07 StrangerVille, do you think these stories are planned ?

Game Packs: Zombie Apocalypse ? Castaway Stories ? 85 votes

I hope so
36%
LeGardePourpreHejixgameliaStrangerthanDJQ1308Bagoas77VuloriKirbySkywalkerLizzychicagomlmeadowsDragonAge_300905ClassicalSimBabykittyjadesnikkipooGrandRailemyprice95adele_katFreezerBunnyCowplantKitty Napsuzyl3 31 votes
I hope not
43%
icmnfrshrudy8292Eme783IceyJoveronPlayerSinger2010KariussaFunkymonkyiAnmirlarobyngravesmock68BluelleisaiahzayR0bertataydevMikado-chanwormstache999AlbaWaterhouseSavvySimmietexxx78 37 votes
It doesn't matter
20%
AlrynnIsb917determigsimmietimeCeCeDotkolosreceWinifred_WillowLoves2draw1812jella12EnkiSchmidtVentusMattxMarianxsuperkyle221gemjasTopher8907SinaMegapolisSassyPelican 17 votes

Comments

• pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I hope so
    I’d like a Castaway type of story, but I’d personally want the story to be more open-ended than Strangerville’s is.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I hope so
    Probably doesn't matter at this stage of this iteration, but differently based-content might break some of us out of wanting the identical expansions over and over for each iteration.
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    It doesn't matter
    It doesn't matter for me. What matters is if we are going to get more than witches in the future of ts4's occult department
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    I'd really like these more than StrangerVille. SV's worst quality was its predictable, boring story. But these scenarios have the potential to be more creative and free, if they made them open-ended.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    It doesn't matter
    I wish they'd make more packs that make use of the different stages of the world. They do not need to come with a story, just a setting and some changes depending of what you trigger.

For example a Castaway pack could start on a peaceful island with friendly apes, but then you build a bridge to reach ressources and inadvertantly open the way for the island to get flooded with dangerous animals (remember the boars from Castaway Playstation?). Or there might be a volcano that gets closer to erupting with each stage and that can only get silenced by completing an ancient ritual of the Llama culture.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    I hope not
    As of right now I don't want more of it.

Let's get Date Night, Freetime, Farm Life, University, Bon Voyage and Makin' Magic first ok?
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • gameliagamelia Posts: 703 Member
    I hope so
    A castaway story would be awesome!
    --+++ Simming since 2000. All packs. All in! +++--
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I hope not
    Oh goodness no. Zombies are the worst occults and again, I don't need the game to tell the story for me. That's my job.
  • Kitty NapKitty Nap Posts: 11 New Member
    I hope so
    I'm living for these ideas. Please make them Sims!
  • AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    I hope not
    I wouldn't mind a castaway story, but not a Pack Exclusive to a Zombie Apocalipse Theme, Mainly because the Possessed sims fill that niche pretty well in Strangerville, and I don't think a Zombie pack is going to be Teen and Under.
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    It doesn't matter
    I put this but in actuality I don't know if I want it or not. A zombie apocalypse would work fine and I can see it working mostly the same as StrangerVille but a castaway pack I don't know how'd that work. Since we are stranded on an island obviously we'd lose access to travel and would be forced to finish the story if we wanted to get back to civilization? Then what if you had more then one sim in a household would they all have to be stranded two or would the game auto separate the household once those who went got stranded? Also would the entire new world be limited to only stranded sims or would it be only a portion (an island) is for the story but the rest is playable maybe a vacation world?

Basically zombies I am for but stranded island I would need more info to get behind and obviously you can't answer my question lol
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited March 2019
    It doesn't matter
    I picked the "doesn't matter" option because I'm not really sure if I'd want more story packs. Like, I don't really mind the idea but, if Strangerville is any indication, the stories will likely all be one and done experiences. A castaway story might be cool and interesting, but only because it might come with a tropical world with oceans and the like. The chance for a new world is what drew me to Strangerville, actually; the story was just kind of a cool afterthought. So, if they add new gameplay, careers, etc surrounding the story then I'd be okay with more story packs.

However, I can't really see zombies going over well. It's not that well liked of an occult and any "apocalypse" would probably be as goofy and risk-free as the mother infection. If you want a zombie apocalypse (and I mean a full blown apocalypse where an infection turns your sims into zombies that will kill/infect other sims if you don't do anything about it), there's a mod for it. The custom animations and gameplay are incredible, too. But an official zombie story pack? Nah.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited March 2019
    I hope so
    @gemjas

The survey idea was a "Survival Horror".
    Rebuild - The apocalypse was struck The Sims 4!
    Explore abandoned neighborhoods and rescue survivors, rebuild your town into a thriving community , and fight off zombies to protect your new town.

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I hope so
    A Time Travel story would be awesome as well, with multiple endings!
    a256aFi.gif
  • LindaD2015LindaD2015 Posts: 141 Member
    I'm still waiting for the werewolf pack and I think it would be nice to add a ice festival with chainsaw carving sculptures.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I hope not
    None of these really appeal to me. I don't mind stories, I'd love them to have greater options for how they play out and potentially different endings. But zombies and castaway worlds just aren't my thing. I'm not sure the castaway thing is very likely anyway, going by something Grant said about the potential cost v use of holiday worlds or worlds with holiday aspects included when people are clambering for more lots for regular use.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Not voting because I like the castaway idea and would probably buy it but I definitely do not want zombies in any shape or form, and the poll doesn't allow for that.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I hope not
    So I am loving Strangerville and would love more story-driven worlds or worlds that have histories and backstories.

But please no zombies. No anything with zombies. Give me witches and werewolves happily, but please no zombies. I would be so heartbroken to get an interestingly developed world with a story and have it populated by zombies.

I am so, so exhausted by zombies. :(

I vote no on that alone. Give me stories, give me interesting worlds with something that needs to get done. But no zombies.
    a63ftuN.png
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I hope so
    Space adventure? With aliens? ;P
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Not voting because I like the castaway idea and would probably buy it but I definitely do not want zombies in any shape or form, and the poll doesn't allow for that.

Same. I don’t like zombies.