Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share Your New Holidays

13...Next

Comments

• R3imiuR3imiu Posts: 256 Member
    EVERYDAY GETS A HOLIDAY! lol, jk, that would be insanity (?)
    had to overcome my moop and limit each month to around 3 holidays
    i may however add/switch Thanksgiving with Feast of Wanksgiving & its rad traditions: Grand Meal, Give Gifts, Decorate, Invite Guests, Thankful Spirit

the best part of Wanksgiving is making your own fresh new traditions everyear, whenever you want or keep'n the old! "its always been Wankershim!"
    or
    Season of the Aeon Worm with challenging traditions: Gardening, Polar Bear Plunge, Spooky Spirit, Fasting

heres my [sims 4] holidays

-Winter
    Hearths Warming Eve: Decorate, Festive Spirit, Art & Music Spirit, Holiday Gnomes
    Hearths Warming: Festive Spirit, Open Presents, Party Spirit, Father Winter
    28th) New Year's Eve: Make Resolution, Party Spirit, Countdown To Midnight, Fireworks

-Spring
    1st) Day of Fools: Mischief Spirit, Streaking
    Egg Day: Egg Hunt, Flower Bunny, Attend Holiday Ceremony
    17th) Spring Festival: Party Spirit, Give Gifts, Baking, Gardening
    Sweets Day: Baking, Give Flowers, Romantic Spirit , Go on a Date

-Summer
    1st) First Day of Summer: Bar-B-Que, Water Fun, Art & Music Spirit
    19th) Freedom Day: Bar-B-Que, Party Spirit, Remembrance
    20th) Summer vacation: Bar-B-Que, Fireworks, Water Fun, Go on a Vacation or Travel

-Fall
    Bonfire Memorial: Fire, Remembrance, Spooky Spirit, Tell Stories, Attend Holiday Ceremony
    21st) The Purge Eve: Air Grievances, Countdown To Midnight, Mischief Spirit
    22nd) THE PURGE: Air Grievances, Fighting, Fireworks, Fire, Mischief Spirit
    Thanksgiving: Appreciate an Object, Thankful Spirit, Grand Meal, Sports TV
    28th) Nightmare Night: Wear Costumes, Spooky Spirit, Tell Stories, Trick or Treat

*the purge is in spring but im having it in fall since theres leaves TO BURN
    [✨R3imiu's Alot of Lots Showcase✨] (forum & origin username is same: R3imiu )
    a1EEcS1.gif
    Me playing games like: Sims 3, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pocket Monsters 3DS, Sims 4
    ⍟ᴥ⍟ i watch my sims sleep
  • MirkaKaroliinaMirkaKaroliina Posts: 147 Member
    I created Finnish Midsummer (Juhannus) because we just celebrated it last weekend :D Bar-B-Que, Grand Meal, Fire, Games and Tell Stories were the ones I chose for it. Bonfires are a tradition in Finland during Midsummer and we usually spent time with our family and friends.

28173708487_451290523e_c.jpg
    cha cha cha
  • simgurl323simgurl323 Posts: 76 Member
    Following for inspiration :)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Wanksgiving has a different kinda meaning here in England.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I had my seasons set at 7 days for a sim calendar year and decided to change them to 14. I then looked at summer and decided to add a little holiday called "Summer Vacation" for 6 days in a row! The only activity I put was "Water Fun" because I assume there will be hot weather. I really wish that they let you separately specify between work and school vacation days because I mainly just wanted the kiddos to have those days off! I will see how I feel about my choice when I actually get to the summer vacation days! That is the beauty of this system! I can always change what I don't like. :)
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Name i have for my custom Holiday is Skull Day (Day of the dead)

-Traditions/Activites : Tell Stories,Remembrance,Spooky Spirit,Festive Lighting And Decorate.

Season in fall the day after Spooky day
  • BastianBastian Posts: 9 New Member
    I did a Midsummer's Day too.

Appreciation for everything that Simmother Nature does for us.

Give garlands to your friends and loved ones (Give Flowers)
    Have a pool party with your nearest and dearest (BBQ & Waterplay)

And the most important tradition of all: Be "At-One-With-Nature" by joining the NUDEERUN! (Streaking :) )

I had some great pics from my last one, but can't post them yet :/
  • Smith_TwentyTwoSmith_TwentyTwo Posts: 1 New Member
    So I play with the extended calendar with 28 days in each month and since I am using that I also have the extended life span on for all sims. Just have to give them more time to experience the holidays. I made several holidays to fill in the gaps and since Sim holidays are based on real life holidays but are usually named differently, I gave each one different names. My first one of course is Halloween but instead I named it Hallow's Eve. It takes place on the 19th day of Fall. The traditions for this Holiday are Decorating(spooky), Spooky Spirit, Trick or Treat, and Wear Costumes.

The second holiday I put into my game is Fool's Day and that takes place on the 11th day of Spring. Real simple, just be mischievous. Last but not least is Saint Paddy's Day and Sims celebrate this by drinking, fighting, and having the party spirit. I also dress my sim in green this day but that's just for me. This holiday is celebrated on the 6th day of Spring.

I'll eventually add a few more because quite frankly the 28 day season calendar is a bit barren and it spices up the game. I'm thinking of doing a polar plunge holiday in the middle of winter and a streak day(Maybe call it the Naked Mile based on the American Pie movie) on an empty part of the calendar. Hopefully this helps give you guys some inspiration or ideas for more holidays.
  • ArchieAndVeronicaArchieAndVeronica Posts: 20 Member
    I love all these new ideas. I don't have anything to add (lol) but I sure need some inspiration. I get tired of seeing the same holidays come around each time!
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    At the end of Fall I have the Annual Fall Cleanup or I like to call it excuse to send the chosen family to go burn some leaves all day. They even get the day off lol
  • FonzbugFonzbug Posts: 2 New Member
    Well, this is gonna be long but I will explain my entire calendar. In spring it starts with New Years Day: Invite Guests, Appreciate object, and Attend Holiday Ceremony. It is on the 1st day of spring. Then on the 4th of spring, there is Easter: Egg hunt, Flower bunny, Grand meal, Attend Holiday Ceremony, and Gardening. Spring decorations. Spring Cleaning on Friday or the 6th of spring I put Cleaning, Gardening, and Appreciate an Object. Artistic Day: Art and Music Spirit. Decorations are any of the art you make. On the second Tuesday or the 10th of spring. Love day I just realized it is on Friday the 13th... Oh no. Whatever. You guys should know these traditions. Now we are in the summer. On the third of summer or the first Tuesday, we have CRAZY DAY! Air Grievances, Fighting, Streaking, and Holiday Gnomes. The 1st Friday is Summers day, Gardening, Drinking, BBQ, and Water Fun. I would have added fireworks if I had the pack. :'( the 2nd Monday is Community Walk. Just Excercise or a Walk... With the community. Any day in summer can be Games day. Then we watch tv, play games, and attend a holiday ceremony(cough cough anime convention cough cough) Food Day(my favourite) Baking, Drinking, Trick or treating(candy is food) BBQ, Grand Meal. There we made it halfway. In fall On the first Wednesday Is Parents day. Just have a party. It's Kind of a challenge if you have a lot of kids. Keep the kids out of the party while making sure the parents have a good time :D Halloween eve does not exist but I have it. Remembrance, Spooky Spirit, and Countdown to midnight. (because you should stay up late.) Actual Halloween, Trick or treat, Costumes, and once again Spooky Spirit. These have Spooky decoration and are on the last 2 days of first fall week. Then there is Harvestfest. Finally, We have Homestretch. Winter. It starts with The polar bear plunge. I just wanted an opportunity to use this. It is supposed to go on the first blizzard of winter. If there is none go on the last possible day without interrupting other holidays. Of course, we have a winter vacation. I don't have the whole Selvadorado or Granite Falls. But I do Turn Newcrest into a temporary Granite falls and use mods to make it stop snowing. Then in the last week, I have winter break. In the middle of it is Winterfest aka Christmas and then we have Winterfest Eve. I just used my home traditions, you get to open 2 gifts each. Eat a grand meal. And stay up late because realistically we don't go to bed early. Santa I mean father winter comes early in the morning for us. But late at night for them and you need to talk to him so this makes sense. I have Winterfest decorations up the whole break which gives us a week off school or work except for new years part. Then, of course, new Year eve. Did you read this all? Probably not. If you did. Then wow you're dedicated.
  • FonzbugFonzbug Posts: 2 New Member
    Please search up fonzbug on the gallery Because I really do need someone to tell me how to use windows.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    These all sound amazing and I may steal some for my game. I do wish we had more traditions to add though. I have one called Summer Bash and it’s just their summer holiday. They grill, go swimming (or play in the sprinkler) and of course fireworks!
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    My game bugged out so I had to reinvent the Spring thing and Summerfest, both just never appeared in my calendar.

Summerfest is now more based on Swedish Midsummer and the spring thing is now called Fertility Day and involves egg hunt, streaking, grand feast and giving flowers. And Flower Bunny, of course.

As for brand new ones... For my new base save and new game I created World Health Day on the first day of winter: Ice Swimming, Water Games, Exercise.
    If it doesn't kill you, it'll make you stronger.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • gelophee05gelophee05 Posts: 17 Member
    I know it's late but I just want to share :)

Let's enjoy some costume parties too you know, like a comic con.

image.png
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited December 2020
    What a great thread, so many good ideas, I especially like the Osympics, it made me laugh, think I'll use that; and the idea to have several days after eachother with the same holiday celebration theme is really useful. Potterthon is very cute, and I liked the Llama Day, I'll make a goddess day too.

Some of the ones I have made:

I have a Valborg spring celebration, a dangerous magical transition between seasons, where the sims will have a special lot to travel to, appropriately built and decorated, and start fires, drink and sing, among other things.

I have the transition going the other way in the fall with Perchta run; partying, fighting, dressing up. My sims will form groups and go bother everyone in their houses.

After that I have a holiday named Clean Up After Yourself (except in swedish), with, well, cleaning.

Another magical portal is celebrated during summer solstice; and I think I'll do it like a theater, with a special lot with the debug gate on that transports sims to the Ancient Ruins, and there set things up for a play.