Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• LiamdoLiamdo Posts: 1 New Member
    I really really REALLY want half length walls! Or the option to actually draw walls in meters, inches og cm. I build a lot and it bothers me so much that walls are destined to be 1 tile. Why not make them half a tile? It would give so many new opportunities.

And as for windows and doors! PLEASE let us place them off grid the same way as other objects.
  • Dee WestDee West Posts: 66 Member
    edited July 2022
    These are my suggestions:

- Alarm Clocks
    - wake up more than 1 hour before they go to work
    - faster eating, bathing, and toilet runs
    - relaxing in bed
    - a workbench to make bouquets with the flowers
    - a workbench to make something with crystals and metals (maybe jewelry)
    - shelves big enough to display large crystals, fossils, insects, and frogs
    - fish not go bad in the refrigerator or give them a timer like the food (I hate when I fish away from my neighborhood and the fish are going bad before I can get back)
    - Or a container to put fish in so they don't go bad
    - more recipes to use all the fruits and vegetables
    - insects can be caught in parks
    - after you identify a plant the bushes are also identified (Get a ton of the same plants when looking for new ones)
    - the collector butterfly (it a pain trying to find collectables)
    - more fruits and vegetables
    - sprinklers (it takes forever to water plants)
    - toddlers
    - less multiple births
    - larger neighborhood with venues
    - have children's skill rollover to teen and so on
    - ethnic jewelry (don't know what it's called like the India headband)
    - ethnic clothing (like sarong)
    - piercings
    - be able to put your own pictures (like with music)
    - fully adjustable lifespans
    - working elevators or escalators
    - ladders
    - dating service online
    - favorites and astrological signs
    - stackable display containers for insects and frogs
    - other tabs for career, camping, and etc.
    - weather
    - cars would be nice
    - able to know how much time is left when you are on vacation
    - some kind of indicator what wrong with the baby
    - job: daycare
    - more starter homes
    - future (like the one in sims 3)
    - cuddling in bed
    - robbers
    - police to arrest robbers
    - firemen/women
    - snuggling while sleeping
    - more hairstyles for toddlers
    - more clothes for toddlers
    - more matching colors (it gets annoying when you have a color scheme and one piece just won't match)
    - celebrities
    - fish tanks that hold more than 6 fish types
    - headbands separate from hair
    - be able to swim in ocean/lake
    - In depth genealogy
    - teens sneaking out at night
    - more lots
    - added skills: cleaning, drums and bass
    - favorite music
    - swings and slides for children
    - color wheel or something like it so I can match my furniture.
    - larger lots

I'll keep adding everything I want as I think of them.
    Post edited by Dee West on
  • killerdude23233killerdude23233 Posts: 4 New Member
    I would like better 4K accessibility support, or just better 4K support in general. As is, the icons and text are agonizingly tiny in 3840x2160 Resolution even though the rest of the game looks and plays wonderfully. Unfortunately there's no font size or icon size sliders to assist those of us who suffer from poor vision and need larger text. I am enjoying the game well enough, but I'd like to enjoy it without the eye-strain that squinting and leaning in real close to the screen causes me. Literally just a couple of changes would need to be made.

1) Larger font size support so that the popup windows are readable.
    2) Larger UI icons, such as the time track and portraits at the bottom of the screen, or any/all of the buttons in CAS.

I want the higher resolution that 4K has to offer with the same scaling that I get in 1080p (ex: lower left current Sim portrait about 20% up the left edge vs 10% I'm seeing currently). If this could happen, my game would be perfect.
  • kkoblekkoble Posts: 1 New Member
    Better memory/relationship recognition.

For example, my Sim is enemies with Penny Pizzazz. I wish when my Sim saw her in the hallway she got nervous or annoyed or even acknowledged that she was in the same room as an enemy.

Same works for romantic relationships. A Sim kicked my Sim out of their house for showering there. But the next time they saw each other, everything was fine and dandy.

It would be great if Sims could actually remember interactions and act accordingly.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Improved teens
    - teens sneaking out and getting busted (could be like the get famous celeb party)
    - teens random acne and treatment when they have it not just cas make up
    - more hobbies and after school activities such as soccer, poetry, DnD, ballet etc basically free time
    - arranging sleepovers as a social event
    - which can bring pillow fights
    - ability for kids/teens to earn money and separate it ie a piggy bank they can deposit to, lemonade/cookie stand, more part time jobs potentially work from home such as tutor, at home babysit (ts3 nanny career), parent can asaign allowance that automatically goes to kids money box once a week etc can have different typed of money boxes such as a fancy silver one, a tin one, etc
    - also let adults plus take part time jobs or choose a part time schedule of existing job a that takes longer to get promoted in

Improved weddings/romance
    -turn ons and offs you can set in cas
    - customize rings similar to the sims mobile, choose a grade of metal for the band and optionally place a crystal in it
    - book honeymoon
    - hen and stag night events (return of dancers in cakes?)
    - speeches at the wedding
    - wedding decor that has decoration settings similar to seasons, such as special benches you can set flower or ribbon color on
    - themed wedding decor

Cars with interactions to
    - Teach teen to drive (makes sense going round the block)
    - make out/woohoo in car
    - fixer upper car
    - Take toddler for drive (encourage deep sleep)
    - sell cars
    - travel to...
    caitytrina.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Better personalities. *sigh*
    Lu4ERme.gif
    Thought of another thing too that's kind of related to the 4K stuff I wrote above:
    - Multiple Sim Info windows open at once

Simply, I'm tired of having to switch back and forth between the Needs panel and everything else. I kind of just want to make my entire right-side panel show Needs, Career, and Aspirations windows at the same time at all times, then switch between all the other panels at the bottom. I have all this screen space and nothing to fill it with.
    Off, I hate double posting, but I can't find an edit feature just to add on to my previous post from a few days ago, but please add the option to change Key-bindings. I want to switch the Sims Info window panes I most use such as Career, Needs, and Aspirations to some unbound keys on the Number Keypad (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9), or rebind them in order on the keyboard (H, J, K, L, ;, ') so that I can more quickly change between windows without having to memorize the arbitrary keys they are currently bound to (J, P, R, O, U, etc) that are spread far and wide across the keyboard.
  • EldircoraEldircora Posts: 40 Member
    I wish you could get wine and beer from the fridge, I often don't have room for a bar in my house or it ruints the esthetic.
    > @Liamdo said:
    > I really really REALLY want half length walls! Or the option to actually draw walls in meters, inches og cm. I build a lot and it bothers me so much that walls are destined to be 1 tile. Why not make them half a tile? It would give so many new opportunities.
    >
    > And as for windows and doors! PLEASE let us place them off grid the same way as other objects.

Yes! half a tile wall in lenght would be amazing, you could create so many cool wall features and such.
    This:

> @MissNightOwl said:
    >
    > Finally, it'd be great to have more frames and ways of using them (I mean the standing ones, for end tabels etc.).
    >
    and this:

> @RetinaStorm said:
    >
    > 9: When painting on the easel having the option of coloured frames we want to put on them.
    >

So important.

I feel like adding even two recolors to the sim's made paintings is such a quick fix and it would make so many players very happy, it makes me sad how it has not been added for so long. I love decorating my houses with all of the things my sims craft or collect, it gives the place character, but I often struggle with matching the style of my paintings to the interior.
  • InfireYourJamsInfireYourJams Posts: 1 New Member
    Something I'd really love is to have rooms of different foundation heights. Tried to make a house with two different level foundations but the higher level was automatically corrected when I joined the rooms together. Maybe make locking the foundation level a thing?
  • nude_spanude_spa Posts: 13 New Member
    I don't want to see a sim in a wedding dress doing push-ups.
    > @InfireYourJams said:
    > Something I'd really love is to have rooms of different foundation heights. Tried to make a house with two different level foundations but the higher level was automatically corrected when I joined the rooms together. Maybe make locking the foundation level a thing?

They have a reason for doing that. You could create joined rooms with different foundation heights for couple of weeks after releasing the terrain tool patch (it required some special methods but was possible) but then they patched it and now it is unpossible to my knowledge. But I hope they change that as well, it's very frustrating.
    > @NikolaiBanks said:
    > Make Sims smarter, I keep having to drag things they have in their inventories back into their inventories after they use them and put them down instead of putting them back in their inventories like they should do, it's a tirisim task and I wish someone would fix this issue already, not sure how many times it needs to be brought up....

In my opinion sims should be putting the items they're using back where they where. For example if a book was in their inventory, they should put it back in there, and if it was on a side table they should put it back on the sidetable. I often decorate my houses with usable items but then they keep moving them around. Another thing is the musical chairs while reading books. It drives me crazy.
  • SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    Gallery:
    Add a private cloud? (Save sims/houeholds, lots, inc..,. for a different computer.)
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited March 2019
    Many things are already said. I don't remember if I had said it, but I have some ideas about ages. I think the change of child to teen/adult to elder are too large

Preteen: 10-13, taller than children but shorter than teens(children height also change not small IRL so the change of height isn't problem). Theirs appearance between children and teens, go to middle school
    -They can take away by social workers, can't live alone without olders, can be adopted, can't have job or drinking in bar, can learning some teen and olders skills but have some differents(like children skills)
    -They can have romantic relationship with others preteens, but can't do some of romantic(such as woohoo, everyone know what's rating)
    -New CAS item: body hair, and some more slight facial hair(above lips, for female preteens). Female preteens also randomly get slight body hair and/or facial hair what above lips, but it will disappear when they grow up

Quinquagenarian: 55-60/65, theirs appearance between adults and elders, theirs hair default greying. Different from elders, they're not humped(elders are slight humped if watch carefully)
    -They can pregnancy/make others pregnancy but the chance is lower than adult. If a quinquagenarian pregnancy, she/he will more uncomfortable
    -Elders have higher chance take illness, quinquagenarians are lower than elders but higher than adults and youths(no include preteens and youngers)
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
    I'd really love to see an option to grab wine from the fridge. There is not even a mod for that
    I'm not sure if it's okay if I double post, but I'm getting new ideas and want to put them out here, so let me know.

So there is this lot trait called teenage hangout and it's really useful if you don't want elders to show up at your abandoned ruins underage drinking rage party, to put it specificaly. If we had this kind of traits for all of the ages that would be amazing.

Toddlers - mine never hang out with other todllers because I don't know any, so how cool would it be if you just add a lot trait like that to a park and create some friends, befriend their parents and all that. And then you could pretend someone drops you off their toddler to take care of it for a while, since you can invite toddlers through the phone.

Kids - I've started creating these youth centers and using clubs to pretend to have after school activities, like music classes or dance classes, but I wish more children would show up on these lots, not just the ones I invite, so I can make new friends.

Young Adults - I don't really like having half of the people in a night club to be elders.

Elders - we could create senior centers using a trait like that and maybe the gameplay would become more interesting.
  • angel_intestinesangel_intestines Posts: 2 New Member
    Here are my ideas:
    -A slider for age, where you could set a specific age but still be in a certain age group (and there appearance and could subtly change into the next age group)
    -Height slider
    -Crushes
    -One-sided relationships (One Sim likes the the other while the other dislikes them, this could apply to the last idea)
    -Be able to set a custom colors on Sim features, clothes, and furniture like in TS3
    -Be able to create babies in CAS
    -Be able to turn off phones completely or change into a flip phone
    -Only let Sims of your choice use a phone (I feel annoyed when my children and elderly sims pull out there phone randomly)
    -Ability to follow Sims to school
    -Set skills in CAS with a limited amount of points (Like with the personality in TS1)
    -Hairstyle combinations such as choosing your own bangs, strands, etc.
    -Set interests and dislikes separate from personality traits in CAS
    -To add to the last idea, also set fashion interests? (This could help Sims get along better with other Sims that share the same fashion and interests)
    -Mischievous actions for children and teens such as sneaking out, teaching younger Sims bad words, setting up pranks, etc.
    -More face markings (That could be customizable such as setting mole sizes, colors and placing them wherever)
    -Ability to disallow specific Sims on lots (I don't like it when elders and my preppy Sims come to my punk-themed nightclub!)
    -Buy clothes not available on CAS
    -Bullying; I feel like giving Sims the mean and evil traits doesn't do much, they're just more likely to snap at others so maybe Sims with one of these traits could target specific Sims based on their clothes or interests and pick on them when they're near
    -Ability to enroll teens and children into private or military school
    -Let teens and children run away; you can have parents call police to bring them home and you can still control the runaways and have them return home as you wish
    - Ability to put babies up for adoption
    - Ability to stop townies from generating
    - Ability to properly view (and delete?) CC in-game
    - Custom Radio Genres
    Some of these may have already been said, but I really hope that some of these would be implemented in the future!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Improve personalities.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    My newer idea is to update void critters to also be a mobile application (and teens plus can use that app) where they can scan their used childhood cards into it and continue the game when they age. Essentially Pokemon Go, they can level it when they walk or job, play against others near them (everyone has a mobile), trade digitally, etc. This allows kids to continue their passions without adding much animation work.
    It could also be applied with a tamagotchis item for kids that can be an app as well and looking after it boosts responsibility.
    If the player doesn't want notifications (x void has levelled up from walking) they can turn it off.
    There could be a dedicated game section of the phone for these type of apps.
    caitytrina.png
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I know it seems finicky but has anyone mentioned the build/buy mode prices?

Like honestly I get really confused by the pricing of the items, like they seem to want to make EVEYRTHING really cheap? Is this coz players have previously complained of difficulties or something? a)It’s just not that hard/rewarding to save up for items? And b) it really distracts me about certain items. I don’t understand why the get famous fountain is only 2k? Like it’s hugeee, and should easily be 20k+! I’m pretty sure the new famous modern chunky windows are ridiculously cheap also, when I first saw them I thought they looked expensive. Now I always assume they are plastic? Why are the fitness pack items cheaper than all the other gym equipment? It’s by far the most premium looking items yet dirt cheap. The fitness item with strangerville? Even cheaper than all the other gym items, like I don’t get it, some cool new high tech looking equipment, is it again supposed to be plastic? I’m just confused, these are only ones off the top of my head but sooo many items should have wayyy higher value.

Whilst I’m talking about build and buy, has anyone addressed the categorising in Game? Like I don’t know what is going on in places.

I’m talking about when you are buying by room and not function, you go into the kitchen accessories (the fruit bowl) and there are literally fruit bowls in the full catalogue, not present in this shortcut? But there’s a basketball? Like is this just a random selection of clutter items? Clearly not all as some are missing, so why not just kitchen clutter exclusively? Or do all clutter? Like it seems they haven’t been fully updated along the way as content has dropped? Not major but it is kinda annoying at times when you’re like oh no, this item I know specifically is not in the buy by room catalogue, I have to go into buy by function.

And talking about categorising, CAS? Really? The cold weather category is the worst however they all need updating, there are so many wintery outfits and items not in the winter section by default? Does winter mean blizzard attire exclusively? But I feel the whole category system needs a makeover in CAS. Even If we could just do it ourselves that would be great. I do love the sims 4 btw, I’ve just been playing it a lot recently and these are a couple of little things that just annoy me more and more, pet hates lol.
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    I would like better 4K accessibility support, or just better 4K support in general. As is, the icons and text are agonizingly tiny in 3840x2160 Resolution even though the rest of the game looks and plays wonderfully. Unfortunately there's no font size or icon size sliders to assist those of us who suffer from poor vision and need larger text. I am enjoying the game well enough, but I'd like to enjoy it without the eye-strain that squinting and leaning in real close to the screen causes me. Literally just a couple of changes would need to be made.

1) Larger font size support so that the popup windows are readable.
    2) Larger UI icons, such as the time track and portraits at the bottom of the screen, or any/all of the buttons in CAS.

I want the higher resolution that 4K has to offer with the same scaling that I get in 1080p (ex: lower left current Sim portrait about 20% up the left edge vs 10% I'm seeing currently). If this could happen, my game would be perfect.

You can change the UiScale yourself though through editing the correct file. I don't remember exactly which but I think it's in the GraphicsRules SGR file but Google it just in case. I play in 4k with correct ui scale.
  • SpaceCadet2SpaceCadet2 Posts: 2 New Member
    My sister and I would like to see a Sims 4 Supernatural pack (sorry if it's already been suggested). I dunno about you guys, but I think playing a witch vampire would be pretty neat.