Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims wearing random outfits when it's raining.

Hi !

I'm really bothered by something that's happening when it's raining : the unplayed sims wandering in the neighborhood wear weird randomly generated outfits, instead of the everyday, cold, or hot outfits (I spend a lot of time giving each of them proper outfits for each situation, so...).

Qzdv3GL.png

YTprKvp.jpg

I tried to play without mods, and this issue is still here. To be honnest, I would not be surprised if this is intentional, as it's not the first time something like that happen (we already had these situation outfits with festivals, fake vampires in Forgotten Hollow, tourists in San Myshuno, some people speak about sims in nightclubs too).

But this is so annoying ! When you create a sims, you give her or him a personnality and a style. And these outfits never fit with that (and they often look bad). We are the players, we are supposed to have total control on this kind of stuff, for our sims at last...
7FOHKlj.png
Clothes, hairstyles, buildings, sims and objects available on my blog, Un Sims au Bout du Fil
Origin ID simsontherope

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2018
    Agreed. Nothing frustrated me more than, after having redesigned the outfits for over 200 sims, seeing them in game with turbans and sunglasses. It infuriated me.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (โ—กโ€ฟโ—กโœฟ)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    All of those are Cold defaults. But def. weird that they aren't picking ones you gave them in Cold. Is this happen in cool or cold + rain? or is it also happening in warm + rain? Either way, those are details to add in a bug report: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER โ€” Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimsontheropeSimsontherope Posts: 291 Member
    @Cupid : Same ! And that was only after editing all my custom content to give each item the good hot weather or cold weather tag.

@luthienrising : for the moment, I only played during summer and the beginning of autumn, so I guess it was during rain with warm temperature. I have to test if this happen too during winter, but in any case, this is frustrating. As they have an unbrella, they could simply wear their everyday outfits in this situation.
    7FOHKlj.png
    Clothes, hairstyles, buildings, sims and objects available on my blog, Un Sims au Bout du Fil
    Origin ID simsontherope
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited June 2018
    So far, I've only seen Sims in rain change clothes if it was cool or cold (in spring, and mostly cool, not cold), hence the question. In warm rain, my Sims weren't changing.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER โ€” Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    The sims from the family I'm playing don't change their outfits, it only happens for the other sims walking around the neighborhood (I made them outfits for the hot and cold weather too).
    7FOHKlj.png
    Origin ID simsontherope
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    This game is frustrating sometimes. :(
    Small update on the situation : it happens in winter too. The sims wear their cold outfits, they don't change if it starts raining, but the sims coming to the neighborhood after that wear a randomly generated outfit.
    7FOHKlj.png
    Origin ID simsontherope
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Maybe the game should just apply these over whatever the sim was wearing when it starts to rain
    11135A-3.jpg
    90b0680d-e9a8-40de-bbef-3a53955588bb_1.26341e6223df6a41465a1d8a16905791.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF
    $_3.JPG?set_id=2

Not only do they come in awesome shades of ugly, but horrid patterns!
    fashion_rain_poncho_pink_spots.jpg
    a196b688-efbc-4407-8b2e-f9e209ec35e2.jpg?w=614&fit=max&auto=format&q=70
    9ddf65f6-a60c-4117-a1b1-f5ca7f9a2151.jpg?w=614&fit=max&auto=format&q=70

And there are horrors for the children
    Rain-Poncho-in-Colorful-Design.jpg
    Pure-Girls-Raincoat-Poncho-Transparent-Red-Yellow-Green-Kids-Children-Rain-Coat-Waterproof-Rainsuit-with-Hood.jpg_640x640.jpg
    In a spoiler to save you from the scary images.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    @Movotti : I think... the umbrella is enough ! :p
    7FOHKlj.png
    Origin ID simsontherope
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Why are they wearing sunglasses when it's raining? Stuff like that drives me nuts. For that matter why does TS4 put glasses on most Sims for almost every event, now they have added rain to trigger glasses.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JazzpuzJazzpuz Posts: 83 Member
    edited July 2018
    All the accessorizing *especially* drives me nuts - look at the blond girl with two rings on her hand, I bet she has three more on her other :s This oftens happens to male-townies :D ! I wish they would just disable (ear)rings, socks/leggings, hats and glasses for randomizing.

I know there's probably hundreds of mods but I have bad experiences with (script) mods and tend to avoid them :(
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited July 2018
    The middle 2 dont look bad.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited July 2018
    It wouldn't be so bad if the sims would just change into an actual rain coat when it rained with the walk-by's, but it's just strange when you see your sims walking around in stuff like this.
    tM8BkQ8.png
    Shades, head wraps (doek) and turbans are in this season apparently.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    what I hate is the ts4 outfit randomizer. It's SO annoying. I wish that we could just make preset sim looks and have the game pick from there so that the outfits are at least coordinated.

I also wish that the team had updated the start game-file to give all the townies outfits--I don't have the time to go in and edit ALL THE PREMADE SIMS

tumblr_pbq1tnfdig1qijewwo1_540.png

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Oh, so this was a bug after all...I noticed Sims changing into strange situation outfits everytime it rained, no matter if it was warm or cold, and they always seem to be cold weather defaults and usually wearing turbans and sunglasses.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    It seems as if randomized outfits (and musical chairs) will always be an issue with TS4. In the beginning, it worked so nicely. Now, it seems to have taken on a life of its own and there is no stopping it.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    edited March 2019
    I am still having this issue. Before and after mod use. I don't understand this. It's so annoying. I go into CAS to try to change their outfit, but none of the outfits there are the one they are wearing when it rains.

PLEASE FIX THIS. I spend time pain-stakingly editing townies I come across just for them to switch into the dumbest outfits when it rains. This is SO FRUSTRATING. I am thinking of disabling rain which is my favorite weather just because of this. It feels like I have no control over this game sometimes. It simultaneously lets me to work a lot to have the lively, fun town I'm envisioning and undermines me at every turn with things like randomized outfits and gosh awful townies that I can't stop the game from generating! :(

Cold outfit assigned next to what she actually wears:
    (Warm is also different, it's orange shirt with a skirt and no hat)
    kq1PcJV.png?1A1PV2RH.png?1

None of the outfits are this outfit!!
    Hope this isn't necroposting, but the issue is still not resolved (not that old) and this had all of the information needed, so making a new post seems silly...
    Post edited by naomeh on
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yeah this is a problem in my game too..lol
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited March 2019
    Sadly the Situation outfit is a dynamic category, we can't replace it by a better one.

For some mysterious reasons, since EP03 City Living has been released, the studio decided to assign the Situation outfit to the NPC townies instead of loading the Everyday outfits.

EP05 Seasons is not always able to push the Warm/Cool outfits.
  • nude_spanude_spa Posts: 13 New Member
    There's no excuse EA. However, it was raining the other day IRL and I saw someone wearing a tank top and flip flops.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yup, I can confirm that the sims use some pretty interesting random styles for clothing on rainy days, lol!