Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine Out confused

So I got Dine Out and finely decide to download a restaurant and sent a family out to dinner. The staff is all standing around outside and no one goes to work if; and my family can't take a seat or order or nothing. I only found a guild to own and run a restaurant, not just go dine at one. So that is my question; do we have to own and run it your self? Can't we just have a nice dinner with the family?

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    kamra19610 wrote: »
    So I got Dine Out and finely decide to download a restaurant and sent a family out to dinner. The staff is all standing around outside and no one goes to work if; and my family can't take a seat or order or nothing. I only found a guild to own and run a restaurant, not just go dine at one. So that is my question; do we have to own and run it your self? Can't we just have a nice dinner with the family?

You don't have to own it. Maybe it's the restaurant you downloaded? Or perhaps your game. Try to repair the game or play a different restaurant.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited March 2019
    You don’t have to own a restaurant for your sims to dine there. Normally staff works though be ready to stay all night, eating at restaurants takes forever!!

Don’t forget to click on the welcome desk/station to ask for a table otherwise you can’t sit and order.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    You don’t have to own a restaurant for your sims to dine there. Normally staff works though be ready to stay all night, eating at restaurants takes forever!!

Don’t forget to click on the welcome desk to ask for a table otherwise you can’t sit and order.

You should be able to click a table and request it if you want to. Sims will talk to the host to get it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    True, I forgot that !
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »

Don’t forget to click on the welcome desk to ask for a table otherwise you can’t sit and order.

You should be able to click a table and request it if you want to. Sims will talk to the host to get it.

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I have never ran a restaurant, but I love taking my sims there to eat! You do have to click on the desk to request a table (the host will usually walk over to it when you click, if he is not already standing there) or request from a table.

Sometimes they stand around outside or inside, because a celebrity is there :D
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Which one did you download? Is it a player made one?

I always have the one Maxis restaurant Chez Llama in the world and it always works very well, maybe play test to see if that's the case with just one restaurant or all of them?

As mentioend above no need to own the resturaunt and you can even edit the resturaunt to your liking even if your sim doesn't own it (The menu, the lot, the clothes staff wear, etc.)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    restaurants are tricky... a lot of the gallery ones don't work as intended. Try a Maxis restaurant and see if that works.
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    When you go to a restaurant that you have just installed, it'll take quite a long time before you get served. You have to go often so the employees will upgrade their skill (cooking, serve meals and host) even if it's a managed by the game. The sims still have to upgrade skill. Then after a while, they'll be good, and you'll get a good experience in a normal time.
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    Thank you everyone. It is good to know that I can just go and not own, but from reading what you all have to say; I believe it may be the restaurant as it is a gallery one and I will try a Maxis one.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    kamra19610 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone. It is good to know that I can just go and not own, but from reading what you all have to say; I believe it may be the restaurant as it is a gallery one and I will try a Maxis one.

I've got a rather simple one on my gallery. Been using it for quite a while. ID is PsychoTPS

Works flawlessly... unless a Famous person walks in that is.