Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I discovered an awesome cheat for decorating houses in Sims 2. I've seen it listed in the help menu all this time, and just never put much thought into it. Now, I'll never play without using it again. Lol.
    setQuarterTilePlacement on, then push cntrl+f.
    It allows you to place pretty much anything on quarter increments of floor tiles instead of always in the center of them. So I've been able to center fireplaces on a 3 wall section between windows, put posts right on corners of the porch, place furniture and bushes right up next to each other... all with one cheat instead of the several I was using before.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    If a bath tub (maybe a shower too) is broken and placed on the second floor with no walls under it, it will leak on the ground/floor.
    eth2o2c0ey.jpg
    And it makes a lot of dripping sounds. Never saw it before.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited September 2018
    Edit: What I originally wrote was a bug, doesn't happen in my game now.
    Post edited by Brindleton on
  • ataurusataurus Posts: 21 Member
    I had Mary Sue Pleasant catch Daniel cheating and made Mary Sue move out. The next day she showed up to the house and stole the newspaper! :smiley:
    When witches call their familiars, they are white for good witches and black for bad witches of course. What I didn't know until tonight was, if you switch alignment, your witch keeps her cat and it's fur simply changes color. I haven't had witches switch very often.
    While Maleficent doesn't fit a white cat as well as a black one, it does make things easier on my Sim to keep her friend.
  • SaraberrycherrySaraberrycherry Posts: 1 New Member
    Very thankful for this thread! I have been reading it on and off for about a week! 😁

Made me go back, slow down the game and really appreciate the game!

Also for my tip, if you put a mini fridge under a counter, the counter will go over the mini fridge and the fridge will still be useable! (If that makes sense? 🤔)
    - I figured this out while making over one of the dorms!
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    When there is a sim taking a shower and another flushes the toilet, the water turns cold and the sim opens the curtain/door to protest. XD
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Hejix wrote: »
    When there is a sim taking a shower and another flushes the toilet, the water turns cold and the sim opens the curtain/door to protest. XD

Fun fact: This only happens with the cheaper showers. The more expensive ones do not have this issue.
  • SimsInHogwartsSimsInHogwarts Posts: 57 Member
    When playing families if one of the parents has an affair and the children witness it they will cry and the parents can console them. Their relationship with the parent having the affair also takes a hit!

That instantly reminded me of the Pleasant family. The twins caught their father cheating and, well...they kinda hated him for a long time.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    So, everyone.... Can Bigfoot be a PlantSim? My bigfoot wants to be a PlantSim but I don't know if can happen. He can be a Zombie but I don't think he can be a werewolf. He can be a Witch but I don't know if he can be a Vampire.

So, can he be a Plantsim, Werewolf, or a Vampire? :mrgreen:
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    Bigfoot can become a zombie or a witch, but not a werewolf, vampire, or PlantSim. Sims cannot become a Bigfoot.

So to answer your question: not those three life states, but witch and zombie can work.
    Banner.png
  • Hecate90Hecate90 Posts: 53 Member
    Not sure if these have already been mentioned (not gonna lie I haven't read through all 25 pages of this thread lol).

If you purchase the Sims 2 Bustin' Out game from a community lot for your Sims they can then play it on their computer or TV if they have the game simulator console in their home. It plays the real Sims Bustin' Out music and shows a clip of the actual game! It makes me feel so nostalgic.

When you gain more than 5 creativity skill points your Sims are able to make real life paintings of each other and you can hang them up on the wall.

Also not sure if this was just coincidence but I made a Sim with maximum nice points on their personality be really mean to another Sim at a bowling alley on Nightlife, and they just looked at me and shrugged as if to say "REALLY!" like I've noticed my Sims do that a lot when I make them do an interaction they don't want to carry out ha.
  • DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    Witches can visit secret magic castles, there's two castles, one is dark and the other is light.
    Witches can also make decor items in the cauldron one of which is a throne that if they sit in will raise up all of their needs, if a good witch sits in an evil witches thrones, their needs will deteriorate and vice versa
    I just saw these aren't squeaky bones but squeaky sheep toys. :lol:

Dpt5KkU.jpg
  • Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but some Sims like Lazlo Curious will pee in the shower.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited February 2019
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Dpt5KkU.jpg

I look at it and I see a poodle (that was bred with a dachshund)! The tail looks more like a cotton ball than a docked sheep tail. Also, the "fro" on that dome. :D

*I honestly thought they were bones as well. Great catch! I would never had known otherwise...

Now, if I could just learn to spell. *sigh*
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    edited February 2019
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Dpt5KkU.jpg

I always thought those were bones. Good catch. I wonder if they might be llamas though, just because llamas are ever present in Sims.
  • Hecate90Hecate90 Posts: 53 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yesterday I only just noticed that on the SimStation TV channel on one of the metal songs there's a video clip of a Sim kicking a gravestone. Sims 2 is wild.
    Hejix wrote: »

I've been playing the Sims 2 for 10 years and I didn't know this. I saw people getting mad but I didn't understand why. I thought it was because they don't want to be seen naked...
    edited February 2019
    double
    edited February 2019
    double
    edited February 2019
    double
    edited February 2019
    double
    edited March 2019
    Last month, I discovered how to exploit the Network Perk of getting build/buy objects cheaper. Just buy a cheap object, sell it at regular price- repeat as you get more money from the sales. Then the Poverty Challenge, BACC, and Legacy starts are easy. :(

*Also, the cheap fireplace costing 100 is worth 600 after midnight. Hint. :cookie:

• violaineTviolaineT Posts: 48 Member
    I started to use mods for making the game harder (higher bills, career restrictions... No 20k)
    Now I need some nice way to start adult life with low money after the uni, when they come back with a few thousands simoleons only, and I enjoy building small very cheap pension (apartments build) not spoiling my interest by putting everything they could have in the common area, but giving them a 6 square room each and then everything collective.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top