Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Break up or not?

CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
Here's a little backstory. My sim Mai Lu, is trying to figure out what's happening in Strangerville. She had to either fight, impress, or seduce someone to get something (trying not to use any spoilers). Well she chose the seduce option. She was successful. The man she seduced then became her boyfriend since he said he was single. Now their relationship says they are best friends and soul mates. One night, her boyfriend asked her to a party. She went. When they had arrived at this party her boyfriend walked straight to the bar. He didn't even say Hello to Mai. I had her go over to him and give him a kiss. Then I noticed there was another woman near him that go the a super angry face as soon as Mai kissed him. The other woman then proceeded to walk over to him and slap him in the face. She also had the broken heart thought bubble.

Here's my dilemma, do I break up with him? She is so attached that I know its going to break her heart to break up with him. On the other hand, she was originally just using him to get what she needed for the Strangerville story... BUT he cheated on her!

I don't know why I am having such a hard time figuring out what to do.. Please help lol.

PS - That's a pic of Mai and her boyfriend on my signature, and that's Mai as my profile pic.

EDIT Mai and her boyfriend broke up. I checked his relationship with the other woman and it was about half on the love meter. Mai was heartbroken after the other girl slapped her man. I decided Mai (even though she was using him and that was morally wrong) deserved better than him... Plus he hates children and Mai plans on having kids. She went to a bar with some friends to get over her break up and met a beautiful nice woman named Luz. They hit it off and are now dating. I'm interested to see where this leads now, I have never had a save with so much drama. I am thinking of starting a blog about Mai's life. Let me know if any of you would be interested in reading it, I could send you the link once it is started.
2ynjgg8.png
Post edited by Corenren on

Break up or not? 38 votes

Break up
42%
MeteoraStormMindofycatloverplayerKatiardgueztaydevannaliese39ZenAlchemistgnelso1239Sigzy05SiliCloneDestin2016belle10Dianesimssimms745hermioniaSimsStitchesXoXo 16 votes
Continue dating
7%
RedShoe7LadyLana1Simsandra 3 votes
Don't talk to him, let the relationship dissolve
0%
Kill him, kill him with fire! Hes a cheater!!!
18%
jeepjeepcatxoJessiSekrilEvie0602KottonKrownMrSunshineCheetahAlyssa 7 votes
Propose, then break up at the altar, that will show him!
23%
Colorist40StrangerthanMinguisseFlymikaShadyLady89AfterMidnightsingingwritingJasonschick80g1raff3s 9 votes
Other options: please specify.
7%
LaBlue0314keekee53EnkiSchmidt 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Propose, then break up at the altar, that will show him!
    My game is usually pretty tame so when the opportunity for drama appears I usually go over the top with it lol.
  • Options
    My game is usually pretty tame so when the opportunity for drama appears I usually go over the top with it lol.

Lol I think that's why I'm having such a dilemma, my game is usally very "Vanilla" and not much drama takes place.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Beat up the other woman and watch which one he cheers on (or generally how he acts). If the reaction is in favor of the rival, break up and beat him up, too. If the reaction is in your sim's favor, give him another chance.

Or if you want to go all out, don't use fire or the leave at the altar, instead do this: move them both in, take them with you to
    the deepest level of the lab and have them fight what you find in there TWICE. Problem solved.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Maybe he was with the other woman and your sim stole his heart making your sim the other woman hahah. Maybe he was trying to move on but the other woman wouldn't let go...LOL Maybe the woman started everything in Strangeville trying to make a love potion to make the sim love her. So many ways to play this story out. I couldn't decide without seeing the relationship bar between the two sims.

So my idea is to move him into another house and see just how involved he was with the other woman and then decide. If the romance bar was low, she was probably a fling and stay with him. If the romance bar was high, he was a player and get out while you can.

Have fun and make the story crazy I say!!
  • Options
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Maybe he was with the other woman and your sim stole his heart making your sim the other woman hahah. Maybe he was trying to move on but the other woman wouldn't let go...LOL Maybe the woman started everything in Strangeville trying to make a love potion to make the sim love her. So many ways to play this story out. I couldn't decide without seeing the relationship bar between the two sims.

So my idea is to move him into another house and see just how involved he was with the other woman and then decide. If the romance bar was low, she was probably a fling and stay with him. If the romance bar was high, he was a player and get out while you can.

Have fun and make the story crazy I say!!

I haven't moved him into a household and taken a look at his relationship with the other woman. That seems like a good place to start. Especially since both Mai's relationship bars with him are 100% full.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm thinking that maybe he didn't cheat on your sim with the other woman, but the other way around. But and here is a huge BUT he knew what he was doing by having his two ladies at the same location, yet trying to ignore your sim. I think what I would do would be to either move him in and check out his other relationship(s), to see what is going on, and also his main goal in life; does he wish to have several romances / how is his commitment issues, does he have any or not. Then I would be paying very close to both their whims, what do they involve, and with whom.

But that ignoring your sim would have been the clincher for me.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited March 2019
    I mean, she was using him at first. Even if he lied about being single, she manipulated him for her own gain. She doesn't have much moral high ground here.

Plus, we don't know when this woman was part of his life - she could have been a stalker, a jealous ex, someone he dumped for your sim, or a science experiment gone wrong. Figuring out who she is would reveal so much. And unless the woman just threw a wrench into his plans by showing up, it seems like he purposely planned to have the girls meet. He must have something planned. Maybe he invited Mai to the bar so he could tell her about the other woman, or because he wanted to break Mai's heart after he found out about her plans? Maybe he's just a jerk and wanted to hurt Mai when she was most vulnerable? Maybe he wanted to show the other woman that he moved on to someone else? Or maybe he wanted to propose a polyamorous relationship?

At any rate, it sounds like your sim and him really do care for each other. But if they've both done some questionable things and have been dishonest, then that needs to be addressed. Have them talk things through and try to have a frank, open dialogue about how they acted and what they want for the future.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017