Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Free Will Show - October 1: Day 25 released (The End!)

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
Season 2 is now airing! (Oct 20 2019)

Main show opens January 23rd 2019!

Did you watch "The Free Will Show - Hug Craze Edition"? I thought this idea was quite fun, and there will be more! It will be running as a long term show, and in this thread I'll post updates. The main show is set to air January 2019, but before that there will be 3 more editions to pick the contenders. These editions will be more interesting to watch than the "Hug craze edition", as you periodically get much closer to the contenders, the point system is more advanced, and participants are no longer related which means there might occur free will romances.

advertisement.jpg

Once the 4 winners are chosen, there will be a call for simmers to create and suggest a few additional contenders to the big show, a few specific requirements will be posted here and on my blog, Simmerville's Sims, in December.
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
Post edited by Simmerville on

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited May 2021
    The main show - Episodes:

Oh-oh I forgot to update this section! Season 3 closed 2 months ago, and season 4 opens no later than May 16th.
    All episodes are on my Youtube channel

Season 2 - opens October 2019 (8 episodes):
    Day 7: (October 20 2019 - voting closed)
    Day 8: (November 9 2020 - voting closed)
    Day 9: (January 9 2020 - voting closes on Jan 16 at 11:59)
    Day 10: (March 7 2020 - voting closes on Mar 14 at 11:59)
    Day 11: (February 2020)
    Day 12: (February 2020)
    Day 13: (March 2020)
    Day 14: (March 2020)

Season 1 - opens January 2019 (6 episodes):
    Episode 1: (January 23rd 2019 - no voting)
    Episode 2: (February 15th 2019 - voting closed)
    Episode 3: (March 7th 2019 - voting closed)
    Episode 4: (March 25th 2019 - voting closed)
    Episode 5: (May 4th 2019, voting closed)
    Episode 6: NEW (June 15th 2019, VOTING closes on June 22nd at 11:59 PM)
    edited February 2019
    The editions:

Hug Craze edition - opens August 2018 (4 weekly episodes):
    Part 1: https://youtu.be/CykDApYPDoM
    Part 2: https://youtu.be/WkwMuFCvUBg
    Part 3: https://youtu.be/0MKEnVpefTE
    Part 4: https://youtu.be/5GY8n49SoIY

Cook & Clean edition - opens September 2018 (4 weekly episodes):
    Part 1: https://youtu.be/3J5j0gdSoU8
    Part 2: https://youtu.be/cRzRYLWxwvw
    Part 3: https://youtu.be/aWtKNvhVJxo
    Part 4: https://youtu.be/ef6lnoWCOoY

Pets edition - opens November 2018 (2 weekly episodes):
    Part 1: https://youtu.be/bF6qBm9-SAs
    Part 2: https://youtu.be/fceO2EeTt7k

Monster edition - opens December 2018 (2 weekly episodes):
    Part 1: https://youtu.be/E7iLJx92q1U
    Part 2: https://youtu.be/Jdo7mcYgwGc
    edited September 2018
    The Free Will Show - Cook & Clean edition part 1 is up!

4 new participants, Edvin, Samantha, Tommy and Brenda. The winner gets a spot on the big upcoming "The Free Will Show"! I hate filming with walls down, so from now on there are intervals where you get much closer to the participants, making it more interesting to spy on them :wink:

Part 2 of the Cook & Clean edition is out! Who wins a spot on the big show airing this January? Only Edvin, Samantha, Tommy or Brenda can win!

Part 3 of 4 will be out in one week.
    Part 2 of the Free Will Show - Cook & Clean edition - is out! Only one more episode to go before we know the winner who becomes the 2nd contender to the big show airing in January!

Finally - here is part 4 of The Free Will Show - Cook & Clean Edition! This means we have the 2nd contender to the main show chosen!

The Pets Edition will air in Novewmber, and Monster Edition in December - both a bit delayed and therefore they will both be only 2 or 3 episodes instead of 4.
    Just a quick note about the upcoming "The Free Will Show - Pets Edition". It's bit delayed, but will be up while we still see November. Then the "Monster edition" (which I really look forward to!) will air mid December.

And finally, there will be a call for Sims for the last 2 contender spots for the main Free Will Show that will air in January. Anyone can create a Sim and upload to Gallery, but please wait until I can post requirements -it depends on who win the last editions. I'll post that call mid December, with deadline Dec 31st.
    Finally - The Free Will Show - Pets Edition is now up! This edition will be just 2 episodes, 2nd to be released within 5 days. Goal is to pick a winning sim, and the cat or dog that the winning sim has the best relation to. They will both participate on the upcoming main show, come January!

Here's part 1 of the Pets edition:

edited December 2018
    The Free Will Show will air in January, nearly all the participants are now found. In the final Monster edition one evil or mean sim will be chosen based on bad behavior. There are 4 participants and the one having the lowest score after 2 episodes, will move on to the main show! He or she will be the 4th participant.

In addition there will be a call for 2 sims created by anyone. The required aspirations/traits will be posted mid December.

Now the 1st part of the Monster Edition is available on my Youtube channel. Like always, watch the start and the ending, and feel free to jump during the main parts. 2nd part will be out within a week.

We now have 4 participants + one pet lined up for the upcoming Free Will Show. We still need two more participants, and you can help create them!

You can sumbit one one of them, see requirements on the video below. Post the gallery link in a comment within December 30th, and the two lucky participants will be announced on December 31st.

Hello! Final 2 sims were chosen. All contenders for the upcoming Free Will Show are introduced in this video:

Just a quick note to inform that this show is still in production, and 1st episode of the main Free Will Show airs next week! :)
    Yay - the Free Will Show is on! Check out episode 1. I never expected so much points drama in the first episode - let's blame it on the weather! :)

Read more about the concept under the Youtube video, or on my blog (post of Jan 22nd).

edited February 2019
    Episode 2 of the Free Will Show is up! This time there is a voting, but you must be quick because voting closes on Feb 22nd at 11:59 PM.

In this episode the 6 sims get into more chaos as all toilets break, Sonia gets sick, power gets shut off, Emma is starving, there's a lot of peeing selfs, and there is a voting coming up! But hey, no matter what you guys vote, not all problems can get solved; if they hire a Repairman water will be shut off tomorrow due to unpaid bills. If they pay bills, they can still not use the toilets. So maybe getting far away will be the better option?.

Voting has closed, and they will call the Repair Service in the morning! It will of course be a good thing to get the sinks and toilets functional again, but it will probably be a tough day anyway because the water shut down upcoming due to bills not being paid.

Next episode will be the last with 6 contenders, as the sim with less points at 6 AM (end of episode) will be kicked out! (this will repeat in episode 6)

Because it seems quite hard to collect points, especially if everyone will pee themselves again with the water shut off, there will be a new rule starting in episode 3: There will be a voting in EVERY EPISODE, the Sim in Focus will no longer need to have all those points to pay. They will simply get a negative score if they can't pay. So, when Sim in Focus has low or negative score, he/she can choose from the full list, but might pick the options costing less. This will open for more strategies, shall the Sim in Focus help them all by taking a cost s/he can not afford?

Next episode is scheduled to release on March 5th!
    Just to let you know that episode 3 release will be a couple days delayed. The full 24 hrs sequence has been recored, but it takes some time to get the editing, graphics and point counting correct. I'm quite excited, because even if the 3rd day is filmed, I have no idea how the score will be at end of the upcoming episode!

And this time it will be crucial to one of the contenders, as the one with lowest score will be kicked out! From episode 4 there shall only be 5 sims in the house, and again from episode 7 there shall only be 4 sims, which will be the group for the rest of this series. I can say as much as nobody on 2 legs ran away, so 1 sim has to be kicked. Who will it be?

Now, I'm off to do some serious editing... :)
    Oh, sorry, I forgot to post the latest addition!!!

The Free Will Show Episode 3 was released yesterday. At end of this episode 1 of the 6 contestants will need to leave the house - the one with the lowest score, naturally. Who will it be?

There is also a voting! You should see the last 3-4 minutes of the video, but you can also see the 3 options listed in the description below the video. Deadline for voting is 7 days after release, meaning you still got more than 6 days...

Episode 4 is up!!! This morning Don must leave the house, and the remaining 5 contenders get a surprise regarding his negative score... He left them with no option to pay bills, so does it mean the water will be shut off? No power, no water, how nice is that in a house where everyone go by by free will? And how about the dog Emma who ran away... is she gone for good?

As in every episode Sim in focus will pick 3 alternative actions/events, and you can vote for the one to be executed the next morning. Voting is open for 7 days from release.

Hello, Free Will Show viewers! Episode 5 is up, and let me remind you that only one episode remains for the show's first season. After episode 6 one more contender (lowest score) will get kicked out, and when the show returns with season 2 there will be only 4 contenders + 1 dog. The show will then go on with aging on until there is only one contender left in the house. No more kicking out, it will all be up to their free will - and of course good or bad luck. For season 2 the rules will be slightly adjusted, but basically you already get the idea :)

Now - enjoy episode 5! Will their bills finally be paid? Will there be a fire? I think so...

The Free Will Show is closing 1st season with Episode 6! It's airing now on my Youtube channel.

In this episode one more contender is kicked out - who will it be? From season 2 there will be only 4 contenders + 1 dog, and there will be 8 episodes before end of year.

The Free Will Show is back! What happens on Day 7? Season 2 is where the real thing starts - 4 sims in the house, the last standing wins the house!

In season 2, which will span a total of 8 days/episodes, a new feature involving each episode's top/low score. There were also made adjustments to points and events to choose from.

Another episode is out! Here's day 8 - and the contenders are finally allowed to leave the house! Some f them, that is...

Voting on next episode's event is open for 7 days, starting right now! :)

It's been way too long - I actually had planned for 2 episodes during December, but there were none!

But tomorrow there will finally be a new Free Will Show episode. And because I want the episodes to contain a little more than eating and cleaning floors, an extra "directed event" will be added... And well, to avoid that this series ends in year 2025, and the winning sim turns 82 years old, I'll think of some more rules for the 3rd season, that might make the process of kicking out contenders a bit quicker. If you have input, please share! :)

I'll post more about this in a few days! Here's a screen dump from tomorrow's episode :)

20200107-fws-ep3.jpg
    Free Will Show - Episode 9 is up! Filthy, filthy...

Free Will Show - Episode 10 is up! Such a depressed group of trapped sims, but at least this day was filled with conversations!

Remember to vote within 7 days from release - there is the daily vote where you pick one action to be performed by the Sim in Focus, and the additional "social vote" where you decide who will argue with their worst in-house relation. Might get interesting ;)