Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do We Really Need Another Three Years? TS4 at Four Years Old

Comments

• Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Archieonic wrote: »
    The thing is, from their perspective that means that it is worth continuing, which to me isn't a bad thing per se. What IMO is a bad thing per se is that because it has made so much revenue THIS way, it means they have the drive to keep going this specific way. They won't feel the urge to revamp personalities, or to add X or Y, or to polish and bug-fix as much, because the status quo right now sells. That to me is much more scary than whether they continue TS4 for another 2, 4 or 6 years.
    Comparing while removing what did not exist in previous iterations wouldn't quite work out in my humble opinion. TS4 sells $10-$20 more on average compared to TS2 and TS1, yes. But what about TS3 store? That was littered with tons of objects and sets, even worlds, which are worth raw in total more than the entirety of TS4. Also, stuff packs were priced at $20 a piece in previous iterations. I think comparing them as a whole instead of as what each offered as far as types of DLCs is true to what the numbers should mean overall, but that's just me and I understand your aim.

I've thought about that. There is a risk they will ignore customer feedback because it is selling well.
    I didn't mention the Sims 2&3 stores because those appeared to be considered separate albeit related revenue sources not included in the numbers. I have no doubt if they were included, Sims 3 sales would blow everything else out of the water. I know I personally owned most of the store. My aim was just to try to say it's hard to compare which made more. They offered different things at different prices.
    There's no doubt Sims 4 is selling well, but it's hard to say for certain if it's actually outpacing it's predecessors if you could somehow compare them on a level ground. That's all I was getting at. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, I just know people are often curious about that.

^^ Yes this! We can't compere them, we don't have information about that, at least as far i can tell.
    I'm also curios but also it does not matter what game would sell more since i think it would not change our opinions on what game we like more :)
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Which as such doesn’t matter because even if Sims 4 is the best selling game ever in the history of games, it unfortunately doesn’t mean for me personally I cheer three more years. Meaning it’s not an argument for me. But again, why don’t the links work for me :disappointed: ?

Interestingly, Tetris is the best selling game of all time. Minecraft is a close second. Sims 1 is number 49, out of the 50 listed. The others aren't on the list.
    If you look at best selling franchises, Mario is number 1. Sims is number 7, although it does note it is currently the most successful franchise ever.
    There's a reason Sims is considered a "casual" game and isn't taken seriously in the gamer world. Although I dispute the term all the time with my husband because I know we've dropped thousands on it and I've spent years of time playing. lol.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    edited March 2019
    GemSixx wrote: »
    @GemSixx
    I was trying to show that what game packs you would thing is worth is just about what u personally want in you're game.
    Like sims 3 u get all that customizing colors and no need to worry about color matching , sims 4 give u the ability to color you're cats and dogs how u like and just paint them. ---> both of these features are unique to that serie so it's what you want.
    Sims 3 let u buy a lot of small pets and horses and also horse aqility. Sims 4 let u have cats and dogs but also let u run you're own vet and also go to the vet whit you're pets. And this time agility whit you're dogs ---> about what u would like to do, maybe u have always wanted to run and build a vet or active career as a vet or always just wanted a lot of horses and build farm for them.
    Sims 3 have all these traits and favorite colors etc to choose from to make you're sims feel more unique personality. Sims 4 have all that body type customizing and the way it's easy to make sims look unique.
    Some people like more features that sims 3 add and what fit from their game play more and some people like what sims 4 add to their game and how those things fit more for their game play.
    Some like how sims 3 vampires were and that it also let u have werewolf and witches etc. Some people liked only vampires and like that in sims 4 they are more detailed for their game play. Some may be willing to pay even more from getting all occult's as a game packs since it's only thing they liked and want that they are more detailed maybe in sims 4 for them.
    So i just try to say that even tho u think sims 3 expansions look way more better than in sims 4. It's okay and i'm not trying to say it's wrong. I only try to say that some others may think that it wasn't worth for them and think sims 4 pack give them more that fit for their game more.
    But that does not mean that sims 3 or sims 4 expansions give you less. It just mean that some other serie give u more thing u appreciate more and don't see those things other series pack offer to as important/necessary to the way u play.

@Charlotta11 I didn't come here to argue about it. I'm having a blast playing 3 and still getting everything I want for it. Almost 5 years after the game ended, I still have LOTS more to buy for it. And I will. Every time they release another pack for 4, I will get something else for 3.

I have cats and dogs and the vet career is actually a downside for me. Whether I try to play the career or if I just have pets who need to be took to the vet every dang time I rotate back to that household, I don't care for it.
    I also have vampires. I guess it's better than the vampires in 3, idk because I've never played the vampires in 3 because I prefer witches and fairies and aliens. I tried playing a vampire in 4 and I did not care for that either.

But will you be able to say there's still lots more for you to buy for 4 almost 5 years after it ends as I can for 3? Do you realize how awesome it is to have SO much stuff I've not even gotten to yet? But for 4, the players are starved for content. Begging for another pack, any pack, just anything. Because it's so easy to just play through it and it's done and you're left wondering, "now what?" At least for 3, I can say without a doubt that we weren't starved for content. People can bad mouth the store all they want. Almost 5 years after the game ended, people are still buying simpoints for it and getting new stuff to add to their game.

Edit: tagged you @GemSixx
    And i get that but my anwser to :

But will you be able to say there's still lots more for you to buy for 4 almost 5 years after it ends as I can for 3? Do you realize how awesome it is to have SO much stuff I've not even gotten to yet?
    - For me yes. Since i was playing sims 3 i fell more bored after pack. Like world adventure didn't really add that much for me even to i was super fan for sims 2 bon voyage. I didn't like that whole adventure thing.
    I think sims 3 base game was the best base game tho since i think it added a lot more gameplay than other base games. But for me those expansions didn't add much in sims 3 or i wasn't that interested in those things they add for me.
    So yes, even tho we still don't have university, i can play sims 4 a lot more then sims 3 since sims 3 for me added a lot of features and thing i didn't enjoy so there for i didn't have more to play than in sims 4.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    edited March 2019
    I think I mentioned this a lot of times but for me the problem is not quantity. Its not comparisons between numbers in TS4 vs TS3 or whatever... Its about quality! Did players realized that every aspect of The Sims 4 comes with 100 restrictions? I mean... Do you want Apartments? here they are but you can't build them and elevators are useless! Do you want laptops? here they are but without animations. No transports, just teleport... lame! It looks like they are thinking like "oh they want this, lets make this, but cut here and this don't need to much animation or just recycle that, give taht a different color and put some different description and thats it" LOL
    I have no doubt The Sims 4 is selling well but for a game with 4 years almost 5 and with 27 DLCs... PC and Console... Is really that good? They are making more money giving us less content! And by content I mean more depth, gameplay, things that actually make the sims good, not 300 "tables" and "t-shirts" like we already have. Performance seems always to be the excuse for that... EA just don't give Maxis the time and resources they need Its obvious! Maxis is a big money maker for EA and they don't care since The Sims is unique on the market. The community don't have any options. You play TS4 or you stay in the older versions. This is not like other Maxis games like SimCity. Theres a ton of options of city building games!
    I think I mentioned this a lot of times but for me the problem is not quantity. Its not comparisons between numbers in TS4 vs TS3 or whatever... Its about quality! Did players realized that every aspect of The Sims 4 comes with 100 restrictions? I mean... Do you want Apartments? here they are but you can't build them and elevators are useless! Do you want laptops? here they are but without animations. No transports, just teleport... lame! It looks like they are thinking like "oh they want this, lets make this, but cut here and this don't need to much animation or just recycle that, give taht a different color and put some different description and thats it" LOL
    I have no doubt The Sims 4 is selling well but for a game with 4 years almost 5 and with 27 DLCs... PC and Console... Is really that good? They are making more money giving us less content! And by content I mean more depth, gameplay, things that actually make the sims good, not 300 "tables" and "t-shirts" like we already have. Performance seems always to be the excuse for that... EA just don't give Maxis the time and resources they need Its obvious! Maxis is a big money maker for EA and they don't care since The Sims is unique on the market. The community don't have any options. You play TS4 or you stay in the older versions. This is not like other Maxis games like SimCity. Theres a ton of options of city building games!

That was thing that i explained. For some sims 4 add more even tho they can't build their apartments but they can add traits for that lot and how that bring new feel to that lot and apartment living. How laptops are not working like in sims 3 but how u have listening devise and how those items can make more things to their game play in sims 4. It's all preference. What u want and like to have in you're game.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    This maybe bit off-topic, but kind of important. Pssst:

Yes! I'm afraid to get my hopes up, but it would be totally awesome if they gave the sims franchise some competition with a high quality game!
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    @LaneBoy1995 Exactly how I feel! It's all about quality for me. A lot of fluff, window dressing, or faulty/incomplete content just doesn't matter to me if it's done poorly.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    mirta000 wrote: »
    This maybe bit off-topic, but kind of important. Pssst:

I really hope so. Competition might do for the Sims what City Skylines did for SimCity. I would really like to start being disappointed in another life simulation game rather than (realistically) the only one on the market.
    Clutching at their wild theory like a drowning man at razor blades.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited March 2019
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Drakos wrote: »
    So I read just this version of the Sims is north of 1 billon in revenue. Why would they stop any time soon?

They said the sims not the sims 4. I don’t believe for a second the sims 4 in its own sold a billion copies even across multiple platforms.

they said sims 4. Edit -> They said sims 4. 'The Sims 4 has crossed the $1 billion lifetime revenue threshold' That include pc and console

Show the link for I bet it is Sims series as an whole and Sims 4 helped it go across the 1 Billion mark.

https://simsvip.com/2019/02/05/ea-earnings-q3-fy19-the-sims-crosses-1-billion-in-lifetime-revenue/

https://pcgamesn.com/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-player-count

https://dailytech.page/2019/02/08/eas-quarterly-report-the-sims-4-has-generated-over-1-billion-in-revenue-since-its-release/

https://gamewatcher.com/news/sims-4-lifetime-earnings-over-1-billion-USD#

I stand corrected on that bet which I lost but that is quite an achievement for Sims 4, thank you for the links.
    The links don’t work for me? Which as such doesn’t matter because even if Sims 4 is the best selling game ever in the history of games, it unfortunately doesn’t mean for me personally I cheer three more years. Meaning it’s not an argument for me. But again, why don’t the links work for me :disappointed: ?

Ofc it doesn't, and u have all rights to have own opinions on what u like or don't! I don't think it's an argument since i can't say or any other that it's not true. Since it is true for u and all have different opinions about that. It's like if i like pop music and some say for me that it's not real music and i should't like it.
    But i don't know why those link don't work since for me they work and some others. English is not also my native language ( just wanted to point that out because when i add those links i try to take them from as legit sites i could. But i also don't know for sure that what sites people who speak english on their native languages use)
    But i make sure that every link was safe, since i do have really good program that tell if some sites have something harmful but there was also one that said he could not open those link so then i'm not sure why, and i also wonder it.
    If u want to read about it u can look from simsvip or google ' The Sims 4 Crosses $1 Billion in Lifetime Revenue' or ' Sims 4 has made 1 billion'
    EDIT: Oh i just saw what cinebar said about how ' links don't work when they contain the 's' on the end of the https, remove the s and they should work. (Maybe) ' So that can olso be the case and i try to fix if i did something wrong when i send links
    Thanks (and Cinebar) :)
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Which as such doesn’t matter because even if Sims 4 is the best selling game ever in the history of games, it unfortunately doesn’t mean for me personally I cheer three more years. Meaning it’s not an argument for me. But again, why don’t the links work for me :disappointed: ?

Interestingly, Tetris is the best selling game of all time. Minecraft is a close second. Sims 1 is number 49, out of the 50 listed. The others aren't on the list.
    If you look at best selling franchises, Mario is number 1. Sims is number 7, although it does note it is currently the most successful franchise ever.
    There's a reason Sims is considered a "casual" game and isn't taken seriously in the gamer world. Although I dispute the term all the time with my husband because I know we've dropped thousands on it and I've spent years of time playing. lol.
    Well there you go haha, I like none of those games (to play myself I mean).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member

That was thing that i explained. For some sims 4 add more even tho they can't build their apartments but they can add traits for that lot and how that bring new feel to that lot and apartment living. How laptops are not working like in sims 3 but how u have listening devise and how those items can make more things to their game play in sims 4. It's all preference. What u want and like to have in you're game.

Thats a problem for me. Thats like having half of a feature. Im sorry but I find it weird when people enjoy such little things. Specially older players. Its frustrating when we have The Sims games with a lot of personalization features and gameplay and now we have a game that in my opinion lacks in both aspects. I just can't... and I tryed several times.

Thats a problem for me. Thats like having half of a feature. Im sorry but I find it weird when people enjoy such little things. Specially older players. Its frustrating when we have The Sims games with a lot of personalization features and gameplay and now we have a game that in my opinion lacks in both aspects. I just can't... and I tryed several times.

@LaneBoy1995

Some of the items didnt have now same depth as like laptops. There are them but they are not the same. But we did get new interactive items to use. All people may not think that it's neccesary to be able to use laptops on the ground and they may want to have new item insted of getting laptop is more than it is in sims 4. I think we get something more in sims 4 and something less. But we dont get less content, it just about what people prefer in their game. Some like other aspects one serie has to offer so that would add more content and features for her to use and by that also more gameplay. But it's just not same for all.
    I totally get that sims 3 give you more! But for me personally don't since i like more of things sims 4 adds in my game that i dont have in sims 3 and how sims 3 expansions added more things i didnt use or need than sims 4. And that way i do have more things to do in sims 4 than sims 3.
    But that does not mean that i say that sims 3 have less contet or depth even tho i coul not spend same amout of time playing it than in sims 4.
    It only means that sims 4 fit better for my playstyle or i like more its content.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2019

Having a half baked object or feature, in a DLC no less, isn't excusable in any way. Especially something as trivial as a laptop.

What does having a spying table have to do with laptops not having a closing animation? Nothing. Absolutely nothing, because one thing doesn't excuse the other. If they weren't going to give us a full on laptop object why even put it in the GP? Doesn't make any sense. Just the way City Living should have had a different apartment system and honestly lot traits don't change gameplay in any way other then skill buffs.

It's not a matter of opinion it's a matter of reality. Not to mention there are many lot traits that are currently not working because they are broken.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    @LaneBoy1995 And i just want to add that even tho u may
    not like things sims 4 added , some may. For me personally sims 3 started to be really dissapointing at half way and i were really upset where the sims was going for.
    I was really bored to sims 3 and didnt like sims 4 when they released it.
    I was kinda annoyed that i didn't like content sims added until they started to add things like pools and toddlers to the sims 4.
    I started finaly get things i wanted for my sims game and how this game was again at least as fun than back in sims 1-2 times.
    So for me if they would just continue same style that sims 3 was, would be really sad for me. So it's good that sims team do something different so everyone could get things they like.
    I had the same feeling u have now when they still work on sims 3. But i didn't try to tell people that it was worst game of the serie and people should not play it since i also know that even that game didnt add much for me, for someone it did.
    So i cant still say that it did add less content than other games. It's just that for my play style and it's not the case for everyone.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Having a half baked object or feature, in a DLC no less, isn't excusable in any way. Especially something as trivial as a laptop.

What does having a spying table have to do with laptops not having a closing animation? Nothing. Absolutely nothing, because one thing doesn't excuse the other. If they weren't going to give us a full on laptop object why even put it in the GP? Doesn't make any sense. Just the way City Living should have had a different apartment system and honestly lot traits don't change gameplay in any way other then skill buffs.

It's not a matter of opinion it's a matter of reality. Not to mention there are many lot traits that are currently not working because they are broken.

Yes for u those lot traids etc don't add but for me they do. People are different. For me sims 3 open worlds didnt add much and i like how community lots work in sims 4. Restaurants, a lot of people in community lots and i can make a lot of different type of lots. Also for me sims 4 load faster loading screen than vs how long it took in sims 3 to walk there.
    Sims 4 it load just in couple of sec and i can fast travel in different worlds.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
    edited March 2019

Yes for u those lot traids etc don't add but for me they do. People are different. For me sims 3 open worlds didnt add much and i like how community lots work in sims 4. Restaurants, a lot of people in community lots and i can make a lot of different type of lots. Also for me sims 4 load faster loading screen than vs how long it took in sims 3 to walk there.

What do exactly they add for you? Humm? I want to know now.

And you could make more types of lots in TS3 because you had more types of lots. However in TS2 lots worked even better. You could have clubs with restaurants, parks with cafes, stores and restaurants etc, it accounted for what objects were in the lot rather than lot type.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

@Sigzy05
    They add different feel to different lots. I would have to write so much to explaind what different things add for me and that would take Hours.
    I coul ask u what open world whit no same different lots like open restaurand and spas bring to you?
    What color wheel add for u since for me not that much?
    I just try to point out that people like different things some things dont add as much gameplay for others than others.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
    edited March 2019

@Sigzy05
    They add different feel to different lots. I would have to write so much to explaind what different things add for me and that would take Hours.
    I coul ask u what open world whit no same different lots like open restaurand and spas bring to you?
    I just try to point out that people like different things some things dont add as much gameplay for others than others.

No I mean this is a forum we are meant to discuss that. I'd love to know what "feels" do lot traits give to your game.

Are we about to pretend that for some people the TS3 store restaurants add more gameplay than the Dine Out ones? No ofc not. It's not an opinion it's a fact. You might not have used the color wheel but it was a great feature for customisation, do you not like the pets's color wheel?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • GemSixxGemSixx Posts: 144 Member
    Also for me sims 4 load faster loading screen than vs how long it took in sims 3 to walk there.

Who walks when they have bicycles, scooters, motorcycles, and cars? Not to mention a teleport pad?

Completely done with EA

Also for me sims 4 load faster loading screen than vs how long it took in sims 3 to walk there.

Who walks when they have bicycles, scooters, motorcycles, and cars? Not to mention a teleport pad?

Some places in sims 3 u could not get whit a car. Only just by walking or whit bicycle. Even whit cars my sims in sims 4 move faster on diffrent places and different worlds
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    Archieonic wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    The 3 years is already contracted - it was basically contracted by the time the CEO said it. Once contracted it's a guarantee - so no sense thinking it could end. It can't.

I understand near the end of the 3 years, then it will be decided if it is extended again.

Unless I have missed a post by EAxis, a dev (Graham) simply tweeted in a reply to a user that they had at least a few/3 years worth of content planned. Roadmaps are typically not something that gets tailored as they go for this type of product from this type of studio/publisher, nearing the end and then deciding to add a few more years. If that happens they already had it planned at least 1-2 years before hitting the previous date. Even moreso if a sequel is part of the plan.

In fact I'd venture to say if they already are working on TS5 then they already know with decent accuracy when TS4 will end.

Actually if you read all the Earnings calls you'd have known it was in the works for almost a year before it was announced they were extending Sims 4 production time along with several other games that EA called their top sellers and were being given "longer shelf lives" as EA called it and further more explained it all. They were adding story lines to Madden and Fifa to extend those games for 5 or more years instead of just yearly - among many others they were looking into. It was no big secret or surprise to people who follow the business end of EA and was not an idea that happened out of the blue - but had been planned for some time.

I have always followed the business side of companies I support as I don't like surprises - as they are not known to announce many things in advance to the public - but the public can follow all meeting - even attend conference calls if they want to know what is going on in any public company at any time. It's not a big secret - and easy enough to do now a days.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited March 2019

@Sigzy05

No I mean this is a forum we are meant to discuss that. I'd love to know what "feels" do lot traits give to your game.

Are we about to pretend that for some people the TS3 store restaurants add more gameplay than the Dine Out ones? No ofc not. It's not an opinion it's a fact. You might not have used the color wheel but it was a great feature for customisation, do you not like the pets's color wheel?

Yes forum is place to talk about what we want to see in game and giving our opinions about game etc . But some people may say that something is a fact even tho is just about what they want. Like ofc we should talk about things we want or don't but keep in mind that most of sims players are not here on forums or not in any other forums.
    Sims team have more info on what people like and what sells. And what people want in these forums or dont want are not same as majority sims players may want.
    That's why i have pointed out things that are different.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png

Some places in sims 3 u could not get whit a car. Only just by walking or whit bicycle. Even whit cars my sims in sims 4 move faster on diffrent places and different worlds
    You can teleport in an open world if you’re that much in a hurry. To every single spot you want to. Apart from the fact that you were generalizing there (“Sims 4 loads faster than how long it took in Sims 3 to walk there”). Like when you cross the street to visit your sim’s neighbour? It’s not true by the way travelling (loading screens) takes less time in Sims 4. Not that it matters to me, travelling is part of the life simulation for me.
    Sims 3

Slowest car (3): 35 seconds real time (speed 3)
    Sim time: 11:07 – 12:12 (= 65 minutes)
    Fastest car (10): 21 seconds real time (speed 3)
    Sim time: 17:23-17:55 (= 32 minutes)
    Teleporting (cheat): 15 seconds real time (all-in, finding the spot B on the map and give order to teleport); sim time: 18:13-18:14 (= 1 minute to the very spot you want your sim to be)

Sims 4

From hallway to the café in Windenburg: 30 seconds real time
    Back home: 35 seconds real time (due to walking time till loading screen, I used speed 3 of course)
    Sim time going: 12:14-12:16 (=2 seconds); returning home: 2:32-2:42 (=10 minutes)

This on the same computer, obviously
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited March 2019

You can teleport in an open world if you’re that much in a hurry. To every single spot you want to. Apart from the fact that you were generalizing there (“Sims 4 loads faster than how long it took in Sims 3 to walk there”). Like when you cross the street to visit your sim’s neighbour? It’s not true by the way travelling (loading screens) takes less time in Sims 4. Not that it matters to me, travelling is part of the life simulation for me.
    Sims 3

Teleporting (cheat): 15 seconds real time (all-in, finding the spot B on the map and give order to teleport); sim time: 18:13-18:14 (= 1 minute to the very spot you want your sim to be)

Sims 4

Back home: 35 seconds real time (due to walking time till loading screen, I used speed 3 of course)
    Sim time going: 12:14-12:16 (=2 seconds); returning home: 2:32-2:42 (=10 minutes)

It's not faster if i go just to agross the street or house next door. I use my sims phone to travel and it take u to map wiew straight. My sims in sims 3 going from his house to a down town takes like 10-15 sec and if i travel different world it takes longer. to travel there when i speed up and in sims 4 5-13 sec and it does not matter what world i choose from.
    Edit: i dont use that teleport tho, whit that it would be ofc faster. But if i have to choose that vs being able to use community lots the way they work in sims 4 it would be the lots. Since it still don't save that much time for me to be worth imo. Sims 4 loads fast and olso easy to move different worlds whit out losing relationships and mutch faster loading screens in that
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png

Sims 3

Sims 4

It's not faster if i go just to agross the street or house next door. I use my sims phone to travel and it take u to map wiew straight. My sims in sims 3 going from his house to a down town takes like 10-15 sec and if i travel different world it takes longer. to travel there when i speed up and in sims 4 5-13 sec and it does not matter what world i choose from.
    Edit: i dont use that teleport tho, whit that it would be ofc faster. But if i have to choose that vs being able to use community lots the way they work in sims 4 it would be the lots. Since it still don't save that much time for me to be worth imo. Sims 4 loads fast and olso easy to move different worlds whit out losing relationships and mutch faster loading screens in that
    I fully appreciate people preferring loading screens over travelling in an open world, but you are presenting it as an argument as if it’s objective. And it’s just not. I clocked it all in my test, both games on the same computer. Not ‘takes like’, this is what I literally clocked. And you may not want to teleport, you can. In many cases it’s faster even than in TS4 because you can pick the exact spot where you want your sim to land. On the top of a mountain if you want to. In Sims 4 the game decides where you land and often there’s quite some walking involved after you arrived. Walking, because there are no vehicles.

On a more subjective note: for me it’s a huge downside it does not matter what world you choose from, I hate it when my sim leaves Windenburg and arrives in the Oasis Springs desert two sim minutes later. I prefer it, when my sim leaves his house at 2pm, it takes him an hour to arrive downtown. Because when I leave my house it will also take me an hour to reach downtown. For me that’s just really important. And another thing: I don’t even have to wait when travelling in Sims 3, because most of the time I play multiple sims. So unless I decide to travel with them (love doing that), I just focus on another sim in the household till they have arrived. With Sims 4’s loading screens system there’s no way around it. Regardless how many sims you play, you’ll have to sit through the loading screen and wait.

(nor sure why this became the subject by the way, back on topic?)
    5JZ57S6.png

Sims 3

Sims 4

I fully appreciate people preferring loading screens over travelling in an open world, but you are presenting it as an argument as if it’s objective. And it’s just not. I clocked it all in my test, both games on the same computer. Not ‘takes like’, this is what I literally clocked. And you may not want to teleport, you can. In many cases it’s faster even than in TS4 because you can pick the exact spot where you want your sim to land. On the top of a mountain if you want to. In Sims 4 the game decides where you land and often there’s quite some walking involved after you arrived. Walking, because there are no vehicles.

On a more subjective note: for me it’s a huge downside it does not matter what world you choose from, I hate it when my sim leaves Windenburg and arrives in the Oasis Springs desert two sim minutes later. I prefer it, when my sim leaves his house at 2pm, it takes him an hour to arrive downtown. Because when I leave my house it will also take me an hour to reach downtown. For me that’s just really important. And another thing: I don’t even have to wait when travelling in Sims 3, because most of the time I play multiple sims. So unless I decide to travel with them (love doing that), I just focus on another sim in the household till they have arrived. With Sims 4’s loading screens system there’s no way around it. Regardless how many sims you play, you’ll have to sit through the loading screen and wait.

(nor sure why this became the subject by the way, back on topic?)

U take this up so i anwser this first then we can go back to the topic.
    I talk about real time, not as sim time.
    If i travel in sims 3 from home to at another world. I have to wait him to go otherside of the map, that world loading screen and them him to drive to that location. And in sims 3 my sims from home to first walk and then going to his gar and then running again to the location i choosed. That takes a lot longer than 5-13 sec loading screens and it does not matter what world i would pick. So yes it's faster for me
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top