Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• AinseleiceAinseleice Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see more flexibility in building, stairs with landings and there are some people that want the auto roofing back. I would also love to see more color options without having to CC for objects
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I actually would like to see better 4K and visually impaired accessibility support. As is, I have a 27" 4K monitor with a RTX 2080 to assist in making the visual experience as appealing as possible, but when I turn on TS4 to 4K the UI becomes impossibly small to work worth. I'm trying to get in contact with Sims 4 Support right now to see if they are aware of this problem. Fingers crossed they can help me, but I would like an option to adjust text and button size for the User Interface. Being able to actually read the prompts without having to squint or lean in too close to my screen would be lovely.

I second this and think it should have a thread of it's own and should definitely be dealt with if they are even thinking about a disability pack in the future.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    hello to all i would like to know if it would be possible to add to the gallery the cupcake family on the gallery when they first shown the sims4 renderer for the base game please thank you

tumblr_n6qq270bTT1qmvcpno2_r1_500_zpsrgmyrt0a.png
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Kaylen34Kaylen34 Posts: 78 Member
    edited March 2019
    When my sims produce new tracks, the tracks go to my inventory. Please, please for the love of gnomes make the tracks stackable so that i can put them on a shelf or add music shelf storage. (Shelves, CD racks or record boxes would be sooo awesome). And I would also like to see beds big enough for three… … Not just because I have hussy sims and hate having them sleep apart but also if there are thunderstorms and my little sims are scared they can jump into bed with mummy and daddy. … … I hope someone reads this :/:|:*
    Post edited by Kaylen34 on
    edited March 2019
    Just thought of a couple more things.
    Jobs/Careers:-
    • Allow my doctor sims to help others around town or at home if they are sick.
    • Bring back criminals so that my police sims can fight crime outside of work as well as at work.
    • I would like my military sims to have more branches (Army,Navy etc)

I think that's it... for now.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    If they are experimenting with "Alexa" already, maybe sometime in the future we could give verbally give commands to our Sims? That might help some who have disabilities with their hands and arm dexterity.
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Why can't we still skip over CAS when making a new save and just go straight into manage worlds to select a pre-made household to play?

Why isn't there a randomise traits button in CAS and on aging up?

These two things are so ridiculously simple yet not in a 4 years old game.

THIS ^^^^
  • KylemacKylemac Posts: 1 New Member
    1)Override autonomy, or, “go away!”
    2) keep autonomous action
    3) more town movement

1) I’m trying to play with a large family. I’ll ask a sim to do something and I get the x over footsteps and can’t figure out why.

Then I realized it’s because someone from elsewhere in the house has decided to do that action. So I have to find out who’s going to do it and cancel them out, then reselect the original sim only to get the same message because someone else in the house decided to perform the action.

This results in the baby crying for a full hour because I’m trying to get my sim to feed or change it but kids in the house keep coming by to “shoosh” it but not help!

There should be something that knows a player-selected action should override an autonomous action, and tell the other person to scram (like they do in the bathroom)

2) keep autonomous action - sometimes I’ll cycle to a sim and they’re eating or something. I want them to do stuff but only after they finish eating. You should be able to like, right click, to seal an action

3) make movement between the house and town easier
  • alexxcaughtfirealexxcaughtfire Posts: 55 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm ecstatic to find this thread my friends and I have thought about what the sims could use or add for years and heres some ideas that aren't diving too deep into being their own expansions- because we have ideas for those as well if anyones interested ;)
    *Jackets to be worn OVER clothes as a separate item so you can wear the same outfit as your daily out fit but with different jackets for if you have seasons for cold weather or just in general to make it more realistic like with different styles - cardigans, flannel, than jackets scarves etc could be an "accessory"
    *Height for CAS
    *PIERCINGS-
    -Facial (nose, septum, philtrum, dimples, cheeeks, bridge, eyebrow(s), lip(s))
    -belly button,possibly dermals?! More ear piercings
    *More focus on tattoos as well as makeup instead of JUST hairstyles we need more non CC tattoo options just in game
    *Nails - This would be great for vampires
    *PLEASE CEILINGS - so many options. could use same as walpaper, could literally just have a few color options or textured popcorn etc
    *graffiti would be a cool skill with stickers aNd different styles of tagging could be like art pieces where there aRe different ones for moods, skill level, etc. that could be put around town different from grafiti thing from city living in build mode.
    *face wash / other wash options on sink that help with hygiene for if youre in a hurry before work etc (more realistic like how they added brush teeth but more)
    *BRING BACK CRIMINALS AND REPO MAN that was the best and it could happen to anyone!
    *haircut- could be a rabbit hole from your phone but you can pick the style from cas or even more realism- pick like long medium or short and it will shorten the hair you already have based on choice
    *choice of wedding dress/ outfit seperate from formal wear so that you actually get a point to it and have different, memorable weddings and can choose ones that fit like a black victorian for a vampire etc
    *obvious one here but cars for sims.... whatever that brings us i just want a car that functions for travel. like the good ol days.
    *loans - borrowing money online or thru phone (maybe add "qualifications" ? or leave it up to you to ruin your sims lives haha) and have them paid back in the fashion of how you pay bills, maybe have a tracker somewhere like inventory or elsewhere or debit card etc? this would be GREAT for no cheats families and alot more realistic.
    *if your sim is high enough in music or production skill be able to get choice of casette, cd, vinyl etc for your wall or stacking like someone said previously on this page
    *Please PLEASE this might be the most important one auto roofing.. I know its not always the best but it gives me ideas
    *Writing letters. This could be a really cool update as it could add alot with just a small mechanism and I think it makes sense with Sims4 being seperate towns. Could write from desk, computer or click on mailbox to I.E. Write letters to say your long lost grandmother in Oasis Springs. Or your crazy cat mom in Strangeville. Maybe you could write prank letters and pretend its a ransom note. This could add alot to the game because you could when getting a letter, "send money:" if say... your sim "believes" this prank ransom or just wants to send their young adult offspring some sort of loan.. Send gifts for a "holiday" even if you don't have seasons this could be really great for people who play as multiple families and want to dive deeper into their stories. More realistic.... its the little things.
    *More traits with updates..... Theres so many traits you could add... literally anything! I'd just love to see more varieties
    *Calendar for wall with the Seasons pack (like Parenthood family board only hopefully smaller)
    *random but only allow adults in bars or at least to a certain point like have a time when teens and kids arent supposed to be there (i.e. lounge maybe just adults, bar maybe kids till 10 pm or something of sorts to make more real)
    *More hair colors and makeup styles which ill be sharing some pictures.
    *I loved that with the dancing skill in Get Together they added fire flow when you get better I'd LOVE to see more out there skills like hooping (could go with dancing & or fitness or be its own skill) or other flow props as well as lyra ( hoops or silks hanging) and more dancing themed skills.
    *DRUM KIT
    * I built a (music) recording studio and I'd love to some how make it functional

I HAVE SO MUCH MORE BUT ILL STOP HERE o:):#
  • KaruminuKaruminu Posts: 19 Member
    Hey there Sims 4 crew. I have a fun idea for the fitness category of the game. I was thinking of sport activities. I know we have basketball, but why not more? Like a volleyball net that can also be used to play tennis. And a volleyball net that can be put into a swimming pool for games like water polo.
    And just like you did with the roller skating and ice skating rinks, could you make a little field for soccor? Or even a little mini golf hole! This could open up a new opportunity to make a new skill or aspiration rather than it just being Fitness and BodyBuilder. There can even be a Sports Day holiday added to the calendar. Any other sports you can think of, maybe you could make them all into a new game pack?

My second suggestion is could you please design a particular loooong hairstyle. Long and straight, part line to the side instead of centered, and cowlicks instead of bangs (or better yet, give us the option to choose whether we want bangs, sidesweeps, cowlicks or nothing)? Nothing fluffy or bouncy. There's plenty enough of that fancy Barbie junk.

My third one I don't know if it will ever be possible or not, but why can we not adjust the heights of our Sims? It's weird all the men and women are always the same height. Not everybody grows to be 6 feet tall. Give us shorties some darn recognition.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    sorry but the only way i would not mind buglars or the repoman is if they include toggles to turn them off in game otherwise not something i went to see return to the game as a player since i do not went any of my sims to lose there stuff
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • procianprocian Posts: 151 Member
    Sims not wearing cold weather clothing indoors.....More soft drinks at bars...Lemonade,cream soda etc.
  • procianprocian Posts: 151 Member
    Able to add the name of your sims child to a birth certificate would be cool.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited March 2019
    Show all played household, or at least last played household in a corner of map view as soon as we load the game, make it so that when we click the said household icon we go straight to play the household eliminating the needs to go to their world and choosing their house to begin playing, just another QoL feature i'm sure other people would love to have.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • HailselHailsel Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="EA_Mage;d-934752"]Hello Simmers,

We love feedback, we crave it ... And with that thought in mind we wanted to start a dedicated thread, so you can share specific items you hope to see in game.

Have a specific haircut you love and want to see it in game? A make-up style you use daily and want to replicate in The Sims 4? Missing a skin tone that is just right for you?

Let us know the styles/items you want to see in-game! [b]Pictures are loved and much appreciated.[/b]
    [/quote]

TEXT SIZE WAY TOO SMALL ON XBOX 1!!!!
    I have a 50 inch TV, and I sit 20 feet away. Cannot read ANYTHING. Literally impossible to even play the game.
    This needs to be adjustable. Please fix asap so I can play my game :(
  • HailselHailsel Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Hailsel;c-16994885"][quote="EA_Mage;d-934752"]Hello Simmers,

We love feedback, we crave it ... And with that thought in mind we wanted to start a dedicated thread, so you can share specific items you hope to see in game.

Have a specific haircut you love and want to see it in game? A make-up style you use daily and want to replicate in The Sims 4? Missing a skin tone that is just right for you?

Let us know the styles/items you want to see in-game! [b]Pictures are loved and much appreciated.[/b]
    [/quote]

TEXT SIZE WAY TOO SMALL ON XBOX 1!!!!
    I have a 50 inch TV, and I sit 10 feet away. Cannot read ANYTHING. Literally impossible to even play the game.
    This needs to be adjustable. Please fix asap so I can play my game :([/quote]
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The ability to serve multiples of the same drink in a platter from any bar. Not just the bar from Vintage Glamour. And the option to pay a round of drinks to random sims like in TS3 Late Night.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AdriRavenAdriRaven Posts: 3 New Member
    1) Buildable Robots that you can activate or Sell. As a corollary, some means of having a home-based business.
    2) Witches/Magic as a set of skills rather than a life state (let me have my vampire wizards and alien sorcerers!). As a corollary, I'd like to see more styles of magic in addition to the standard "Black, White, Neutral".
    3) Bring back Sim-Egypt and Sim-China!
    4) Give us the ability to generate empty neighborhood templates to fill like in Sims 2, with different themes/biomes. Even having a small number that can be duplicated would be of immense help for those of us who enjoy expansive games with lots of sims and lots.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Now that we are at it, couldn't we have a game challenge like the bad plant in Stranger Ville but with lamas? And at the same time, farm animals and a follow-to-work career as farmer, please.
  • AndyDanielAndyDaniel Posts: 67 Member
    I actually would like to see better 4K and visually impaired accessibility support. As is, I have a 27" 4K monitor with a RTX 2080 to assist in making the visual experience as appealing as possible, but when I turn on TS4 to 4K the UI becomes impossibly small to work worth. I'm trying to get in contact with Sims 4 Support right now to see if they are aware of this problem. Fingers crossed they can help me, but I would like an option to adjust text and button size for the User Interface. Being able to actually read the prompts without having to squint or lean in too close to my screen would be lovely.

Use Notepad to open \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Options.ini
    On the menu, click Edit > Find uiscale = 100
    Change it to uiscale = 75
    8IomapKl.png
    edited March 2019
    The microphones can't be used to practice singing, really? While on the subject of music, Rock and Heavy Metal options please.

I Take it back. Microphones can be used to practice singing, I just didn't see the option :*
    Post edited by Kaylen34 on
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    -more hobbies and freetime elements
    -more stuff for children (after school activities and hobbies) to do and basic interactions like play tag
    -after school activities for teens too
    -some sort of ecoliving farming pack
    -more holiday destinations
    -the ability to combine 2 or more different lot types into one
    -inheritance, funerals, and cemeteries
    -bikes (for children and teens+)
    -strollers for toddlers
    -private schools
    -more types of stairs and a ladder
    -part time jobs and simpler jobs for adults
    -university
    -more residential worlds inspired by other countries and not the US
    -NPC police, firefighters, burglars
    -bands
    -swimming in bodies of water
    -a proper beach destination and a proper beach residential world
    - Sims to be able to talk to each other when fishing (it's a shame that this is still not in the game)
    - Sims to be able to jog together (it would be so cool to have sporty couples go for a morning jog together!)
    - Children to be able to walk their dogs (very unlikely but still worth mentioning)
    - Children to be able to help a teen+ with gardening and cooking (this one would be ideal in a family oriented pack)

And a very special mention to this:
    I pretty much agree with everything I read here.
    There is, however, one thing that has been bothering me a bit. If it was mentioned here, I apologize in advance. I have created many sims with certain personalities in mind and since I play rotationally, I sometimes get to see how my sims interact when I am not controlling them, and some of that stuff slightly annoys me. For example, I have a sim who is passionate about outdoors, camping and gardening. She is not exactly a loner, but she is no social butterfly either and, in my mind, she would not be the sim to go in nightclub to party. But when I play other sims, I always see her in nightclubs and it kind of goes against the character I intended her to have. There are other sims like this too and none of them have any party related traits or aspirations.
    With all that being said, I wish they would put a sort of "dislike" system in the game where you could select activities or things your sim dislikes. But this would not serve as an attraction tool like the previous games- instead, it would simply dictate what the sim would never do if you are not controlling them. For example, you select celebrities and partying as your disliked things then the sim, when not under your control, will never go to nightclubs or parties (unless specificly invited) and will never fan over celebrity sims.
    This has been a thing that has semi bothered me recently so I just came up with a quick concept.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • SimmySimianSimmySimian Posts: 357 Member
    I’d like to see less camera drift. When I zoom out, esp when in build mode, I get dizzy and frustrated trying to keep the camera steady and where I want it.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    School buses, with getting in/out animations

kVfVyn8.jpg

Bikes.. same get in and out animations. I really don't like in TS3 sims teleporting to every transport, vehicles, bikes, boats.. everything. Make it like TS2.

LxvCW5F.png

CTeu1QZ.png

QCvUmrP.jpg

JNrSxMc.jpg
  • catlovedarcatlovedar Posts: 7 New Member
    birds with the customization found in Cats and Dogs where birds are full members of the family and have some Pirates and Nobles style interactions too. Also long messy hair that looks like it has a lot of static cling. Also my friend wont shut up about you doing a Duck Tales crossover.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top