Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I know the only 1 reason why Sims 4 not on Nintendo Switch.

JaySnowyJaySnowy Posts: 102 Member
Only 1 reason why sims 4 it not switch yet. More I think about it I see it why maybe their like iffy about it. It’s portable! If u been watching me on fourms be annoying as 🥳 well u know I keep saying it’s no reason why. Welp I found the reason. A docked switch is way powerful than a portable switch. Docked switch supports Full HD & sometimes 4K if u have buy something for it. While portable switch supports quality of 760p. Is it possible for EA to decrease the quality for portable mode. If not possible u can still bring it. All I want is to play sims 4. Some PC players just wanted because of portability & I understand that but people who don’t have device that can’t get sims 4 want it. I think if they go ahead bring & than work they way up to portable mode. Everyone’s happy but if the people who wants has to wait years. Than that’s no really fair. Even if it’s a port I’ll still pay 60$ nothing new for Nintendo console owners. All we inspect that game be HD & stable. (I know talk so much) But if I don’t see anything news related about sims 4 I might just give up sims for life but that’s hardly going to happen; because I enjoy playing life simulation games. Sims 4 is like Minecraft but more real life..The more more I talk the more hate I’m going get. But I don’t care. I just want sims 4 is that really hard to bring it.

Comments

• HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    Building the sims 4 again for the switch would be too much work, as they have the consoles to catch up to PC and still much more content to bring to PC/Mac i think they would find the switch as an "interruption".. honestly i couldn't see sims being fun on a switch.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • JaySnowyJaySnowy Posts: 102 Member
    @HeyItsKoffee Dude I just want the game I don’t care if we’re not caught up with PC! I just want the game! Reason why u don’t think it be fun because your not in the problem not having a device that has sims 4. This community either has something against Nintendo or either me. Every since I came here. People can comment no sense stuff about switch weak or trash? People who likes the switch have feelings u know?
  • LaAstariaLaAstaria Posts: 17 Member
    I don't feel as if @HeyItsKofee was making any kind of statement towards you personally. I believe they were just stating their personal opinion about the game itself. It's true, they still have so much work to add to us PC players. PC/Mac isn't even the only platforms for The Sims 4. They would have to spend so much extra valuable time and expenses into creating a new game for switch players. Personally, I think if they were going to add The Sims 4 to switch, they would have already accomplished it. I'm sure majority of people here have no problem with you (can't say about whether people have something against Nintendo though). Do not take peoples opinions personally or you'll always feel some type of way.

Hope that puts you in a better mood :)
    •| Nature always wears the colors of the spirit |•
    --~♥~--
    edited March 2019
    LaAstaria wrote: »
    I don't feel as if @HeyItsKofee was making any kind of statement towards you personally. I believe they were just stating their personal opinion about the game itself. It's true, they still have so much work to add to us PC players. PC/Mac isn't even the only platforms for The Sims 4. They would have to spend so much extra valuable time and expenses into creating a new game for switch players. Personally, I think if they were going to add The Sims 4 to switch, they would have already accomplished it. I'm sure majority of people here have no problem with you (can't say about whether people have something against Nintendo though). Do not take peoples opinions personally or you'll always feel some type of way.

Hope that puts you in a better mood :)
    No one actually explain their explains opinions correctly like yours. All the people who come in here always says the switch is to weak when it’s just as powerful as an Xbox. I’m not offended of the options. I’m offended that people are judging an device they probably have no idea about...If I’m understanding correctly u said their gonna completely focus on switch if they bring sims 4 to switch? I thought their were like teams. One team focus on Sims PC & than other team focus on Console? If EA & Maxis bretter big or good size companies than that shouldn’t matter...So don’t fully understand why they can’t focus on PC while bring sims 4 to the switch. Also like I said, “I do not care if we’re last in place to get an update” I just want the game! I can’t wait on the packs & stuff for months! Even if sims 4 not the biggest game without its packs it’s 100x better than Sims Mobile. My mood 😌 theirs hope!
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    @JaySnowy at no point did i have anything against you, i was just simply stating that bringing the sims 4 to the switch would like @LaAstaria said use more valuable time when the PC/Mac version of the game is still very much incomplete.
    I'm not saying they should not bring the game to the switch, i'm simply trying to say that if they were to add it to the switch 1, it would have been added already like it was for consoles and 2, it would interfere with content for all other platforms.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    As powerful as the switch is, I really don't think it's capable of running TS4, at least not in its full form. If even Crash Bandicoot had to be scaled down for the switch in it's look, and the developers weren't even sure it could be done. Crash isn't even CLOSE to as complex as the Sims, especially if we were to do it in the full form like PS4 and XBOX have. Maybe a spinoff type, like the old Sims 2 or 3 games on console? like, a veeeery heavily modified version of the game with a single expansion like Cats and Dogs will maybe work? Even games like the Zelda, Mario and Animal Crossing series aren't exactly graphics heavy. They're simple, but pretty. The Sims 4 ain't simple.

But as much as playing the full Sims game on the go would be, I really don't think it's possible.
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    edited March 2019
    munroele wrote: »
    As powerful as the switch is, I really don't think it's capable of running TS4, at least not in its full form. If even Crash Bandicoot had to be scaled down for the switch in it's look, and the developers weren't even sure it could be done. Crash isn't even CLOSE to as complex as the Sims, especially if we were to do it in the full form like PS4 and XBOX have. Maybe a spinoff type, like the old Sims 2 or 3 games on console? like, a veeeery heavily modified version of the game with a single expansion like Cats and Dogs will maybe work? Even games like the Zelda, Mario and Animal Crossing series aren't exactly graphics heavy. They're simple, but pretty. The Sims 4 ain't simple.

But as much as playing the full Sims game on the go would be, I really don't think it's possible.

Yea I saw simguruGrant mention on twitter during one of his Q&A sessions that he didn't think it would be possible for the switch to run the game. If it were possible I would have thought the devs would have ported it by now. Its a shame switch players dont get to experience the game.
    @JaySnowy at no point did i have anything against you, i was just simply stating that bringing the sims 4 to the switch would like @LaAstaria said use more valuable time when the PC/Mac version of the game is still very much incomplete.
    I'm not saying they should not bring the game to the switch, i'm simply trying to say that if they were to add it to the switch 1, it would have been added already like it was for consoles and 2, it would interfere with content for all other platforms.

This wasn’t going for you! I said this for anyone who comment disrespectful comment. I clearly said it when I was talking to@LaAstaria (Have a great day!) I dont need anymore opinions from you. Because I don’t think you even read mines.
    munroele wrote: »

Thxs for a respectful opinion but, I think switch cant handle it without the dock but I think it can handle with it. Like I said before the dock gives switch just as much power as an Xbox.The switch can supports Full HD while docked & sims 4 is a full HD game. I think the problem comes in when the portable mode is on. With Port qualitys are lower 720p & FPS 25-30...

The thing is I’m starting to loose interest for the sims cause I’m teird Of waiting for people who don’t want me even here...
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    JaySnowy wrote: »

Thxs for a respectful opinion but, I think switch cant handle it without the dock but I think it can handle with it. Like I said before the dock gives switch just as much power as an Xbox.The switch can supports Full HD while docked & sims 4 is a full HD game. I think the problem comes in when the portable mode is on. With Port qualitys are lower 720p & FPS 25-30...

The thing is, the switch really doesn't have the power. Docked or not. And if the gurus say it won't work, they're the experts, they've said no at this point. And looking at this comparison, it's easy to see why. https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/realistic-switch-comparisons.454914109/
    It IS more powerful than the 360, but definitely not as powerful as the XBOX 1, which is what Sims 4 is on. It's not even quite on the level of the Wii U! Those stats are with it docked. Screen resolution has NOTHING to do with power. And with them being so drastically different, and in some games, it REALLY shows, I can' see how the gurus could make it work. It's not something to take personally, that's like asking for a Pokemon game on a PS$, it just can't and won't happen.

It sounds awesome if they could, but I just don't see it :neutral:
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited March 2019
    JaySnowy wrote: »

This wasn’t going for you! I said this for anyone who comment disrespectful comment. I clearly said it when I was talking to@LaAstaria (Have a great day!) I dont need anymore opinions from you. Because I don’t think you even read mines.

You can't really silence anyone's opinions on a public forum and tell them otherwise. I think @HeyItsKoffee shared their opinion and didn't disrespect you in any way and even if they don't really like nintendo then that's their opinion. Not everyone likes the same thing.

Honestly I don't really see the Sims 4 being able to be on the switch myself and I own one. I can see things like a spin off of sorts on the switch for the sims as I'm use to spin offs of different sims iterations being on the DS or wii. The Wii switch is only a margin better than the Wii U (which I believe is one of nintendo's worse selling consoles). Compared to consoles like the Xbox and Playstation is just doesn't have the horsepower that's just more of a hard fact and I can't see the switch being able to handle multiple DLC as performance will definitely be an issue. Much like having decent specs to run a sims game as smooth as possible I just don't see that with the Wii. And it's not just on the Wii the sims games definitely struggle with maintaining performance with how they're built.

The sims is such a different game compared to other games that have been ported to it with how it's built. Much as I'd love to see one on the Switch and be able to play it on the go I can see myself being really disappointed with it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Folks let's reel this in please, this has derailed a bit. Whether someone wants the Sims on switch or not they're allowed to post that opinion as long as it's within the rules. Let's get this back on topic.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I think it could be possible for the sims 4 to come out for Nintendo switch but i dont think it would be like pc/mac and ps4/xbox one version, it would probably be more like the sims 3 nintendo ds but a bit better. Nobody really knows what's going to happen in the future therefore nobody is wrong or right. EA might decide at some point they will create a version for nintendo switch and they also might not. I hope nintendo switch does get some sort of version of the game :-) happy simming everybody
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Sims 4 on the switch would be Sims Mobile with slightly less energy restrictions.