Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    lionpaws wrote: »
    @FoundMarbles Great job! It looks awesome.
    Thank You! It is a son of a gun trying to build a 1911 house with Sims build because stairs don't go straight up, I wish they would give us split level stairs, landings & stair carpets and split 1/2 size wall panels! Other than details, that really is, basically, my house. (I also wish they still had land lines and wall phones. among other things. EA giveth & taketh away!)

Agreed on the stair carpets. I keep getting frustrated by a dining room and part of a garage that look like they're floating. Finally gave up trying to get the terrain height up and used wall trim to fill in the blank. Not perfect, but workable. And for some reason, every time I go do something in the basement, my staircases and the height of the house rise. I"m blaming MOO just because I never had that problem before turning it on.
    Anyone know why it keeps causing random duplicates of things? I find two windows where I thought I put one, overlapping each other. Or a shelf pushing thorugh a ceiling evne though I know I didn't place it that high.
    image.png
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    SheriGR wrote: »
    Really Frustrating, the Gallery image is wrong and I keep deleting from the gallery and uploading the correct image in game but it still posts an older image with the wrong steps! I am not understanding how to fix this. All I am accomplishing is the deletion of comments and stats. I can not get the corrected build up.

@FoundMarbles One word... cache. Bane of my existence. Make sure in your game that it shows the old/wrong one deleted and the correct one shared... and search in the gallery and delete any un-shared/synced copies of it, then clear your cache and game cache and give it time to show corrected. I've had to wait until the next time sometimes to see the right thing on my end in the gallery.

Delete cache:
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Did A game repair & everything is working now and properly set in gallery. (Shame to have lost all the stats in the process. It's all good now!)
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    CHALLENGE #114 - The Tables Have Turned
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: old: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/67AC6FD43B5C11E98985795DCB646EBF?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS114&max=50&maxis=false
    reno: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/425263753B9111E98BD4795DCB646EBF?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS114&max=50&maxis=false
    The family: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0EA49557361D11E98620795DCB646EBF?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=iampes23&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2,000
    LOT NAME: The Hindquarter Hideaway (renamed Florida Funk and Florida Funk Reno)
    GALLERY COST: before reno: $52,854
    after reno: $104,949
    TOTAL COST: $54,854/$106,949[/s]
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/NI7xINS
    ENTRY DETAILS: Before the reno, this half of a duplex was sorely in need of major TLC! It's traits were Filthy, Creepy Crawlies, and Grody! The yard was a bit of a mess, and there was no curb appeal. The inside had water damage and tile floors that were chipped and cracked. The floor plan was spacious, but it could have been better.
    After the reno, the space was put to better use. The mess and stacks of stuff where carefully hidden away in the storage units, and the place is now fresh, clean, and bug free! It has tons of curb appeal!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: no thanks
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    onISnVf.png
    YZINCeB.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Sweet!! I just got back from my vacation and I thought I'd have to sit this one out. Turns out that I'm one of those crazy people who build their real house in the game, so I already have mine in my library 😁 now to figure out how to renovate it...
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited March 2019
    FORUM ID: swcheppes
    ORIGIN ID: swcheppes
    LOT: Home Sweet Home
    LOT COST: $2500
    LOT NAME: Sandy Run (Newcrest)
    GALLERY COST: $128,257
    TOTAL COST: $130,757
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Original Home
    Renovated Home
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided to not change my exterior (besides the backyard) because I wouldn't change anything in real life. My home is sloped. The first floor is street level and there is a shared driveway in the back that is down a hill, therefore the basement actually opens up to the backyard. I was not able to convey that with the tools in the game. Also my home shares a wall with the house next door. I decided to build that other house in my build but did not furnish the other home. It is just there to get the complete look of my house.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes to constructive criticism
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CC
    ACTUAL HOME
    nWJJxbV.jpg
    ORIGINAL
    R1JUliN.png
    ifMgLM3.png
    RENOVATED
    xP27ndQ.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    for the before and after photos, do you want pictures of our real houses, or do you want use to decorate the house how our house is designed now?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    edited March 2019
    @SyddyB206 We are to build our house and decorate the way it is now, then redo it. No need to use a picture of your real house.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16965880/#Comment_16965880
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Allears wrote: »
    @SyddyB206 We are to build our house and decorate the way it is now, then redo it. No need to use a picture of your real house.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16965880/#Comment_16965880

I didn't think we would, but I just wanted to make sure!
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited March 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

Origin ID: TresaofPErn
    Forum ID; SimTresa
    Level: Established
    Lot:

Lot Cost: 3,000
    Lot Name; Avarice Acres
    Gallery Cost: 151,554
    Total Cost: 154,554
    Link to Entry Slideshow: Original House Renovated House

ENTY DETAILS: My house was originally built in 1961, but it has been updated a bit. It's already pretty nice, so there weren't too many changes I wanted to make. The current decorating scheme could be described as eclectic, as pieces were bought or replaced as needed without much attempt to make sure it all went together. Also there's not much in the way of landscaping, so I added to that. The basement bar might actually become a reality one day.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: www.facebook.com/cindy.cherry1
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    epCvOIm.png

upZdpRR.png
    Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
  • lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    I see wonderful homes above :) . Well done everybody.

I finally finished my house. I tried to put all the clutter as it is. Even my husband said it feels like our home, so I'm quite pleased.

There is hardly anything I want to change, so I won't enter the house challenge. One of the guest rooms really needs a makeup, I'll probably do that.
    My question now is weather you want to see my home, then I would load up the pictures somewhere to show you.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    lionpaws wrote: »

My question now is weather you want to see my home, then I would load up the pictures somewhere to show you.

We would love to see the pictures of your home @lionpaws :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    BW10795.png
    Attention ESTABLISHED Entrants for #BnS113 - Love Shack

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    edited March 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: MACDesign
    ORIGIN ID: MAC-DESIGN
    LOT: Mary's House | Mary's House Renovation
    LOT COST: 25,000
    LOT NAME: Magnolia Blossom
    GALLERY COST: 171,197
    TOTAL COST: 196,197
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Full Album

ENTRY DETAILS: When living at my Mother-in-Laws home, I always imagined how I would have like to remodel it. I lived in the 'Summer Cabin' side, where a bathroom is jointed to the 'Main Home' for easier access. For the remodel I completely separated the Summer Cabins interior access from the main home, and transformed it into a Year-Round Rental, to generate an additional income for my in-laws. This was a HUGE project for me, but it was very fun, and I enjoyed creating the renovation. Enjoy!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure, Thanks
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

mNg2O96.png

3ZwLFrA.png
    Post edited by HIGHER_DESIGN on
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT:
    Original
    Renovation
    LOT COST: $3000.00
    LOT NAME: Avarice Acres in Newcrest
    GALLERY COST: $270,309.00
    TOTAL COST: $273,309.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    Original https://imgur.com/gallery/iq1Icvn
    Renovation https://imgur.com/gallery/Ai5qRSf
    ENTRY DETAILS: I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to design and build my own home a few year ago, and honestly I wouldn't change a thing. So, I envisioned myself 15 years from now, in a different life stage. The kids are grown, grand kids are on the way, I am retired, and the house is in need of an update. So here it is, enjoy!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: I just used my own artwork.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    w6NlG6Q.png
    mgbaSwP.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited March 2019

FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    LOT: old: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/59D1655B42A011E98B81048C513C46C4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=pammiechick&max=50&maxis=false
    reno: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/67B4926342C611E98DEB048C513C46C4?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=pammiechick&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $10,000
    LOT NAME: Oakenstead (Now Pammiechick's Place)
    GALLERY COST: before reno: $267,934
    after reno: $285,976
    TOTAL COST: $295,976[/s]
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s259.photobucket.com/user/pamcalvert/slideshow/Buildnshare The Tables Have Turned bf
    After slideshow: http://s259.photobucket.com/user/pamcalvert/slideshow/Buildnshare The Tables Have Turned bf/Buildnshare the tables have turned after

ENTRY DETAILS: This is my dream home I moved into with my hubby and daughter last summer. I haven't finished decorating, but will soon. So in the reno, all I did was a remodel of my master bath (which we will be doing this summer) and I decorated my bedroom, finished up the dining, just placed new furniture in my living room (which WILL happen soon) and redecorated in a whimsical way in my daughter's rooms (yes, rooms...she has two! lol) for when she goes to college and they become MINE! ;-) We actually live on the lake with a fishing dock and boat dock but there's nothing like that in the sims, sadly. So I put in a fishing hole.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure...I already know I forgot to put dirt around my front tree. OOPS! Meant to...but I'm too tired to fix it. That was a HARD challenge for me. I'm terrible with roofing, so if you see how I could have done it better or have tips, that's VERY welcome!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    ygJaeiJ.jpg

JsaXu0p.png
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited March 2019
    CHALLENGE #114 – The Tables Have Turned
    FORUM ID: SheriGR
    ORIGIN ID: SheriGR
    LOT:
    Original: Michigan Duplex
    Renovation: Michigan Duplex Remodeled
    LOT NAME: Optimist’s Outlook in Newcrest (40x30 lot)
    LOT COST: $3000
    GALLERY COST:
    Original: $261,250
    Renovation: $304,175
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    Original: Michigan Duplex https://imgur.com/a/cJpSl6m
    Renovation: Michigan Duplex Remodeled https://imgur.com/a/9OD1uw6

ENTRY DETAILS:
    This was by far the most difficult build I’ve ever done. The home is built into a downward incline on a deep lot and involves basement walk-outs. Since sim lot edges all must end on level ground, I did my best to create an area that serves the same functionality and the ‘feel’ of the back yard. The home is a duplex with 7 bedrooms, a photo studio (turned to studio/study in reno), woodworking shop/garage (cars in garage in reno), and pet ready. (Note: Irl actually houses up to 10 and currently 2 cats, 3 dogs, 7 cars and 1 truck!)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Any
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, No Mods. Pictures by: #roseymow #Super_Love_Sims #AlJay2000 #KassSimsDesign #abbiewiggins #Michan8 #jasna98 #tiya33 (Plus photos of paintings by my sim)

TWITTER TAG: SheriGR
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Original: Michigan Duplex
    Michigan-Duplex-SheriGR_0000.jpg
    Renovation: Michigan Duplex Remodeled
    Michigan-Duplex-Renovation-SheriGR.jpg
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    edited March 2019
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention STARTING OUT Entrants for #BnS113 - Love Shack

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • meowcatmeowkittymeowcatmeowkitty Posts: 85 Member
    @BuildnShare
    Hello. I'm interested in working on the next challenge and I would like some help figuring out what section I should be placed in. How would you go about ascertaining that? I do have several builds on the gallery that I could show, whether by linking to them or taking screenshots. If you would prefer, I could enter the next challenge as a beginner anyway and see where you would place me after that, but I would like to figure out where you would place me before I enter.

For a bit of background, I've played the Sims series for years and have dabbled here and there in building, and then really gotten into it within the past few weeks. Thus, whether I'm new or not to serious building is a complicated question. I think I've also improved by playing other games with building elements, watching other builders (for the sims or other games) and using tutorials and tips and tricks.
    I build stuff and I'm always open for constructive criticism, so feel free to do that
    edited March 2019
    FORUM ID: Allears
    ORIGIN ID: SassiLassi
    LOT: Renew Redo
    LOT COST:N/A
    LOT NAME: Hillside Highlands in Newcrest
    GALLERY COST: N/A
    TOTAL COST:N/A
    LINKS TO ENTRY SLIDESHOWS:
    Renew Redo - Beginnings
    Renew Redo
    ENTRY DETAILS: We knew this house needed some work even before we moved in, and we've been making changes little by little as we go along. There's nothing that needs doing, we're comfortable the way it is. But there are a few things that it would be nice to change. Most of it is cosmetic. This challenge was fun to see what it might look like when we're finished! :)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: For storytelling purposes only, I used two items for the pictures in my slide shows - a hot water heater and a fuse box from Modern Technology. These can be found here These were only used to explain two of the changes I made. But, they are not needed for gameplay, and are not included in the lot that was uploaded to the gallery.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

0WoWXes.png

fXzyYsX.png

EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    @meowcatmeowkitty If this is will be your first entry, just leave that line blank, and the team will place you in the category they feel you fit best.

Looking forward to seeing you in the next challenge! :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    FORUM ID:Mannanna
    ORIGIN ID:Mannanna
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: A House called Home
    LOT COST: $3000
    LOT NAME: Optimist's Outlook, Newcrest
    GALLERY COST: $131,435
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    Original
    Remodel

ENTRY DETAILS: I've never tried to build my house in The Sims before and I am surprised at how accurate it turned out. Almost creepy. All in all I'm pretty happy with my place as it is. I made a few changes here and there but mostly made it more "sim-friendly" in the remodel. There's no way I would trade in my master bed!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

GTuc8zx.png?1
    Uhbh2h0.png?1

• IshizusvIshizusv Posts: 16 Member
    So sad I saw this untill today... I already made my house and saved it in the gallery I would only need to make the makeover but I'm at work so that's not happening. :'(
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention EXPERT Entrants for #BnS113 - Love Shack

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited March 2019
    TRiJN0E.png

Hello, lovely BnS participants - it takes a small army to keep BnS running, and we are currently in need of some more folks to help us out behind the scenes. We most need help in the areas below, and you can be considered to take on more than one role if you have the time. (Most of our current staff wear multiple hats!) If you have another idea other than those listed below of how you think you could help BnS maintain/grow our community, please let us know that as well. We are always open to new ideas!

Judges
    Starting Out Category (must enter in the Established or higher category to be considered)
    Established Category (must enter in the Expert or higher category to be considered)

Social Media
    Facebook manager
    Tumblr manager

Challenges
    Challenge writer (s)
    Hawthorne Sims Challenge manager

If you are interested in helping us keep this long-running challenge rolling along in any way, please PM @BuildnShare for more information about time requirements and other specifics.

Thanks, and happy building! :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Ishizusv wrote: »
    So sad I saw this untill today... I already made my house and saved it in the gallery I would only need to make the makeover but I'm at work so that's not happening. :'(

Glad you found us, @Ishizusv :) Since this is a not a judged challenge you are welcome to still enter when you have the time in the next few days, and I'll be happy to give you feedback and a Maxis Fave nom. We look forward to seeing your entry if you have the time!
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top