Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you really want to be famous IRL?

2...Next

Comments

• TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    One of the cruel things writers are forced to do these days is the mandatory book tour. :unamused: That may be fine for an extrovert...but for an introvert? :cold_sweat:

No excuses for those with chronic health problems, either--the author of Seabiscuit had to go on tour despite having CFS. Whoa! :open_mouth::worried::tired_face::weary:

(As to the initial question: no, I would hate hate hate being famous. /shudder)
  • SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    I'd rather be rich than famous.

If I was suddenly famous though I would wanna use it to be a voice for the environment. Dunno what I'd be famous for though lmao
  • SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    > @Simburian said:
    >
    > Winning money = no tax but you can't even give money to your nearest and dearest in the UK without the taxman brought in to take some of it. I could always buy multiple shares in EA and assert some influence for Sims 4 though. B)

Lmao become a majority shareholder and just be like - 'I need you to turn me into a Sim and manage my life for me... also can you please handle the PR cos people won't leave me alone about that whole lottery ordeal... k thanx'
  • NovaBelladonnaNovaBelladonna Posts: 58 Member
    edited December 2018
    I used to want to*, but there's too much stuff from my past that could come up and bite me in the butt.
    That's why I've got an anonomous YouTube channel. I want it to get popular, but I don't want anyone to figure out it's me behind it.
    Wow, I sound dodgy. I haven't done anything evil, I've just been pretty stupid before and I don't want the whole world to know about all my stupid mistakes.

* partly for the attention and partly to use my voice/money to help others
    For a let's play about a vampire who wants to take over the world, check out my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmFyY60q4J0PJNKCePjVG8g
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    No! I only want to be recognized in my field and lead a good life, with enough money to live well. I couldn't stand being recognized in the street. And fame never lasts very long nowadays anyway.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    I once wanted to be a kpop idol. But then I realized despite they may appear happy, it isn't rainbows and sunshine. Let alone no privacy at all..so basically no.
  • poeticlandmermaidpoeticlandmermaid Posts: 39 Member
    I want like my best friend to be famous, then I can just tag along and no one would really care about me but I’d still get some perks

But deep down I’d really love to be famous. I know I wouldn’t be able to handle it, it would be a hate love relationship.
    xbeou9.jpg
  • eterhniteeterhnite Posts: 26 Member
    No, I would hate being famous. I want to be a known author someday so that I'm making a considerable amount of money off of my books, but I wouldn't enjoy being famous at all. Even though I use social media every day, I don't really like to put myself out there too much. I don't post about my life very often online and when I do, it's vague and light-hearted. But if I had cameras following me around every day and every other magazine had my face in it and some article about what clothes I was wearing? That would drive me crazy. I enjoy my privacy and having my family and a small circle of friends know what I'm up to, not the entire world lol
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I don't have the best mental health and all the pressure would get to me.
    Now that I think about it, a lot of my favorite singers don't have the best mental health.. hmm... I get why you'd wanna sing about your issues though, it helps people, it helps me. But I can't imagine the pressure they go through.
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    1. I'd like to be filthy stinkin' rich. Money may not buy happiness, but it can sure as hell get rid of stressful situations (of not knowing if you have the finances to make sure things get done)
    2. I wouldn't want to be famous though. My wife and I prefer our privacy.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    1. I'd like to be filthy stinkin' rich. Money may not buy happiness, but it can sure as hell get rid of stressful situations (of not knowing if you have the finances to make sure things get done)
    2. I wouldn't want to be famous though. My wife and I prefer our privacy.

I would imagine being rich gives you some other kind of stressful situations.
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I don't want to be famous, I want my work to be famous.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • LukeNathalieLukeNathalie Posts: 32 Member
    Not famous, but I would like to get popular by the things i achieve at my job
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    edited May 2019
    I do. Very much.
    Post edited by MrSpaceman on
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Nope. I'd rather be rich but not famous.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member

Fame only gets you so far. There are so many famous people who could not take being famous and they ended up in trouble, hooked on drugs, or dead. Sometimes I think fame can go to ones head, although some famous people do quite well and are really great people. As for the question, I don't want to be famous but I would like to have money to live comfortably.