Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNIQUE NAMES!

2...Next

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    From my RL family tree:

Pleasant, which could be either gender (I know this only because it has shown up as both)
    Ellender
    Zenith (which was a Brand Name for a radio in the very early 20th century and that's what she was named for. Sadly, she passed at around age 11 from pneumonia)
    Aquilla, a masculine name (don't ask me how to pronounce it, I haven't a clue.)
    Melvina, feminine.
    Eda
    Ida,
    Ada,
    Strangerman
    Fielding
    Cornilius

Can't think of anymore at this point, but hope my few names help.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ElfEnchantressElfEnchantress Posts: 11 New Member
    Maybe I'm just a nerd, but sometimes I name mine with elven names from LOTR, DA, Skyrim, D&D, and Elf Quest.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I don't like unique names. In real life. It's just pretentious.
    In sims I guess I use "unique" names as in they're not English names.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    How about some names from Greek mythology. These are all female:

Nyx
    Gaia
    Theia
    Themis
    Phoebe
    Tethys
    Rhea
    Selene
    Hestia
    Demeter
    Hera
    Persephone
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I don't use "unique" names really, but I can still give you a list of french firstnames if you want.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Some of the names listed are actually super popular where I live now haha. Myself, I love unique names but not just because they're unique. I have to really like the sound of it as a name I won't use it just because it's different from other names.

They names I use right now are probably a combo of common and unique, and not sure which would be which depending on where you guys live I guess haha! I would be curious to see if you consider any of these ones unique or not LOL! I think most are common.

Alexandria
    Abby
    Connor (girl)
    Jenab (girl)
    Aaron
    Dylan (girl)
    Genevieve
    Carlos
    Brandon
    Emily
    Felix
    George
    Heidi
    Isaiah
    Jeremiah
    Katie
    Lucy
    Zelda-Jane
    Sarah
    Kenya
    Salim
    Franklin
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited March 2019
    Once I named my sim Ethaniel. And sometimes I also give weird spellings for relatively common names (for example once I named my sim Cayke (pronounced kah-EE-kee) instead of the more common spelling Caíque, which is not an unusual name in Brazil, but the different spelling definitely is). Also, probably most names that I pick for my sims would be unique in the US since they're usually Brazilian names, such as Felipe, Fernando, Aline, Manuela, André, Juliana, etc, or even Caíque that I mentioned before.
    lexus20 wrote: »
    Once I named my sim Ethaniel. And sometimes I also give weird spellings for relatively common names (for example once I named my sim Cayke (pronounced kah-EE-kee) instead of the more common spelling Caíque, which is not an unusual name in Brazil, but the different spelling definitely is). Also, probably most names that I pick for my sims would be unique in the US since they're usually Brazilian names, such as Felipe, Fernando, Aline, Manuela, André, Juliana, etc, or even Caíque that I mentioned before.

Hey would you know how to pronounce the Brazilian name Caua by any chance?
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited March 2019

It's pronounced somewhat similar to "cow-UH".
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    Olympia
    Isolde
    Bruna
    Borna (unisex)
    Tamara
    Merope
    Ilima (unisex)
    Oleander
    Vito
  • AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    I always give my sims German names: Boys:
    Friedrich, Heinrich, Albrecht, Ottmar, Otto, Walther, Ehren, Wilhelm, Karl, Werner, Wernher, Ulrich, Dieter, Dietrich, Sigismund, Siegfrid, Waldemar, Manfred, Hellmuth, Wenzel, Leopold, Lothar, Ludwig, Hermann, Moritz, Sigurd, Volker, Ernst, Wolfram, Jürgen, Hansjörg, Rudolf, Günther, Jens......
    Girls:
    Hannelore, Klara, Bertha, Hertha, Sieglinde, Gudrun, Ludovika, Hildegard, Frederike, Wilhelmine, Ulrike, Luise, Karoline, Eva, Adelheid, Walburga, Jutta, Frieda, Theresia, Notburga, Wiltrud, Helmtrud, Dietlinde, Augusta......
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    edited March 2019

a-quil-a

The first 'a' is pronounced as an 'ah' sound.

Quil is pronounced like 'pill', except with a 'Q'. Also, pretty much pronounced the same as 'quill', the writing implement.

And the final 'a' is pronounced just as it is.

It is Italian. :)

On topic: I am a huge fan of Roman and Germanic names.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited March 2019
    A quite simlish name: Llamella or Llamanda
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    edited March 2019
    for my female sims i use these a bunch tbh, Eleanor, Phoebe, Ashe, Kaitlyn, Rosy, Violet, Victoria, Skylar, Luna & Remy
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    My sims self's name was Caprina, and her friend was Monet.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    NoTalent wrote: »

a-quil-a

The first 'a' is pronounced as an 'ah' sound.

Quil is pronounced like 'pill', except with a 'Q'. Also, pretty much pronounced the same as 'quill', the writing implement.

And the final 'a' is pronounced just as it is.

It is Italian. :)

On topic: I am a huge fan of Roman and Germanic names.

Thank you. He's from a branch not directly related to me. His older sister was the second wife of my sixth (6X) great-grandfather. I had to ask because I mispronounced the surname of the actor who portrayed Spock in the newer movies. I took the Qui and pronounced it Key-toe, instead of Kwin-toe. Quinto Face/palm.

I prefer English names, on the whole.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    These are great suggestions. Does anyone use the name randomizer in CAS?
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Fauna,from the TV show I am the night. Taylor for a girl.
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Daggeron for a boy

Udanna and Crescent for girls

It's pronounced somewhat similar to "cow-UH".

Thank-you!!! :D I was guessing that but really wasn't sure at all. :)
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    For girls I love:

Annaleigh
    Emberlynn
    Verity
    Eerie
    Wren
    Aerilee
    Arriane
    Brogan (could work for a boy too)
    Breelan
    Britta
    Ezrie
    Keltie
    Lawsynn
    Shanley
    Vesper

For boys:

Declan
    Boston
    Avery (could work for a girl too, I prefer for a boy)
    Aspen
    Brevyn
    Cillian
    Embry
    Evren
    Ezra
    Kinnick
    Lakin
    Phoenix
    Sterling
    Kestin
    Marvel